AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Old 2010-01-31, 06:27   Link #761
Bea Rabbit
Stained Member
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Oh hey, I remember in episode 3 when Izaya makes those bullies run away, he says "Here come the Kamaitachi." So I looked up Kamaitachi, and what do you know, it describes Izaya's powers:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamaitachi
OwO. its really IS Izaya's power! >////< thanks for sharing!

@stupiodget okay! its just a speculation! but since its have the same author, why cant we tell? XD owww.. I finally realize why I love Ryohgo Narita's work. It have many characters, many plots, but its connected!
Bea Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 06:35   Link #762
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Remember Harima (the girl that didn't show up in school, and the one who Anri mistook neck-injury-girl as)?

Yeah, my guess is that the ones who took Celty's head slapped it on Harima's body, and Harima's head is the one being kept in the tank.

Either that, or the scene in Ep03 where Anri mistook neck-injury-girl as Harima was a red herring, or meant something else altogether.
Old 2010-01-31, 06:39   Link #763
Bea Rabbit
Stained Member
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Remember Harima (the girl that didn't show up in school, and the one who Anri mistook neck-injury-girl as)?

Yeah, my guess is that the ones who took Celty's head slapped it on Harima's body, and Harima's head is the one being kept in the tank.

Either that, or the scene in Ep03 where Anri mistook neck-injury-girl as Harima was a red herring, or meant something else altogether.
I dont quite get it.
So the one in the tank is Harima, and the one on Harima, is Celty? confuse here
Old 2010-01-31, 07:26   Link #764
SMT
*Artist

Quote:

You're right. Maybe the different timelines(?) make it difficuilt to understand that.
Because Harima does have her head at some points in the current episodes and at some she shouldn't(where Anri mistook the "neck-injury-girl" with Harima for example)
Quite distracting, I think.
SMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 08:06   Link #765
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea Rabbit View Post
I dont quite get it.
My guess is that both the head on Harima right now and the one in the tank are Celty's. Just because we see the head in a tank in the opening doesn't mean it still has to be there at this point in the series.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 09:05   Link #766
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I would hope that Harima's head can be placed back on her body. It does make you wonder how Harima lost her head in the first place though.
Old 2010-01-31, 09:29   Link #767
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Not enough info on Harima's case at the moment, though it's not too far fetched that she was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. I wonder how Anri would react to all this though...
Quote:
I dont quite get it.
Yeah, like KOapps said. And what Kanon_ said might also be true, though neck-injury-girl and head-in-the-tank have different [apparent] hair colors.
Old 2010-01-31, 09:38   Link #768
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Not enough info on Harima's case at the moment, though it's not too far fetched that she was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. I wonder how Anri would react to all this though...

Yeah, like KOapps said. And what Kanon_ said might also be true, though neck-injury-girl and head-in-the-tank have different [apparent] hair colors.
Wouldn't that depend on the solution, lighting and if her hair is dyed after attachement? She obviously not being kept in pure water.

The "head" having a mind of its own could have wanted a change of appearance to match the "new" body.
Old 2010-01-31, 10:24   Link #769
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Color gangs vs. DOLLARS vs. Celty+Shizuo vs. Seiji+Mikado+Kida with Izaya screwing everyone in the background and Simon running around stopping fights.
XD I like this idea so much right now. If there is a showdown it probably won't happen like that but who knows? well, the novel readers do....
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 15:14   Link #770
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I have a feeling Celty is more of a neutral party in alot of this. I dont see her taking down anyone really since her only goal is to find her head but the speculation versus is funny to read.

I think figuring out who the Dollars are is gonna be like figuring out who the Immortals were in Baccano Some were obvious, some werent.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 18:25   Link #771
Angelic
Feel the Beat

okay having just watched the first ep, from somebody who has kept watching

level of romance = ?
Angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 18:34   Link #772
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicxx View Post
okay having just watched the first ep, from somebody who has kept watching

level of romance = ?
There aren't enough source from the anime to determine that yet, but there maybe possibly probably likely some from what was shown in the OP and episode 3 and 4.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 19:24   Link #773
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

The story is also billed as a "twisted love story" and we've seen a few couples who might fit the bill there. But it's unlikely to become the main plot line, probably just a side one to distract us.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 22:41   Link #774
Project_MkUltra

My guess is that:

1. Mika Harima (The one who doesn't have the name in the beginning of the OP that Seiji was looking for back in ep 3 and found her in the end of the episode), well her head could possibly be Selty's. I mean just look at her scar in the neck, it's obvious... or it could be the creator is just trying to mess with us.

In MAL's character profiles when I looked at Mika's, it had a spoiler tag and in top of that it said "Major spoilers, read at your own risk". Doesn't that seem a bit suspicious to anyone?

Discuss.

Also, please answer this anybody because this has been bothering me for a while. This is going back to episode 3.

2. Why did Anri run away in embarrassment when she saw Mika? Isn't Mika's last name Harima? Then Anri said "Sorry, wrong person!" How can that be the wrong person? Didn't she scream out "HARIMA!" in the beginning? That's something that really confused me and is bothering me. Does Mika have amnesia? I need an episode focusing on Mika and Anri's relationship.

Last edited by Project_MkUltra; 2010-01-31 at 23:07.
Project_MkUltra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 23:05   Link #775
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_MkUltra View Post
My guess is that: (Possible Ep 4 spoiler,)

Spoiler:

Discuss.

Also, please answer this anybody because this has been bothering me for a while. This is going back to episode 3.

Spoiler:
You don't have to hide these in spoilers, since it's speculations and on episodes that have already aired and subbed. I'm just going to answer the 2nd part.

I think Anri run away in embarrassment because she saw the back of that girl who was walking around, so she mistaken-ed that person to be her friend. I think it's just a simple case of recognizing the wrong person from the back.

We know nothing about Mika except those ganguro who said Mika used to defend Anri against bullies.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 01:10   Link #776
iamTN

Some speculations and things I feel the need to point out...

- Kida is completely scared of Izaya, that should mean that he knows exactly what Izaya is capable of. Likely firsthand or closely related.
- I'm confused about Anri. Not sure what she's doing. A quiet character, yet she is reaching out to "Harima"/neck-scar girl, and Seiji/class-skipping guy. So not exactly a shy character, but seems to like to give Mikado the cold shoulder. I'm interested to find out what her aims are and her character development.
- Dollars gang, clearly one of the main groups in the series, but still rather unknown. With the mention of people pretending to be Dollar members, is their current reputation due to posers or real members? And with Dollars being the main gang, I'm assuming their focus isn't simple like hang out and act tough. So I'm interested in what is the point of the gang.
- Izaya mentioned that he was in Ikebukuro to see someone, and already did. So who is he referring to, and the second question of why? I assume someone like Izaya wouldn't be going out of his way to just see someone without a good reason.
- Also I'm a bit confused about why Kida was so surprised when Mikado and Anri ran away. What did Kida expect Mikado to do?

Can't wait to see how this entire series go.
iamTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 03:27   Link #777
Moci
just an ordinary alien...

Send a message via MSN to Moci
Spoiler for ep 4 (yeah, i'm late with this : ) ):
Old 2010-02-01, 06:33   Link #778
Bea Rabbit
Stained Member
*Graphic Designer

*snip*

I always scared of looking those spoilers.

btw, for Harima speculation, I kinda agree, her neck is like being stitched. Its kinda creepy thought.

@IamTN I think Izaya is looking for more information of people. Like after he met Mikado, he skipping because got his information. my question : did Izaya met Mikado for a reason? I mean, he do really want to met him. Sorry for my english. DX

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2010-02-01 at 17:29. Reason: please dont quote spoilers
Old 2010-02-01, 06:51   Link #779
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
my question : did Izaya met Mikado for a reason? I mean, he do really want to met him. Sorry for my english. DX
If you really want to know...did you read the spoilers you quoted? I clicked on them by mistake and saw the first one, which thankfully I'd already been spoiled about elsewhere, and apparently, that's your answer.

Personally, I think I'd rather not spoil myself for this series. I kicked myself when I read that spoiler elsewhere, and resolved never to click on another spoiler ever again.

Now, I feel like we really need a novel thread so that people can discuss the spoilers if they want to...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 06:56   Link #780
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Now, I feel like we really need a novel thread so that people can discuss the spoilers if they want to...
Nothing is stopping someone from making one. Would be great actually, because it's quite dangerous seeing spoiler tags around here.

Tags
action, light novel adaptation, shounen