AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-04-13, 00:49   Link #3381
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: South-east Asia
I think the problem is more to how Fujiwara treated as this series goes.

At start, we were wondering how she is Kaguya best friend?
Curious because her friend kept thinking "You're as good as dead" whenever she approached Miyuki.
However it easily tolerated because comedy and fact its early part of story so maybe it will be explained later.

Then, she's relegated into Miyuki's ally who knew all his deep secrets of failure.
Meanwhile she is replaced by Hayasaka for every matters related to Kaguya under "idiot, low IQ" reason when asking Fujiwara for advice raised, this best friend status became very questionable. Is it real or one-sided from Fujiwara? IMO at this point it looks more sensible if Fujiwara is Miyuki childhood friend.

Now she's very detached from Student Council to the point she didn't know what's going on?
TBH IMO latest chapters didn't do good other than "author finally remember Fujiwara is also there". The spoiler only made me think Aka is thinking "Finally I can get rid of her ... until I need her again when I need to do comedy".

__________________
F/GO ID: 232846317

- Life is simple, that's why it became complicated. -
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-13, 02:37   Link #3382
Sixth
Nobita
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Am I the only one who doesn't mind that Fujiwara being a comic relief here?
I don't think we need more character drama at this point.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-13, 03:11   Link #3383
Lex79
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't mind that Fujiwara being a comic relief here?
I don't think we need more character drama at this point.
I 100% agree. I alwaus saw her as a comic relief character and never wanted her to be more.
__________________
You will die, mortal
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-13, 03:19   Link #3384
WingedAccelerator
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
If you are neutral or not particularly fond of/care about Fujiwara as a character, you just accept whatever Aka does with her... Or not actually does. Meaning you accept the boring defensive statements such as "Bruh, she is a just comic relief".

Ishigami was also a one note joke character, who openly shittalked characters, got caught, then chapter ended with him going home to kill himself. He outgrew this joke phase. Or the serious Iino getting a position in the Student Council, then constantly encountering suggestive situations between the council members. She is way past that phase. Or there is Maki, who has more than enough going for her to not be a joke character, but unlike Fujiwara, she is definitely at fault for not moving on from Tsuabasa, earning her comedic suffering. Fujiwara? Forced buttmonkey status, which started around post-festival Student Council.

I think Aka started to face pacing issues around the festival and pre-festival. Way too much chapters have passed since the promise of the ballroom dancing. Is it actually 100 chapters? Regardless, how Miyuki anticlimactically told Kaguya he is not Mr. Perfect during the balloon arts practice and how Kaguya took it, kind of made the future Fujiwara trainings redundant. This ballroom dancing felt more like an obligation to fulfill since he promised it a long time ago, then actual organic development, which is shame. Somehow I can't think of that much stuff happening the past 60 chapters from the moment they have begun officially dating that really prevented this happening sooner.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-13, 03:54   Link #3385
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
I think the problem is more to how Fujiwara treated as this series goes.

At start, we were wondering how she is Kaguya best friend?
Curious because her friend kept thinking "You're as good as dead" whenever she approached Miyuki.
However it easily tolerated because comedy and fact its early part of story so maybe it will be explained later.

Then, she's relegated into Miyuki's ally who knew all his deep secrets of failure.
Meanwhile she is replaced by Hayasaka for every matters related to Kaguya under "idiot, low IQ" reason when asking Fujiwara for advice raised, this best friend status became very questionable. Is it real or one-sided from Fujiwara? IMO at this point it looks more sensible if Fujiwara is Miyuki childhood friend.

Now she's very detached from Student Council to the point she didn't know what's going on?
TBH IMO latest chapters didn't do good other than "author finally remember Fujiwara is also there". The spoiler only made me think Aka is thinking "Finally I can get rid of her ... until I need her again when I need to do comedy".

Did you miss the point of her backstory when she points out that she wants to play around all day without taking things seriously after being pressured to play piano competitively for so long?

Not being taken seriously is just karma biting her back.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-13, 04:48   Link #3386
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: South-east Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Did you miss the point of her backstory when she points out that she wants to play around all day without taking things seriously after being pressured to play piano competitively for so long?

Not being taken seriously is just karma biting her back.
If it happens before, maybe before the whole Ishigami Bowl, it makes sense.
Now? Its difficult to not see it as "Aka finally understand that its better to get rid of her because managing her screentime is difficult, lets add flashback so there's no regret about her possible future disappearance."

__________________
F/GO ID: 232846317

- Life is simple, that's why it became complicated. -
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-13, 13:52   Link #3387
Ichinotachi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Cali
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Honestly it doesn't seem as bad as you guys are claiming. She only told the people that she felt had knowledge and intelligence and wisdom to help her. Chika has been precious to her, but she was never any of those things, and so when Kaguya needed advice she's the last person she'd go to. The other council members figured it out because they're sharp and not so quick to simply buy a denial. Chika hears a flustered denial and believes it. But Kaguya did not tell Ishigami and Miko, they just figured it out. So while Chika wasn't the first person she told but she was the first SC member she told. And honestly I felt it was a pretty well-ordered scenario, starting with a deeper look into the pair's relationship, showing some comedic rejection and concluding with acceptance.
Fujiwara was always kinda oblivious about what was happening around her, the fact that now she understood those feelings and decided to stay with the people she loves despite feeling that way shows some degree of growth on her as a character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Also, considering how much people have complained that Chika's only there for comedy and that there's no dramatic development, it seems kind of funny that once confronted they say they never asked for drama.
Nailed it.
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-13, 16:15   Link #3388
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
If it happens before, maybe before the whole Ishigami Bowl, it makes sense.
Now? Its difficult to not see it as "Aka finally understand that its better to get rid of her because managing her screentime is difficult, lets add flashback so there's no regret about her possible future disappearance."

What kind of butthurt bias do you have that makes you think Fujiwara is going to disappear right after we had two chapters dedicated to her on top of her frequent appearances throughout the series?

How about you go back and take a closer look at how many chapters Fujiwara has appeared in compared to Hayasaka or Maki? Just because they weren't as serious as you want them to be doesn't mean they're invalid.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-13, 22:54   Link #3389
BWTraveller
Born to ship
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas
Really, it feels like this arc sort of demonstrated that "not dramatic" was kind of Chika's point. Looking back on her, along with being a ditz, she's always been very firmly set on having fun and enjoying her life, and that's what she's been doing. You could see her story up to now as her being the butt-monkey and this as Aka saying "screw you she's going to stay the butt-monkey forever", but really thinking back I think it's more that she was always innocent and fun-loving, if a little inept, and here Aka just wants us to understand that he meant her to be happy, that there was a reason he designed her as super-skilled but nowadays just "wasting time" with games. Seriously, this's always been who she is (there's plenty of stuff throughout showing her talent and her past excellence that contrasts drastically with her present nonsense), now he just shows that it's not about her being stupid but rather about her looking to have fun. Rather than "I'm keeping her a butt-monkey" perhaps this's meant to say she was never meant to be a butt-monkey and that not being serious doesn't mean he wasn't serious about her.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-13, 23:07   Link #3390
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: South-east Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
How about you go back and take a closer look at how many chapters Fujiwara has appeared in compared to Hayasaka or Maki? Just because they weren't as serious as you want them to be doesn't mean they're invalid.
It seems you didn't understand, what I asked is never something serious but proper build up spans across chapters so there's legit understanding of why she belongs there.

What Winged said is true, Ishigami and Iino started as cast with one specific role (one exist for his remarks and one exist for her misunderstanding) but they grew from that, even get a long dedicated arc about their past and how they view personal relationship to the point they're getting the whole, "I'm siding with Iino/Ishigami" from Miyuki and Kaguya respectively.

How Fujiwara not even able to have something like that in the past is jarring despite her being the initial member by introduction; you can remove her from story at this point and it won't make much difference. Feel free to argue that latest chapters done her justice, because what I saw is author finally goes "whatever, may visit you later if I remember" to her which I found disappointing as Fujiwara actually have good traits to be expanded upon such as food hunting, her relationship with her club members or her willingness to go through such length fixing Shirogane issues which speaks part of her personality.

Whether you into such thought or not, it doesn't matter, this is an opinion, after all. From a single person too, and its not by any capacity will be able to affect author. Don't worry, I too understand the concern about "how dare this person and that other guy ruin fun atmosphere of romantic comedy I read for years"
__________________
F/GO ID: 232846317

- Life is simple, that's why it became complicated. -
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-14, 07:53   Link #3391
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
While it's true that Ishigami and Miko evolved a lot, that doesn't mean Fujiwara has to as well. Being comic relief isn't a bad thing. The only thing I'd change is that I'd have her win more often like she used to, because lately she really is a buttmonkey.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-15, 04:01   Link #3392
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Earth 616
Lol! What a nice chapter until narrator ruin it
__________________
http://postimage.org/image/tp5dnhyx7/
Ruki0089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-15, 08:21   Link #3393
James Rye
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany
This was a fun and emotional chapter with Fujiwara reacting to prez "I see..." and their lessons and the flashbacks and the dance and her fully acknowledging him as being fully grown. The Fujimom/Prez getting taught chapters have always been my fav chapters in this series, mostly because the apparently super talented incredible intelligent Prez everyone admires is insanely bad at something to the point of stupidity and the easy-going fun-loving girl everyone doesn't hold that high in regards is the one who has the patience of a saint teaching him over and over again until he got it.

The ending though, lol, here I thought Fujiwara's depressing teacher moments were over but instead her worst trials were still ahead. What is she, his life coach? XDDD
__________________
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-15, 11:32   Link #3394
WingedAccelerator
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
The last great, (kind of) serious Fujiwara-Miyuki interaction was in Chapter 127, but this chapter managed to top that. Nice!

I'm curious about the actual date in the manga right now. The exchange event previously was at the end of June. How much liberty did Miyuki make with "it was around this time last year too"? If a volume = about a month now, they should be around the middle of May. We shall see.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-15, 17:56   Link #3395
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
The narration at the end of the chapter killed me. I really thought she could finally put those hellish yet fulfilling days behind her.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-15, 18:58   Link #3396
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
Fujiwara may think her child grew up, but a mother's work is never done.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-16, 06:58   Link #3397
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The narration at the end of the chapter killed me. I really thought she could finally put those hellish yet fulfilling days behind her.
Agreed. It even looked like the dancing training went mostly alright.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-16, 07:30   Link #3398
James Rye
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Agreed. It even looked like the dancing training went mostly alright.
Well, he already had some solo dance and music/rhymes/tact lessons. And we did hear that he did step on her feet a couple times anyway. Which is normal though for a couple dance beginner.
__________________
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-16, 22:45   Link #3399
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 29
I'm glad narrator didn't want to let training arc to die

that love triangle tease is kinda dangerous.. it is almost like Fujiwara realized her feelings but then quickly got twisted into motherly feeling
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-19, 07:38   Link #3400
WingedAccelerator
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Next chapter is mostly about Kaguya and the homeroom teacher introduced in Chapter 211, Oobayashi Hikaru having a talk. I think Kaguya misunderstands his intentions. At the end of the chapter, Oobayashi-sensei bumps into a cute, fellow teacher/assistant and blushes, scratches his head.

Last edited by WingedAccelerator; 2021-04-19 at 12:23.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
coming of age, desconstruction, love triangle, romcom, school life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.