AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.91%
Nino 29 16.38%
Miku 93 52.54%
Yotsuba 22 12.43%
Itsuki 17 9.60%
Other 2 1.13%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-02-07, 20:52   Link #5301
rulfo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Just give me a red wedding at this point or a pie ending ala School Rumble. This god damn piece of shit story needs to go. Negi should never do serialized manga ever again.
__________________
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-07, 20:55   Link #5302
rulfo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
This is one of the things I feared would happen after the choice, this exact same thing right here:

Fuutarou choosing Yotsuba means that there was literally no need for any of this quintuplet game and it is just meant as one last time to further shit on the three older sisters.

Fuutarou choosing another sister would mean that everything from the choice to the wedding is just unnecessary filler that should never have existed meant to pad out the series in the most horrible way possible.

Fuutarou choosing Itsuki means that nothing in this world makes any damn sense and that anime and manga was a mistake all along so we should all just give up on it.

Negi just wrote himself and the series into a corner where no matter what choice he makes it just reinforces how bad everything from the choice up to this point was.
Not like Yotsuba and Fuutarou's relationship meant anything even if she wins. The romance in romcom is missing. Only thing left is comedy and it happened in a meta sense that shit so bad right now that you can't take anything serious.
__________________
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-07, 21:08   Link #5303
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
Tbh, I am more surprised if he didn’t don’t quint game wedding edition. It kinda foreshadowed it while back anyway. I think it just cute. Thought bit silly consider they are like 25(?) now
__________________
*TL Note: Better than
Skype and Teamspeak

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-08, 02:32   Link #5304
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: South-east Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
The madman really went for it.
https://i.imgur.com/RZY1pNI.jpg
Bold move.

Last chapters of Gotoubun is truly a wild ride; never knew a rom-com manga can provide such thrill of uncertainty.

__________________
F/GO ID: 232846317

- Life is simple, that's why it became complicated. -
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-08, 03:36   Link #5305
WingedAccelerator
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
This is one of the things I feared would happen after the choice, this exact same thing right here:

Fuutarou choosing Yotsuba means that there was literally no need for any of this quintuplet game and it is just meant as one last time to further shit on the three older sisters.

Fuutarou choosing another sister would mean that everything from the choice to the wedding is just unnecessary filler that should never have existed meant to pad out the series in the most horrible way possible.

Fuutarou choosing Itsuki means that nothing in this world makes any damn sense and that anime and manga was a mistake all along so we should all just give up on it.

Negi just wrote himself and the series into a corner where no matter what choice he makes it just reinforces how bad everything from the choice up to this point was.
Forgot to mention, this also means the obvious, that all of them minus Yotsuba are single by the time of the wedding and deep down they are still gunning for Fuutarou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Tbh, I am more surprised if he didn’t don’t quint game wedding edition. It kinda foreshadowed it while back anyway. I think it just cute. Thought bit silly consider they are like 25(?) now
They should be 22.
----------

A new spoiler outright shows the wedding invitation of Fuutarou and Yotsuba. No point in the quintuplet game.
Nino and Miku are using the old Uesugi Café for their new place, lend by Isanari.
Yotsuba moved to Tokyo and lived with Fuutarou there recently. She got the ear piercing from Nino. She calls him Fuutarou now.

Every damn clue, hint meant nothing or went to Yotsuba: The manga.

Last edited by WingedAccelerator; 2020-02-08 at 04:27.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-08, 06:20   Link #5306
256
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
I can't find words.
It's like Negi wanted to make everything as repulsive as possible and just kept adding and adding more shit on top.
Of course. Since Yotsuba has never done anything and never had any hints, let's just give her everything on a silver platter.
And make the girls who actually had hints personally hand them off to her.
Turns out the hopes their fans had actually were hints all along. But not for them.

For the past few chapters I kept on reading just to see how Nino's story ends.
All I saw was her getting ommited from basic plot points everyone else got and her character being destroyed. If that's how it's going to be, I'm not sure I want to see that now.
Good thing this shitshow ends next week so Negi won't be able to abuse her anymore.
256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-08, 06:22   Link #5307
Lex79
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Italy
Quote:
Yotsuba moved to Tokyo and lived with Fuutarou there recently. She got the ear piercing from Nino. She calls him Fuutarou now.

Every damn clue, hint meant nothing or went to Yotsuba: The manga.
What else were you expecting for the ear piercing?
__________________
You will die, mortal
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-08, 06:45   Link #5308
WingedAccelerator
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Having Yotsuba on her own volition decide to get her ear pierced off-screen. Harmless. Negi could have showed her appear with an earring already. Easy solution.
Having the character that specifically said that she will pierce her own ear by the time of her own wedding doing it for Yotsuba is just another needless insult.

And I will ask again, what is the point of the quint game? Wedding invitation for Fuutarou's and Yotsuba's wedding. Check. Talking to Papa Nakano about how he loves Yotsuba and there is no mistake. Check. The quints congratulated Yotsuba for her marriage. Check.
What is there to prove? They even moved in together off-screen (further proving Yotsuba is probably just a housewife). She calls him Fuutarou now (Took her long enough). They need to witness Fuutarou LOVING her on the big day to finally let him and their feelings for him go? They held onto those for years? No matter the reason, Negi just unnecessarily makes them sore losers for the third time already in the volume, after 5 years have passed. And Yotsuba is fine with this, she needs to show them who was the boss all along again.

Although I wonder why Fuutarou skips the ring exchange, if the game takes place before the ceremony and he picked out Yotsuba? If the BK is Yotsuba as well, then did she really decided to only hint about that kiss on the wedding and never told him? How does whoever overheard the kiss knew it was Yotsuba? Did Fuutarou figure out Rena and KG? I expect nothing...
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-08, 07:12   Link #5309
amasposu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Spoiler for spoiler:

But... this was the previous story.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-08, 07:13   Link #5310
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: South-east Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
And I will ask again, what is the point of the quint game? Wedding invitation for Fuutarou's and Yotsuba's wedding. Check. Talking to Papa Nakano about how he loves Yotsuba and there is no mistake. Check. The quints congratulated Yotsuba for her marriage. Check.
What is there to prove?
To further ensure Scrambled Eggs is about Yotsuba, gotta retcon grandpa and Miku as good as possible just to be safe.



To begin with, why still betting on the one kissing MC on bell place at this point?

If its Yotsuba, it will be correct but doesn't change how weird the decision made by first ally things when she never truly support MC to begin with but festival;
If its someone else other than her that's not Miku, its no different than spitting on said quint as that means her route is killed before actually provide character development which others would appreciate, especially if it turned out to be Nino and/or Itsuki.

Let's just sit and watch how marvelous following events can be.

__________________
F/GO ID: 232846317

- Life is simple, that's why it became complicated. -
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-08, 07:50   Link #5311
devil_slayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Yotsuba moved to Tokyo and lived with Fuutarou there recently. She got the ear piercing from Nino. She calls him Fuutarou now.

Every damn clue, hint meant nothing or went to Yotsuba: The manga.
He actually did this shit off-screen and decided to focus on the sisters drama for 3-4 chapters.

Just why? Not even Yotsuba fans can be happy at this point because Negi won't even give the simplest thing, SOME SCREEN TIME.
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-08, 09:55   Link #5312
WingedAccelerator
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Like I said, she won, so there's that for the Yotsuba supporters, but I bet they were also optimistic about some on-screen action leading to the wedding. This is also why if anyone said that a switch would have ruined the manga, I would have disagreed. Off-screen breakup and off-screen choosing another quint revealed at the wedding vs. off-screen dating leading to the wedding. Pick your poison. Strictly speaking, Yotsuba's peak relevancy was 3-4 chapters of flashback, while the Fuutarou-Yotsuba romance? was also 4 chapters.

Chosen, you asked for volume burning, right? I saw a video about Volume 11 getting ripped to shreds, then set on fire. Does it count?
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-08, 10:13   Link #5313
RDNexus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portugal
Age: 33
Are tankobons expensive in Japan?
Is there a need for people to trash and burn something they paid for?

I understand they're frustrated about having their investment trampled on, but to go that far...
__________________
For those potentially interested, I've translated Chapter 01 of my original LN-style story, LEGACY SCIONS, from portuguese to english.

You can download it here. Feedback is welcome. I hope you like it.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-08, 10:18   Link #5314
Hakai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Age: 22
They can burn their volumes all they want, but they can never burn the cash Negi made from those
__________________
Hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-08, 10:50   Link #5315
Endless_Despair
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
He actually did this shit off-screen and decided to focus on the sisters drama for 3-4 chapters.

Just why? Not even Yotsuba fans can be happy at this point because Negi won't even give the simplest thing, SOME SCREEN TIME.
I'm sure people here already know that I'm a Yotsuba supporter and even I'm not happy with how the last Volume has progressed. Yotsuba maybe my favourite but I like all of the Quints and wanted them all to get a decent closure. Even 1 chapter each of them talking to Fuutarou (their tutor) about their final choices for the future would have been nice. Yotsuba's uncertainties over being chosen by Fuutarou should not have been the prime focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Like I said, she won, so there's that for the Yotsuba supporters, but I bet they were also optimistic about some on-screen action leading to the wedding. This is also why if anyone said that a switch would have ruined the manga, I would have disagreed.
A last minute Bait and Switch would be God-awful and anyone who's read Masamune would know this. Just because this last volume hasn't been good overall doesn't suddenly make something as abysmal as a last minute Bait and Switch an okay thing to do.
Endless_Despair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-08, 10:58   Link #5316
WingedAccelerator
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
The newest information from the chapter is that Yotsuba is the one that reveals to Miku how she moved to Tokyo recently with Fuutarou, and is on a first name basis with him.

Obviously, this really begs further questions. Does Negi imply that everyone is so busy, moved on from Fuutarou with their lives that something like this is new information to them? Like Yotsuba is going to get married, they are aware, but she only talks about the first name basis now, or the first name basis took her 5 years? Or that she is moving to Fuutarou doesn't worth mentioning to the sisters? Did they stop talking with each other? How did they organize a wedding like this, if they are in the dark with basic personal life changes between Fuutarou and the Bride? And if they are busy with their lives, moved on, then again, there is no point in the quintuplet game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Are tankobons expensive in Japan?
Surprisingly enough, not. I did a conversion, Volume 13 in USA dollars would be around 4.5 dollars. You can pretty much buy all volumes for a price that equals somethig like a cheaper headphone, electric toothbrush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Sin View Post
They can burn their volumes all they want, but they can never burn the cash Negi made from those
This is also true. The royalties Negi got from the sales are insane. He can just retire after 5toubun and have a peaceful family life with ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless_Despair View Post
A last minute Bait and Switch would be God-awful and anyone who's read Masamune would know this. Just because this last volume hasn't been good overall doesn't suddenly make something as abysmal as a last minute Bait and Switch an okay thing to do.
Anything would have worked out with a feasible explanation. Yotsuba's issues also would have cured, but that doesn't necessarily would have made her the Bride.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-08, 12:15   Link #5317
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Negi is so transparent it's insulting, this is all clearly being done to showcase how Fuutarou could always pick out Yotsuba from the rest, because of course, she was the only one he ever truly recognized while in disguise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
The newest information from the chapter is that Yotsuba is the one that reveals to Miku how she moved to Tokyo recently with Fuutarou, and is on a first name basis with him.
If that's true then these last two chapters are just Negi out right mocking everything about Miku as one last middle finger to her and everyone that likes her.
__________________
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-08, 12:15   Link #5318
HtwoN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Texas, US
What is this shitshow? Has Negi gone mad?

Yotsuba winning is okay, but couldn't he stop shitting on every other girls?
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-08, 12:33   Link #5319
rulfo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
If Negi can dish out drivel like this, a bait and switch at the last minute is defitely not out of character for him. Since we've gone this path, seeing him drive this shitshow off the cliff with a bang would make me respect him a little bit more since that is the first time he will be honest to his readers.
__________________
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-08, 12:59   Link #5320
WingedAccelerator
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
If that's true then these last two chapters are just Negi out right mocking everything about Miku as one last middle finger to her and everyone that likes her.
I don't find this one particularly offensive, because if Yotsuba wouldn't have been a coward, she would have shared "Fuutarou-kun" with Ichika from the start, but she had to go with "Uesugi-san" to imply distance. It's normal that she uses Fuutarou now since she is about to marry, but it's abnormal how it took her years and how it's a new information for all of them. I think Miku just got highlighted, not that she was the only one, who didn't know. Cue to all of my raised questions earlier. They have even met 2 years before the wedding and visited Grandpa, and even there apparently Yotsuba was not on first basis with him and moved in together with him.

A secret project is also teased. A lot of people are betting on a spin-off, most likely centered on the loser girls, Nino and Miku are likely candidates. If not Negi is the one behind, it could be fun, but hopefully they won't gun for the same guy.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.