AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 40 40.40%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 40.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.12%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.01%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-05, 06:09   Link #81
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, I thought she played an important role in Mai's case. Almost made me think that she was a main character.
Old 2006-11-05, 06:26   Link #82
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

No, she's a side character. The main five girls are Ayu, Nayuki, Shiori, Makoto and Mai.
Old 2006-11-05, 06:34   Link #83
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
No, she's a side character. The main five girls are Ayu, Nayuki, Shiori, Makoto and Mai.
Reallyyyy? Didn't even cross my mind!

Old 2006-11-05, 07:03   Link #84
M L Monster
三尉

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Reallyyyy? Didn't even cross my mind!

She was the only sub heroine with an ending in the game
Old 2006-11-05, 07:24   Link #85
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
I would have guessed as much, judging from from the OP, at least. But I'm pretty reassured to know that she's at least an important sub-character enough to get an ending in the game.
Old 2006-11-05, 07:46   Link #86
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M L Monster View Post
She was the only sub heroine with an ending in the game
Ah... Didn't know that... No wonder she seemed so important.

My previous message was sarcastic btw
Old 2006-11-05, 09:02   Link #87
Skane
Anime Snark

I would be pleased as punch if they decide to animate Sayuri's side-story as well.

Cheers.
Old 2006-11-05, 10:15   Link #88
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Maybe as an OVA. I want to see the end of this on TV.
Old 2006-11-05, 10:43   Link #89
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
if the writers are smart the should do a little spin off with Sayuri
*milk**milk* but if its funny im happy with it

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-05, 10:46   Link #90
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I would be pleased as punch if they decide to animate Sayuri's side-story as well.
Hmm, i could see it at least getting a lil' bit of attention.. but there's no way they'll go all out with her. ;_;
Old 2006-11-05, 11:00   Link #91
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Ahaha.... Sayuri is too cute...her smile has got to be one of the cutest. I wish my sempais were 1/100th as cute as her. Neway, Sayuri inspite being a sub-heroine...she is a very important part of the Mai Arc.

Does neone know...why those three snow balls were shown. Is it of ne importance. I have seen the 2002 version...so feel free to spoil me if its a spoiler
Old 2006-11-05, 11:14   Link #92
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Hahaha,I love Yuuichi's sense of humor in this episode.

It was also interesting to see Little Ayu waiting in the same train station where Nayuki picked up Yuuichi.

And it's cool that Mai already sensed something about Makoto.I want to see more Makoto!
Old 2006-11-05, 11:31   Link #93
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Hmm, i could see it at least getting a lil' bit of attention.. but there's no way they'll go all out with her. ;_;
So her game path wasn't enough for an OVA? Oh well. I wouldn't mind if they milk the franchise with an OVA or 2 as long as Kyo-Ani does it. I hope this comes to R1.
Old 2006-11-05, 12:25   Link #94
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Since KyoAni is going for an inter-weave approach, I think it is possible that they will include Sayuri's story and link it together with Mai's to form a coherent story, thus developing the background/characters of the two girls together.

Of course, I will be more than happy if they are going to do a Mahou Shoujo Sayuri spin off.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
...why those three snow balls were shown. Is it of ne importance. I have seen the 2002 version...so feel free to spoil me if its a spoiler
Same here, I am also wondering if there is any signifiance in those three snow balls.
Old 2006-11-05, 13:14   Link #95
New/Old
Old to the New

Mahou Shoujo Sayurin!? Now that would be an interesting to see animated. Enjoyed the games very much, although I understood only a portion of it.
Old 2006-11-05, 13:44   Link #96
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
what a great episode I love Mai everything she does cracks me up. My favorite scene had to be when Yuiuchi discovred he could get her to talk by getting her to ask for food and what made funnier is he made a game out of it
Old 2006-11-05, 13:53   Link #97
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
So her game path wasn't enough for an OVA? Oh well.
I'm not saying that, its just that OVA's for one character route doesn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani View Post
Since KyoAni is going for an inter-weave approach, I think it is possible that they will include Sayuri's story and link it together with Mai's to form a coherent story, thus developing the background/characters of the two girls together.
Taking apart the fact that this is Kyoani, we're already getting a good amount of fun from Sayuri. This could easily been what you're saying could be true - there's plenty more to come from Mai, and i easily believe Sayuri can be done at the same time.. just not to the full extent.

Ah well, she's my fav' character from Kanon, so i'll be happy with anything i can get of this.
Old 2006-11-05, 17:45   Link #98
Cloud Strife
~Uguu!~

It has been one month since the first episode aired and it is still perfect. I am quite impressed with how comedic this series can be, even the smallest of gestures can make me laugh throughout the day. The foreshadowing, as everyone has said, is incredibly subtle yet skillfully implemented. The bathroom scene with Makoto, the breakfast scene with Ayu, the talk with Shiori, the lunch with Sayuri and Mai, and then 'demon hunting' with Mai and Makoto at night; who wouldn't want to live out a day like this? Just watching it was fun, but to live like that...Yuuichi is lucky!

I especially enjoyed the Moe-ments (Get it?) of Maiii (As Sayuri would say!) when she interacts with Yuuichi. When he asks her about the demon hunting, she remains silent and strokes her hair in response. Very sultry!

I laughed so hard when Yuuichi intruded on Makoto's bath, I cried! And also when Yuuichi steals Makoto's meat buns, my abs started to hurt from his "Yes, go ahead" voice acting! Too funny!

I believe Sayuri should have been treated as a main character in this Kanon. She is just so Kawaii and has her own "Ahaha" expression, like "Auu" and "Uguu." I guess Mai's expression could be "...", but what about Shiori? Anyway, Sayuri qualifies as my bride because she shares the same voice actress as Misuzu from AIR.

Regarding the pacing of the story, if Makoto's arc is to be fulfilled first, I think it would be best as opposed to having it happen too close to Ayu's, so desensitization doesn't occur. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'm trying to be very ambiguious.

If there was an OVA to be made for Kanon 2006, I think it would be interesting to have it entirely based on the events that occured 'seven years ago' according to Yuuichi. It should cover all the interactions of Yuuichi with all the girls when they were young and chibi.
Old 2006-11-05, 19:04   Link #99
New/Old
Old to the New

Heh heh. Shiori's would be "I don't like people who say things like that." I think she did say it in Episode 3 if my hazy memory serves me.
Old 2006-11-05, 22:16   Link #100
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
okay perhaps i have interpreted it wrong but
isnt Yuuichi flirting with the seniors: Sayuri and Mai during the lunch ?
Closed Thread