AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-03-30, 04:09   Link #21
Lex79

And this week the author is preparing for the inevitable power creep by letting us know that we still haven't seen what Andie is truly capable of (this might sound as me complaining, but I'm actually not).
Old 2020-03-31, 05:22   Link #22
James Rye

Man, 3 doublespreads, dude is on a roll! <3
Makes sense that Andy has been many things in his past life like a general aka conqueror, given the flashbacks from the one-shots some assume that Andy actually changed our world's history by saving Lincoln from the assassination for example and some others got the theory that Andy was even the first human in this world and that's why the rules of the other negations don't apply to him, not apply in the way of "cannot die due them because he is basically god-made".
Old 2020-04-08, 07:37   Link #23
James Rye

12 chapters in and Andy got married! No, not to Izumo but to a Zombie Waifu, lol. Spoil's design looks pretty cool and I liked the doublespread page with the "bell to the face". Interesting how the Zombies protected Andy from the rubble so that he could take aim for his shoot. Seems spoiling doesn't equal controlling. Also interesting that there are kids hidden in a cellar who are unspoiled. Maybe an age or earth restriction to Spoil's power?
Also important to note that the UMA knew what Andy is, a negator, and that apparently he hates them which all UMAs seem to do yet as Clothy was also quite happy about the prospect of Andy dying yet he remains as his suit and that teleportation UMA clearly is also used by the Union to instant transport their members or take them home whenever needed.
Can't wait to see if Andy decides to kill Spoil and with that honor his promise to his newly-wed wife but lose the reward of if he captures Spoil in order to get a clue to Unrepair for his own real death happening.

It seems the first volume is selling well enough and considering it was never last in TOC and that its volume was pushed to release one month earlier I think Jump intends to keep UU around for a while. Which is good, outta all the newbies I like this series the most.^^
Old 2020-04-14, 17:29   Link #24
James Rye

A solid UU chapter yet again. I really enjoyed how Andy made use of the rotten Zombies to be bipedal bombs or Unluck magnets once they touched Izumo. And the teacher, damn! Like she was there for only two chapters and I don't even know her name but I already like her as a character. That she was able to retain her sanity as a Zombie, her wish to be a bride even when she was a walking corpse, her protecting the kids when she was still alive, that hug with Izumo and then that run to Spoil to get blown up to bits with Andy praising her as a woman he would have loved to marry! Like that's really a lot for one background character that is meant as a plot device.
The handling of her story reminds me a lot of Gina's character as in how quickly and easily you can get attached to characters in UU. Gina got a lot of fanarts despite her short appearance and I have a feeling Teacher/Zombie Waifu will get lots of fanart attention as well in the coming weeks/months.

What was really interesting was also the kids and their ability to up the timer with their dreams/Hopes for the future. Makes me wonder if spoil was really meant as "rot" or maybe as something else. After all spoil can have many meanings as you can spoil your children and turn them into needy brats or you can ruin somebody's day by spoiling the movie he wanted to watch next day. Maybe Spoil's real power is a bit different and less direct from what Shen told us that he/the Union expected his power to be. After all if his power is really to rot thing away when the timer hits 0 then the doesn't make sense that dreams would reverse that as dreams aren't biological and shouldn't turn a rotten apple back to a tasty looking one
Old 2020-04-26, 15:01   Link #25
James Rye

Jesus look at all those volumes in the cover (and how cute Izumo looks with long hair <3)! That must be the longest running romance manga series in the history of mangas! Really liked this chapter, am sure Michael Bay would have loved it as well, lol. XD

So the smoking towers on his shoulders had a purpose -to aid his transformation into the next stage. Looked very goopy, nice.
Also cool to see how Shen used his power to make Spoil move his arm when shooting his beam of decay. Same with Spoil's reaction to it, very interesting that he knows of Apocalypse and that three vessels being here means he, Spoil, is a quest for them or how he realized that Andy is a death negator, meaning Spoil knows how the rules of the world work, with UMAs and Negators and a book directing a war between those two factions with his quests, rewards and punishments.
Spoil's speech about how his power is "beauty", how people should be "grateful" for it, how "stagnant and ugly" the world was before his birth, how he brought "change" and "meaning" to existence, how he is a "necessary rule" only hated and branded "evil" by humans due their short lives. It was pretty cool to see a personification of a natural law, Spoil, to talk about himself and how he sees himself for the world they all live in.

Izumo went full shounen on Spoil's speech. "As long as I have a dream, my heart will never spoil away!". Normally I dislike such shounen tropes but here the trope was used to negate one of Spoil's rules, to turn back the timer of his power to decay because dreams are not organic matter, so he can't spoil that. Also interesting how the numbers changed, like Izumo got a 2 (days/hours?) for her dream of being a normal girl whereas Shen got for his declaration to be the greatest in all of creation got him a whooping 5. I wonder how that works, will power perhaps? Size of dreams?

Next chapter will be the end of the fight, I guess. And handle the matter of capture or killing Spoil. Would be interesting to see what would happen to the world if the Rule of Spoil dies.
Old 2020-04-27, 05:56   Link #26
LevelSeven

I really cant wait to learn more about how this rules and negation-things work, really sounds like the rules are integrated into reality as if it was there all along, and only the UMA is aware of that change.
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-27, 08:22   Link #27
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
I really cant wait to learn more about how this rules and negation-things work, really sounds like the rules are integrated into reality as if it was there all along, and only the UMA is aware of that change.
Yeah, the way Spoil talked about it felt like he was aware of his surroundings before his "birth" which sounds interesting. If so I bet the Union will fail the Quest list given before the deadline and the UMA Galaxy will be born and suddenly the empty nightsky will be full of stars! Gonna be interesting to see how people take that change.

Also the way Spoil was aware that he was a "Quest" and knew of the first Artifact Apocalypse and says he is meddling in his plans again as well as being shown to transform (first from a head to a huge angelface to a skinned gargoyle) could mean that UMAs are the extreme form of the rules they represent, meaning Spoil would love to spoil the whole world if not stopped by the Union Negators, whereas the Language UMA would love for more and more languages to be born, making it difficult for humans to communicate and cause strife. No wonder the elimination of that would "create" a one world language meaning every person on the world would suddenly speak the same language.
This UMA and negator as well as reward and punishment from Apocalypse is very interesting system. I can't wait to see the birth of the UMA Galaxy and that will look like!
Old 2020-04-27, 09:24   Link #28
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Gonna be interesting to see how people take that change.
From the UMAs words it seems like humans had the never-spoilery world but he appeared, and changed the laws as if they had always been there, like, the concept of spoiling didnt exist until he appeared, but for everyone else, its like spoiling was present since the beginning of time, at least that is how i understood it.
If this is true, than nobody will be confused about stars since for them, stars will have always been a part of reality.
Old 2020-05-11, 08:33   Link #29
James Rye

Seems like we will finally get to see Andy in all his glory - IN SPACE! Can't wait to see what kind of "Andy" Victor the Conqueror is. Also interesting that Andy can speak chinese. He looks european, speaks japanese, chinese, russian, he's really educated for an immortal.
Shen's Untruth is pretty cool and his condition to activate it explains why he was praising Andy and Fuuko so much during their battles, he has to be fond of them else his power won't work. Though it does make him sort of a sadist/psychopath given he is hurting people he like, so... On other notice, his staff is from that one legend, right? Guess that means we might have many more such Artifacts crafted after legends?
I liked Fuuko being the one with the outlandish ideas like Space, lol. It is a good idea though. Given what Andy said about Spoil's power (need of bacteria and water) Space is a good place to fight him. I also like how Spoil's power isn't "magical" but really just bacteria and moist working in tandem at top speed.
Man, next chapter can't come fast enough, I wanna see the Space battle.
Old 2020-05-12, 06:36   Link #30
LevelSeven

Does the artifacts existing mean the legends are real in this series? Are all this "indestructible" weapons from legends?

Even more stuff is revealed in this manga and im really enjoying it. Cant wait to see how it will turn out with the book and if the UMA galaxy will be created. I think that will be the confirmation for us readers that once a UMA/rule is added to the world, it will retroactively change the universe from the beginning of time itself, thats how stars will be added to the universe and it will be as if they had always existed.

That way the words of the spoilUMA also make sense, before he appeared, nothing went away and everything piled up. Now they dont anymore, but that was never the case in this series, which means we saw the world as it was with spoilUMA already added into reality.
Old 2020-05-14, 17:21   Link #31
James Rye

Maybe, it depends on who or what Unbreakable is. If he is a normal human in a samurai armor he might have created some artifacts based on legends as inspiration. But if he is like a real living unbreakable armor (like the kid seems to be a cyborg so why not?)then he could have existed for quite some time and be the actual reason those legends exists in the first place.

Yeah, UMA Galaxy will probably be the first UMA we see as "new addition" to their world. I am curious to see everyone react to that punishment as well as what an "Ungalaxy" power would look like of a negator, lol.

This week UU is getting a CP and some extra pages, hopefully not the last time that happened. CP looks good in my opinion:

Spoiler for UU CP:
Old 2020-05-17, 18:32   Link #32
James Rye

Damn, Spoil stood no chance vs Victor and his Saiyajin stand. And Victor is no joke, he also clubbed Shen like he is a schoolboy. Interesting side-lined world-building again when Victor asked for the weekday and Shen was like "What are you talking about?", so this means that last time Victor was awake the days had names now they are just numbers of a month they belong to and nobody but Victor remembers the weekday names. Makes me wonder what kind of UMA died for that concept to disappear.
Another thing was Victor saying he is Human, not Tors-not God, what does the Tors stand for? Thor? Feels like a bad translation to me.

Izumo's Shounen Talk was not enough for Andy to beat Victor so next week we get to see the whole Union ganging up on Victor, it certainly gonna be awesome for sure! Really like how Spoil was dealt with so quickly kinda like an after-thought and now the real deal is taking down Victor who is far more dangerous than Spoil. In any case this explains perfectly to the readers why Andy doesn't just take his card out to get stronger like in the One-shot and it show-cases all current Un-powers Union has at their disposal. Victor's "Ten" comment, meaning he counts Andy and Izumo belonging to the Union, also means that when he has encountered the Union the last time they had less than 10 members. Andy/Victor's past will make for some awesome flashback arc in the future if UU lives that long.
Old 2020-05-18, 01:11   Link #33
Lex79

Victor is even more of a beast that I was expecting, we are going to see an interesting battle next week. And the fact that he seems to be a completely different person makes me really curious about Andy's backstory.
Old 2020-05-18, 06:16   Link #34
LevelSeven

Andy goes SS4 and solos Spoil.

And what we get are some nice bits of worldbuilding. There are no days of the week, so that means the team managed to prevent that from being added into reality.

There is a really nice theory on 4chan: Andy is Adam, the first human, he exists since the beginning of everything, and he exists before the book started adding rules into reality, and he saw it happen multiple times, reality probably got reset and it began again, so this is probably why he said "half decent line-up".

Im with that theory because it makes a lot of sense.
Old 2020-05-24, 18:28   Link #35
James Rye

BOOBS SAVING THE WORLD (assuming Victor wants to destroy the world, lol) AGAIN!!!
Lol.
I like how we get to see the Union member fight without outright revealing what exactly their negation power is. With some you can guess with others it might just be tech for all we know. So last time Victor lost due Gina's Unchange power, seems he has fought Union far more often though. Makes me wonder how old Juiz is.
Love the blind man Billy jokes. "What?" XD
Here's to see how Fuuko's plan gonna work out next chapter.
Old 2020-05-25, 18:01   Link #36
LevelSeven

Man, Victor is some insane fighter, no wonder he is seen as such a powerhouse, he himself is basically a entire army.

Btw, the clones have a timelimit as well, they are limited to 30 seconds, they should be at least given how his left-over parts vanish after that time according to Andy, but maybe that powers up as well with him using his real form.

Anyway, i cant wait to find out what the others can do, its incredible to think so many unique powersets appear from "un-" powers, i really thought it would be a lot more limited.
Old 2020-05-31, 13:42   Link #37
Lex79

Looks like Fuuko managed to bring Andy back, but she had to pay a terrible price...after witnessing an unluck of such a level, she will be teased to death if she'll ever try to deny she is in love with him.
Old 2020-05-31, 15:51   Link #38
LevelSeven

At this point, if Fuuko has s*x with Andy, the world will be destroyed.
Old 2020-05-31, 19:11   Link #39
James Rye

Quote:
I think that is the Big Bang Theory. XD

Victor knowing about Burn and the reward for it and being pissed at the Union for protecting Fuuko instead of replacing her with someone better was interesting. Feels almost like he is on the Union's side but far more ruthless than them.

Loved Fuuko's "Fuck friendship, I got a gun!" and then pushing her thumb into the hole in the head. XDDD

The kiss was sorta sweet-lewd, like he kissed her while stretching her bra to the almost limit, lol.
Old 2020-06-01, 00:56   Link #40
Lex79

Quote:
I can see the author using that excuse to not have them cross the final line and keep Andy alive.