AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2006-01-29, 17:53   Link #201
OrO
Vega

Send a message via ICQ to OrO Send a message via AIM to OrO Send a message via MSN to OrO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rue
I agree whole-heartedly with you, as I thought the movie was absolutely outstanding. The movie never left me uninterested or bored. I loved how it ended also, except for the fact that Winry was excluded. But I think Winry being excluded meant that Al would do anything just to get back with his brother, even somewhat abandon one of their most dear childhood friends. That makes the whole brotherly love/bond seem so much stronger in my eyes. As Al gave up his entire world just to go and grow up with his only brother, Ed. Maybe you guys forgot why the two main characters are Ed and Al. Winry had always been a side character, even though I really liked her.

This movie also gave me fantastic closure on the series, making me want to watch the entire thing over again, ending it off with the movie. In my mind, this was one of the BEST ways to ever end a series.
I also agree.

A lot of people, here, said it suxx only because Winry was excluded, ok it's bad for her but it won't make the movie that bad.
OrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 23:03   Link #202
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Im sorry to say this also, but i even thought that the movie was bad. Reasons winry was excluded, so was hawkeye, and i would have loved to see more of roy mustang.

Also the movie lacked in action, and also when the action came up it was bad, cause the bad guy died so easily.

The ending to the movie could have been better, i would have preffered ed going back to his hometown instead of staying in Munich when he has no one there anymore.

Last but not least, Ed's father come on, this guy came out of no where and left the world out of no where.

All in all i would have wanted this movie to be a little longer maybe, that would give them time with the characters. If i were to rate this movie i would give it 6/10 just being nice since i enjoyed watching the tv series, but really i did not find the tv series that amazing like other people do.

This is off topic but if i were to rate the tv series i would rate it 8/10
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 10:25   Link #203
Forever
Revealing the truth

Just watched it. The ending sux. For that alone, i give a 3/10 unless they come up with a second movie to correct their ending. POOR POOR WINRY!!!!!!! There can only be one ending I accept! Winry X ed!
Old 2006-01-30, 11:51   Link #204
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

They did write it so a sequel is expected and if they don't plan more than one i guess a "happy ending" in the next one must involve Winry yes.
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 17:34   Link #205
XYKE
Super-Middle weight!

oh please let there be a sequel as I did enjoy the movie but also was NOT satisfied with how the movie ended.

winry and ed belong together and I would like to see ALOT more of roy mustang if there will be a sequel as he's too damn cool ;o
XYKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 19:49   Link #206
Eeknay
Gendo died for your sins.
*Fansubber

I just got home to find my copy of the Limited Edition boxset... it is very sexy. The packaging is just awesome, probably the best I own out of any DVD (including Hollywood etc etc). And while I can't understand the guide book, the illustrations are very good.
Eeknay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 20:17   Link #207
iceyfw

i just skimmed through the pages and a lot of people said it sucked. well for me it was very good. and most anime sequels turn out to be very bad.

Spoiler:
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 23:19   Link #208
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Some people cant appreciate a good movie when they see one. Thats what happens to anime series like FMA. Some of the fans get so attached to a character they forget its the characters that need to make sacrifices to make a good story.

Very well put together for a movie after a series.

I can equate it to the level of Evangelion in flair.
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 20:44   Link #209
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

1 word.

Sucked.

Could of been so much better, endign would of been better if they just killed everyone.
Old 2006-02-11, 12:14   Link #210
MasafumiGotoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums
1 word.

Sucked.

Could of been so much better, endign would of been better if they just killed everyone.
Didn't you see enough dying in the series? Scar, Hughes all the people being transmutated to the Philosophers stone?

The movie was great, better than I thought it would be. Answered some questions left some hanging. Although the ending was a bit harsh(I thought Al leaving was a dick move to Winry). Its number 2 on my list. Number 1 being FF7: AC.
MasafumiGotoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 13:21   Link #211
knoskoloz

Send a message via ICQ to knoskoloz
The movie is quite good. One of the best things I've seen lately.
Spoiler:
knoskoloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 20:28   Link #212
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

The movie was great in my opinion, I fully enjoyed it.

Spoiler:

Animation, music, pacing, plot, story, action all were very well put together to make a great movie. Although, it will depend on your taste whether or not you'll fully enjoy it or are disappointed by it.

Last edited by Aidan; 2006-02-11 at 20:40.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 01:10   Link #213
ImperialPanda

It's a good movie.

Touchy setting.

The "message" presented ever-so-slightly too explicitly.

Animation is excellent. Especially refreshing since it's non-CG.

Managed to incorporate a fair number of rules established in the series; well thought out; connected well with the series.

Excellent ending. Well, well I guess anime could be a little grown-up from time to time.

Last edited by ImperialPanda; 2006-02-14 at 01:35.
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 19:57   Link #214
providence
!!!

Wow, winry got teh shaft. That totally ruined the movie, what a pathetic excuse of an ending. I wish this movie was never made. It did not have the same magic as the tv series and did not really add anything except developing the 'other' world which isn't very interesting anyways. Totally pointless movie, highly recommended to fans of the series so you will feel the way I do now. FMA has dropped BIGTIME in my books. Here's hoping for a more satisfying sequel....
providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 15:30   Link #215
Spaceghost

I thought it was great, seeing all the old characters made me feel all warm and fuzzy and although Winry got left behind she looked happy, she knows that finally the brothers are back together so she is ok with that.

It was a good ending and I do hope there is another film but they somehow get back to their world.

Like it or not because there are two world there are going to be characters left behind but thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Saying that, I was never a huge fan of Winry, too whiny for my liking, seems to get in the way most of the time.

Last edited by Spaceghost; 2006-02-18 at 16:24.
Spaceghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 23:55   Link #216
fu5ed

finised watching it 2nd time ... dvd quality , since i watched it few months back then with cam quality which is very very bad .
1 question 4 everyone watched the movie .. do you guyz think there will be 2nd FMA movie or series ? since it end with conversation about uranium bomb that related to the opening which is from shambala ?
fu5ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 00:19   Link #217
MasafumiGotoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fu5ed
finised watching it 2nd time ... dvd quality , since i watched it few months back then with cam quality which is very very bad .
1 question 4 everyone watched the movie .. do you guyz think there will be 2nd FMA movie or series ? since it end with conversation about uranium bomb that related to the opening which is from shambala ?
I feel they will have a 2nd series to FMA. They do have lots of unanswered questions and Ed and Al's objective is to close the gate and destroy that uranium bomb.

Last edited by MasafumiGotoh; 2006-02-19 at 00:49.
MasafumiGotoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 00:34   Link #218
fu5ed

that was what iam thinking , i wanna see the adventure of Ed and Ai(not in armor) lol , btw i prefer the

spoiler
sorry iam newbie , dont know how to use the spoiler tag

and i think AI look cool when he has long hair .. unlike him with short hair in the ending part spoiler2

if there going to be 2nd series or movie , I think somehow it wont be named FMA , since they cant use Alchemist in the other world
fu5ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 23:34   Link #219
Zleach

Hey everyone

just wanted to tell you all that Fullmetal Alchemist Movie is now licensed

reported by www.animenewsnetwork.com
Zleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 20:54   Link #220
hand of time

Smile FMA movie

sup

im new but have any of u seen the FMA movie?And if so is it awsome?
hand of time is offline   Reply With Quote