AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Old 2010-05-10, 18:00   Link #21
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The most logical conclusion to this is that Yuri was still boiling down after what happened before she died.
Being all alone for years most likely jaded her before dying, then hanging around with "comrades" warmed her up.

The evident part is that her resentment is vastly toned down, like in the novel, she is quite angry like half of the time when a touchy subject is brought to the table. The fact she wasn't really fancying random stuff in the novel indicates clearly she was quite obsessed in finding a lead and beating "something to pulp".

I wouldn't be surprised if her development in the novel will lead by the end of it, her current state of mind in the anime. (Fun fact is that, if the whole "Tenshi is human" popped right in the novel, she would definitely go panzer, unlike in her anime period).
I completely agree with you there. Now only if the other chapters get translated.
Old 2010-05-31, 01:46   Link #22
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Heh, missing several Japanese scans, no?
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 04:46   Link #23
Larvayne

Disclaimer: This is briefly summarised/translated from hades9053's Chinese translations. I don't promise these accurately summarise the chapter, but they will give an idea of what happens.

Any indented paragraphs are directly translated; some of the lines, especially Hinata and Yuri conversations, were too good to pass up.

Spoiler for Chapter 5 Summary:

Last edited by Larvayne; 2010-06-16 at 02:14.
Larvayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 06:43   Link #24
Wigwams

ahh... thanks, thanks... so its only shiina... and i was already thinking this "final boss" is the enemy in the anime right now.
Old 2010-06-15, 12:13   Link #25
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
ahh... thanks, thanks... so its only shiina... and i was already thinking this "final boss" is the enemy in the anime right now.
Same here so does this mean Shiina is stronger than Noda since he was all beat up?
Old 2010-06-15, 13:18   Link #26
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I still can't believe this Hinata is the same as the one in the anime D:
Old 2010-06-15, 14:03   Link #27
Knightrunner

I guess Yurippe windmill will ultimately save Hinata from getting killed by Shiina once they engage in battle. So i guess Yurippe is the one who created some of the windmill toys like the cute puppies Shiina usually look at.
Old 2010-06-15, 22:55   Link #28
mayumi

IMO the novel is just too good. The difference in hinata's and yuri's character is too much. The hinataxyuri pairing would have definetely had the strongest fan base if they continued developing it like this in the anime. I just can't see why they made it out so different. People hardly even think that this bond exists. It's kinda sad.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 02:10   Link #29
Knightrunner

I wish the bond is stronger, but they decided Hinata will go with Yui. I guess both Hinata and Yurippe mellowed down, but the latest episode (episode 11) kind of should their bond just kind of rushed.
Old 2010-06-16, 02:18   Link #30
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I still think because they tried so hard for AB to be a dramatic series, i means Hinata don't need to confess and Yui don't need to disappear D:
Old 2010-06-16, 02:27   Link #31
Knightrunner

lol if only they would have focus on the Hinata and Yuri relationship or past. In AB they don't have to be a couple but at least show they have some kind of special bond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larvayne View Post
Disclaimer: This is briefly summarised/translated from hades9053's Chinese translations. I don't promise these accurately summarise the chapter, but they will give an idea of what happens.

Any indented paragraphs are directly translated; some of the lines, especially Hinata and Yuri conversations, were too good to pass up.

Spoiler for Chapter 5 Summary:
Your one of my heros for posting this.
Old 2010-06-16, 02:37   Link #32
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Seriously, if they animated the Yuri and Hinata in the novel, then their current interaction (in anime timeline) it will look like they broke up D:

Hinata supported to look out for Yuri, and stay right next to her during any crucial moment.... That's how i thought Hinata should be like

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-06-16 at 04:43.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 03:44   Link #33
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It's not like they broke up. It's more of a "Hinata gets dumped by Yuri in a crucial moment full of sincere emotions".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 04:44   Link #34
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
It's not like they broke up. It's more of a "Hinata gets dumped by Yuri in a crucial moment full of sincere emotions".
This

Old 2010-06-16, 13:27   Link #35
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Chapter 5 and 6 are translated now (links in the first page).
Spoiler for 5 & 6:
Old 2010-06-16, 13:39   Link #36
Larvayne

Oh, awesome. No more of my crappy Chinese translations/summaries! Can't wait for Chapter 7 and the special extra chapter. I definitely misunderstood some of what happened even if I dislike a couple of lines that they translated (thought it does flow better, the way they did it) :|a
Larvayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 19:09   Link #37
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larvayne View Post
Oh, awesome. No more of my crappy Chinese translations/summaries! Can't wait for Chapter 7 and the special extra chapter. I definitely misunderstood some of what happened even if I dislike a couple of lines that they translated (thought it does flow better, the way they did it) :|a
I like some of your translations too These chapters are definately a huge plus. Now I know Yurippe have some knowledge of creating objects and the real final boss is still out there.

There was even a really touching moment for both Yurippe and Hinata in those chapters escpecially chapter 6.
Old 2010-06-16, 22:29   Link #38
mayumi

why isn't the anime like this
chapter 6 was really good and touching. i think i will just become satisfied with the novels.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 09:54   Link #39
TadloS

Yeah, I also thought that chapter 6 was really touching.

So one last chapter left and extra chapter left... ;_;
TadloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 11:44   Link #40
Lukix
. . .

Is there still a possibillity for HinataxYuri?

Tags
seinen