AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2021-10-22, 06:29   Link #41
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yeah, all the rushing kinda lost me now. I think the show don't care about newcomers anymore at this point.
Old 2021-10-22, 06:42   Link #42
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I didn't know only 12 episodes were planned, and they even spent one entirely for something that isn't even in the VN.

I can't even blame the scenario writers for rushing things this way, it is simply insane to condense all that happens in Muv Luv Alternative in 11 episodes (assuming they aren't going to dedicate any other episode to extra stuff). Rather it wasn't a great idea to begin with.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-22, 08:00   Link #43
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Production committee clearly didnt give a shit. Thinking we are only in for the TSF, the Beta and the girls in sensual bodysuits.
Old 2021-10-24, 04:10   Link #44
devilo96

https://youtu.be/Pluc0XbL_ks

here the creator opinion (the vids already eng sub)
extra note...even the creator think that the anime will end at the coup arc..but yeah...he only supervise eps 1
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-24, 08:39   Link #45
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
https://youtu.be/Pluc0XbL_ks

here the creator opinion (the vids already eng sub)
extra note...even the creator think that the anime will end at the coup arc..but yeah...he only supervise eps 1
Yup. Yoshimune only did episode 1 and choose the new VA. Well he did rant a bit about how the fans aren't the ones most frustrated over the butchering.
But yeah i think it's also quite true, if we're going to talk about frustrated, he's probably the most frustrated considering how long and how much he put into the trilogy.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-24, 10:22   Link #46
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Poor Muv Luv. Maybe it's time to hand over the anime adaptation to Sunrise? I mean, they've been hitting homeruns adapting their Gundam literatures into anime for the last two decades with Unicorn, Thunderbolt, Origin and now, Hathaway.

Maybe they can do the game justice.
Old 2021-10-25, 08:27   Link #47
devilo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Poor Muv Luv. Maybe it's time to hand over the anime adaptation to Sunrise? I mean, they've been hitting homeruns adapting their Gundam literatures into anime for the last two decades with Unicorn, Thunderbolt, Origin and now, Hathaway.

Maybe they can do the game justice.

and then maybe they can roll out takemilazuchi Hg to earn more profit
Old 2021-10-25, 08:44   Link #48
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
and then maybe they can roll out takemilazuchi Hg to earn more profit
That's probably the biggest issue, getting Age and Sunrise to agree on how split the revenue from related merchandise.

Old 2021-10-25, 16:36   Link #49
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I wish they had continued the sorry of Top-Tsun, and that one guy who piloted the Mech version of the Raptor.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-26, 01:43   Link #50
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
That's probably the biggest issue, getting Age and Sunrise to agree on how split the revenue from related merchandise.
Nah, it'll be Avex not Age. Avex acquired Age in 2011. That's also when Age stopped producing eroge.
Old 2021-10-26, 21:06   Link #51
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Nah, it'll be Avex not Age. Avex acquired Age in 2011. That's also when Age stopped producing eroge.
Does the Age FanBox that came out in 2020 count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Well, now no one has to worry about profit, eh?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-26, 22:34   Link #52
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
That would be a slightly different case cause that's mainly just a compilation of Age's past work well it also includes some from their sister brand and collaborations. Either way there's no way Avex is going to spend extra money to hire people to edit out and add new CG to replace the 18+ scenes. Out of the 22 titles in it, there's 12 titles with 18+ scenes. The costing probably isn't worth it to them. I wonder if it's on purpose though, they actually included 12 (actually it's 8/9) past works unrelated to Muv-Luv and wasn't release for all ages.
Old 2021-10-27, 14:43   Link #53
Mazryonh

Quote:
A "fanbox"? Age abandoned their eroge fans (the very same fans that shot them to stardom) the moment they decided to stop making eroge titles in 2011, as others in this thread have said. The new "Age" isn't the same as the old, and some of the magic is gone, despite Age trying to add off-screen or heavily-censored R18-like elements in their Muv-Luv stories, like in Total Eclipse or Schwarzesmarken.

Quote:
Well, now no one has to worry about profit, eh?
I think a lot of disappointed fans won't be buying the Avex MLA anime adaptation BDs, so the amount of profit Avex will make off this show is questionable. But is there any way we can still support Muv-Luv while still sending a message to Avex that we don't appreciate their bungling of MLA's anime adaptation?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-27, 14:52   Link #54
Alchemist007
*Author

I did like this scene of Yuuko punching her chin.

Spoiler:
Old 2021-10-27, 18:46   Link #55
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm not sure why they spent so much time on Takeru explaining video games to Yuuko.

From what I could gather: Meiya is the daughter of the Shogun, the Takeru of this world is officially dead and someone messed with the database to make him appear alive (Yuuko? Weird she never mentioned to him he was declared dead though, so maybe it's part of a larger conspiracy), Kasumi has some of Sumika's memories but the weirdest part if that they're memories from his original world.
Old 2021-10-27, 21:47   Link #56
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I did like this scene of Yuuko punching her chin.

Spoiler:
This is funny to watch. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm not sure why they spent so much time on Takeru explaining video games to Yuuko.

From what I could gather: Meiya is the daughter of the Shogun, the Takeru of this world is officially dead and someone messed with the database to make him appear alive (Yuuko? Weird she never mentioned to him he was declared dead though, so maybe it's part of a larger conspiracy), Kasumi has some of Sumika's memories but the weirdest part if that they're memories from his original world.
It's really nice to see the reaction or thoughts of first time viewers. It kinda gives an idea of how the anime is doing.
Old 2021-10-27, 21:48   Link #57
devilo96

huh....where is the mecha fight....dammit i think they butcher everything so we can watch the mecha fight...but nope only training again
Old 2021-10-27, 22:07   Link #58
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
A "fanbox"? Age abandoned their eroge fans (the very same fans that shot them to stardom) the moment they decided to stop making eroge titles in 2011, as others in this thread have said. The new "Age" isn't the same as the old, and some of the magic is gone, despite Age trying to add off-screen or heavily-censored R18-like elements in their Muv-Luv stories, like in Total Eclipse or Schwarzesmarken.
Actually Age stopped producing eroge after Avex acquired them, Avex even renamed their company into aNCHOR. And currently all of Age's projects are under Avex, so i think the decision maker on stopping the production of eroge is actually on Avex not Age.

Quote:
huh....where is the mecha fight....dammit i think they butcher everything so we can watch the mecha fight...but nope only training again
They need to spend some effort to buffer out the events, it's not like they can always power point slides every events into 15 seconds.
Old 2021-10-28, 02:38   Link #59
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I think they spent more time explaining a video game than they did introducing some of the heroines

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-28, 04:38   Link #60
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
If they had to cut all the training to get to the actual mecha fights, they'd need to cut basically the first half of the story. I guess that's why they decided to dedicate the whole first episode to the fall of Sadogashima, even though it isn't actually narrated in the source material. They needed something exciting that included mecha battles to hook newcomers.

Anyway it's official, they decided to completely ditch the original see-through training suits.

Quote:
I think they spent more time explaining a video game than they did introducing some of the heroines
Yeah, that's certainly on odd choice of priority. It's not like it isn't an important part of the story, but it's very debatable that it's more important than getting to know the various characters better. At least we've seen some Sumika flashbacks.