AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2021-04-05, 04:58   Link #181
DarkJak2050

So that's it... Show's over...

In regards to the last episode itself:
The kids have taken a major leap and shown that they're now capable of conducting Raids. Particularly Minori. As the Raid Team's leader, she may have been a bit shaky in some moments, but her Raid team had her back. And in which she was able to use "Full Control Encounter", although it was on a smaller scale. But it shows that she's improved as an adventurer.

Then, of course there's her love confession towards Shiroe. Even though it wasn't all that surprising how it went, it's rather needed for Minori to move on & grow as a person. Also, it's good that this part of the story had proper closure.

But one thing I did not expect is that Shiroe is interested in Romance. You'd think a person like him being occupied with his works as Guild Master & being a key person in the New Round Table wouldn't have the time for things like Romance. Color me surprised on this.

Let's not forget about Isuzu for a bit here. It's a good thing that she came to the realization that egging Minori on about Shiroe was a terrible thing to do. Rudy for the most part was already aware of this, but I felt that Isuzu herself realizing her mistake & admitting to it instead of Rudy pointing out to her is the better way for Isuzu to improve as a person. After doing such a thing, the best thing for Isuzu to do is being there for Minori after she got turned down. And seeing Minori like that, was a little tough to watch.

Now, with the matter with Eirenus done, comes the next major thing; Visiting Minami. The last time we've seen Minami, it was on the path towards Civil War. I'm presuming that Shiroe wants to establish diplomatic relationships & a possible alliance with Minami because of the threats of the Geniuses.

The Geniuses are not just a threat to the Adventurers in Akiba, but to everyone. We've seen them in the act before, it's not just this season with Papus & Eirenus. There were also other Geniuses we saw in the later parts of season 2. And now after the attack by Eirenus, Shiroe must know that the Adventurers can't handle this threat by acting on their own. So he must be planning this visit to Minami to form a diplomatic relationship & a possible alliance to fight the Genius Threat.

Think back during the Election episodes this season, it was mentioned that some key figures in Minami wanted to have peace talks with Akiba instead of going to war with Akiba.

So that's basically it in regards to season 3.

Spoiler for As For Another Season:

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2021-04-05 at 05:10.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-05, 07:10   Link #182
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
But one thing I did not expect is that Shiroe is interested in Romance. You'd think a person like him being occupied with his works as Guild Master & being a key person in the New Round Table wouldn't have the time for things like Romance. Color me surprised on this.
Well, even though he's aware of his feelings for Akatsuki, it's not like he has acted upon them. He's still prioritizing his work, but he just can't lie to himself. Sadly, this means we won't see much more progress with these two until all the problems have been resolved.
Old 2021-04-05, 09:00   Link #183
Twi

I really liked Rudy's character for the bit we saw. Even compared to the other kids, he was pretty mature. I have to wonder if its because the world he grew up in was so different from the world the others came from. You could see how uncomfortable he was with Isuzu egging Minori on, and he was essentially the one to give a view point of the People of the Land to the adventurers amongst the youths.
Old 2021-04-08, 21:02   Link #184
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

The series had a really strong first and final arc. I really have a soft spot for the junior members of Log Horizon so I was particularly pleased with how the last arc turned out. Not to mention Akatsuki's sololoquium towards the end. If there is one thing Mamare is really good at, it's at those solo, rousing speeches (his "I am human" speech from Maoyuu ep 9 still gives me literal shivers everytime I listen to it. Same with Williams rally speech During the raid in Log Horizon S2), and we got a little bit more of that this season via Akatsuki, not quite at the same level but good enough.

All in all the season was solid. As usual the production staff seems to hate the Kanami segments, but what are you going to do.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-10, 14:13   Link #185
tsunade666

uwawawawawawa I just finished marathon the whole season and I just remember on how much I loved this series. Even though its short, heck its SHORT! its rushed in some parts and I wished its a lot longer!!!

The first arc with the trouble in the round table arc, I thought it could be expand more but I love the resolutions and how things went. I just wished it was a lot longer. The entrance of the others from the fairy gate isn't that much grand too. I feel that it could be a lot more to it.

The 2nd part with Kanami..... it was rushed as hell >_>

The 3rd part with Minori and the low level group. its great MVP is Minori!!! I loved her development. Loved the confession too! That genius that attacks and destroy memories is op menace. its also right to give it a title of genius of despair. losing your most cherished memories

Akatsuki did great and didn't falter. I also loved it when she describe Shiroe in her pov. Its love in entirety.

Rudy is indeed mature in this whole arc. his totally different from season 1 now. His hair reflects it
Old 2023-07-28, 03:12   Link #186
Gatmarant
Margatmar

It seems like the fandom for this series is now gone for good.

I can't really blame them. it has been like what 7 years now since we last got an update on the main Light novel series?

I just wish we would get an update. like literally anything even just a quick twitter post saying, We are still working on it or it is no longer being made. Cause how can u leave the fandom in dark like this for so long?
Gatmarant is offline   Reply With Quote