AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-02-04, 15:32   Link #25061
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Was the identity of the bus driver revealed eventually?
Not in the last chapter, we can only hope it's revealed in the epilogue, or it'd be a major troll on Ikeda's part. Not to mention it'll hurt his credibility, making promises that he didn't keep. I guess, we can only wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsac View Post
Yep, a big troll we got in the end. Not just Akasha but the 3 dark lords just go and die alongside Allucard and we are left with a protagonist whose love was actually the Mom of Moka, what a mess!
I'll say, let's hope he can accept Ura-chan and doesn't try anything stupid like trying to revive Omote. Poor Ura-chan got trolled in that last chapter, Akasha barely even acknowledged her in her final moments, WTH?! Some mother, eh? Oh well, let's wait for the epilogue to see how everything is resolved, shall we? Until then...
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 15:38   Link #25062
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I have actually been an Outer-Moka fan since the start of the series, but even I must say that the whole turn-out feels like a huge slap to Ura-Moka whose late-ish development was really nice for me. She didn't get much attention in this chapter (I think only in the beginning when Tsukune was stabbed?) nor an actual conclusion. So hopefully this will happen in the epilogue chapter with at least the minimum amount of reason.

So ultimately, as much as I was - pre-dropping R+V - hyped and yearned for Akasha's return, it went the opposite direction I wanted it. This opposite happens fairly often, yet it feels bitter? in this special case :/
Old 2014-02-04, 15:45   Link #25063
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I read 64~66.6 in one go. First impression: THAT WAS AAAAWESOOOOOME! Alucard ripped to shreds from a jigen-tou he never saw coming, Mikogami - a manipulative headmaster who also happens to be a bloody berserker(!?) and Tohou Fuhai's last stand, all in one? Do want.

The final battle was exactly how it was meant to be: classic army shenanigans doing nothing, insane monster massacre leaving Alucard with his trump card and, of course, the new shinso duo killing him in the end. Pretty pleased with the fact that Tsukune (thankfully NOT powered up by friendship, just kept sane) didn't finish him off by himself...which brings us to the flamebait, Akasha...

Okay, many of the fans were waiting on answers as to how the inevitable duality of Moka's existence would conclude and THIS was a complete dodge of responsibility. After building up the real Moka so much in both parts, Tsukune is looking away in pain when she's hugging him with all she's got...I'm expecting an epilogue to make up for that.

Oh, but still, protagonist x mom is a freaking EPIC ending to such a harem
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 16:17   Link #25064
Tenzen12

Outher Moka IS NOT Akasha. She was artifical personality BASED on her. Who far exceeded her existence as construct and become character of her own. I can't get rid of impression that most people dislike for this ending is caused by inability fathom this much.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 16:26   Link #25065
Pesti13nce

What is with these crappy manga endings of late? I'm still blown away by the blatant disregard Tsukne showed for inmoka. The hug at the end just blew my mind, what a crap ass ending. I thought thru the series he was accepting of moka for ALL that she was both inner and outer? Yet his actions obviously show otherwise, what a joke, glad this is another ending to add up to the fail pile.

Actually outer Moka was a "CLONE" an exact replica (at least as far as the generic definition of what a clone is).. while yes a replica she was given the personality (while akasha's memories were erased from outer moka) and then the new memories came back to the mother when the rosary was placed on Alucard. So in theory she was indeed "moka" and moka was Akasha.

soo condescending...

Last edited by Pesti13nce; 2014-02-04 at 16:37.
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 16:32   Link #25066
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Outher Moka IS NOT Akasha. She was artifical personality BASED on her. Who far exceeded her existence as construct and become character of her own. I can't get rid of impression that most people dislike for this ending is caused by inability fathom this much.
I don't blame some people for somewhat misunderstanding what Outer Moka really was. The last chapter was pretty much rushed, giving little time for anything really. Fact still remains that she essentially left Inner Moka and merged with Akasha, who was sleeping inside that beast. After that it was goodbye between her and Tsukune, which to me isn't really much of a happy ending but more like a departure of sorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesti13nce View Post
What is with these crappy manga endings of late? I'm still blown away by the blatant disregard Tsukne showed for inmoka. The hug at the end just blew my mind, what a crap ass ending. I thought thru the series he was accepting of moka for ALL that she was both inner and outer? Yet his actions obviously show otherwise, what a joke, glad this is another ending to add up to the fail pile.
I think the ending should have and could have been handled better...and differently. The whole series was a great read, but I have to say, this final chapter just doesn't do it justice, after almost 10 years worth of chapters...
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 16:42   Link #25067
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Who cares if she's Moka's mom or a MILF? She's immortal!

Best ending ever and all the rest of the harem get shafted.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 16:48   Link #25068
Tenzen12

Quote:
Actually outer Moka was a "CLONE" an exact replica (at least as far as the generic definition of what a clone is).. while yes a replica she was given the personality (while akasha's memories were erased from outer moka) and then the new memories came back to the mother when the rosary was placed on Alucard. So in theory she was indeed "moka" and moka was Akasha.

soo condescending...
What are you talking about? Personality is formed and influenced by ones memories, and by time she enroled to academy Outer Moka lived for a while already. Akasha didn't have Omote memories, and Omote didn't have Akasha ones. Their personality was clearly different as well judging by flashbacks

It's same like claiming Misaka imouto is Misaka herself. Even if you provided clone with memories of it's original in moment it start make own experience their character will start differ. So they could never be same person unless Akasha got amnesia right after creating her daughter alter ego. And that didn't happaned.
Old 2014-02-04, 16:52   Link #25069
ellifeedn
Thinker

Could you say that Omote was how Akasha was as a teenager?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 16:56   Link #25070
Pesti13nce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
What are you talking about? Personality is formed and influenced by ones memories, and by time she enroled to academy Outer Moka lived for a while already. Akasha didn't have Omote memories, and Omote didn't have Akasha ones. Their personality was clearly different as well judging by flashbacks

It's same like claiming Misaka imouto is Misaka herself. Even if you provided clone with memories of it's original in moment it start make own experience their character will start differ.
Eh i'm just gonna throw in the towel, i've read and been part of discussions with you in other threads that just go on and on and start making less and less sense. I know English isn't your first language and it's obvious stuff is being lost in translation, i "kinda" get what your saying but i don't.. So it's best to quit before my BP goes thru the roof again.
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 17:05   Link #25071
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

I have a question i hope somebody will answer me , the epilogue will appear on 19 April?
Old 2014-02-04, 17:16   Link #25072
Tenzen12

Quote:
Eh i'm just gonna throw in the towel, i've read and been part of discussions with you in other threads that just go on and on and start making less and less sense. I know English isn't your first language and it's obvious stuff is being lost in translation, i "kinda" get what your saying but i don't.. So it's best to quit before my BP goes thru the roof again.
I was fairly sure I keep my arguments consistent, but I don't mind stop here with conslusion I "kinda" get my point through, and agree to disagree.
Old 2014-02-04, 18:10   Link #25073
nfsac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoMuseveni View Post
I have a question i hope somebody will answer me , the epilogue will appear on 19 April?
Yep, it was said on the last page that an epilogue would come on april 19th.
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 21:01   Link #25074
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Yeah I agree that Omote wasn't Akasha but her own person. Although this does cement the fact that Tsukune chose a girl that's totally different and is not part of Moka in any way, lol. Hopefully the epilogue will show them as a couple... Poor Moka.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 05:20   Link #25075
kazzuya13

Maybe the ending will be the same as other ending with mulch-personality. Where the other personality will become their children. However it will be confusing because Moka's mother (Akasha) will become her daughter. However this is not the first time that this kind of stuff happened (Rahxephon).
Old 2014-02-05, 05:42   Link #25076
liemtodaisu

Maybe the two personalities will be merged together or something in the epilogue.
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 05:52   Link #25077
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by liemtodaisu View Post
Maybe the two personalities will be merged together or something in the epilogue.
That is most unlikely. After all the outer personality isn't even Moka to begin with. It was Akasha.
Old 2014-02-05, 05:59   Link #25078
liemtodaisu

Nothing is impossible mate, nothing at all.
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 10:24   Link #25079
ShinsoSan

I would have argued before Omote's memories it was Omote and not Akasha but the fact that Akasha left with Omote's memories makes it hard to say Akasha isn't Omote in some sense. Especially the way Ikeda portrayed it with Tsukune calling Akasha Moka and then having Akasha respond just like Omote would. That and since Akasha retained memories from her own personality its pretty much exactly how she would react to a situation. The fact that it is a clone of her means she probably would have liked Tsukune anyways.

Which if you think about it, that is really weird. We all knew this was possible but we didn't think it would happen for obvious reasons... One being that it's Moka's mom.
ShinsoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 10:45   Link #25080
Tenzen12

You can say Akasha merged with her alter ego, which is quite irony considering that she was considered to be this to Ura and Idea of merge was always largely supported

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire