AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-02, 13:57   Link #381
Yin

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
Spoiler for episode 11:
That was probably the first time I've seen someone shoot a computer in an anime which didn't explode. There's some realitypoints. ^_~

Overall great series in my opinion. A bit on the short side perhaps, but I actually think it suited the anime. If it'd been longer I might have gotten a bit bored. :]

And just my two cents about the Bleach/Naruto-death-thing... From what I've heard, nobody dies in Bleach. In Naruto, at least Zabuza and Haku dies. And Zabuza was my favorite character too. So tragic... ;_;
Old 2006-07-02, 22:20   Link #382
andromeda0201

hmm, why are there loads of negative comments?
I just did a marathon on this show and thought it rather good, well of course its not a masterpiece but it surpasses a lot of 12 or 13 episode shows out there that are basically a waste of time. So naming this show 'rubbish' is not doing it justice at all, any longer than this and it will surely get boring
Old 2006-07-03, 01:16   Link #383
BrokenWingz

Well personally, the first 5 eps or so( before the 4year skip) i could understand everything completely. After that..the pacing was very quick.

Though, the animation remained very good constant.

Spoiler for ep 11:
Old 2006-07-03, 07:18   Link #384
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

BONES has been known to be consistent with their animation. But I still haven't seen the final episode. I wonder why ... hmm ...
Old 2006-07-05, 10:20   Link #385
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I liked the final episode simply because it was uncompromising. Like others, however, I share the same sentiment that it would have been better to have 24 to 26 episodes. Anyway, here's the best part of the final episode:

Old 2006-07-08, 23:26   Link #386
juventas

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-08, 23:53   Link #387
neoko

Ah fuck, another series destroyed.

These guys should stop hiring monkeys already.
Old 2006-07-09, 00:08   Link #388
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

You want to see a show made by monkeys? Try Zaizen Jotaro or Gundoh Musashi. This has still been a show made by humans, albeit ones possessing lesser-than-normal intelligence levels.
Old 2006-07-09, 03:27   Link #389
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoko
Ah fuck, another series destroyed.

These guys should stop hiring monkeys already.
It's not the animators' fault the original manga ending was rushed with tons of people dead in the end, so don't blame them.
Old 2006-07-09, 07:56   Link #390
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

... but it wasn't BONES's fault. The animation was not horrible and was flowing for the most part, if not for the entire series. The monkeys may be the ones who were willing to sacrifice Ju Oh Sei for their greater cause™, which was Honey and Clover II. I don't think of them as monkeys anymore (in fact, I see them more as geniuses right now), because H&C II seems nothing short of amazing, so I don't mind if they did sacrifice JOS.
Old 2006-07-09, 09:03   Link #391
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
I was sure at the ending of Jyu Oh Sei when a man picked up the girl and named it Tiz was Thor. But suddenly my friend was sure it was Third in the past. I think I'm right (the eyecolors) but can someone confirm this? If I'm right, why does Thor looks so much like Third?
Old 2006-07-09, 10:16   Link #392
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

His skin has modified to fit his surroundings - it is his genes' will to be alive. Since Chimera is a sunny place, his integuments probably produced more melanocytes to suit the climate of Chimera; it was only a side effect that he looked like Third, but maybe this is also a plot device to condone Chen and Thor having sex. Since Thor looks so much like Third, Chen wouldn't hesitate.
Old 2006-07-09, 10:20   Link #393
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friera
I was sure at the ending of Jyu Oh Sei when a man picked up the girl and named it Tiz was Thor. But suddenly my friend was sure it was Third in the past. I think I'm right (the eyecolors) but can someone confirm this? If I'm right, why does Thor looks so much like Third?
He is Thor. 100%.
Old 2006-07-09, 10:27   Link #394
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

You saw Third kill himself, right?
Old 2006-07-10, 03:43   Link #395
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
You saw Third kill himself, right?

Yeah, ofcourse. But it was my friend who said it was in the past when Third find Tiz or something. (But it's not realistic anyway, since Third wasn't so at that time on the planet.
Old 2006-07-10, 03:48   Link #396
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I personally think it was some plot device to condone Chimera's repopulation - Chen loves Third. Thor looks like Third. Chen is fooled that Thor is third. They have sex. :| (I know there are holes somewhere, but ... meh.)
Old 2006-07-10, 04:11   Link #397
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friera
Just listen to the guy's voice -- it's definately Thor.

Though that's an interesting theory. It would've been neat if it was a flashback (I wish they'd showed us more flashbacks through the series), but it's definately Thor.
Old 2006-07-10, 06:36   Link #398
a-chan
*ZZZzzzzzz*

>>Friera: it's definitively Thor!! Remember, Thor has the hability to change his own appearance to adapt to his environment... In Chimera, all people look like late-Third so Thor's body adapt himself to Chimera (now's Thor is living here for ever) and took this final appareance ^^

And it's the same ending as the paper manga version...so Third died and Thor lived like this!
Old 2006-07-12, 20:48   Link #399
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

I may just be me, but this is one anime I thought should of gone on longer.

Perhaps the typical 26 eps would of fit better for me, as I just want more of this, and the end was so rushed.... meh, guess I didn't want it end
Old 2006-07-12, 22:10   Link #400
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

No, it's just not you. Everyone thinks it should have been longer, but I guess they had to sacrifice something for Honey and Clover II. It's too bad that that sacrifice fell on Ju Oh Sei. "_"
Closed Thread

Tags
noitamina