AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-07, 21:51   Link #1841
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It's Ok. I can see why that screenshot would cause you doubts.

For what it's worth, that does look pretty good.
That Picture does look quite nice. But if I may be so bold as to point out, it may just be a promo picture and we may not have a scene in the Anime where the girls typically relax and hang out. When the Ah My Goddess TV anime was airing there were a whole bunch of preview pics in magazines with settings that never took place in the actual show. Same with the Rosario + Vampire Anime (for both seasons).
Old 2014-06-08, 02:05   Link #1842
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
That Picture does look quite nice. But if I may be so bold as to point out, it may just be a promo picture and we may not have a scene in the Anime where the girls typically relax and hang out. When the Ah My Goddess TV anime was airing there were a whole bunch of preview pics in magazines with settings that never took place in the actual show. Same with the Rosario + Vampire Anime (for both seasons).
They can't skip the "we are still trying and struggling to be normal girls" aspect. What are you expecting them to do for 26 episodes? It's going to cover the Dark Kingdom Arc, without such scenes there will be no friendship, connection between them, and no depth to the characters. In the manga there are not a lot of scenes of their normal life (but they are not entirely missing), because Naoko Takeuchi didn't have time. They pressed her moving the main plot, because the anime starts a month after the manga and on a weekly basis, while the manga was serialized monthly. This is part of the problem why the old series is so different from the manga and why there is not enough character development in the manga. Yes, this is a poster, but there will be many such scenes - in the old anime, the life action and the manga there were such moments, although the manga was rushed due to the fact that the animation stuff needed an overall plot.

Last edited by minaku; 2014-06-08 at 02:16.
Old 2014-06-08, 03:44   Link #1843
T-6000

I always thought that the 26 episodes would cover the first 2 arcs of the manga, but I guess they could also just stick with the first arc and put in some filler episodes that help develop the sailor soldier's personalities.

Something I have been wondering ever since the new Sailor Moon was announced. I wonder if they'll be also redoing the Movies? Well, at the least the Snow Queen story (which the S Movie was based off of), if they'll save that for a "Made-for-TV special" of some kind or if they'll make it into a theatrical release? I'm guessing that it'll be more of a special than an actual animated movie with a theatrical release (like the original Sailor Moon movies).

Last edited by T-6000; 2014-06-08 at 04:11.
Old 2014-06-08, 04:11   Link #1844
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wasn't the orignial version of the first arc something like 49 episodes long? Admittedly with a lot of filler bits (monster of the week plus engery collection/crystal searching) that covered each of the Generals while slowly introducing the girls.
Old 2014-06-08, 04:13   Link #1845
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Somebody fixed everything I find wrong with the chara design.

It only takes a few small changes to make Usagi look human instead of an alien.
Per chance, you haven't found such pics of the other senshi? It'd be interesting to see all of them tweeked like this.
Old 2014-06-08, 04:20   Link #1846
minaku
Princess of Hades

qqqq
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
I always thought that the 26 episodes would cover the first 2 arcs of the manga, but I guess they could also just stick with the first arc and put in some filler episodes that help develop the sailor soldier's personalities.

Something I have been wondering ever since the new Sailor Moon was announced. I wonder if they'll be also redoing the Movies? Well, at the least the Snow Queen story (which the S Movie was based off of), if they'll save that for a "Made-for-TV special" of some kind or if they'll make it into a theatrical release? I'm guessing that it'll be more of a special than an actual animated movie with a theatrical release (like the original Sailor Moon movies).
They are adapting the manga now and the only movie that is based on the manga is Sailor Moon S The Movie. As you mentioned. It's based on an extra chapter called "The Lover of Princess Kaguya". If it performs well, they could make the other seasons and even movies - it depends. As far as I know they are adapting the Dark Kingdom Arc in these 26 episodes, and it's better that way. I love the manga, but it so rushed, it would be strange for it to have the same pacing.

And about the poster:

A japanese acquaintance of my told that in the magazine, that published it there is some explanations. The strange pose of Usagi here is well intended, as she is actually trying to steal Rei's cake ( Usagi's plate is already empty), while the former is taken away by the conversation. Ami sees it and is shocked by the mischievous ways of Usagi. I am sure they are in the Fruits Parlor Crown, so it's not a random setting. So cute.

Last edited by minaku; 2014-06-08 at 07:03.
Old 2014-06-08, 07:40   Link #1847
Miraluka
Banned

And I guess Minako and Makoto noticed while the former tells the latter with a wink.
Old 2014-06-08, 07:43   Link #1848
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaku View Post
qqqq
The strange pose of Usagi here is well intended, as she is actually trying to steal Rei's cake ( Usagi's plate is already empty), while the former is taken away by the conversation. Ami sees it and is shocked by the mischievous ways of Usagi. I am sure they are in the Fruits Parlor Crown, so it's not a random setting. So cute.
Yup, sounds like the Usagi we all know and love alright!
Old 2014-06-08, 12:33   Link #1849
minaku
Princess of Hades

And a scetch of Mamoru, it's rough, small and in black and white, it's a photo taken by phone, but still Mamoru

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by minaku; 2014-06-08 at 15:15. Reason: fixed link
Old 2014-06-08, 19:52   Link #1850
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Just saw the preview...

Oh my. This could end very poorly.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2014-06-09, 03:29   Link #1851
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Its sad that out of all of the anime till now Mamoru is the only one looking somewhat okay.
Old 2014-06-09, 09:20   Link #1852
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
Its sad that out of all of the anime till now Mamoru is the only one looking somewhat okay.
Actually I don't like him much, I was hyped when I saw him but when I look at him now... He looks more like doctor Tomoe. Of course, it's just a sketch. By the way the first episode's title is the same as the first chapter in the manga "Usagi - Sailor Moon".

There is even a short and very strange synopsis, something like "As an ally of justice Sailor V is trying to solve a robbery at the grand opening of jewelry shop, while Usagi decides to visit Naru-chan's on they way back home ..." It makes me thing that the first episode will start with a scene of Sailor V catching the robberies (hope it's cool action scene) - the event, described in the newspaper Mama Ikuko is reading in the first chapter of the manga. I think it would be a nice start seeing Sailor V as she started it all ( and because she is the best, obviously) Please if I got lost in translation and someone is got at Japanese - correct me. Still a newbie with my Japanese studies

Last edited by minaku; 2014-06-09 at 10:03.
Old 2014-06-09, 10:00   Link #1853
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Mamoru looks alright, but he doesn't resemble Mamoru at all. Maybe it's because it's a small sketch.
Old 2014-06-09, 10:24   Link #1854
DMurphy

Oh god.

I hadn't realised just how bad the character designs were until I saw that tweaked picture. Oh god.

It's like Cthulhu with Usagi's head attached.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
Old 2014-06-09, 10:56   Link #1855
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Just saw the preview...

Oh my. This could end very poorly.
Will you guys quit judging a 26 ep series based on ONE freaking 30 sec preview!?
Old 2014-06-09, 11:00   Link #1856
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Will you guys quit judging a 26 ep series based on ONE freaking 30 sec preview!?
For once we are sharing an opinion :P
Old 2014-06-09, 11:46   Link #1857
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by minaku View Post
For once we are sharing an opinion :P
Nay, we also share the opinion that Sailor Moon is awesome and so is Minako.

And Tux isn't my fave either...BUT WHEN ARINA TANEMURA DRAWS HIM...

holy epic shit...
Old 2014-06-09, 12:03   Link #1858
Pablete
Banned

Hey, maybe he is just wearing sunglasses!
Old 2014-06-09, 12:13   Link #1859
minaku
Princess of Hades

qq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post
Hey, maybe he is just wearing sunglasses!
Mamoru actually wears glasses in the manga sometimes, while he is reading and at school. He is a bookish type of guy and he wants to be a doctor, just like Ami. Actually Ami wears glasses too from time to time. In the life action Ami intially wears glasses, but not because she needs them, but as a shield towards the world. She is shy, she feels she doesn't belong, till she befriends Usagi and the others. Later on she is still insecure, she is affraid she will lose her friends and she is very sensitive. When she becomes more aware of herself and gathers confidence she stops wearing them, it's a nice touch. Hope we can see Ami in similar way in this new anime, could make her even more interesting character.
Old 2014-06-09, 12:22   Link #1860
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Well in fairness, shouldn't the 30-second teaser demonstrate the show at its best? As in, wouldn't it make sense for the footage shown in that teaser to be some of the higher quality content in the show? So if people don't like how the preview looks, that could very well be a bad sign.

Tags
remake, shoujo