AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > No Game No Life

Notices

View Poll Results: No Game No Life - Episode 12 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 65 53.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 31.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 12.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.83%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.65%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-25, 12:25   Link #21
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Awesome episode, awesome series. This absolutely needs another (10) season(s)!

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2014-06-25, 12:29   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This series won't win any awards, but damn if it wasn't one of the most entertaining and fun shows I've seen in years. It desperately needs a second season.
Old 2014-06-25, 12:39   Link #23
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Can only echo what has already been said: second season, when?

Not just is this the only LN adaption I've liked since..uh, Baccano in 2007, I loved it. Absolutely loved it.
Of course the show isn't perfect, nothing ever is, but it's one of the most fun and entertaining shows I've watched- not just that, I got the impression that the team was having a blast working on this project too.
Now to hope for a second season announcement soon.
Old 2014-06-25, 12:44   Link #24
ranchan13

I can't wait to see the reaction of Imanity in season 2, after having their race piece gambled in a win that at least doubled the size of the empire AND made the Warbeasts their subjects.

That coin toss though! We're going to bet your entire empire on a single toss of a coin.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2014-06-25, 12:52   Link #25
Shadow5YA

Am I the only one that was bothered by Miko's "monocle"? It looked more like she was wearing half a pair of glasses instead
Old 2014-06-25, 12:54   Link #26
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Use the weakest link as your key to winning the match, genius.

Also, /sadface that it's all over
Old 2014-06-25, 13:02   Link #27
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Am I the only one that was bothered by Miko's "monocle"? It looked more like she was wearing half a pair of glasses instead
Yes, you are the only one. I for one love that monocle. Gives her the supremely sophisticated feel.
Old 2014-06-25, 13:04   Link #28
GDB

Anyone else think when Sora and Shiro said "One more thing" that they were going to chase Miko and try to rub her tails?
Old 2014-06-25, 13:24   Link #29
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Anyone else think when Sora and Shiro said "One more thing" that they were going to chase Miko and try to rub her tails?
not sure if i can say it here but since it was left out of ep12 i guess its ok, they do try and touch her tail but she refused so they went into town and patted town girls tails lol
Old 2014-06-25, 13:47   Link #30
Ickarium

Really great series. There were a few minor issues, but they were just that - and didn't negate the towering awesome. And now they're going on to challenge the /Old Deus/. We know you aim big, but damn.

Really want a second season.
Old 2014-06-25, 14:00   Link #31
The Green One

Wow that ending was out of left field there. Interesting anime original twist. Still I think this show was popular enough that we're probably going to see a second season next year.
Old 2014-06-25, 14:13   Link #32
ChampDream
Alive

That was a nice ending, I really want more, I want that second season right now.
Old 2014-06-25, 14:25   Link #33
Rogue66

This series was brilliant, it was fun and quiet entertain. Animation was well done and leaving it on that ending hope it mean a season 2, I'll wait and see if not, just read the light novel. In all 10/10 for this series.
Old 2014-06-25, 14:36   Link #34
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I had to watch that 2 times just to understand everything, although they did stretch things a lot this last episode.

What I really liked about this series is that it is one of those that didn't leave any plot threads hanging, and this one has one of the most coherent stories ever adapted and made into an anime. Nothing makes me rage more, and ruins my immersion, than a story poorly made or poorly adapted from the source material where questions aren't answered.

sure, some series leave cliffhangers for a season 2 or the continuation of the story in the source material, but that doesn't bother me quite as much as stories that raise plot points that don't get resolved, I mean, why point out or ask something then not answer or ignore it? what's the point? brynhildr is the worst offender for me in this aspect this season.

as for the episode itself, the fact that [] knew where izuna where would be standing at a particular time, even if they specifically lured her to that particular location, and then calculating the route an NPC would take that would also take that NPC right behind izuna where she couldn't detect her, all the while while carrying steph around, who can't see where she is shooting and while she is having her love power drained by being near an NPC... etc etc etc ALL had too many unpredictable variables that would have made it IMPOSSIBLE for [] to know PRECISELY where, how and when steph should shoot, while blind, that would defeat izuna.

although at least, thankfully, they answered what sora told steph before the game.

another impossible occurrence was the coin toss. how did sora know that that particular stone moved in such a way as to create a hole that would make the coin toss game go either way? how was it even possible for him to precisely make the coin fall in that crevice? even if I have spent a hundred years just flipping coins under those same conditions I wouldn't have able to make that same scenario come up.

I did know that the game would end in a draw though, the choices they made would have been more beneficial for both if they both won.

overall, I haven't felt that much excitement and thrill over a series like what this one gave me in years. I found myself blurting out what izuna last said in the previous episode they will be very stupid if they're not making another season of this

TL;DR

JIBRIL BEST GIRL 10/10 WOULD WATCH AGAIN
Old 2014-06-25, 14:36   Link #35
Iron Maw
Banned

Eh, the Eastern Federation suddenly moving all their tech, people and resources off their huge patch of land on the main continent reeks of convenience. Especially with nobody in Elka noticing, but I'll let that side given how much I've enjoyed this series and it's not the first time this convoluted has happened.

Seriously NGNL has been highly entertaining from start to finish.

I can't say that I found any individual aspects of this show outstanding. The writing is decent, but nothing to write home about, there is barely any character growth and Sora's plans can be borderline contrived. Yet on there hand, the plot flows well so there is never a dull moment, the characters are very likable, lividly and well characterized, and the overall story is quite easy to understand and isn't trying too hard be faux deep. It expertly pools together all of it's positive aspects and balances out it's negatives to craft one of most well put together and executed adaptions I've in some time, rivaling Wit Studio's work Shingeki no Kyojin. I don't know if the author was involved or not, but staff clearly understood the material and how to bring out it's best qualities.

While NGNL isn't best show ever it's definitely an exemplary work the shows how an adaptation should be done on a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
After all that teasing of Steph's uselessness, she was the reason they won the match. Perfect way to redeem one's self..
Steph is still useless I'm afraid. Everything she did can pretty much be attributed to Sora. Hell Steph didn't even know what she was even doing and had a pledge control most of her actions. She didn't come to her own to show her worth, but instead her butt monkey status was further empathized, just as it's been in most of the arcs. This probably isn't going to change in foreseeable (if not ever).

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-06-25 at 14:52.
Old 2014-06-25, 14:56   Link #36
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Eh, the Eastern Federation suddenly moving all their tech, people and resources off their huge patch of land on the main continent reeks of convenience. Especially with nobody in Elka noticing, but I'll let that side given how much I've enjoyed this series and it's not the first time this convoluted has happened.
It wasn't sudden though. That was the reason they purposely postponed and took a while to decide the date for the match. Remember the end of episode 8, Sora complaining that the EF were taking a long time to send them a message with the date?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2014-06-25, 15:01   Link #37
magisbladius

Thank goodness they weren't challenged to a certain "touch the fluffy tail" game, or we would've all been doomed.
Old 2014-06-25, 15:02   Link #38
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Looks like anime original ending lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
They didn't move all their people, just the important ones that could give Elchea acess to their technology.
Other than that what Xaxual said.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2014-06-25, 15:09   Link #39
takai
Easy Muffin

What a fantastic ending to an absolutely fantastic show. Brilliant main character, very interesting plot, the music and visuals were outstanding. This show was a masterpiece. I was anticipating this show to be great at the beginning of the season, but I did not know it would be this good.

Sora was such a brilliant character. He was never given anything, he thought it through with his intelligence and wits, which is what made him such a strong character. Character interactions were always funny and clever. Every episode always left you with a big smile on your face.

A second season is needed immediately. This show was a damn masterpiece, 10/10.
Old 2014-06-25, 15:14   Link #40
HandofFate

As with most final arcs of LN adaptation I wonder how much was cut.

Decent conclusion though.

Anyway, so what does it mean that the warbeasts self-rule but are still under control of the Elkia Kingdom? What actual power does the Elkia have over the warbeasts if the warbeasts are still just governing everything themselves.