AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-09-26, 16:59   Link #781
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurifanboy View Post
Sorry if I can't answer your question as I have not listened closely to each track in order to examine which ones are remixes.
Then which are you favorite tracks?

Quote:
Exactly why I love the movie poster! The Star Wars vibe is strong with it. I don't mind it being the OST cover since it is such an awesome poster.
I don't mind the poster, but I wanted a more original cover. Maybe the 00Q in Quantum Burst or even Graham's Brave defending the 00Q.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 17:21   Link #782
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
So which tracks are original? By extension, which tracks were remixed into the movie OST? Someone said a couple posts back that "Final Mission ~ Quantum Burst" was a remix of "Trans-Am Raiser". What about the others?
I've sorted the songs into groups based on how they are structured and composed. It looks like I have 27 of 30 songs evaluated...I'll try and find which ones are missing from this list (When I imported them, the track order got mixed up).
Spoiler:

I hope that this list partially clears up which songs are remixed and which ones are original

[EDIT] On closer inspection, Final Mission~Quantum Burst bears less resemblence to Masurao a few seconds in: the second half of the song is original in feel.

Last edited by teh_nubkilr; 2010-09-28 at 17:04.
teh_nubkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 17:29   Link #783
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm actually finding the remix pieces to be the best part of the soundtrack, and that's a huge shame. Still a good listen, just that i know Kawai can do better. Ah well.
Old 2010-09-26, 17:29   Link #784
yurifanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Then which are you favorite tracks?

I don't mind the poster, but I wanted a more original cover. Maybe the 00Q in Quantum Burst or even Graham's Brave defending the 00Q.
My favorites are Heart of Feldt, Future Aeolia's Dream (A remix of and/or containing elements from Solitariness & Affectionately from OST Vol. 4), Envoy from Jupiter, and Transient Peace.
yurifanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 17:34   Link #785
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_nubkilr View Post
Spoiler:

I hope that this list partially clears up which songs are remixed and which ones are original
Thank you!

EDIT: Comparing your list to the OST track listing, the two you missed were "Inspectorate" and "Ribbons Almark"; the third is one of the band songs.

Last edited by Kuroi Hadou; 2010-09-26 at 18:09.
Old 2010-09-26, 18:26   Link #786
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

Thanks for pointing that out. "Ribbons Almark" falls under the second list, while Inspectorate is another remix. For me, I particularly enjoyed "Heart of Feldt" and "Final Battle ~ Quantum Burst"
teh_nubkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 03:05   Link #787
DangerMouse

Thanks for the breakdown, finally got to listen.

As far as who should get it I agree with the positive recommendations so far, if you're a fan of the 00 music you should probably enjoy it, and if you want more new music that really fits 00 but don't mind paying for nice new versions of old favorites, if you only want new music and that's it it's not quite as clear cut since along with some really nice new stuff maybe a little less than half of the new stuff is grittier music which seems quite appropriate given the minor spoilers I've read and as has been previously mentioned but will probably be more up to personal playlist tendencies.

I think a bunch of the original movie songs in the first group are quite good, my current favorites so far are probably
Spoiler:
. Perhaps another one or two original fast pieces to go with those to balance out all the new "suspense" pieces would have addressed any stand-alone listening concerns over whether or not there's enough of a balance of the memorable music coming from original pieces or remixes for a full-price purchase for some since even several of the non-suspense original tracks seem to favor mood-setting/revelation pieces so even with several excellent new action songs they might be a bit outnumbered to some.

I agree about the remixes, not only are they really well done but at least if they were going to bring songs back I think they/Kenji Kawai thankfully also chose most of the right ones that should make it "feel" like a proper part of 00 rather than just "because" there has to be remixes so that's good, for example definitely eternally grateful for the fresh
Spoiler:

I agree about the moody "horror" pieces, not crazy about them in the standalone soundtrack sense but given the small amount of spoilers I've read I actually think they will probably be quite effective when not standing on their own, though if they had been more memorable in standalone fashion the excellent new tracks that do stand alone would probably feel more properly balanced with the remixes, but I agree these suspense pieces will probably get less listens on their own compared to the new and remixed action/emotional/setting pieces.

All in all, just as a first impression, I think Kenji Kawaii did a rather good job of bringing a new soundtrack that feels like the next piece of 00 to the movie in both forms integrating the previous chapter's music with the new like for S2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
I'm actually finding the remix pieces to be the best part of the soundtrack, and that's a huge shame. Still a good listen, just that i know Kawai can do better. Ah well.
As just music to some extent I probably agree as I'm loving the remixes as well as the stand-alone friendly new songs but when linked with the movie until I see it I'm also left thinking that on some level it may also be the nature of the beast with what sounds like such a dramatic movie, a good number of the new tracks are more dramatic and/or low and suspenseful than standalone or "catchy" and yet there are a number of excellent new action and emotional songs so I think for the actual movie the balance might be on the mark but you might be right about the standalone soundtrack on a regular playlist run somewhat favoring the sweet remixes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
I know we're on the discussion of the 00 movie OST right now, but have you guys heard the piano renditions of some of the 00 OPs on YouTube? Some of them are pretty fantastic! Here're some.
Daybreak's Bell
Namida no Mukou
Trust You
Only one I can't find is Unlimited Sky.
Any really good one done for the second OP?
Loved that one too along with Daybreak's Bell and OP3.
Edit: The mask is really totally freaky but the "Ash Like Snow" (OP2) played with violin linked in those youtube videos is pretty cool sounding.

Quote:
I finally got a hold of the soundtrack. So far I like tracks like envoy from Jupiter with the Gregorian chant like chorus/humming. Heart of Feldt and Transient Peace are nice albeit short piano tracks, which are always my favorite type, those with piano.
Yeah, the gregorian chant-like stuff has been fantastic to me throughout all the soundtracks. While I listen to the faster songs more often I agree the movie OST has some more very nice new 00 piano pieces to add to the nice ones from TV soundtracks.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2010-09-27 at 03:35.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 02:45   Link #788
Vsin
Aldracity

I'm not sure if this is entirely off topic, but since its been bugging me I'll throw it out there anyways...

Linkin Park - The Catalyst. Since it's the Gundam Extreme Vs. cover song I figure we can call it a "Gundam Song".

Does anybody else think this sounds almost like Jrock? I really can't put my finger on it, but somehow it does...
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 03:01   Link #789
pikachuwei

i personally like Battle of Strangers and Quantum Burst out of the OST

also, does anyone know what the name of the song that plays in S2 when the CB mothership was first revealed?
Old 2010-10-07, 04:01   Link #790
nyerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
i personally like Battle of Strangers and Quantum Burst out of the OST

also, does anyone know what the name of the song that plays in S2 when the CB mothership was first revealed?
Fairly sure that's Mortify, from OST 2 of the the 1st season.
nyerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 13:08   Link #791
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Okay, after finally getting my copy of the movie OST and listening through it, I have to say, taken as a whole, its my favorite of the Gundam 00 OSTs. Listening straight through, I think it flows better than the other sountracks and helps to underscore the weirdness of the ELS and the desperation of that last battle, culminating with the hope of the 00 Qan[T] and the desperate attempt to protect that hope.

Somewhat ironically I found myself really enjoying the horror-style tracks the most. The remixes are really good, but at times they seem to lack the majesty that the originals had. Overall, I'd give it an 8.5.
Old 2010-10-12, 05:34   Link #792
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Any really good one done for the second OP?
Loved that one too along with Daybreak's Bell and OP3.
Edit: The mask is really totally freaky but the "Ash Like Snow" (OP2) played with violin linked in those youtube videos is pretty cool sounding.
I believe you mean this. How do I link a video, by the way? Any 00 OST fan should listen to this. Damn. This guy is a real genius.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 11:52   Link #793
xytrix

did they ever played UVERworld's "change" in the 00 movie?
xytrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 20:17   Link #794
Blazer-X

Quote:
Actually, I've been wondering that myself. I went to see it in the NYAF, and I don't remember hearing it. But I might have missed it due to all the action taking place. Anyone else want to confirm this?
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 20:29   Link #795
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xytrix View Post
Change is supposed to be an image song, no? That means it probably isn't played.
Old 2010-10-12, 20:46   Link #796
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Cool

UverWorld ROCkS....!!!!!

There Gundam00 theme songs were the Best..!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 02:46   Link #797
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Speaking of which, what about the image song that DID play during the movie?

Any word about it?
Old 2010-10-13, 17:11   Link #798
yurifanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Change is supposed to be an image song, no? That means it probably isn't played.
Her image song seemed too much like prototype to me, at least in terms of the vocal effects. It was okay but I preferred prototype.
yurifanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 18:13   Link #799
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Speaking of which, what about the image song that DID play during the movie?

Any word about it?
A song that's played during the movie would be called an insert song.

Quote:
Her image song seemed too much like prototype to me, at least in terms of the vocal effects. It was okay but I preferred prototype.
I assume you are referring to Chiaki Ishikawa's insert song (mou nani mo whatever)?

That's basically how she always sings...
Old 2010-10-14, 05:36   Link #800
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
A song that's played during the movie would be called an insert song.
Point taken

So yeah, no word about it?