AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-07-21, 08:10   Link #1
videoman190

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K (season 2)

The anime series is confirmed a 2nd seaon!

Quote:
This year's 34th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is revealing on Monday that the television anime of Shūichi Asō's The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. manga will get a second season in early 2018.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-30, 09:04   Link #2
videoman190

http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/daily...visual/.123383

Old 2017-11-20, 08:34   Link #3
videoman190

New character update

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-aiura/.124147

Quote:
This year's 51st issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine revealed on Monday that Eri Kitamura will voice Mikoto Aiura in the second season of the television anime of Shūichi Asō's The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. manga. Kitamura previously voiced the character in the Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan: Shijō Psi Dai no Psi Nan!? Nintendo 3DS game. Mikoto is a gyaru who is good at fortune-telling, and is one of the few who knows Saiki's secret.

Yuuki Kaji as Tōma Akechi

Old 2018-01-22, 20:03   Link #4
James Rye

Is this where we talk about the first episode of Saiki's 2nd season or is there another thread for it?
Old 2018-01-23, 07:19   Link #5
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Is this where we talk about the first episode of Saiki's 2nd season or is there another thread for it?
I think it's here. A mod needs to redirect this topic to the current anime thread tho.

Spoiler for Episode 1:
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-23, 10:41   Link #6
James Rye

Yeah, I didn't even realized how much I missed Saiki till he and his OP powers showed up. And ofc Teruhashi -san with her golden god aura around her messing up his life despite his PSI powers due her unnatural luck is fun. Can't wait for Aiura Mikoto to show up. Though she got no chance I ship that girl with Saiki even more than with Teruhashi. <3
Old 2018-01-26, 08:06   Link #7
James Rye

Saiki messing up with the timeline is always a good story. Wonder how he died in that timeline three years ago. After all if he died in that timeline that means in the original one there was also a possibility of him dying to whatever cause but it didn't happened for whatever reason. The part where Nendou's dad said bye to Saiki and that he will meet him again was a little sad given we know he will die before Nendou's birth. Some things you can't change. :/

Holy crap, Nendou's taste was ero-weird to the max! If Teruhashi had worn that the world have gone up in flames! XDDD
Old 2018-01-26, 10:08   Link #8
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

God, I hate how underwatched this is, this series is comedy gold.

I originally watched season 1 in 4-minute episode format so I kind of miss that. I think the format works as it didn't make me feel the jokes get old fast, and I got some good laugh to brighten each workday.

It's not surprising Kuusuke caused WW3 in that timeline, though it's not like he truly wanted it that way, either. Guess without Kusuo he didn't have anyone else to keep him in check. And really, what could have caused Kusuo's death I wonder?
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-27, 13:00   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm glad to have this series back. To me, this is the successor to Gintama, and I can only hope it will last as long. Amusingly enough, Gintama almost hijacked the series in the first episode.

The first episode did a good job reintroducing the characters without making it feel like a drag. The way they did it was fun. 200 Ofu for Teruhashi right off the bat, nice.

I'm a sucker for time travel stories so I enjoyed the second episode even more. I'm also curious about the cause of Saiki's death in that alternate timeline. Shame he didn't spend a bit more time in it. The segment about the clothes was nice. Teruhashi can make anything look good. Wish Saiki had let her worn the clothes Nendou picked, but that could have caused a WWIII in that timeline too.
Old 2018-01-28, 15:40   Link #10
DemonneoPT

Time travel and Saiki in one single episode? This is like meeting Teruhashi for the first time and get a taste of that godly yellow aura
I also agree with @Kanon. Without a doubt the true successor to Gintama comedy is indeed here. I also liked how both shows pay homage to each other. It makes this feeling even stronger.
Old 2018-01-31, 08:16   Link #11
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

His psychic power is too strong, he was even able to pull out Elizabeth from Gintama to this one

They also know their audience well, Teruhashi's in almost every segment this season
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-04, 14:18   Link #12
James Rye

Saikoland sounds like a home I'd love to live in, it got everything, even an edible room! <3
Old 2018-02-04, 18:35   Link #13
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That guy sure went through a lot of effort to convince them he was better than them. And of course the result wasn't what he had expected.
Old 2018-02-11, 08:31   Link #14
James Rye

I like it when the series shows Teruhashi's selfish side and Saiki goes all "see, she isn't cute/perfect after all". xD
Old 2018-02-11, 13:38   Link #15
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
I like it when the series shows Teruhashi's selfish side and Saiki goes all "see, she isn't cute/perfect after all". xD
I was shocked when he called the new girl cuter than Teruhashi, I should've known he was referring to their personality. It looks like this Imu girl is going to be a fun character. Her hopeless struggle to surpass the Goddess Teruhashi should be entertaining. She doesn't realize she's been defeated as soon as she's said "offu".
Old 2018-02-13, 05:30   Link #16
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Saiki doesn't really like Teruhashi's inner personality (well, me too), so of course Imu is better in his view.

Nendou might be stupid, but he's an earnest bro
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-13, 12:00   Link #17
DemonneoPT

Looks like Teruhashi and the new girl will going to be a fun combo to watch. Her reaction to our golden goddess was priceless. I can't get enough of Saiki's common sense and thoughts regarding all the absurdity that is happening around him..lol
Old 2018-02-15, 10:10   Link #18
Roxanne
メンバー

Dont fall in love Saiki, Imu
Roxanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-17, 17:51   Link #19
James Rye

Welp, now he got two queens after him. Saikis plans are the worst. xD
Poor Ham(ster) got replaced, but at least she found a new good owner who takes properly care of her. And even takes her to school and everything. Nendou is such a good guy. <3
Old 2018-02-17, 19:40   Link #20
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I knew Saiki's plan would backfire. Now the two cutest girls in the school are pinning for him, which is bound to draw even more attention to him.

I love Saiki's parents, they're such a loving couple it's almost sickening

Tags
comedy, high school, psychic powers