AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2018-11-16, 14:11   Link #7821
Golden Lily

Wow they're...pretty late. I mean it sounds good, very good even, but why they're starting this project just now?
Golden Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-17, 18:15   Link #7822
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Yes this is indeed "worthy" of being called an English dub and the quality of it is at least above 95% of all the other English dubs I have seen up until now, however my stance doesn't really change because of that.

Is English my mother tongue? No.
Is this an English work? No.
Does the context perhaps justify the work to be in English (e.g. how Metal Gear is a Japanese work, but the characters are American)? No, because it takes place in Japan, which is a very important plot point.

If I was born in a primarily English country or if the dub was in the same quality but in German instead (even more of a rarity than a good English dub), I might have reconsidered though. I'd probably still go with Japanese dub though.

Well, as long as the Japanese dub can still be selected, and for the new extra material as well, then there's no problem.
What this is going to be is a free update to the Steam release, similar to the patch that provides the voices, sprites, and CGs from the PS3 version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Lily View Post
Wow they're...pretty late. I mean it sounds good, very good even, but why they're starting this project just now?
From what I could gather in the Reddit Q&A, this has been in the works for two years now, and the one(s) in charge only half-jokingly asked permission to go through with it.

On that note, the video preview is actually a sample of a free audiobook called "Voices of Rokkenjima" that will be produced alongside the English dub for the VN. Like the remakes, only the dialogue will be voiced in the games, not the narration or internal monologues.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-29, 19:16   Link #7823
The Creator
Golden Emperor

Hey Klashikari, since you seem to be doing the translation for Ciconia no naku koro ni are you going to be doing EP9 translation as well?

That would rock man.
The Creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-29, 22:32   Link #7824
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Trailer for "EP9" or more precisely "When They Cry 4+":

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2020-07-06, 11:19   Link #7825
jochen1

hi, I just saw that umineko is on steam. Is the translation any good?
jochen1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation