AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-08-11, 15:14   Link #441
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
Chapter 57 makes me ship Laius and Marcielle. Also, rugged Laius looks better than the regular baby-faced one. How old is Laius again? He's past 20, right?
He is younger than Chilchak who is 28 or around 30 I think. Flings like him don't live long, I think they die between 40-50 years so Chilchak is already past his prime, no wonder he looked like a middle-aged man as Human where his equal age would be around 40+.

Laius should be around 25, maybe 24. I wonder how old Marcielle is. She never gave a real reply to Laius age question and the way she fondled her hands nervously I think her age is a bit of a big deal to her. Maybe in elvish years she is considered too young for this dangerous work? Perhaps she ran away from home to pursue her dream, which probably involves immortality, longevity aka preventing death from taking her loved ones similar to how the dark elf tried to keep his beloved humans from dying long before him with his "gift" to them. If that is so then her mother who is a Court Wizard might be still looking for her. Or was that perhaps a lie that her parents are Court Wizards? Man, there is so much we don't know about Marciellle.

Gotta say, Laius really got some quick thinking there. Loved how the ghost sword hurt his flesh but not his armor or clothes. What a deadly opponent who's blade you can't even block! Thank god he was ready for a deal for a headless horse (lol, that bump on the roof and door XD). Next chapter with the horsehead stew and brain soup gonna be fun to read for sure. I aww'd at Laius looking forward to it as he thought of her smile and she took it as him looking forward to eating brain. <3
I also liked the flashback with gruffy looking Laius (hot, hot, HAWT!!! No homo.) and his first meeting with Marcielle or how she debunked all their arguments and then got into this business because she got killed by a slime. XDDD
Old 2019-08-11, 16:08   Link #442
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I also liked the argument about his haircut. Farlyn: "It makes you look like dad!" Laius: *buzzcut*
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-13, 07:49   Link #443
James Rye

He must really dislike his Dad. But he looked darn cool with that look.^^
Old 2019-10-13, 16:58   Link #444
James Rye

Wow, Succubi are a thing and they are totally OP 1-1 and can even overpower groups if attacking in groups. I think this fail is on Chilchack though I totally understand why he burst out laughing after seeing Marcille's dream elf. XDDD
Gotta say though if that is how his wife REALLY looks like, then hot damn! Like HOT damn! HOT!!!

Now it is up to Itzumi to save the group and slay all the Succubi and then for the others to make some delicious meal outta them! Honestly when I saw that title my first thought was how they were going to eat those Succubi. XD
Old 2019-10-13, 22:20   Link #445
marvelB

Well now, it's nice to see Izutsumi starting to get some more development! She claims she doesn't have anyone she's attracted to, but that makes me all the more curious as to what form those succubi will take once they expose themselves....

Also, I love that Marcille didn't spare yet another opportunity to tease Chilchack about his wife despite the mortal danger they were in. A shipper to the very end, I guess?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-15, 09:11   Link #446
p-kun

I wish we could see Senshi's and Laius' fetishes, particularly Laius. I wonder if Laius' fetish is even human, considering him XD.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-15, 07:37   Link #447
marvelB

Next chapter's out, and it's Izutsumi who saves the day! Interestingly, her curse is the very reason she fails to fall for the succubi's charms (so apparently, her cat half likes panther...). And hey, she tries her hand at cooking for a change! Once the party has recovered, Laius reveals he may have encountered the winged lion....?!

BTW, still kinda wish we knew what form those succubi took to entice Senshi....
Old 2019-11-15, 09:04   Link #448
James Rye

Man, the idea of a succubi MOSQUITO monster is so genius and it works so well with this dungeon world! <3 <3 <3
Lol, Marcille wanted to gossip right after being revived. XD
Itzumi was the MVP, clearly, and it was awesome how she realized this was her mom despite not having any memories of her and how she figured out why she was still able to kill her mom so easily. Having two different hearts was very helpful in this regard.
Old 2019-11-15, 17:33   Link #449
marvelB

Come to think of it, I wonder if the "winged lion" Laius saw was the same panther form the succubi took against Izutsumi, but with its wings sprouted? Seems pretty plausible, at least as long as you don't count the implication that our intrepid party leader is more attracted to monsters than humans!
Old 2019-11-16, 23:07   Link #450
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

"Giving milk through their anus."
Yup, that image is gonna be stuck in my head.
Old 2019-12-13, 23:49   Link #451
marvelB

Last chapter of the year is out! Really awesome one, too! After Laius' encounter with some succubi (which took form as a monster version of Marcille, lol ), he finally meets the winged lion in his dreams.... who turns out to be the TRUE creator of the dungeon! He reveals he's been watching the party through Kensuke, and shows Laius a future where he becomes the new king, and creates a society where humans and monsters coexist in (relative) peace. However, that dream can only come true if Laius' party manages to free the lion from his prison. But now, it seems that an encounter with the elf party is drawing near....!!!!

Sadly, we have to wait until February until the next chapter, but a least one for 2019 was a great one, indeed!
Old 2019-12-14, 02:58   Link #452
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Laius when "Marcille" is trying to kiss him: "Begone, thot!"
Laius when furry "Marcille" with 5 additional dog heads try to bite him: "I can't resist the temptation!"

We already knew, but he really is a freak...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-14, 07:11   Link #453
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
he finally meets the winged lion in his dreams.... who turns out to be the TRUE creator of the dungeon!
From what the Lion said, he's actually the power source, used by the mad sorcered to shape and create the dungeon. So yeah the fine details were done by the Lion, but the overall theme was set by the mad sorcerer.

The question unanswered is where the Lion comes from.
Maybe it was created, an artificial creature to manage the dungeon.
Or it was summoned, a celestial or demon summoned and confined, by a pact, then used as power source and management for the dungeon. (if there is a pact involved, wonder what is the requirement for it)

Maybe all the other dungeons have their own power source.

These reveals also give more insight in what the Canaries may be aiming to do. Either vanquish, seal, or free (de-summon) the Lion.
And eliminate anyone with the knowledge about how to summon/create an other power source. (Twistle, and Marcille probably)

But it could also be the Canaries want to get control over the power source by becoming the new owners of the dungeon, from there they could use all that power to unleash the dungeon on the surface if they wanted, or anything else.
All that power give to a single person must be why the elves want to restrict and ban the use and creation of dungeons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Laius when "Marcille" is trying to kiss him: "Begone, thot!"
Laius when furry "Marcille" with 5 additional dog heads try to bite him: "I can't resist the temptation!"

We already knew, but he really is a freak...
I was also surprised when Laius realized very quickly the marcille he saw was a succubus. The man is pure rationality, no feelings only monsters.
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-14, 09:32   Link #454
James Rye

Marcille with fangs, kinky~ xD
Really loved the winged Lion, he got character. Same with how Laius kingdom wasn't all sunshine and roses but had real problems as well. The panel with the struggling walking mushroom and the other rope-bound mushroom shivering in the selling boot was hilarious. Poor shrooms. XD
Well, looks like the Canaries will be a future problem of our heroic gang, but that was to be expected. Only way this could go worse would be the dwarves showing up and saying they want their old city back and the elves should piss off, which I doubt the elves gonna do.
Old 2019-12-14, 16:12   Link #455
James Rye

Spoiler for I really want this to get an anime someday, a good anime:

Just how long do we got to wait till we get an anime announcement for this series? I mean, Laius is close to the winged Lion already, the canaries are on their way to shut-down the dungeon and Thistle had to retreat from a losing battle.
This might even end in the next ten-twenty chapters or so. Or it just enters its new story arc where Laius rules a dungeon kingdom with his sister and friends. That would solve the problem Farlyn has with being unable to leave the dungeon.

Spoiler for Also this XD:
Old 2019-12-15, 16:50   Link #456
Spinell

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Just how long do we got to wait till we get an anime announcement for this series?
They just made a small snack yet.
Spinell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-08, 17:00   Link #457
James Rye

Anyone knows when the next update is due? I'm starving for some DM...
Old 2020-02-15, 00:23   Link #458
marvelB

First chapter of the year is finally out! This one returns focus on Kabru and Misurn (the elf captain, who's finally confirmed to be male, BTW). The two must survive by each other's side for a week until the rest of the Canaries come to help them! Naturally, this means Kabru is forced to adopt Laius' doctrine of cooking monsters (gotta love that nightmare of his! ). At the end of the chapter, Misurn reveals a shocking secret to Kabru: He was once the master of a dungeon, which consumed a large number of his original squad....!!!

And.... it might be just me, but I felt some of this chapter's dialogue felt rather..... suggestive, maybe? Like the elf lady from Kabru's flashback saying she'd give him exhaustive, thorough training in using the sword, and the other Canaries telling him that he has to "tend to the captain's everyday needs".... maybe my mind is just too deep in the gutter, lol.
Old 2020-02-15, 08:00   Link #459
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I also felt the same

the problem in this manga is short chapter. They tried to explain some complex stuffs but we need to wait for 2-3 chapters to complete the stories.
I'm sure Misurn's background might explain a lot but at this rate, I'll forget who he is after 2-3 weeks
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 14:26   Link #460
James Rye

I think Kabru is very attractive to Elves. Look how much his elven care mother kissed his hair or how the elves reacted to his entry in the mayor's office or when they heard he was in their care as a child. So it is no wonder we find the dialogue suggestive, I bet those hundred plus year old elves are all pervs. xD

I really liked how we finally got the explanation for the cut ears, those elves are criminals, those with normal ears are guardians who make sure the criminals don't just run off. As for Misurn, male or not male dude is already an internet waifu lol, his ears might either be due a fight or it shows the grave crime he committed by being a dungeon master. In any case, next chapter gonna be the flashback of the Captain, it will be interesting to see the demise of his team and his ruling as master of a dungeon.

Tags
comedy, cooking, dungeons, fantasy