AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-05-09, 09:42   Link #7141
Shippuu
Assistant Pig-Keeper
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Fate says Ialda may have always been broken. But also that she may be broken because of the Resonance. In that case the argument isn't really valid because the Resonance is an external factor and not inherent to immortality itself. Dana and Nikitis have never been shown as anything but happy even after thousands of years, but under the influence of the Resonance they might have turned out no different than Ialda.

Akamatsu doesn't seem interested in developing Ialda in any way but I think you're making a lot of assumptions. Maybe the Resonance was Ialda's own fault. Maybe it wasn't. It wouldn't make sense for her to choose it like Sayoko when she had the option of infinite energy through the White of Mars and Black of Venus but I don't expect any clarification from Akamatsu. But there is no reason to assume she could get rid of it whenever she wanted to and just chooses not to out of some ridiculous complex. If anything what little dialogue she had in Negima seems to indicate otherwise.

Immortality would probably be a disaster in real life but this is a fictional story. Dana and Nikitis have been around for tens of thousands of years and have never been portrayed as anything but happy. Likewise, the true Kosmo Entelekheia has never been presented as anything but flawless. We don't actually know if it truly is but unless the author says otherwise there is no reason to assume it couldn't magically keep people happy forever. Letting people chose to go to Kosmo Entelekheia would be an option, but considering we're likely talking about billions of people here I don't see how you could possibly accomplish this on any realistic scale.

And yes, you're not interacting with the people you knew in reality. But you won't know or care. I understand the argument but have never been entirely fond of it because it often sounds like you're guilt-tripping someone for your sake rather than theirs. It also doesn't take into account that plenty of people have no loved ones at all. That's another point that irks me about these stories. Too many people cannot imagine the suffering many others go through even at this very second and seem to assume most are like themselves and only have to worry about comparatively trivial stuff.

Negima did a decent job in the Chao arc. It failed to mention the fact that creating new timelines is basically a form of escapism in itself where you also abandon people that care about you and that rewriting the timeline is effectively mass murder on a universal scale (not to mention it may prevent many of those people from being born again due to changes in the timeline) but it was something. Maybe I'm the one at fault for expecting too much from a Shounen manga but I'm just not invested in a story and antagonist that feels like a shallow parody.

Last edited by Shippuu; 2021-05-09 at 09:52.
Shippuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-09, 11:10   Link #7142
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shippuu View Post
Immortality would probably be a disaster in real life but this is a fictional story. Dana and Nikitis have been around for tens of thousands of years and have never been portrayed as anything but happy.
And we just got a chapter where Karin was contemplating the hell of living eternally. I'm not so sure we could call Dana and Niktis happy either. They spend all their time living apart from human interaction unless the world is coming to an end, and Dana's comments about taking the time to contemplate killing yourself has the ring of something she herself has thought of frequently.

Quote:
Likewise, the true Kosmo Entelekheia has never been presented as anything but flawless. We don't actually know if it truly is but unless the author says otherwise there is no reason to assume it couldn't magically keep people happy forever.
The true Cosmo Entelecheia is more or less a metaphor for death. People go there and never come back.

Quote:
Letting people chose to go to Kosmo Entelekheia would be an option, but considering we're likely talking about billions of people here I don't see how you could possibly accomplish this on any realistic scale.
It's better to accomplish good on a small scale day to day than becoming a tyrant and forcing your idea of good on everyone in existence.

Take Nagi for example. He saved the world, but the most important work he did was the aid work he did after that.

Negi saved the world too, but the most important thing he accomplished was Project Blue Mars.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-09, 11:20   Link #7143
NapoleonDeCheese
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shippuu View Post
Maybe the Resonance was Ialda's own fault. Maybe it wasn't. It wouldn't make sense for her to choose it like Sayoko when she had the option of infinite energy through the White of Mars and Black of Venus but I don't expect any clarification from Akamatsu.

(...)

Immortality would probably be a disaster in real life but this is a fictional story. Dana and Nikitis have been around for tens of thousands of years and have never been portrayed as anything but happy. Likewise, the true Kosmo Entelekheia has never been presented as anything but flawless. We don't actually know if it truly is but unless the author says otherwise there is no reason to assume it couldn't magically keep people happy forever.
That sure is a fancy workaround way to just saying the series and setting are badly written and anything that happens is left conveniently vague to save the author hassles.

Quote:
And yes, you're not interacting with the people you knew in reality. But you won't know or care. I understand the argument but have never been entirely fond of it because it often sounds like you're guilt-tripping someone for your sake rather than theirs. It also doesn't take into account that plenty of people have no loved ones at all. That's another point that irks me about these stories. Too many people cannot imagine the suffering many others go through even at this very second and seem to assume most are like themselves and only have to worry about comparatively trivial stuff.
Sooooo... if I'm in a setting where Heaven exists for sure, will that make it okay going around killing good people who are suffering in life, just so they can go enjoy their eternal reward in Heaven already?
NapoleonDeCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-12, 19:16   Link #7144
Malicre
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassGSnewtype View Post
We're reaching the end folks, are you ready?
Who wants to bet with me that Eva will be killed off or disappeared in the final chapter so he can use her for negima 3 / uq holder 2?
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-13, 01:08   Link #7145
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Langran, La Gias
I wouldn't bet against it at this point
__________________
Explain it to my Bear Knuckles!!
BassGSnewtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-08, 10:48   Link #7146
Shippuu
Assistant Pig-Keeper
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Oh boy. 184 is the most explicit one yet. In fact I really don't think he can get anymore explicit without making actual porn. No, Akamatsu, that's not a challenge. And it doesn't help the participants look like they're in their early teens. It feels like this entire filler arc exists just so Akamatsu can have another "UQ Holder, assemble" moment for what is like the third time already while simultaneously making borderline hentai as a last hurrah before retiring. More off-screen battles (this one would have actually been pretty interesting) and Dana upholds her vow of non-interference by interfering yet again.

I feel nothing but disgust at this point. At least he finally ran out of girls until they save Yukihime and end the story on a massive orgy. After he redeems Ialda by fucking the despair out of her. Blegh.

Last edited by Shippuu; 2021-06-09 at 05:02.
Shippuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-08, 13:43   Link #7147
XFire
150% done
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
At this point I'm convinced Akamatsu just wants to end it and is deliberately trying to get it canceled
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-08, 14:12   Link #7148
Shippuu
Assistant Pig-Keeper
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
He doesn't need to. It's already confirmed to end in February 2022. He can do whatever he wants because he has nothing to lose.
Shippuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-08, 15:50   Link #7149
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
What was the point of making Kirie have a body of a 14-15 year old? Touta has a body of a 12 year old so it should be fine if Kirie’s body is still of a 12 year old. I guess Akamatsu does not want to draw Touta having sex with a girl with a loli body. I suppose this means Eva won’t be in her loli form when she has sex with Touta.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-08, 21:57   Link #7150
NapoleonDeCheese
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shippuu View Post
At least he finally ran out of girls.
What do you mean? He still has to have sex with Dana in her own H-chapter.
NapoleonDeCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-08, 22:01   Link #7151
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shippuu View Post
Oh boy. 185 is the most explicit one yet. In fact I really don't think he can get anymore explicit without making actual porn. No, Akamatsu, that's not a challenge. And it doesn't help the participants look like they're in their early teens. It feels like this entire filler arc exists just so Akamatsu can have another "UQ Holder, assemble" moment for what is like the third time already while simultaneously making borderline hentai as a last hurrah before retiring. More off-screen battles (this one would have actually been pretty interesting) and Dana upholds her vow of non-interference by interfering yet again.

I feel nothing but disgust at this point. At least he finally ran out of girls until they save Yukihime and end the story on a massive orgy. After he redeems Ialda by fucking the despair out of her. Blegh.
Considering all the stuff Akamatsu keeps going on about "political correctness" stifling mangakas, I wonder if this is his response.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-08, 23:47   Link #7152
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
It's really shame. Initially this was better then Negima.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-09, 03:56   Link #7153
Shippuu
Assistant Pig-Keeper
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It's really shame. Initially this was better then Negima.
I thought it was always mediocre at best but I will say that compared to what it is now, early UQ Holder was much better. Santa's arc in particular was the manga's peak as far as I'm concerned, and the last time UQ Holder had anything resembling heart.

It's not even about the Negima stuff or the switch to a monthly format either. It feels like pre-race UQ Holder was written by a different person.

Last edited by Shippuu; 2021-06-09 at 09:03.
Shippuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-09, 12:53   Link #7154
Twi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
It had potential when it was looking at the class disparity caused by the introduction of magic, and Santa's arc was a masterpiece, but after that chapter looking at the original timeline, it's just...

It fell off the wagon.
__________________
https://wandsandvials.wordpress.com/2017/12/27/an-alchemist-sets-out-1-01/
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-09, 23:42   Link #7155
SilverGlavenus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Somewhere in this Universe
Kinda bittersweet that Kirie is going to get old. Hoping that she will become immortal again.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-10, 01:50   Link #7156
RDNexus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portugal
Age: 33
Thought so as well... Quite unfair to her...
__________________
For those potentially interested, I've translated Chapter 01 of my original LN-style story, LEGACY SCIONS, from portuguese to english.

You can download it here. Feedback is welcome. I hope you like it.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.