AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-26, 11:44   Link #801
Jimmy C

She eventually turned over command to someone else so that she could go into the Cradle. Some would argue that perhaps she should have done that earlier.
Old 2009-06-26, 16:18   Link #802
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post
I don't know if salvaging it would be such a good idea. "Aw, Mom, I'm ready now!" "No flying your own super battleship until you turn 16!"
Totally hilarious mental image.

Most kids get a car when they turn sixteen...

The kaiser gets the cra-

VIVIO: Cradle is such a lame name for a battleship... I want something cooler...

Like what?

Vivio: How about, a 'Star Destroyer'...

*Facepalm*

Just imagine how much a parking ticket would cost if she left it in LEO over midchilda...

And then, imagine if she decided to do custom mods... You know, neon lights and such. @_@
Old 2009-06-26, 16:20   Link #803
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Just imagine how much a parking ticket would cost if she left it in LEO over midchilda...

And then, imagine if she decided to do custom mods... You know, neon lights and such. @_@
I'm sure the later could totally solve the former. Want a battleship sized add? Sure! Just pay my parking ticket and we're set to go!
Old 2009-06-26, 22:50   Link #804
xiaoamy
Magical Fan!

I know Craddle is one of the worst names for a space-cruiser, Jail probably randomly chose a name for it. Even though all non living things are female and Jail gave her a male name.
Well Hayate isn't good at hand to hand combat as Vita (which the drone ver. IV is capable of). Its like a partner that has a bow but without a sword. So I say Hayate isn't going to be a good partner for Vita, but she could be a good helper in destroying the reactor in which she did..
Old 2009-06-27, 01:55   Link #805
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Jail didn't name it, it was already called that. Considering that aside from being a warship, it was also the place where the entire royal family was born and raised, Cradle is wuite a fitting name I'd say.
Old 2009-06-29, 23:41   Link #806
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
With a ship like that, were they a mobile empire or a stationary, both?

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2009-06-30, 00:05   Link #807
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I'm kinda of the impression that the Cradle serves like a cross between a naval armada's capital ship and Air Force One: It's the most powerful military vessel at the Sankt Kaiser's disposal, but it's also large and luxurious enough to be considered a mobile castle where the royal family can execute their reign backed up by tremendous firepower.

It's also important to remember that the Ancient Belkans exactly didn't build the Cradle, since it's mentioned that even they considered the Cradle a Lost Logia. Hence they probably just dug up the Cradle, saw what it can do and what they can do with it, and hence put it to work.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-06-30, 00:10   Link #808
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Well, I had forgotten that it was also a Lost Logia. Damn, this sounds like the Thran Empire. I need to kick my butt sometimes.

If only Yuuno dug up an Ornithopter and had a zealous brother... nah.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2009-06-30, 07:22   Link #809
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Ehm... In that booklet translation was talked about tech? transfers from AH. So i don't think it was dug out. Actually it's entirely possible Saints line were AH emigrants...

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2009-06-30, 21:35   Link #810
xiaoamy
Magical Fan!

I still remember in the omake that one of the numbers asked Jail why was his ship given a males name which was suppose to be a females....but I forgot what's Jail's answer
Anyway, I think in Nanoha STS "every battle could be your last" quote isn't much help at all, I mean, except that a normal soldier vs a S ranked mage, all the characters seemed to not worry at all, they seem to enjoy it. (not in the one that they lost during the attack on the headquarters)
Old 2009-06-30, 22:09   Link #811
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoamy View Post
I still remember in the omake that one of the numbers asked Jail why was his ship given a males name which was suppose to be a females....but I forgot what's Jail's answer
Anyway, I think in Nanoha STS "every battle could be your last" quote isn't much help at all, I mean, except that a normal soldier vs a S ranked mage, all the characters seemed to not worry at all, they seem to enjoy it. (not in the one that they lost during the attack on the headquarters)
On the contrary, it is quite relevant. Victory and defeat are separated by a very thin line, of which could be crossed in an instant. To enjoy your fight is one thing, but to underestimate your enemy and make light of any fight is a terrible mistake for master and amateur alike to make. All too often we have seen underdog heroes defeat their vastly superior opponent by taking advantage of a single weakness, usually pride.

In other words, the quote means to always fight well, fight hard, and fight to win. Defeat is only one mistake away, and it may be your last.
Old 2009-07-01, 21:49   Link #812
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

D-Day, Brecourt Manor Assault. "Follow me."

I believe in miracles.

Old 2009-07-20, 15:36   Link #813
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Well, a question then. What is the true purpose of the T.S.A.B.? If some rookie group has to create some sort of lost logia thing then is lost logia not their primary concern? I know that they could be viewed as some sort of transdimensional police force, but that's a bit weak. That's like replacing roman empire (belka) with the american federation (tsab). Still, they exist for what?

They aren't grabbing and sequestering mages yet they are eager for new talent even if former enemies. The navy has the big guns, but otherwise no other known purpose. Do they just explore worlds and dimensions? Almost makes them like a glorified taxi service with a bazooka instead of a glock for backup.

Old 2009-07-20, 16:49   Link #814
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
Well, a question then. What is the true purpose of the T.S.A.B.? If some rookie group has to create some sort of lost logia thing then is lost logia not their primary concern? I know that they could be viewed as some sort of transdimensional police force, but that's a bit weak. That's like replacing roman empire (belka) with the american federation (tsab). Still, they exist for what?

They aren't grabbing and sequestering mages yet they are eager for new talent even if former enemies. The navy has the big guns, but otherwise no other known purpose. Do they just explore worlds and dimensions? Almost makes them like a glorified taxi service with a bazooka instead of a glock for backup.
Well, first, i am unsure if they have powerful weapons on normal times (in A's, they have to be refitted with the arc en ciel).

Second, we know they do various things like nature reserves, search and rescue, police, looking for lost logia, etc.

But, yeah, we don't know the extent of it. So far, their real role is a bit sketchy.
Old 2009-07-21, 01:46   Link #815
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post

I'm reminded of schlock mercenary... "Check my mass and drive specs, control, you're going to want me somewhere high and out of the way." "Egad. How does the Lesser Magellanic Cloud suit you?"

Quote:
...pimp my superdreadnought?
Old 2009-07-21, 03:11   Link #816
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
The best analogue to the TSAB I've seen is Star Trek TNG's United Federation of Planets. A governing body with an exploratory and policing objective, with a defensive military on the side.
Old 2009-07-21, 10:45   Link #817
Once and Current Subber

Nope, the TSAB isn't the Federation.

For one thing, it seems a lot less worried about holding territory per se. This makes sense if you consider that they're dimensional travelers, and so at least theoretically there's infinite space for them to expand into; no need to scrap over individual planets. (This might explain the lack of outside threats - maybe there just aren't any, maybe there are except they're way, way, way off and not actually competing with the TSAB for territory.)

They definitely don't have a Prime Directive. They don't interfere with non-magical worlds, but the implication is less "so that they will be able to develop culturally without interference" so much as "because we don't actually give a damn about them". (Japanese authors don't have the oppression of indigenous peoples in their history. Or rather, they do, but they aren't expected to be contrite about it! ;p) There was never an implication that they needed to remove mages from Earth in order to protect Earth.

I'd venture that Mid's focus is defensive, because outside the lines of their map, there's definitely "here thar be Dragons". Bad things can come get Mid, especially those lovely Lost Logia which occasionally destroy entire civilizations, either malevolently or because nobody has the manual anymore. Mid spends a lot of time trying to look for, and lock down, that sort of thing; given that we know there was a catastrophe in relatively recent Mid history, such an outlook is eminently reasonable.
Old 2009-08-10, 18:43   Link #818
Dark Wing

So after reading the first chapter of Force it has come to my attention that the main is in fact a "treasure hunter" so I guess this means that mages don't have to join or register to the TSAB after all.

So would that mean that there are rouge mages running around?

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2009-08-10 at 19:46.
Old 2009-08-10, 19:21   Link #819
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

That's what keeps e Bureau in business. Amongst other things of internal affairs. But yes we can only guess at e workings using clues direct as well as implied.

The fact that e organization is said to rule all known administrated worlds indicates a rather dystopic true self sequestered by media control n years of buying out it's own citizens. Stuff too heavy for a magical girl series even for Nanoha, hence why we only see a perfect impossible world scenario.

But since a dystopia called Singapore exists in our world, i believe that's how e Bureau actually works. It's big guns are in fact to cow their own people since by banning conventional weapons n seeking to recruit all mages, though not so hell bent that individual freedom is curbed, it limits the ability of e people to fight back. And then calling any dissident criminal... See where i'm going?

This is why I see the functioning of the Bureau, in absence of all OC influence, rather suspiciously.
Old 2009-08-10, 19:45   Link #820
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
That's what keeps e Bureau in business. Amongst other things of internal affairs. But yes we can only guess at e workings using clues direct as well as implied.

The fact that e organization is said to rule all known administrated worlds indicates a rather dystopic true self sequestered by media control n years of buying out it's own citizens. Stuff too heavy for a magical girl series even for Nanoha, hence why we only see a perfect impossible world scenario.

But since a dystopia called Singapore exists in our world, i believe that's how e Bureau actually works. It's big guns are in fact to cow their own people since by banning conventional weapons n seeking to recruit all mages, though not so hell bent that individual freedom is curbed, it limits the ability of e people to fight back. And then calling any dissident criminal... See where i'm going?

This is why I see the functioning of the Bureau, in absence of all OC influence, rather suspiciously.
Strange enough this actually sounds a lot like the main plot behind that Nanoha doujin "BetrayerS"

Also this might explain why summoner tribes like Core's on Alzus are still around and not very modernized.

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2009-08-10 at 19:57.
Closed Thread