AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-10-13, 18:09   Link #301
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

...Assuming those are final designs and not development/research sketches included in this chapter as bonus material. The credits do not outright state the drawings are ALL that of new characters and not alternate, intermediate designs. Just look on the right side, the two faces at the bottom - same face, same expression but different haircut - it could very well be the same character but the author settled for a different look after comparing his two options.

As far as I'm concerned, the pic posted on the previous page could very well be that of the girl introduced at the end of chapter 1. Regardless, we'll know more next week.

...Besides, I'm not sure if I'd want to see a fully-grown Sosul just yet or without witnessing the progress of her "accelerated growth". I'd prefer to see her get back in five chapters at all, but not completely "adult" yet.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2010-10-13 at 19:09. Reason: Forgot one important word...dang.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 20:05   Link #302
Johnny
Working the bags...

I'd say we wouldn't be seeing her for awhile if she get's her body caught up with her age. The only problem I see with that actually happening anytime soon is Shiho being dead. She seemed to be the one doing the research if you want to call it that...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 21:37   Link #303
DarkLordOfkichiku

Chapter 2 is OUUUUT!: http://cartoon.media.daum.net/series/view/BREAKER2/2

Spoiler for Chapter 2:
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 00:36   Link #304
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 00:53   Link #305
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

You can best sum this latest chapter with these epic words:

Spoiler for Might Guy would be PROUD:
Old 2010-10-15, 06:25   Link #306
KrimzonStriker

Scans out for the chapter, its these compare and contrast scenarios that make me wonder the pros and cons between them, like whether its better to be able to kick ass by yourself or to have other (and might I say more attractive ) individuals do it for you.
Old 2010-10-15, 10:03   Link #307
Xacual

At least this sort of confirms that she is his guard. I wonder how long until we get Shioon actively rejoining Murim. I would expect it to be within the first 10 chapters to not drag it out. I just can't see him staying at school that long if people from Murim are trying for his life.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 11:32   Link #308
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
At least this sort of confirms that she is his guard.
Hmm. But it seems like she may not have known that he didn't know that she was. Otherwise, she might not have reacted so strongly in the last chapter. Looking forward to see more interaction between them next week anyhow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I wonder how long until we get Shioon actively rejoining Murim. I would expect it to be within the first 10 chapters to not drag it out. I just can't see him staying at school that long if people from Murim are trying for his life.
Well, depends on. But at least, now that he has confirmed that there's actually a danger to his life, he should at the very least more seriously consider it, at least. He isn't as safe as he thought he was, so...
Old 2010-10-15, 11:39   Link #309
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I knew I liked the new girl. A bad ass, butt kicking, red haired tsundere was just what this series needed.
Old 2010-10-15, 17:03   Link #310
Lummie

I think that the revelation of this tsundere girl who's going great heights in order to protect him, will eventually stir him up to pick up his martial arts once again. Solely for the reason that Shioon wouldn't be able to live with the fact that someone is getting hurt because of him and that all he can do is watch without making a fist.

Aside from this, we know that the Murim is completely fine with taking hostages so I can imagine Saehee being targeted when they know that they're uncapable of bringing him down that easy. The author wrote her into the story in the first place as a reason for Shioon to become stronger and overcome people like the bully Chang Ho. I do wish however that Shioon would see that the Murim's power balance is shaking and temporarily cut ties with her because I do not wish for her becoming an hindrance some way in the story. Especially when the focus lies this time around on exterminating him as potential threat or due a grudge.

So far i'm enjoying where the story is heading. Though it annoyed me a bit to see Shioon getting his ass kicked. He's after all the nine arts dragon's disciple, he's the one who should do the kicking.

Last edited by Lummie; 2010-10-15 at 17:24. Reason: Here to hope Shioon gets his powers back asap.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 19:04   Link #311
KrimzonStriker

I'll admit, I actually do want this to last a little longer before Shioon makes a decision, just because I'd love to see some interaction between the new girl and Sahee while this is going on, if only for the lulz
Old 2010-10-15, 19:07   Link #312
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Man, I can tell that this is a magazine-level scan, not that I'm complaining. Anyway, right now I'm not too impressed with this random girl, but at least she's better than Saehee(well anyone is at this point). Darnit, i'm missing the cute lady Sosul already .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
So far i'm enjoying where the story is heading. Though it annoyed me a bit to see Shioon getting his ass kicked. He's after all the nine arts dragon's disciple, he's the one who should do the kicking.
Indeed. It's hard to see him in this state after fighting Hyuk So Chun and(technically) Gangsung(sp?). Hope his inferiority won't last too long.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 23:15   Link #313
Xion Valkyrie

New girl has great ass- err, is a great asset to the cast.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 00:14   Link #314
pampz21
ShipCore

the hell samurai sword is really popular in this manga~

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 01:29   Link #315
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
the hell samurai sword is really popular in this manga~
Really? Its mostly been fists and martial arts, I only remember the one guy from the Black Forest or whatever the groups called having one, and the beside that the closes resemblance was a machete.
Old 2010-10-16, 01:37   Link #316
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
I think that the revelation of this tsundere girl who's going great heights in order to protect him, will eventually stir him up to pick up his martial arts once again. Solely for the reason that Shioon wouldn't be able to live with the fact that someone is getting hurt because of him and that all he can do is watch without making a fist.
I guess so. He isn't one who prefers to stand by and watch by the sidelines after all...

Quote:
Aside from this, we know that the Murim is completely fine with taking hostages so I can imagine Saehee being targeted when they know that they're uncapable of bringing him down that easy.
I dunno - the Murim as a whole doesn't appear to be fine with it. The Alliance Chief, however, was.

Quote:
I do wish however that Shioon would see that the Murim's power balance is shaking and temporarily cut ties with her because I do not wish for her becoming an hindrance some way in the story. Especially when the focus lies this time around on exterminating him as potential threat or due a grudge.
Well, who can blame him? He isn't very familiar with the Murim in the first place and thus, it wasn't before this chapter he is truly beginning to see that the Murim isn't what it used to be.

Quote:
I think most people here agree with you . Oh well, hopefully the situation'll change...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
I'll admit, I actually do want this to last a little longer before Shioon makes a decision, just because I'd love to see some interaction between the new girl and Sahee while this is going on, if only for the lulz
I'd like to see Saehee become more aware of Shioon's situation if nothing else. So far she has only glimpsed part of Shioon's situation but without actually being aware of what is going on - and it doesn't appear that she has asked Shioon about it either...
Old 2010-10-17, 13:42   Link #317
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Yeah, watching Shioon do a complete reversion is really annoying. I mean, he was the one who really wanted to be strong and really wanted to fight because he wanted to change himself. Now, not only is he back to getting creamed, he's back to being a coward who won't even try to defend himself again and is even afraid of the guy who used to bully him. I find it a dumb move on the author's part because Shioon lost all of the development he had gained in Part 1.
Old 2010-10-17, 15:59   Link #318
KrimzonStriker

He'll be fine, he's in a position of power now, likely going to go through the whole being groomed for leadership route. That requires a different kind of development in my mind.
Old 2010-10-17, 16:48   Link #319
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

It's not that much different than before, really. Even when he still had his ki he would get wtf pwned almost every time. It would usually go like "cool, Shioon learned a powerful technique in 2 hours when everyone else take years, I can't wait to see his next fight". Then the next page he is lying on the floor covered in blood without having landed a single hit, and his opponent praising him for being able to take so many blows and not die.
Old 2010-10-17, 17:36   Link #320
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
It's not that much different than before, really. Even when he still had his ki he would get wtf pwned almost every time. It would usually go like "cool, Shioon learned a powerful technique in 2 hours when everyone else take years, I can't wait to see his next fight". Then the next page he is lying on the floor covered in blood without having landed a single hit, and his opponent praising him for being able to take so many blows and not die.
Perhaps, but you know, people liked Shioon the best during chapter 30 and on, when he was capable of kicking ass to some extent (and mind you those opponents he DID actually lose against were Kangsung, Hyuk so Chun and Gyu-Bum - all part of the very uppger elite of the Murim) not during chapter 1-20 when he was still a weakling (back then I remember most people calling for Goomooonryong to be the true main character of the story ) who had to be saved by his eventual master all of the time.

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves