AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Your Favorite Gundam Series is?
Mobile Suit Gundam 31 5.74%
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 66 12.22%
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ 7 1.30%
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam 11 2.04%
Mobile Fighter G Gundam 15 2.78%
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing 69 12.78%
Mobile Suit Gundam X 22 4.07%
'∀' Turn A Gundam 57 10.56%
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED 152 28.15%
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny 38 7.04%
Other (Explain) 72 13.33%
Voters: 540. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2005-12-26, 20:16   Link #61
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Well i suppose you'r right, but bitter haman did have a colony drop on dublin...
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 20:36   Link #62
Four Murasame

Turn A, turn Turn A, turn

TURNN AAAA!!!
Four Murasame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 04:05   Link #63
polar720

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General
Kamille was all "ZOMG DON'T YOU CALL ME A GIRL I'LL PUNCH YOUR HEAD OUT!!!111"
"ZOMG My family suckkkkkks my dad's having an affair and my mom doesn't do anything about it!!!111" "ZOMG I knew it youre not quattro bajeena youre char aznable, eat my correction fist!!!111" in the beginning. But he grows out of it eventually.
Like I said for the first quote, he`s an angry kid, that`s not angst. I don`t recall him whinning about his parents as much as talking about why he didn`t like them. And I`m not even gonna touch the last quote as it has nothing to do with what we`re talking about.
polar720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 13:43   Link #64
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

mahq's reveiw averages for
Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam (TV series)
Mobile Suit Gundam (movies)
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th M.S. Team
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam
Mobile Fighter G Gundam
New Mobile Report Gundam Wing
After War Gundam X
Turn A Gundam (TV series)
Turn A Gundam (movies)
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED (Special Edition)
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY
@wd as for zzgundam well here's my theory.
dom thearter(sp?)
tomino:hey everyone!i'm back!sorry i went on vacation but i had a nightmare about a show called gsd wich had a suckass ending but a good beginning.so what's going on with this mobile suit gundam zz?did you hire a good writer for the show while i was away?
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 16:16   Link #65
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Tomino Was never away, He was behind Every gundam set uc, except for the side stories.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 16:56   Link #66
dom33

he wan't on vacation for the start of zz?well i go with wingdarkness'es theory that he was on crack or something.as for zeta being superior to victory,it's debatable i mean they both show the harsh reality of war but for me wether or not a gundam series is good or not is the ending,if the ending is good the series is good if the ending is bad the series is bad.so i think they might be equal.
Old 2006-01-04, 06:55   Link #67
servitude

Turn A is NOT primarily created as an action series.. That's what I feel.. In the end, it feels just so hopeless.. I mean look at the supposedly powerful moon race... Seeing a nuke and they get forzen... And the nuke blast? Has got to be the most awe inspiring point in the series... FOr once, an animation properly captures the feeling of being in the midst of a nuke blast.. That is just classic...in Seed.. If felt as if nuke blasts were nothing.... It just doesn't have that feel..

Anyway.. I wouldn't rate Turn A tops.. I like MSG better because its the original and because it doesn't have overpowered suits doing damage...
servitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 07:18   Link #68
GX9900_NTlv9

I liked most of Turn A except for the ending, Moonlight Butterfly is so overpowered that it's totally "unrealistic" and makes me feel like I'm watching a Dragonball Z-like anime. Moonlight Butterfly makes the Turn A gundam seems like it has its own mind rather than Loran piloting it, which totally ruins the show.

Such strong weapons should be given a more realistic feel, like the satellite cannon in Gundam X. It was perfectly well-done, since the Gundam cannot move while it's charging the satellite cannon, leaving it vulnerable to attacks, and it doesn't use a rather crazy concept of nano-machines destroying a whole civilisation which doesn't make any absolute sense at all. Maybe Tomino should have explained more about the Moonlight Butterfly...
GX9900_NTlv9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 07:19   Link #69
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
I agree about MSG is great because it's the original.

If I hadn't seen Turn A, I would vote MSG as number one....but the background for MSG doesn't really allow for any overpowering MS, because humans have just begun deploying MS for....dunno, a couple decades. So everything is still very primitive.

Also, the idea of overpowering MS is one of the central concepts of Turn A - it's the destructive power of Moonlight Butterfly that destroyed Earth's civilization, and how people are going to deal with this Black History.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 07:19   Link #70
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

My top 3 would be.
SEED
08th MS Team
Turn A

I´m working my way through the UC but since I want to see it in the correct order it takes longer time to get through it.

Other Gundam I´ve seen.

Gundam X
Gundam Wing / Endless Waltz
SEED Destiny

I´m watching Mobile Suit Gundam and G Gundam right now. While I like the first one pretty much I can´t say the same thing about the second one.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 07:58   Link #71
Blaat

Hmm I would say in order: Turn A, 0080 and then V

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorrito
For me Zeta and Seed. I chose seed eventually though. Zeta is just a great story with great chars and all yeah i know... but ive got this thing heh, i only have 7 gig left (of the 70 gig C drive ), and the only way to get more space is to delete the seed series. But i simply cant press the "delete button". Its to hard for me Well i wanna make backups but that will cost alot of money and dvds So because of the feeling for seed i simply choose that serie
The DVDs are available in your own region buy them.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 11:09   Link #72
GX9900_NTlv9

If the moonlight butterfly was supposed to end the black history, they needn't have to put it in a ms. It was absolutely pointless because it's like a nuke, and putting it in a ms is pretty dumb since anyone could steal the ms easily making it potentially dangerous and made worse by the fact that the Turn A was non-newtype compatible.
GX9900_NTlv9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 22:23   Link #73
polar720

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom33
he wan't on vacation for the start of zz?well i go with wingdarkness'es theory that he was on crack or something.as for zeta being superior to victory,it's debatable i mean they both show the harsh reality of war but for me wether or not a gundam series is good or not is the ending,if the ending is good the series is good if the ending is bad the series is bad.so i think they might be equal.
Tomino was somewhat dissapointed by how depressing the ending of Zeta was so he decided to lighten things up a bit during the beginning of ZZ. At around the 20s he had CCA in development so he decided to run the show in a way that would fit with CCA.
polar720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 08:01   Link #74
brightman
Ancient Member

Wow... The most popular Gundam series EVER, and still the favorite in the minds of the majority of Japanese fans is losing this poll? Geez...

I guess people just can't appreciate it (First Gundam) the same way if they start off with one of the other shows.
Old 2006-01-05, 08:56   Link #75
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Wow... The most popular Gundam series EVER, and still the favorite in the minds of the majority of Japanese fans is losing this poll? Geez...

I guess people just can't appreciate it (First Gundam) the same way if they start off with one of the other shows.
I think MSG is popular amongst many fans here but its not the favourite one. That and the fact that most of us aren't Japanese
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 13:41   Link #76
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Purupurupurupurupurupurupurupurupurupurupurupurupu rupurupuru.

ZZ is my favorite series. I own entire series on DVD and have watched the whole series at least 15 times.
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 02:00   Link #77
lil shinta
Owning Time

I always say that Mobile Suit Gundam has to be number one, because without it there is no Gundam franchise.

Here is my ranking of the Gundam series:

After MSG,

1. Zeta
2. Seed Destiny
3. Turn A
4. Seed
5. Gundam X
6. G Gundam
7. Double Zeta
8. 08th MS/ 0083
9. Char's Counterattack
10. Victory
11. 0080
12. F91
13. Gundam Wing
lil shinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 08:50   Link #78
Mega-Pimp
It's magic!

Victory and ZZ are two of my favourites, Victory for it's whole "I pity the fool!" and "You didn't just do what I think you did? I'm going to KILL you!" and of course "Batshit insane" theme.
And ZZ for some of the greates characters and battles...as well as the music and setting.
"Boyah!"
Mega-Pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 12:19   Link #79
dom33

can't make a ranking so here's a list!
zeta:the best characters,plot,movement,deaths,mobile suits and dark feel that only victory beats.
victory:second to zeta,has a dark feel that no future or past series can surpass.
turn-a:shows that gundam isn't a big toy commercial and tomino doing some thing new.
mobile suit gundam:good start for the greatness of gundam also has the best war feel.
0080:does the job right.
gundam x:i think this is in the top five,i'm surprissed it's not u.c.
g gundam:good drama and good ending.
wing:i see it like i see the naruto fillers,misunderstood and it redeemed it self with e.w.
zz.:good feel and did the job tomino wanted it to do.
cca:best way to wrap up the zeonvsfederation.
f91:good movie.
seed:interesting idea, ending was dispointing.
destiny,one word:crap.
Old 2006-01-07, 12:20   Link #80
lil shinta
Owning Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Pimp
Victory and ZZ are two of my favourites, Victory for it's whole "I pity the fool!" and "You didn't just do what I think you did? I'm going to KILL you!" and of course "Batshit insane" theme.
And ZZ for some of the greates characters and battles...as well as the music and setting.
"Boyah!"
I agree with you about ZZ, I own it and enjoyed it a lot. The whole vibe of the show is refreshing after watching Zeta. ZZ is a lot deeper character and story- wise than people think.

The problem is most haven't seen it or have just seen the prelude/1st episode.
lil shinta is offline   Reply With Quote