AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-05-09, 17:26   Link #61
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

yeah...shurato still remains one of my favs..if only i could dig up the old vhs tapes

Only seen up to episode 21...didn't get anymore

Is shurato the oldest none licensed anime ever?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 00:05   Link #62
jennwenn

Well, I'm not even sure if this was animated in Japan (might be American or European...) but I'll give it a shot. Posters here know everything.

There's this bear (or some other cute furry anthropomorphic mammal) whose dream is to travel to Panama because he finds an empty crate with "Panama bananas" on it. He thinks the place must be like heaven because the bananas left a nice smell in the crate. With his friend (another cute animal), they set out on a journey and think they've found this Panama paradise afterall. Only, they've come full circle and its actually their own home that they didn't recognize because the grass had grown and the place became rundown. The moral was something like "home is paradise after all".

They dwelled on the sound of the words "panama banana" a lot and I remember they spoke REALLY slowly in the dub. I watched it on a US released VHS home video in the early 1990s maybe. It was cute and had a "coloured pencil" feel to it.

Any ideas?
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 20:56   Link #63
Dak`kon

Hey guys, trying to help a friend find an anime - apparently, a comedy series that is fairly recent (no specifics) about a guy who finds out that his girlfriend is actually a secret agent - or some such.

This is what I got from him:

Quote:
all I remember is a description of a scene where the juvenile protagonist sees some highly-armed paratrooper swoop down, kick everyone's ass, and then he sees--it's his girlfriend! Her terrible secret revealed, she bursts into tears and collapses in his arms. (I'm embellishing)
Thanks in advance for your help.
Dak`kon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 18:09   Link #64
smilealwiz
yallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak`kon
Hey guys, trying to help a friend find an anime - apparently, a comedy series that is fairly recent (no specifics) about a guy who finds out that his girlfriend is actually a secret agent - or some such.

This is what I got from him:

Thanks in advance for your help.

It sounds suspiciously like Saikano (Saishuuheiki Kanojo) except that Saikano is definitely *not* a comedy... sheesh it's super tragic!
smilealwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 18:38   Link #65
Dak`kon

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilealwiz
It sounds suspiciously like Saikano (Saishuuheiki Kanojo) except that Saikano is definitely *not* a comedy... sheesh it's super tragic!
That's what I thought, too
Dak`kon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 22:29   Link #66
brianso

old anime - wats the name?

i watched this anime when i was a kid back in hong kong... around 1992?? its a drama about a submarine.... it comes up from the water and back down a lot..... and i remember that the ending was really really good, but i forgot wat it was! i cant remember much cuz i was only 6 at the time. please help me name this anime!!
brianso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 00:11   Link #67
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
blue noah it was released like 1980's
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 00:12   Link #68
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Does "Nadia" ring any bells?
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 00:46   Link #69
Invoker
Cast In The Name Of God

Send a message via AIM to Invoker
Blue Noah information is hard to come by, but this site has some information on it.

Is it what you were looking for?
Invoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 22:51   Link #70
brianso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invoker
Blue Noah information is hard to come by, but this site has some information on it.

Is it what you were looking for?
it might be it, ill have to find it in the japantown video store and try it. ill update you. thanks so much!!!
brianso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 08:08   Link #71
Naruto
Kage Bunshin no Jutsu

Send a message via ICQ to Naruto

erm not sure if this is licensed or not. but i just like to know what anime this is. THANX!
Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 16:42   Link #72
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto

erm not sure if this is licensed or not. but i just like to know what anime this is. THANX!
Mars Daybreak
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 17:51   Link #73
Naruto
Kage Bunshin no Jutsu

Send a message via ICQ to Naruto
so is it licensed?
Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 21:53   Link #74
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto
so is it licensed?
I cannot answer that question since I have no idea what is licensed in your country or not.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 21:58   Link #75
ShinDragon

Well....... it's not licensed yet.
Cuz Animesuki still have torrent links for them.
ShinDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 02:22   Link #76
Emina

What and who is this guy?

What and who is this guy? and if its an anime what anime is it?
http://images.cosplay.com/photo.php?...n=28&u=167-218
Emina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 02:31   Link #77
Blue*Dragon

hey, that guy is from the final fantasy game. I gafe the link to one of my friend who playes final fantasy and he said that the character is from the final fantasy
Blue*Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 12:36   Link #78
Meemee

Looking for anime that starts with a "T"

I was hoping someone would be able to help me out. The anime starts with "tian" something. If I remember the characters on the title correctly, I think it translates to "tian xia tian shang" in mandarin.

It's about this high school, and apparently almost everyone there is a martial artist. There's two sisters, one who can change her form, and she usually chooses a small girl, the other is trying to marry this transfer student because he saw her naked, and by their family law, whoever sees them naked they are engaged to. The transfer student has a foreign friend. The transfer student and his foreign friend want to fight all the time and be the best, but they get beat up by the girl who turns little, and another guy who I think is the man character, but I can't think of any distinguishing characteristics.

The rest of what I remember is kind of useless facts... if anyone could help that would be great, it not that's cool too. gonna continue my search now...

:fingers: that is a very evil smiley. just wanted to say it
Meemee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 12:45   Link #79
Jumper
Shimurai

The Anime you are looking for is Tenjou Tenge, but you won't find any Torrents here on Animesuki cause this anime is already licensed in US. o_O
Jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 17:11   Link #80
kero

hey i asked before but i don't think i ever got an answer

there is an anime that is old, like over 15 years ago, it's a yellow little furry monster with a bue hat, who loves sand and hates water and can grant wishes to these four kids but they only last til dusk, they have nerdy friend who only like sbook s and a dog.

there is this other anime with this girl who has this little fairy or something, and this thing has it's own world populated by little people, all I really remember is one episode where this other girl is pretending she has lost her memory to keep a hold of this guy who likes the girl with the fairy, and in one episode the fairy thing ha a magical leaf that when touched by a person turns a colour to show their feelings.

this one is about a family of monsters, dad is a vampire, but i think the girl is normal, there is one episode where cupid goes around shooting his arrows and people fall in love with people they don't like, oh and the girl fancied a guy who was a boxer and there is a bit where it spoofs rocky

basically when i was young I had tapes of cartoons from hong kong that had random episodes of different series's

be cool if anyone knows these
kero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel