AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2019-04-03, 23:57   Link #921
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Is there a big difference between Chika not being able to shoot people because of mental/emotional issues and having convinced herself that she can't? Doesn't that leave her unable to shoot people either way? It's not as if not being able to shoot people has been some big merit in her favor. If she could one would think she would if only to help them get on that away team.

Regardless, isn't it just Hyuse pushing because of his own intense desire to get on that away team? Obviously if Chika could shoot people with serious firepower that would be a massive edge in their favor. Not as if he cares for anyone in this group enough to not probe and poke at their personal traumas so long as it benefits him.
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-04, 07:23   Link #922
XFire
150% done
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Is there a big difference between Chika not being able to shoot people because of mental/emotional issues and having convinced herself that she can't? Doesn't that leave her unable to shoot people either way? It's not as if not being able to shoot people has been some big merit in her favor. If she could one would think she would if only to help them get on that away team.

Regardless, isn't it just Hyuse pushing because of his own intense desire to get on that away team? Obviously if Chika could shoot people with serious firepower that would be a massive edge in their favor. Not as if he cares for anyone in this group enough to not probe and poke at their personal traumas so long as it benefits him.
The way they deal with her mental block changes if what he's saying is true, but not by all that much.

Incidentally I thought I had clicked on the Kaguya-sama thread at first and let me tell you that first paragraph was a trip.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-04, 10:43   Link #923
James Rye
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany
Such a big fluff chapter. Loved how Tsuji is just like in Ashihara's extras, so pure you wanna tease him if you are a pretty girl and find blushing Ikemen cute. XD

Konami trying to defend Osamu's pride just to get shot down by crafty Inukai (seriously this guy is dangerously smart/cunning) was also good. Good that Osamu does not really get hurt by being told that he's weak because he accepted that for himself already. Seems though Konami can't stand people badmouthing Osamu even if it is only excluding him from the lists of threats in a battle.^^

Hyuse is asking the right question cause if Chika felt nothing like a bad reaction after accidentally killing somebody, it is likely that she just auto-suggested to herself that she can't kill people while she can. And will, her killing others willingly in the last match to get enough points to make the cut for the away mission would be awesome to watch.
__________________
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-04, 13:41   Link #924
p-kun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
About Hyuse, I think he's doing the right thing by trying to understand the underlying problem with Chika. The rest of the team might have heard the reason, but Hyuse as a new team member has not been informed yet. We'll see next week if he plans to fix Chika, because while it may be advantageous in the near term to fix her fear, it'll be better for him to let her be afraid to kill forever in case he needs to kidnap her in the future and in case Border will become an enemy. So far, the story seems to be going to the direction of fixing the issue, but I won't be surprised if Hyuse will decide to leave it be next week. I think the story will be more interesting with the later option.

About Chika, even Hatohara had experience shooting people and suffering from the feedback. Chika seems to never even try and yet she convinced herself that she's afraid of shooting people. Any guess why? Perhaps the incident of her blowing Border's wall spectacularly caused her to be afraid of her own massive power?
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-04, 14:03   Link #925
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Such a big fluff chapter. Loved how Tsuji is just like in Ashihara's extras, so pure you wanna tease him if you are a pretty girl and find blushing Ikemen cute. XD

Konami trying to defend Osamu's pride just to get shot down by crafty Inukai (seriously this guy is dangerously smart/cunning) was also good. Good that Osamu does not really get hurt by being told that he's weak because he accepted that for himself already. Seems though Konami can't stand people badmouthing Osamu even if it is only excluding him from the lists of threats in a battle.^^

Hyuse is asking the right question cause if Chika felt nothing like a bad reaction after accidentally killing somebody, it is likely that she just auto-suggested to herself that she can't kill people while she can. And will, her killing others willingly in the last match to get enough points to make the cut for the away mission would be awesome to watch.
New strategy: Hyuse acts as the shield, and Chika meteoras anything and everything. Bwahaha.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-04, 14:56   Link #926
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Chapter's out. Only one this month. I've been wondering why they kept using a weekly numbering for the chapters even after the switch to monthly, now I guess it might have been so that he can only release one chapter instead of two from time to time? I have to admit I was hoping it was because they had planned for WT to go back to WSJ once the author fully recovered and the time was right, but it is what it is.
According to the comments by Ashihara, its a single chapter this month due to the volume arrangement. Next month will be due to his surgery



Will probably get back to 2 chapters a month once he recuperate.

Going by what Ashihara said in volume 19th afterward, he is not going back to WSJ, not by choice, but due to the reality of his health condition. He simply unable to live on the weekly mangaka life, not if he's looking at staying healthy and able to use his body.


Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
About Hyuse, I think he's doing the right thing by trying to understand the underlying problem with Chika. The rest of the team might have heard the reason, but Hyuse as a new team member has not been informed yet. We'll see next week if he plans to fix Chika, because while it may be advantageous in the near term to fix her fear, it'll be better for him to let her be afraid to kill forever in case he needs to kidnap her in the future and in case Border will become an enemy. So far, the story seems to be going to the direction of fixing the issue, but I won't be surprised if Hyuse will decide to leave it be next week. I think the story will be more interesting with the later option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Is there a big difference between Chika not being able to shoot people because of mental/emotional issues and having convinced herself that she can't? Doesn't that leave her unable to shoot people either way? It's not as if not being able to shoot people has been some big merit in her favor. If she could one would think she would if only to help them get on that away team.

Regardless, isn't it just Hyuse pushing because of his own intense desire to get on that away team? Obviously if Chika could shoot people with serious firepower that would be a massive edge in their favor. Not as if he cares for anyone in this group enough to not probe and poke at their personal traumas so long as it benefits him.
This actually started as a reply to FlareKnight but I also wanted to include what p-kun talked about since I feel the two points are intersecting here

This goes back to what Toma said in chapter 164 before the hiatus happened, but I feel like this is Ashihara just bringing this plot point to a head now since while its been only a day within the universe, for all of us it has been years lol

But the core of Chika's situation, at least according to what Toma said, is that she can shoot people definitely, if she chooses to. Toma did note that people who might chose not to shoot other out of principle or just are not born to be fighters will end up getting into a non-combatant role within Border, but Chika had shown that she is able to shoot as a backup several times throughout every B-Rank match ("Like a maniac", he said), she has no problem with getting shot, and can even provide back up cover when the need arises for her teammates. Toma's ultimate verdict was that Chika has all the make up for a battle-oriented mentality, but the issue is that she doesn't want to shoot people herself unless she finds herself in a corner where she must. A person like Hatohara, who had a severe reaction to shooting a single person, would never be able to do that even if she finds herself cornered.

I think we are getting into what exactly is the mental block in this case that is stopping Chika from shooting people, and it is important for it to happen from Hyuse since he is the one Chika had the least amount of trust built between them. Well, more a lot of mistrust built since he did try and kidnap her and turn her into a sacrifice but eh

I think we will see how it plays out next month, but I feel we are going to get a lengthy talk between Chika and Hyuse about this and sort of finally get a lot of perspective on how she feels about things now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
About Chika, even Hatohara had experience shooting people and suffering from the feedback. Chika seems to never even try and yet she convinced herself that she's afraid of shooting people. Any guess why? Perhaps the incident of her blowing Border's wall spectacularly caused her to be afraid of her own massive power?
I think that might have played a part, but more than anything, I think it was something she learned due to her upbringing. Ever since her friend was kidnapped, Chika had always been taught to always hide and wait for help, avoid danger and erase her mind/presence, never to engage in battle. Even when she was in Border, a lot of people started babying her and telling her to always run away, trying to protect her rather than telling her to fight.

Chapter 54 kind of best exemplifies this. Chika is literally having a panic attack and frozen in place, being afraid and not knowing what to do


Until it clicks in her mind that this was the exact situation she wanted to be a combatant was for, and so she decide to pick up Izuho's Ibis and fight


Fundamentally, its the Fight or Flight response, and with Chika, her reaction danger is going to be preparation to fight.

I do think what Hyuse is doing here is necessary since even if she is scared of hurting others or doesn't want to be a person who enjoys harming other people, Chika deep down is not Hataohra. The issue is that people have been projecting the idea on her that she needs protecting, rather than her leaning to protect herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Such a big fluff chapter. Loved how Tsuji is just like in Ashihara's extras, so pure you wanna tease him if you are a pretty girl and find blushing Ikemen cute. XD
lol, Tsuji being a dork was a top tier character revelation for me, easily favorite part of the chapter was how much he was impressed with Osamu just sitting at a table with 3 girls and not being bothered xD poor guy

Konami was also pretty hilarious this chapter. So many expressive faces and reactions lol



Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
New strategy: Hyuse acts as the shield, and Chika meteoras anything and everything. Bwahaha.
Turns out Hyuse just wants to take it easy and only wants Chika to start shooting people so he doesn't work as hard
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-01, 15:17   Link #927
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
Spoiler for Chapter 179:
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-01, 16:25   Link #928
James Rye
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany
I can't wait to see their "Chika bombs everything and everyone" plan to come to light with Ninomiya standing there watching thousands of big ass Meteorites coming down his location and knowing he reaaaaaally underestimated that little girl. XDDD
__________________
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-01, 17:03   Link #929
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Turns out Hyuse just wants to take it easy and only wants Chika to start shooting people so he doesn't work as hard
Turned out that was his motivation. "Thinking is hard. Just make them go boom."
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-01, 18:42   Link #930
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
So that's the reason Chika doesn't shoot people. Talking about it with others is a good first step, but will she be able to overcome her problem in time for the next match? If she does as Hyuse says, they'll pretty much have this match in the bag. Since this is the last match, I guess it'll happen.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-02, 05:28   Link #931
James Rye
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany
What I liked about this revelation was how similar yet different Chika's reasoning is to Osamu's as in they are build up around the same concept but on the different side for each.

Like Osamu does not care what others think about him, his reasons and motives to do what he does (remember his press conference?^^). But he yearns to be stronger despite being weak and knowing he is weak. Chika on the other hand cares so much about what others think about her that it controls most of her actions and reasons. She is probably the strongest character trion-wise and like Hyuse said could level the battlefield with her meteorites but she yearns to be seen as "weak" to not get confronted with hostile thoughts and opinions about her, thus she "is strong but cannot shot anybody aka weak". Which ofc clashes with her desire to be helpful for Osamu and Yuuma as well as to find her brother and best friend.

I also liked the circumstances for both, like with Osamu you got clearly see he does not give a hoot about what others think in a public standing that was supposed to be his crucifixion but he stood up for what he believed - that he is no hero, that he will still try to do what's possible and that all he can do is promise and work hard to retrieve the kidnapped C-ranks which saved his bacon because then the journalists were more interested in the away missions than him.
Chika's motive reveal was more private, few people were involved and it took her time to open up to the few people she trusted to reveal her inner belief of being guilty for who she is, a target due her huge trion thus a danger to her friends and big brother who disappeared "because of her". She was forced to reveal due Hyuse pushing her. Osamu was offered a chance to speak out by Karasawa but he was not forced to do so, even though it was clear the whole room full of people would blame him he still went out. Chika on the other hand is afraid of the very thought of others judging her harshly and unfairly because of her powers. I like those parallels/differences you can see with those characters in Ashiahra's story.

Hah, I want more updates of WT~~~
__________________
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-02, 10:43   Link #932
p-kun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Interesting motive from Chika. I guess Chika is like someone who has stage fight in that Chika's issue can be overcome with sufficient practice. Meanwhile Hatohara's issue is like having a social anxiety disorder in comparison, in that it will be very difficult to overcome.

Can't wait to see Yuba. He sounds like Katori in steroids, and Katori, despite her teamwork shortcomings, were great one on one vs Yuuma back then.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-31, 11:33   Link #933
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
No chapter this month.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...urgery/.147266

The good news is that he's already recovered and publication will resume in July.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-03, 14:51   Link #934
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Finding the thread again took some work...

Spoiler for 180 & 181:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-03, 15:37   Link #935
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
Spoiler for 180+181:
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-03, 18:44   Link #936
James Rye
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany
Spoiler for 180+181:
__________________
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-03, 18:57   Link #937
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
The Yuba squad is going to be a lot tougher to deal with than I expected. Yuma's new trick was pretty neat and could have probably scored him a nice kill, I wonder if he revealed it because he's got something even better in store.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-03, 21:44   Link #938
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, that effectively gets across how crazy things are going to be. That coming match is going to be intense. A nice trick move by Yuma. Curious to see what he's got in store for the match itself. Definitely the type that can really get creative with what he's got available to him.
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-04, 06:31   Link #939
p-kun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
From Vol 20 Yuitsuka's profile, I find it interesting that A8 has 3 members from Azuma's 2nd gen squad. A8 is very unconventional (they have one spotter, a mid-long ranged captain, and a double raygust attacker) so Azuma may have a hand on shaping it.
1st Gen, Rank A1, members: Ninomiya, Kako, Miwa, Azuma, operator: Ren is my head cannon
2nd Gen, Rank ??, members: Yukimaru, Katagiri, Azuma, operator: Yuitsuka
?th Gen, Rank B6, members: Koarai, Okudera, Azuma, operator: Hitomi

Next match will be a showdown of mid-ranged aces: Ninomiya, Hyuse, Yuba, and Ikoma.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-04, 20:21   Link #940
silenceblade
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Rather than an attacker, Yuma is more of an all-rounder. It is too bad that he is a rookie to border's triggers. I wonder how strong Yuma is when he complete his fighting style.

Given that he has a black trigger and replicate to help him he could fight on par with the strongest of black trigger users. Given his past statement, with replicate no one in border could challenge him. As an individual he more or less at Jin's level.
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, shounen stargate

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.