AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kannagi - Episode 13 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 68 47.55%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 20.98%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 17.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.10%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.40%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-27, 05:34   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Kannagi - Episode 13 [END] Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kannagi, Episode 13 [END].

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2008-12-27, 06:35   Link #2
Bombo
TSF Fans

So this last episode
I can't wait for it
Old 2008-12-27, 07:56   Link #3
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

That's great, thunder strike, but why are you voting before the episode even aired?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-12-27, 07:58   Link #4
Bombo
TSF Fans

I don't know tbh
Old 2008-12-27, 10:31   Link #5
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Wonderful episode. Brilliant animation, especially of faces -- and especially Tsugumi. Nagi's snot string was unbelievable, lol. Just enough comedy among the piercing emotion.

Good voice-acting all round, and great voice-acting from Sawashiro Miyuki. Tomatsu just missed a couple of things, but was wonderful to listen to nonetheless.

For me, this show will go down as a near-masterpiece. This last episode was a good example of the deft touch of Yamakan, who was back as director and (co-)storyboarder. The other big gun was back, too, with Kadowaki Satoshi, the overall animation director, as (co-)animation director of the episode. So we got the same super level of work as in episode one.

The drawing was totally on-model, right down (and I do mean down) to the appropriate breast size when Nagi's towel fell open....

And I'm guessing there will be a sequel, since they ended it with "mata ne" -- "see ya."

EDIT: But as serenade_beta says, poor Tsugumi -- my favorite character -- really got the short end of the stick, right to the end. I'm hoping for a second season in which Nagi finds her throne again and the humans are left to be in love. As a first step, I hope Jin goes after and catches up with her.

Totally off-topic, another potential reason occurred to me that KyoAni might have fired YamaKan -- maybe they found out he already had plans to start his own studio and steal some of their staff. I have no evidence, but that would be sufficient reason.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-12-27 at 12:16.
Old 2008-12-27, 11:51   Link #6
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Well, it's obvious they didn't plan to end the anime with all matters finished... To see what happens to Tsugumi next, please watch School Days the second season when it (if) it comes out, or just hurry and read the manga.
Poor Tsugumi...
Jin! Come with me for a sec......!

Anyways, it was a good finishing episode. Nicely done drama and comedy, and the characters moved a lot (especially compared to the past episodes). Well, it was good fun all the way to the end (lost tension from the previous episode though).

*clap* *clap* Anime ends.

Tsugumi got the short end of the stick the whole way through though... Jin, KO-RO-SU

Hmm... Can't remember... Was that old lady-woman that talked to Jin/Nagi the same in the manga... I have this feeling that it wasn't the same...
???

...Zange's song... My ears... Stomach...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2008-12-27 at 12:02.
Old 2008-12-27, 12:11   Link #7
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

Ended perfect and left alot of info open for a second season.

Tsugumi face was priceless at the end.
Old 2008-12-27, 14:59   Link #8
noktown

The 1st season is finished finally(I hate watching incomplete animes,One Piece and many other ongoing animes/mangas are exceptions since they r not ending any time soon).

Now i'd like to ask you a question,was it a happy ending or not ?(I mean does any1 die),cuz i hate dramas ;d (Yes i haven't watched the anime yet xD)
Old 2008-12-27, 15:42   Link #9
Falkor

really loved this episode: the music, the body language, the facial expressions, the imagery, and the little comic relief towards the end--which reminds me of what the show has been doing from the very beginning: make us laugh...

I will save more comments for later...

* can't wait for the favourite character poll *
Old 2008-12-27, 15:45   Link #10
Bombo
TSF Fans

Epic end but i feel sorry for Tsugumi
Old 2008-12-27, 15:54   Link #11
Westlo
Lets be reality

Ah.. a wonderful episode and a fitting ending to the series, really looking forward to seeing a second season of this in 2010+. 13 was a really nice adaption of the last 1.5 chapters of Volume 3, the added scenes to pad out the episode were nicely done (though I could've done without Jin's thoughts of naked Nagi...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
EDIT: But as serenade_beta says, poor Tsugumi -- my favorite character -- really got the short end of the stick, right to the end. I'm hoping for a second season in which Nagi finds her throne again and the humans are left to be in love. As a first step, I hope Jin goes after and catches up with her.
Why don't you read the rest of the manga? Vol 4 and up, could be a long time until we get a second season.... though as soon as the current manga arc gets a conclusion they have enough material to go with one, but who knows how long the mangaka will take to recover.

Quote:
Totally off-topic, another potential reason occurred to me that KyoAni might have fired YamaKan -- maybe they found out he already had plans to start his own studio and steal some of their staff. I have no evidence, but that would be sufficient reason.
I'm pretty sure his firing was politically motivated, if his skills as a director weren't really up to par I'm sure they would've found an excuse for him to let him save face, considering all he's done for them. I believe this was the case even before Kannagi and I'm more convinced of it now... heck his last episode of Lucky Star (4) was one of the best in the series imo along with the ones wrote by Shouji Gatoh (12, 22) of Full Metal Panic fame.
Old 2008-12-27, 15:58   Link #12
Raniie

Really enjoyed the End. --Or... is it the start of a new begining? Let's hope to see a second season of Kannagi soon.
Old 2008-12-27, 20:04   Link #13
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

My goodness this was one of the best endings for an anime that I have seen in a long while.

Perfectly paced and well written, great facial expressions and animation. I can't wait for second season. (Please, please let there be one.)

This episode definitely earned a 10/10 from me.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-27, 20:51   Link #14
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
The 'end' to the anime was pretty well-done, plus it leaves open the hint to a possible sequel. I have to wonder though, with much talk of the dramatic nature of the newer chapters, will people who loved Kannagi for the comedy still watch it?

And poor POOR Tsugumi. I'd think she's close to snapping, that one. We still love her though.
Old 2008-12-27, 21:47   Link #15
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-27, 23:40   Link #16
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-27, 23:44   Link #17
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Nicely written, great finish.... and my heart goes out to Tsugumi here (was rooting for her all the way) .... maybe we'll get a second season?
Old 2008-12-28, 00:16   Link #18
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
*raises hand* I'm no shipper, but it's really hard not to feel for Tsugumi. For someone so cliche during the start, she's really grown on me. Hopefully she finds SOME happiness when the manga gets going again.

As for a sequel? It's left open. We'll see how the DVD sales go, as a large market share normally is looked at before a project is given the green-light (as with Negima's Al Alba).
Old 2008-12-28, 11:46   Link #19
Nikkan

Is the subbed out yet? >_< I can't wait
Old 2008-12-28, 11:54   Link #20
Westlo
Lets be reality

Nope no subs yet, as for dvd sales Kannagi is doing very well, check for yourself.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...0&postcount=58

Anything over 10,000 sold per volume is doing very, very well. A second season is a matter of when not if.
Closed Thread