AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2007-09-05, 12:09   Link #41
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by edogawaconan View Post
even if you can it doesn't mean you should. what's the harm following specs anyway

(blame vsfilter? )

just for fun: {\fax1.5}
As far as I know there is no fansubbing consortium, at least not one that could enforce their own guidelines. This is a lawless land--we can choose to follow someone's standards or completely ignore them.

And talk about irony, if we were to say VSFilter is a strict implementation of the Advanced SubStation (up to V4+) specs (which isn't, btw), \fax \fay would fall into the hacks category. So developers can choose to ignore the specs and users shouldn't? GTFO, if I find VSFilter's bugs useful why shouldn't I use them, or anything else for that matter? Because the holy scripture says no?
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 13:54   Link #42
jfs
Aegisub dev

So because VSFilter doesn't know about "profiles" or whatever you'd call it and accepts anything anywhere, does it also mean that putting eg. {\move()} in an SRT file is acceptable because VSFilter supports it?

(Also what is the reason at all to create SSAv4 files today? Yes I know some people still prefer SSA4 for timing, but importing the file into any modern application converts everything to ASS.)

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 14:44   Link #43
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
As far as I know there is no fansubbing consortium, at least not one that could enforce their own guidelines. This is a lawless land--we can choose to follow someone's standards or completely ignore them.

And talk about irony, if we were to say VSFilter is a strict implementation of the Advanced SubStation (up to V4+) specs (which isn't, btw), \fax \fay would fall into the hacks category. So developers can choose to ignore the specs and users shouldn't? GTFO, if I find VSFilter's bugs useful why shouldn't I use them, or anything else for that matter? Because the holy scripture says no?

Theres no such thing as a bug or glitch, it's called a feature. Most all the really cool original kara fx made in textsub were done using "features" ^_^.

More power to ya. BTW V4+ styles are a hack as well. The maker of SSA had nothing to do with that. I know since I have a copy of ssa 5beta lol. He was going in a diff direction with ssa than the AF ppl took it with textsub.
getfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 17:29   Link #44
Seko
Huuu?

Hi!
I was wondering, is there any way to put an outer glow around text? Like a glowing border.
Seko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 05:59   Link #45
OpeTh
Fansub PowA

Hi everybody, I have a trouble with aegisub_r1515 : I can't open a video.
Every time an error occurs :

It says :
The instruction at "0x5f096e18" has the memory adress "0x00000564". The memory can't be read.
Click on OK to quit the program.

In the crashlog.txt file, there is :
Code:
Begining stack dump:
000 - 0x690D661C: atiPPHSN on :0
End of stack dump.
Is anyone has already had this kind of crash ?
Can someone help me ?
OpeTh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 06:05   Link #46
jfs
Aegisub dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seko View Post
Hi!
I was wondering, is there any way to put an outer glow around text? Like a glowing border.
Use layered borders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpeTh View Post
Hi everybody, I have a trouble with aegisub_r1515 : I can't open a video.
Every time an error occurs :

It says :
The instruction at "0x5f096e18" has the memory adress "0x00000564". The memory can't be read.
Click on OK to quit the program.

In the crashlog.txt file, there is :
Code:
Begining stack dump:
000 - 0x690D661C: atiPPHSN on :0
End of stack dump.
Is anyone has already had this kind of crash ?
Can someone help me ?
Looks like yet another weird ATI-problem. For some reason Aegisub's OpenGL code isn't completely reliable on ATI graphics cards. Last time someone had a problem like that, changing round the graphics settings in various ways helped, even though his final settings were identical (I think) to the original ones.

Old 2007-09-10, 10:54   Link #47
Jimmy C

I have 2 issues with Aegisub.
First, with some h264 videos, sometimes the video plays faster than the audio. It also isn't synced when seeking. I gather this is a problem with variable frame rate?
Second, it can play some videos with ac3 audio, but not others. Can anyone tell me what kind of ac3 files it has trouble with? Failing that, can anyone recommend me a coverter for changing ac3 into mp3 or something? Preferably drag-and-drop type.
I'm using ffdshow for ac3 and h264 codecs. And Aegisub 1.1. I plan on getting the newest beta soon. But what I've seen on Aegisub's forum hints that these two issues may not be going away in them.
Any help would be most appriciated.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 16:34   Link #48
jfs
Aegisub dev

I assume you mean 1.10 when you say 1.1 (and not 1.01 which is from 2005.)
If your video is supposed to be VFR and you aren't loading timecodes, the video and audio will probably not sync. That's just a fact.
On 1.10 and earlier, unless you're using H.264 in AVI (which you should never, ever be doing) it must be in some other container, which can only be accessed through DirectShowSource which can't provide reliable seeking, that might also be a cause of the problems. Aegisub 2 pre-release versions support more different video providers and the Avisynth video provider supports loading video through more different plugins.
Alternatively, with 1.10 you can create an AVS script that loads your video with eg. FFmpegSource (or whatever else works for you) and open that AVS script in Aegisub, that should provide as reliable seeking as the source filter you use.

For audio, DirectShowSource is always used. This plain means that you must have a working DirectShow based splitter and decoder for the audio file installed. Often, the splitter problem can be solved by muxing the audio into an MKA (Matroska Audio, exactly the same as MKV just only containing audio) container, that'll almost always work assuming you have a Matroska splitter installed.

Old 2007-09-10, 17:50   Link #49
Skyward
Oblivious
*Fansubber

Loading the video through DirectShowSource shouldn't cause any more desynchronization than you would experience from seeking in your media player of choice. It should only be a couple frames off unless the source you're working with is screwy. If memory serves, h.264 in avi would cause about the same amount of desync as loading through DirectShowSource. It might be a bit more though since its such an oddball format.
Skyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 00:01   Link #50
Jimmy C

I think I know the cause of part of the desynch problem. The videos are 29.97 fps instead of 23.98. Aegisub doesn't realise it's playing the video faster than it should be. Any recommendations? Do the newer versions deal with this? Edit: Got the latest beta version. Still the same problem. Also, I may need to learn how to get it to load different audio formats properly. It's not loading vorbis and aac is slowed. Assistance please?
Solved the audio problem. Turned out to be a directory name issue.

Last edited by Jimmy C; 2007-09-11 at 01:22.
Old 2007-09-11, 00:24   Link #51
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seko View Post
Hi!
Layers would be the best way. not sure is this app has a function for it but heres the code. I just used a random pos for the example. I didn't test it so anyone tell me if theres an issue.

{\pos(300,300)\3c&H000000&\1a&HFFFFFF&\3a&H00&\bor d0.5\shad0}hi
{\alpha&HFF&\pos(300,300)\3c&HFFFFFF&\3a&HD0&\bord 0.75\shad0}hi
{\alpha&HFF&\pos(300,300)\3c&HFFFFFF&\3a&HD0&\bord 1.25\shad0}hi
{\alpha&HFF&\pos(300,300)\3c&HFFFFFF&\3a&HD0&\bord 2.25\shad0}hi
{\alpha&HFF&\pos(300,300)\3c&HFFFFFF&\3a&HD0&\bord 3.5\shad0}hi
{\alpha&HFF&\pos(300,300)\3c&HFFFFFF&\3a&HD0&\bord 4.75\shad0}hi

Heres a nice glow fade in

{\pos(300,300)\3c&H000000&\1a&HFFFFFF&\3a&H00&\bor d0.5\shad0\fad(500,0)}hi
{\alpha&HFF&\pos(300,300)\3c&HFFFFFF&\3a&HB0&\bord 0.75\shad0\fad(500,0)}hi
{\alpha&HFF&\pos(300,300)\3c&HFFFFFF&\3a&HB0&\bord 1.25\shad0\fad(400,0)}hi
{\alpha&HFF&\pos(300,300)\3c&HFFFFFF&\3a&HB0&\bord 2.25\shad0\fad(300,0)}hi
{\alpha&HFF&\pos(300,300)\3c&HFFFFFF&\3a&HB0&\bord 3.5\shad0\fad(200,0)}hi
{\alpha&HFF&\pos(300,300)\3c&HFFFFFF&\3a&HB0&\bord 4.75\shad0\fad(100,0)}hi

Heres hoping I didn't screw up lol...
Old 2007-09-11, 05:10   Link #52
OpeTh
Fansub PowA

I think there is no problem with your code getfresh

PS: I tested it and it seems to be alright.
OpeTh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 05:28   Link #53
jfs
Aegisub dev

If the video framerate is wrong you have a few options:
1. Remux the video to a new container, setting the correct framerate there.
2. Create a "dummy" VFR override file that just sets the framerate, and use that.
3. Create an AVS script that loads the video and does an AssumeFPS on it, and load the video with that AVS in Aegisub.
While option 3 is perhaps the easiest and fastest, it also has the problem that you can't load keyframe information directly from the video file. Option 2 is probably the most flexible one, and option 1 is the surefire way, although it takes some processing time and extra disk space.

Old 2007-09-11, 07:18   Link #54
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpeTh View Post
I think there is no problem with your code getfresh

PS: I tested it and it seems to be alright.
lol, cool. I was kinda drunk last night when I wrote it so I wasn't totally sure it worked. And I really didn't feel like making a full script just to check it.

Drunk blind coding ftw?! ... Na prob ftl, lol.
Old 2007-09-11, 10:43   Link #55
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs
If the video framerate is wrong you have a few options
I'm sure the framerate is correct. Does Aegisub have any issues dealing with 29.97 fps properly?
Old 2007-09-11, 12:53   Link #56
jfs
Aegisub dev

No, Aegisub should be able to handle any (reasonable) framerate, with the limitation that everything is handled as floating point numbers, so framerates that should technically be rational numbers (such as 29.97 really being 30000/1001) will introduce a small and pretty much unnoticable drift. (Unnoticable as in, you will need several hours of video before you can notice it at all.)

Now you say that you are sure the framerate is correct, yet you also said earlier that Aegisub is playing it too fast. That should never happen unless the framerate really is wrong.

What do you mean by "not loading vorbis"? Does it matter what container the Vorbis audio is in? Have you tried both Ogg Vorbis and Matroska Vorbis? If you get an error, what is it?
And what do you mean by "aac is slowed"?

Old 2007-09-11, 13:40   Link #57
Jimmy C

my mkvs with vorbis audio are mute. acc playback sounds like it is in slow mo.
Old 2007-09-22, 03:10   Link #58
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
I have some problem with my Aegisub. I use both 1.10 and the latest release, but both will crash if I load an external MP3. If I use "Load Audio from Video" it works fine.
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 03:56   Link #59
Karia_Chan

I want to use "recombine" option but it says:Unable to recombine:Second line is not a suffix of first line.. I'm not even sure it's the option I wanted.I want to make the second line to appear beside the first line because there's not much time between them.What should I do ??
Karia_Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 06:43   Link #60
jfs
Aegisub dev

linkstreet: You need to provide more information, can't help you with just that. For r1515 or newer, go Start->Run and type "%appdata%\aegisub\crashlog.txt" and post the contents of that file here.

Karia_Chan: Use the Join (Concatenate) option. You can also just let the timings of the two lines overlap, the renderer will then push the second line out of the way so it won't overlap the first one on screen.

Tags
aegisub, help thread