AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-04-16, 08:09   Link #221
infectedrabbid

Frankly, I've never thought about death yet. But if I were really going to die, I'd prefer to die in harmony. Not because of war or something like that.
infectedrabbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 23:41   Link #222
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I agree with those that say it's the way we die that scares us.If I was going to die I would prefer to be quick and painless. imagine being torn to shreds by a wild animal and you screaming in agony waiting death

damn nature you scary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXLpivwdhM8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPEFMMqXfow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLFdRXWBIVE
Old 2012-06-12, 01:27   Link #223
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quite a few thread necros going around. Ironic :P

I used to be pretty depressed as a kid (~7?), lying awake in bed being all 'why am I alive, I've just gonna die in the end! Dammit parents, bringing me into this world.'

Now I'm over that phase. Funnily enough I would have expected it to be the other way round. Oh well.

Quote:
Of all the wonders that I yet have heard, it seems to me most strange that men should fear;
seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come.
Old 2012-06-12, 02:08   Link #224
HasuMasu
*Artist

What's with the recent interest in old threads?
Old 2012-06-12, 06:05   Link #225
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

I've noticed 2 active necromancer here is MUAHAHAHAHAHA and tolido17
Old 2012-06-12, 06:18   Link #226
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

My thoughts are summed up by pretty much this;

"Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo" (I was not; I have been; I am not; I do not care) - Epicurus
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 11:23   Link #227
Kafriel
Senior Guest

My thoughts are much more simple. It is as inevitable as the sun rising tomorrow; it's one of those things in life you take for granted
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 13:59   Link #228
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
I've noticed 2 active necromancer here is MUAHAHAHAHAHA and tolido17
Yes. Thread necromancy is okay.... in moderation.

The issue arises when other ongoing threads get pushed off the front page.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 01:15   Link #229
Masquerading Lunatic
Moe Lunatic

So, here's to this thread for making me feel a lot better. It might be some seven months since the last post, but a little more bumping shouldn't hurt too much...~

When I was a child, I was really scared of dying. I had no concept of the afterlife, or anything, but tornadoes and the thought of the sun's death scared the living daylight out of me. But I remember eventually reaching this stage of life, probably in my late middle-school to highschool to early college years where I never worried about this kind of thing, save for a few blips here and there. And then suddenly, out of nowhere (as far as I remember!), the dread of death, and the nothingness that probably follows, hit me like a rock, and it's been a bit of a roadblock for the past few months now. As an already very emotional nineteen year old (going on twenty) girl, I can't say I like having more reasons to get upset!

I guess the biggest fear, at the end of the day, is dying before I feel accomplished in life. The thought of dying tomorrow is terrifying because I don't feel satisfied yet. I'd like to say I'm nice looking, I'm good at schoolwork (sometimes it feels like that's all I'm good at, hah!), and I have friends, though I can't say I'm especially sociable, so I only like to interact with them in school. I'm pretty awkward around people I don't know well too, 'normal girls' especially, and generally get along best with guys. And while I'm in a comfortable position in life with my parents still supporting me, I don't really feel satisfied. I don't think I'm unhappy (just emotional!), but this dread whenever I crawl into bed at night can really be awful sometimes.

But I think when I feel accomplished, it won't be so bad. Maybe once I'm out in the world and able to fend for myself. More than anything, I think that once I can finally live with my boyfriend, and see him more than once a year (he lives in the other side of the ocean), I'll feel a lot better as since he's the only person I have ever confided in, and ever honestly loved. Right now it feels like time is just passing by in a blur, and I'm not at my happiest, but I'd like to think once I reach that peak, I won't have to worry so much anymore. It doesn't help that when I'm not at uni. or studying, I'm at the PC, but that's the best way to hang out with the only person I can stand to hang out with for more than a few hours (and every day at that!), so...once we're together, at least I won't have as much of a reason to waste away my time online. Maybe. Assuming it all works out, haha.

I guess those are my current thoughts on death, and considering how I'm not being mopey and upset about it like I was a little while back, I'm really just happy I ended up finding this thread. It's obvious that most people think about death, and fear it, but sometimes, just seeing many people talk about it helps. At least I assume that's what made the change--I can't really pinpoint it exactly. But that doesn't matter! Just. Thanks, you people from years ago. <3

tldr; you guys are cool
Masquerading Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 01:27   Link #230
LeoXiao
思想工作

0-17: don't want to die, want to grow up
18-24: hell no only old ppl die
35-50: shit, I'm getting old...
50-80: well I'm old now, but at least I lived to make it here
80-90: damn everyone in my generation is like dead or senile
90-120: goddamn it just let me die already
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 03:09   Link #231
Mouretsu
Behemoth Tactical Soldier

You're going to die. Regardless of you liking it or not. It's going to catch you. No, we won't have the anti-aging scheme you keep hearing about. It's there to get your money.

Think of it this way. You are the center of the circle (born on that day). There are dots all over on a white piece of paper. Then there is a line going in different directions but aiming OUTWARDS and away from the center point (the day you were born on). Then there is one last thing ... an entangled circle, large, small or medium sized that is around the center point. Regardless, you already know what it is ... and none of us are escaping it.

(Did I scare some of you? Hehe)
Mouretsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 14:20   Link #232
Masquerading Lunatic
Moe Lunatic

I am absolutely terrified...~
But that part isn't too bad. I mean. Everyone goes through with it, and all that. Being immortal would be even worse, though as some people said, I couldn't complain with an extended life. Why can't we live for just a few hundred years extra...?!
Masquerading Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 14:34   Link #233
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

My experience with the people I have lost who were of old age is this:
you will not be 'ready for death', ever.
You may be old, but you will always have something planned. Something left you want to do. Maybe you found a new love, or a new purpose. Or you just want to spend more time with your loved ones.

If you are ever ready for death, it must mean you have been handed a very harsh fate, that there is nothing left for you. I do not wish that to anyone.

On the other hand, we could die any time, suddenly and unexpected. But if this happens soon, or at old age, there is not much of a difference in how it will end an ongoing life.
Sure the unevitable nature of death may be more of an issue for old people. But I doubt that this means they are more willing to take it.

The main thing I have come to realise is, that I should not wait. If there is this thing you want to do, but you just leave it be, because you can still do it next year, you will soon be old and not have done it.
This does not mean to franticly hunt down experiences. But if there is a chance, then make sure to catch it now and not wait for the next time it shows up. That may be too late.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 16:51   Link #234
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Well, there are a number of people who committed suicide simply because they thought they had nothing left to do. I'm surprised at the number of suicide notes that state something along the lines of "Life is too boring to be worth living".

There's also a number of last words stating something to the effect of "Dying is awfully dull". When the time comes, it will probably be highly anti-climactic (just like how pretty much everything in life is).

I can't help you with your fear of death. What I can say, is that when you're dead, you won't know what you're missing. In fact, you won't know anything, or be anything.

My own goal is to die feeling satisfied that I left the people I loved with good memories, and that I see my bloodline continue in good health.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 16:55   Link #235
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
That only thoughts that concerns me regarding Death is :

> On what way I will die?

and

> What will I feel during that very last moment... a painful death or just like falling asleep..?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 17:59   Link #236
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerading Lunatic View Post
I'd like to say I'm nice looking
pics or it didn't happen

Quote:
Thanks, you people from years ago. <3

tldr; you guys are cool
Yeah, they are. I wonder how many of them are still alive. Sorry, was that joke too morbid?
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 18:07   Link #237
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post

Yeah, they are. I wonder how many of them are still alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI
Old 2013-02-09, 22:01   Link #238
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
<3

To actually answer the topic instead of hitting on Nagisa-wearing newbies, I don't think I have much in common with most of the other people in here. I'm a futurist and transhumanist, I think there's a good chance aging will be conquered this century and indefinite lifespans become possible, and I don't think immortality would be a bad thing at all (or at least, not for the typical 'oh my god it would be so boring to live so long' reasons).
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 23:46   Link #239
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Hindi mahalaga sa akin (it doesn't matter to me). Well, until it affects those I love of course. COME AT ME, BRO DEATH.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 00:19   Link #240
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito Kinomoto View Post
Hindi mahalaga sa akin (it doesn't matter to me). Well, until it affects those I love of course. COME AT ME, BRO DEATH.
Baliw ka ba?( Are you crazy?) Inviting Death?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
death, existentialism