AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st - rating
Perfect 10 61 43.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 30.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 8.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 12.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.72%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.16%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-29, 13:25   Link #241
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Anyway, we pretty much have evidence in the fact that Precia never called Fate "Alicia" and in fact, named her after the project. Fate has no memories of Precia calling her "Alicia" just the implanted ones.

So even though Precia might have initially tried to see Fate as Alicia, it was a very short time before she considered it mostly a failure, named the thing Fate, and made plans to train her as a mage via Linith. She must have realized a clone would never take her daughter's place, so she needed to focus on bringing Alicia back to life.

Fate was a tool, from very near the get go.
Old 2010-01-29, 13:30   Link #242
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

I do believe Precia was trying to create Alicias equal, it was her plan before going batshit crazy on an impossible journey to al-hazard. It makes absolutely no sense for her to create a clone of her daughter only to force her to do bad things while torturing her. Her original intent had to be more pure than that. A short time is better than no time.

Ahwell, in the end it was her loss, Lol.

-Reply was not directed at Kaijo.

Last edited by Demi.; 2010-01-29 at 13:45.
Old 2010-01-29, 15:01   Link #243
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Ahwell, in the end it was her loss, Lol.
Knowing Precia, I doubt she saw it as much of a loss.

Quote:
Hello quality animation! Oh man, eye candy.
Old 2010-01-29, 15:16   Link #244
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post

Hello quality animation! Oh man, eye candy.
You have no idea how much you made my day.
Old 2010-01-29, 15:19   Link #245
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radianbeam

That is why it is my job as a spectator, to laugh at all the bad choices she's made.

Though in all seriousness, she may not of seen it as a loss, but if she didn't let the past cloud her future...She really had something nice going for her.
Old 2010-01-29, 15:28   Link #246
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
She's about 9. Some of them start early, you see.
*laughs too hard and dies*
Old 2010-01-29, 15:31   Link #247
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Precia despised Fate and deemed her 'imperfect' simply because she had magical abilities whereas Alicia didn't. (according to someone who's read the Chinese translations to the light novel)

Also, absolutely love Fate's gentle and loving smile.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2010-01-29, 15:33   Link #248
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

So basically, Precia hated Fate just because Fate had magical potential? Oh, sure...that makes perfect sense. I swear, that women is crazy (oh, wait...she already was...).

Although, it does explain why Precia sent out Fate to collect the Jewel Seeds; she needed someone to do her bidding...
Old 2010-01-29, 16:08   Link #249
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe View Post
Precia despised Fate and deemed her 'imperfect' simply because she had magical abilities whereas Alicia didn't. (according to someone who's read the Chinese translations to the light novel)

Also, absolutely love Fate's gentle and loving smile.
The novels have a different continuity. Also, you're reading an English translation to a Chinese translation to story written in Japanese. Expect some mistranslations.
Old 2010-01-29, 16:15   Link #250
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

The light novels are not proven to have a different continuity. Some people choose to not hold them as canon because they don't know enough about the light novels to make a decision. Still, the light novels were used to end that familiar debate, so this should be no different...Considering we're talking about the motives behind the characters, and not the continuity of the series. And technically speaking, most choose to hold the movie as a different continuity as well (you are one of them). Considering we are referring to the movie now, the first season should have no place in this conversaion if you want to bring up the continuity law. And if both the first season and the novel is rejected, we've got nothing.

The novel is more to go on than Precia's comment that made no sense in the first season, at least.
Old 2010-01-29, 16:37   Link #251
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
The light novels are not proven to have a different continuity. Some people choose to not hold them as canon because they don't know enough about the light novels to make a decision. Still, the light novels were used to end that familiar debate, so this should be no different...Considering we're talking about the motives behind the characters, and not the continuity of the series. And technically speaking, most choose to hold the movie as a different continuity as well (you are one of them). Considering we are referring to the movie now, the first season should have no place in this conversaion if you want to bring up the continuity law. And if both the first season and the novel is rejected, we've got nothing.

The novel is more to go on than Precia's comment that made no sense in the first season, at least.
With the problem that the novels *are* a different continuity. For one thing, there is a battle at the bridge(Where Fate ends up carrying Nanoha) at the end of the first "season" while in the TV series, they just talk and then Fate beams up.

And as I mentioned, the whole "Precia hates Fate because of magic" seems to be based off a translation of a translation of a story in another language. With the other caveat that it makes no sense; why would Precia hate Fate because she had magic? There's no sign of it in the movie, so we're left with the standard reason that Precia hated Fate because she was not Alicia, and instead a "thing" that wore her daughters face, reminding her daily of what she lost.

That's what drove her over the edge.

In the absence of evidence, it's more logically to conclude Precia's reasoning is more based on the more logically sound TV version.

But feel free to make up whatever reasons you feel like, if it fills in the gaps of a fanfic for you, or something.
Old 2010-01-29, 16:54   Link #252
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
With the problem that the novels *are* a different continuity. For one thing, there is a battle at the bridge(Where Fate ends up carrying Nanoha) at the end of the first "season" while in the TV series, they just talk and then Fate beams up.

And as I mentioned, the whole "Precia hates Fate because of magic" seems to be based off a translation of a translation of a story in another language. With the other caveat that it makes no sense; why would Precia hate Fate because she had magic? There's no sign of it in the movie, so we're left with the standard reason that Precia hated Fate because she was not Alicia, and instead a "thing" that wore her daughters face, reminding her daily of what she lost.

That's what drove her over the edge.

In the absence of evidence, it's more logically to conclude Precia's reasoning is more based on the more logically sound TV version.

But feel free to make up whatever reasons you feel like, if it fills in the gaps of a fanfic for you, or something.
I'm aware of that second fight, but I don't recall it conflicting with the original series continuity. It may have simply been something the first season left out.

Telling why Precia would hate Fate for knowing magic is simple - Because it means Alicia did not. However, you're making no less assumptions then I am. You have nothing to go on other than a few words a crazy lady said at the end...Which has no basis, because her words were completely false to Fate's nature. Precia hating Fate for having Alicias face is another assumption, as that was stated nowhere.

You don't know what the movie will have, so you can't say it is not evident in the movie, because you never watched the movie. There is nothing logical about using the TV version if you consider the movie another continuity. The novels were very similar to the T.V. version as well, except for the few discrepancies which could have simply been there to fill in gaps.

I'll agree to end on a stalemate, but you're not right as you have no facts; similar to me. But hey, maybe we can have a joint project fanfic, if you'd like.
_______

Anyways, remember how they said there would be a naked loli scene? Well...apparently Nanoha has nipples during her henshin sequence.

Last edited by Demi.; 2010-01-29 at 17:22.
Old 2010-01-29, 17:25   Link #253
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
And not Fate? Damn. Fate's are much more infinitely lethal and entrancing.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2010-01-29, 17:27   Link #254
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Anyways, remember how they said there would be a naked loli scene? Well...apparently Nanoha has nipples during her henshin sequence.
Isn't she only nine? o_O
Old 2010-01-29, 17:29   Link #255
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

-Radiantbeam

She is...they're not exactly developed, but they're there all the same.

@Vizard - I'm not sure tbh. I've only found one image with Fate's henshin, and it's her lower half. But going by 2ch's reaction to her henshin...I can imagine it is pretty explicit.
http://nanohasan.jp/movie1stupld/img...0128224344.jpg
Old 2010-01-29, 17:57   Link #256
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
She is...they're not exactly developed, but they're there all the same.

Note to self: skip over all of the henshin sequences, if possible. Not that I wasn't going to anyway, but now this gives me an even better reason for it.
Old 2010-01-29, 18:14   Link #257
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
*Groans. And I'd wish they'd have less of that stuff. I mean, it'd be ok for StrikerS, but not so much here.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-01-29, 18:20   Link #258
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

I'll admit to loving the henshin sequences...The addition of nipples was a bit excessive, though.
Old 2010-01-29, 18:28   Link #259
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

I never liked the henshin sequences... always bordered on the edge of Squick for me, considering they were little kids. Heck, even the full grown henshin sequences in StrikerS never interested me all that much. Either way, I'll probably be skipping over that.
Old 2010-01-29, 20:45   Link #260
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Henshin sequences are more a guy thing, I think. NanoFate are cute, and It's only perverted if you make it that way. They really seem to try their best with the henshin...The A's NanoFateHayate(orz, that almost makes it sound like they're all one entity) henshin was like the best animation I saw in the entire series, lol.

The nipples however, are not unnecessary.