AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black 2nd Season - Episode 02 Rating
Perfect 10 45 38.14%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 30.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 21.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.78%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.85%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-21, 06:33   Link #201
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Yes it was really him, and Suou charged in there obviously to stop him from killing November. When Hei electrocuted him, she didn't see it coming; it's not like she's a super fighter who can keep up with Hei's attacks, especially when a professional like November couldn't. As for why, she's obviously not big on killing people, at least not at the moment. (and we don't know for any fact that she really will use that big-@$$ rifle on people later on)
You never know...she might go rabbit hunting
I agree she doesn't want to see anyone get hurt. I mean she knew Hei killed her father and she still didn't bring a weapon or something with her to try to kill him to get revenge or something . Maybe she was just unprepared at that time but either way she's a 13 year old girl and you can tell she's scared of people dying thus the many questions she asked Hei at that time.

And about the meteor fragment origins. Well it doesn't really matter from which star it came I think. During that episode in the first season a lot of contractors died so we'll probaly never find out.
Anyways we can assume they were in Vladivostok back then as well. So it's 1+ from the japanese time (Seriously though why is it 1+ and China is 1- from Japan when Vladivostock is really close to the border with China and Japan is further East )

Back ot topic Shion seems to be able to use telepathy but that probably doesn't put much strain on him since well last time he used his ability he couldn't walk for two years. You might say it's a really strong ability or he just has no luck with his remuneration (it's not that for sure )

About "When Contractors become Regressors, their star's luminosity fades from observable magnitudes (it disappears from the sky). The same happens when a Contractor's ability is forcefully suppressed (Mai), sometimes becoming Moratoriums."
Either way Hei has lost his powers for now. I think no one though he lost them permanently. It's just temporary. This might be a reason for them to go back to Japan and meet Misaki. (since the gate is there)
Spoiler for DtB season 1:

The interesting thing though is that part of his power seemed to have transfered to that medalion (which I originally thought was part of the meteor fragment but since Hei didn't pay any attention to it I decided it wasn't).
Spoiler for DtB season 1:
So I think Suou didn't get any of that. I mean if she did I think the star would still be bright. But well she also needs to become a contractor at one point (since she looks like one on the posters) and it will be really unbeliavable to just happen without a reason like this one.

I'd like to see Amber as well but I doubt we will. It can hapen though - you never know.
Old 2009-10-21, 15:19   Link #202
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
I'd like to see Amber as well but I doubt we will. It can hapen though - you never know.
Let's keep praying, it would be pretty awsome if she made a come-back because the first season had a bit of a sad ending if you ask me.
Old 2009-10-21, 18:12   Link #203
Peachilicious

The more I watch this episode the more I like it, strangely enough. I can't wait to see more of that blonde woman that was in Egypt. Assuming she's a contractor, I'm wondering what her abilities are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
PS: what did Suou call Hei after that groping, Echi, Baka, *something*, Hentai ?
"Chikan" I think, meaning pervert/molester.
Old 2009-10-21, 18:17   Link #204
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

For some reason I think that the blonde woman is the twin's mother. No real reason why, just thought it would tie her more closely into the plot.
Old 2009-10-21, 19:48   Link #205
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Let's keep praying, it would be pretty awsome if she made a come-back because the first season had a bit of a sad ending if you ask me.
Id like to see Amber again as well, as I am rewatching season one it has reminded me how much I liked her.

Even if its only a metaphysical appearance.

Also, if Suoh becomes a contractor like Hei, I look for it to be at the end. What I really want to see is for her to become like Hei when he was with his sister as a contractor.

Is there anyone else under the school of thought that Hei may die and Suoh becomes the next Black Reaper?

Just an idea im throwing out there.
Old 2009-10-21, 20:35   Link #206
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
Id like to see Amber again as well, as I am rewatching season one it has reminded me how much I liked her.

Even if its only a metaphysical appearance.

Also, if Suoh becomes a contractor like Hei, I look for it to be at the end. What I really want to see is for her to become like Hei when he was with his sister as a contractor.

Is there anyone else under the school of thought that Hei may die and Suoh becomes the next Black Reaper?

^ Just in case the dvd/blu-ray sales might sell good (probably will) they won't kill of Hei. He's like the main symbol of this show but i agree that Suoh might walk the same path. I'm sure she'll take a big liking to Hei to the point that she refuses to leave him at the end and stay with him. *For all viewers, Suoh asked herself in the beginning of the this season -What is love?-* I think being with Hei will finally answer her question in the last episode.

Anyone else who thinkes that Hei is planning something with accepting to take work from the CIA? I'm sure he'll betray the CIA at some point like he did with the syndicate.
Old 2009-10-21, 20:50   Link #207
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Anyone else who thinkes that Hei is planning something with accepting to take work from the CIA? I'm sure he'll betray the CIA at some point like he did with the syndicate.
I think that's almost a given. Once he gets what he wants, it's goodbye to the CIA. The real question is just what he might want--and most people seem to think it's something related to Yin.
Old 2009-10-21, 20:52   Link #208
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It could be he's working with the CIA just because its one of the top organizations and knows (perhaps even cares) the least about him, so it would make sense to group with them.
Old 2009-10-21, 21:01   Link #209
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post

The female viewers would scream bloody murder.
Old 2009-10-21, 21:01   Link #210
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
It could be he's working with the CIA just because its one of the top organizations and knows (perhaps even cares) the least about him, so it would make sense to group with them.
I don't think they're treating him very well, though. From the conversation he had with the CIA informant in episode two, it sounded like they were holding something over his head.
Old 2009-10-21, 21:23   Link #211
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
I don't think they're treating him very well, though. From the conversation he had with the CIA informant in episode two, it sounded like they were holding something over his head.
Hm, blackmail. You can only have information or something material. In the case of information it wouldn't make sense to group with them since stealing it is both faster and the only way to get it (given the circumstance); since if your dog gets the last piece of food he needs he won't be your dog anymore. As for material goods, can't be something he wants from them since option "steal" works too well for that too, he also doesn't have any connections to any object. So if it is blackmail, its probably a person? though not many people/things he knew still breathing from last season to fill that spot.

Or its nothing and he's just using this as a temporary job; maybe a case of mutual benefit. Kinda worried if its that, looking at his coat.
Old 2009-10-21, 22:03   Link #212
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
The female viewers would scream bloody murder.
I started this anime well before I read popular opinion of it.

Damn it all to hell, similar thing happened to me with xxxHolic.
Old 2009-10-21, 22:09   Link #213
Xacual

Honestly I'm assuming some kind of blackmail. Hei at the end of S1 was basically on the run from everyone with Yin. He knew that the Syndicate had people placed in every organization. Joining up with one now makes the reasoning very suspect.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-10-22, 04:54   Link #214
Joe_fh

I'm pretty sure Suou will go down the same road as Hei did. At least all those hints in the op and the whole theme of DtB s2 suggest that.

One of the main things in DtB s2 leaving aside the awesome story, characters and the whole concept is the girl which life is destryoed and she lossese everything. After that she has a choice and we're following on that - in which direction will she chose to go. And from the OP you could clearly see that especially with all those lonely landscapes and the contrast between her past and the "future". (Or they're just teasing us with that scenes -which I'm sure is not the case)

CIA is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) intelligence agencies in the world so they're bound to have info on things no one else knows. And it's probably not that easy to get that as well. Whatever the reason I think Hei is working with the CIA to get his hands ot that "info" which is probably related too what happened to Yin or the Sindicate. Blackmail is still an option but I'm leaning more towards the "information in exchange for getting the meteor fragment" side.
Old 2009-10-22, 06:43   Link #215
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I want Amber back as well.... (or just show that she still exist somewhere..) D:

Anyway, for the moment i would enjoy more Hei x Suou teasing. Just teasing.. yeah... just teasing

I suspect Hei only work with CIA (not "work for") due to common interests. Because if he really work for them, it's ridiculous that the top organization of the world can't buy him a new coat and new mask...
Old 2009-10-22, 23:02   Link #216
Megrim27

I'm thinking one of the things the CIA could offer Hei is some amount of protection. Hei didn't prevent the Syndicate from trying to kill off the contractors ever again, he only prevented that one attempt. There's nothing that says they can't try the same exact thing the next go around. If I was the Syndicate I'd put a worldwide hit on on him to make sure he can't do the same thing again. I'm sure the Syndicate has people in the CIA, but it's probably a loose confederation, not a tight knit group. Why kill off such a good operative now, when there's ample time before the next conjunction?
Old 2009-11-18, 23:12   Link #217
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Damn... a good episode, really. Though, I'm now wondering two things: A) What exactly happened to Yin? I suspect she probably vanished rather than died B) Is he hopefully going to clean up his appearance? He looks like a drunken hobo...

and of course, whatever at the end with that field and Suou's pendant... well, I'm waiting for EP 3 to DL to find out the answers to these questions

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Closed Thread