AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-20, 07:57   Link #641
Theorder14

Seems the grandpa recognized Nirvashu. maybe he's Renton?
Theorder14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 07:59   Link #642
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theorder14 View Post
I'm pretty sure what he recognized was the Nirvash which Eureka piloted 10 years ago.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 08:11   Link #643
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not much to say that hasn't already been said. I can only praise this series so far. The plot is very well-written and directed, the characters feel natural (I can't get enough of Ao and Naru's interaction), the music is great, and the choreography as well as the animation of the fights are fantastic. I hadn't seen such orgasmic mecha action in a while.

I'm really liking Ao as a main character so far. Neither too whiny/indecisive nor too bold/reckless, he hits just the right note. I appreciate that the change of his hair color is an important plot point and not just something thrown in for the cool factor. The look on his face when he realized his hair is now turquoise and remembered what Eureka had to go through because of it was terrific.

Great stuff all around so far.
Old 2012-04-20, 08:19   Link #644
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

It actually pains my heart to think that Eureka might have gone through further pain after everything that had happened to her, whether this is the same Eureka from the original or a different one. I just can't help but feel depressed to think she was hated and had to endure to protect her son
Old 2012-04-20, 08:24   Link #645
ookamigirl

So Ao got his chance with the FP.
That mecha was pretty cool looking.
I liked the transformations, but being thrown in battle without any exp totally sucked for him and it really showed.
It was pure luck he beat that thing.
Great episode!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 08:35   Link #646
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Ao doesn't need experience at this point. He only needs to hear what the Nirvash has to say and he'll be fine
Old 2012-04-20, 09:07   Link #647
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
you've got to be kidding me
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 09:17   Link #648
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Ao is treated here as a gaijin by Okinawans, His real last name Thruston doesn't remotely Okinawan or Japanese.

Anybody thinking Fleur Blanc may be an older Maeter? (Short blond hair on both)
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 09:53   Link #649
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Actually, Ao took on his adoptive gramp's last name, Fukai. And the islander's certainly thinks he's one of them (at least his non-green haired self), as evidenced by the smuggler thinking him as one of the islanders, and Naru's parents condemning his mother as an outsider but stayed quiet when gramps brought him up. But who knows if it will stay the same once they see his green hair.

What I'm more surprised about is the Okinawa vs the rest of Japan. Why the heck would Okinawa want to be independent from the Japanese? Seems to be a great deal of animosity, considering (native tongue speakers feel free to correct) that they call them just 'nippon' instead of 'nipponjin'. Probably the most interesting plot point for now (at least for me), as I don't particularly much care about GenBlue or Scub Corals right at this moment.

But as others have said, OP is great and mecha fight was intense. Probably only thing not mentioned is Naru knowing where Ao might be hiding and knowing exactly what to say to him to make him feel better (only to be treated to a 'date' with Nirvash), but that's my job isn't it? XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 09:53   Link #650
Arya

Just passing by, the episode was great, I'll write more this night. I have only a question about Ao. I mean, how could he know how to pilot the IFO? Is it the I in IFO, or is really the Nirvash helping Eureka's child?

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 10:58   Link #651
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Just passing by, the episode was great, I'll write more this night. I have only a question about Ao. I mean, how could he know how to pilot the IFO? Is it the I in IFO, or is really the Nirvash helping Eureka's child?
As said in another series: "move these handles, and it goes!" That's a bit of suspension of disbelief that goes with most mecha series.
Old 2012-04-20, 11:02   Link #652
Blaat

The main character's girl appearing on his helmet visor during the opening looks familiar. I'm thinking it's Gundam related (V Gundam maybe?)
Anyway second episode was fantastic; magnificent animation, great voice acting and the soundtrack is superb, although besides the opening (and unlike many here), I still don't feel like I'm watching an Eureka 7 series. It feels more like I'm watching a mecha series which has a crossover with Eureka 7 (so something like SRW )
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
What I'm more surprised about is the Okinawa vs the rest of Japan. Why the heck would Okinawa want to be independent from the Japanese?
Okinawa was only integrated into Japan in 1879 before that it was a semi-indepedent kingdom called Ryukyu kingdom.
Old 2012-04-20, 11:05   Link #653
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Ao is treated here as a gaijin by Okinawans, His real last name Thruston doesn't remotely Okinawan or Japanese.

Anybody thinking Fleur Blanc may be an older Maeter? (Short blond hair on both)
She should be in her late 20s by now, lol
Old 2012-04-20, 12:04   Link #654
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Quote:
He was flying the car fair enoguh, I assume he just winged it from that.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 12:07   Link #655
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Which is kinda surprising for me. Most countries don't let you even have your starter license by 16, much less a flying car by 13 or so (seems right to be Ao's age). But I guess it must be in the genes.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 12:41   Link #656
JPZ
Ninjin loves you, yeah!

I have loved everything about the first two episodes, great start!

I remember watching the first run of E7 week to week and i could never get enough of it, feels about the same now.
Old 2012-04-20, 12:41   Link #657
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
1. This is the norm in mecha, isn't it? The inexperienced teen is always somehow magically able to pilot the great machine.

2. But in this case, Nirvash recognizes Ao by smell or blood or something, and thinks he is Eureka, and helps him.

3. As for Okinawan independence, the movement continues. Okinawa is a long way from Japan: it's slightly closer to Taiwan than to the main part of Japan, in fact.

4. I thought the episode was great, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 12:53   Link #658
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
What I'm more surprised about is the Okinawa vs the rest of Japan. Why the heck would Okinawa want to be independent from the Japanese? Seems to be a great deal of animosity, considering (native tongue speakers feel free to correct) that they call them just 'nippon' instead of 'nipponjin'. Probably the most interesting plot point for now (at least for me), as I don't particularly much care about GenBlue or Scub Corals right at this moment.
If you follow current events even a little, you know that there's bad blood between Okinawa and mainland Japan and always has been. Many OKinawans consider themselves to have been forcefully colonized, and in the past there have been specific efforts by the Japanese authorities to wipe out native Okinawan culture and language. There's also bad feeling because Okinawans feel as if Japan has given vast swathes of the area to the American military and not done enough to help the locals get it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan-san View Post
He was flying the car fair enoguh, I assume he just winged it from that.
He actually said himself the controls were roughly the same as his old beater FP, so he winged it from there (literally).
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 13:11   Link #659
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
1. This is the norm in mecha, isn't it? The inexperienced teen is always somehow magically able to pilot the great machine.

2. But in this case, Nirvash recognizes Ao by smell or blood or something, and thinks he is Eureka, and helps him.

3. As for Okinawan independence, the movement continues. Okinawa is a long way from Japan: it's slightly closer to Taiwan than to the main part of Japan, in fact.

4. I thought the episode was great, too.
2. More likely by the key he has -
Old 2012-04-20, 14:14   Link #660
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
2. More likely (Nirvash recognizes Ao as Eureka) by the key he has -
Good point. Would the key/bracelet have glowed for just anyone, though? Did it need a specific person to activate it?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen