AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-02-24, 05:52   Link #41
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Sorry to be a bother.

And as for the pandora bat...

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-...ware-part-one/

and...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/573049

Refer to both guides for more info... The first one is more convoluted, but it is relatively safer.

Follow the instructions there. Once you have completed that...I'll tell you how to upgrade further.

Oh, and by the way, have you checked whether your PSP is of the motherboard TA-88 v 3 yet?

Check... http://www.qj.net/psp/homebrew-appli...nhackable.html

In fact, do that first, if your PSP is TA-88 v 3, have to do it another way.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 10:10   Link #42
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Any luck, ED?

Old 2010-02-28, 20:11   Link #43
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Uh, sorry for taking so long to reply...I was working on some updates on my website and forgot about replying on this thread. Sorry.

Anyway, I looked up that "motherboard checker" website you suggested and...to be honest, I'm quite confused by the instructions it gives, which seem to make no sense to me. I downloaded the necessary file on the site, but afterwards I got stumped by some of the steps it listed, like:

"Copy each firmware EBOOT, both 3.90 and 4.05, to the root of your memory stick. Launch the TA-088v3 Identifier (GETIPL) from a homebrew-enabled PSP and it will extract and create the IPLs; if you’re good to go, the app should auto-exit in 10 seconds. This leaves you with an “ipl390.bin” and “ipl405.bin” file in the memory stick’s root."

"From a homebrew-enabled PSP"...Well, you see my problem. Even disregarding this problem, I don't understand how to launch the Identifier when it's on the memory stick. Could you please explain to me what I should do here? (Once again, sorry about my ignorance on PSPs.)

Now, leaving that aside, I'd like to make an announcements for any who are interested. Currently, I am redesigning the organization of scenes on my website. (Instead of doing it by Day, I'm filing them by Location, making it much easier to keep track of them.) Although this may seem like it makes it harder for finding a scene, I believe this new method will make things less confusing and easier to understand for those searching on the site. Until these changes are complete, however, there will be no new updates to the site. Don't worry though, it will, at the very most, probably take till Thursday this week (more like Monday or Tuesday, if there are no interruptions at home). I hope you'll all be patient until then.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 08:49   Link #44
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Ahh, sorry for the confusion, in that case, never mind the second part... I completely forgot that your PSP is not homebrew enabled yet, gomen.

Well, in that case, you already have a Pandora battery, so I suggest going to the first and second links in my post first, mod your PSP to be homebrew enabled, which basically means installing a custom firmware, and then you may proceed to test it.

If you have any problems with the instructions on the sites I gave you, do tell me, I can clarify, although I think those two guides are detailed enough already.

Old 2010-03-04, 22:37   Link #45
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Thanks for clearing that up! And a sorry once again for taking so long to respond. (Got caught up with the long, LONG process of re-organizing my site.) I intend to start the process tomorrow, and I'll contact you if I come across any problems.

Also, to everyone interested int his project, I'd like to announce that I've finally finished the re-organization of my site! Go take a look and see how it's been changed. I've also added the translations for Days 10 and 11.
Old 2010-03-04, 23:04   Link #46
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

The scene directory is organized quite abit, good job Eternal Dreamer.

Also, i'm glad you came on. I'm going to have my CD drive/DVD readers looked at soon, so I might be able to actually help with this. I have the sites for translation already, as i've favorited them and moved them to the top in hopes this would happen eventually.

I don't know when, but it'll be done soon. Email me if you have a particuliarly scene you need translation. Since this is geass route at the moment, do you want me to jump ahead after getting my CD drive/DVD readers looked at? Your da man, ED
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 01:34   Link #47
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Great to see the new site, it looks spiffy and nice, good to have a guideline to work on, ya know. XD

And yeah, do tell me if you have any problems, although I don't expect any to pop up.

Old 2010-03-07, 21:51   Link #48
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

As always, sorry for responding so late...(I feel a bad habit coming on.)

Anyway, first of all, to Arbitres, I would suggest you choose any scene you think is good for you to translate, preferably one in the Day 1 to 5 period. Just try choosing a route completely different from what I did until you come across a scene that hasn't been translated yet. After that, just notify me about it and you can start.

Also, to Paladinoras, thank you once again for helping me with this PSP thing for me, I'll contact you when I need help or when I'm finished. Although it might take me awhile to get around to, as a few other things have started happening in my life. But I will try and find the time to do it when I can.

And now, if you excuse me, I have a mattress on the cold hard floor to drop dead on. (Long, LONG story.)
Old 2010-03-11, 10:16   Link #49
Paladinoras
Pancakes

No problem... Well, I am sure you won't have any trouble. Good luck with modding your first PSP!

Old 2010-03-29, 19:22   Link #50
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Sorry for not updating in so long! I've been occupied with translating my first Knightmare Battle scene. (Man, that was long!) Luckily, I got some help from a person named Yamiro, who provided me with screenshots of the scene's choices, which was a big help. (Thank you, Yamiro!) Anyway, I've now finished all my scenes for Day 12, which includes, besides Automatic Scene-09 and the Knightmare Battle, a scene with Nina at the student council room and two scenes at a new location called the Black Knights' Hideout. (Look at the Scene Directory for these new locations.) Hopefully, my next scenes won't take as long to translated as these did!

Also, after looking at all the details and instructions, I've decided NOT to mod my PSP, at least for the near future. (Sorry for causing you all this trouble, Paladinoras.) Right now, with school and this project and many other things in my life, I just don't have the time to really focus on something complicated and long like this. (Besides, if I mess up because of carelessness...There goes my only PSP.) Therefore, for the time being, I'm afraid I'm going to be a burden by asking others to provide screenshots for, most specifically for Knightmare scenes. During the summer though, I might get the chance to actually get back into the modding again, so maybe things will change then.

In any case, that's all for now. My next update on my website will probably take till at least this weekend, as I have ANOTHER long automatic scene to translate on my plate. (The one at the meeting with Kyoto, to be precise.) Let's hope it doesn't drag on too much, as my eyes and body are already at their max for staring at the computer for way, WAY too long. Sigh. So TIRED.

Well, until then,
Eternal Dreamer

Last edited by Eternal Dreamer; 2010-04-06 at 16:04.
Old 2010-03-30, 05:32   Link #51
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

*spasm* You did... Narita already...?! But.. I wanted to be the one to do that...!! (That is a pun on Lloyd, btw...)

I'm getting into college in the next few weeks ED. I'm taking a japanese class. So I might actually help you with this. (My family believes adamantly that it isn't the CD drive that isn't reading it, but the disc itself. )

@Battle request: Do you mean the cut ins of them being destroyed, or do you mean displaying of choices? (so you can translate them. Like evade and attack, etc etc.)

The fight with Gilbert is coming up soon, ED. He is pretty tough to beat. Hell, I don't even know he can be beaten -- even with the Gekka... So prepare yourself for screenshots and 3-4 second time limit in choices.

I also would like to do the Kallen Boxed lunch scene for Kuro no Kishidan route (you are a safe distance away from it, so maybe I can get it without too much hassle.)

I actually translated some of it, it's a japanese dish Kallen wanted MC/Rai to try... Positive answer is /\ while negative is X for reference.

Palad has good reasons for not doing any of his workage, all I got is "..No CD drive. Ppl won't listen and they are taking their sweet time of getting me into college."

Sorry, ED. I'll tell you when I make my own miracle of Iksushima and actually DO something to help. Other then that, I'm exterior custodian useful.
Old 2010-03-30, 06:13   Link #52
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Sorry~ Finders keepers, Losers weepers! (But no hard feelings, though, right?)

Great too hear that you're getting into college! I've already been accepted to mine and will start attending after the summer. No Japanese classes, though.

As for the CD problem...Good luck with that. (I'd help, but I know nothing when it comes to those kind of things.)'

@Battle request: It's pics of the choices. (Seriously, there's no WAY you can translate everything on the screen, or even copy it all down, in just 9-4 seconds! NO. BLOODY. WAY.)

So Gilbert is coming up, huh...Well, that will be interesting. (Luckily for me, I'm always persistent when it comes to finding the winning solution in games.)

Sure you can do the Kallen Boxed lunch scene! To have someone else working on translating on this is like the sound of joyful music to my heart!!!

Just make sure to give me the Day that the scene occurs on, as well as the location of the scene, time of day and time length length. Just give those along with your translation when you're done.

And don't worry, I perfectly understand your situation. (Life has thrown me a few curve balls in the past as well. Even a few corkscrews.) Just do what you can, when you can, to get things in order in your life, at which point you'll hopefully have some more time to devote to this kind of project.

Anyway, that's all I have to say for now, Arbitres. I wish you luck with all your "challenges" in your life and look forward to seeing that translation of yours when you finish it!
Old 2010-03-30, 08:27   Link #53
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Abit of forewarning on Guilford: Depending on the choices you make before going to the battle, you might get attacked first, or you might attack him first. I can't remember which one (I'm sorry, ED.) but 'X' isn't my friend when I fight him. There are atleast 4-5 turns, each one has less then 5 seconds to respond. I've yet to win against him, but if you do win against him... Take a screenshot, I want some motivation to go back on Geass route for the upteenth millionth time and try to win solely because of that purpose. (It's too bad you never face Andreas... NOW that would be a fight.)

I'm glad you're understanding, though I feel bad for not helping until now. I've been haphazardly writing battle choices in hopes of making a walkthrough. (Though you/we we do that after completing it. I have 100% in Kuro no Kishidan Route.. So you know who to rely on! xD)

Also: We need someone with a modified ps2/japanese ps2 w/ Code Geass: Lost colors for ps2 to do everything -- I want to translate so much of JLF route because of how epic it is. (Kallen ending WILL be translated by moi!) But what about Blue Moon Route? That is a problem imo.

Heres to hoping I Do finish it. I really want to do the boxed lunch because of several reasons, along with the ever depressing JLF Kallen ending. I might have to go mortal kombat between you and Palad to get the KoK ending... But I got this from the last line of Kok "Kallen and Rai together." (goodie.. all I can give is fragments. I know, I suck.)

If it's anys tress relief, ED. I got some LC chapters on the FF thread, I take pride in my Karai, damnit!!

Also, one more thing: I still have the scene/document setup you want me to use, so don't worry about it. I'll be able to input the narration and info accordingly. I'll see what I can do about authentically translating it without playing roulette in the process. (...guesswork on what japanese I do know.)

I'm personally looking forward to when I can get past the friggin firing range on Britannia route. But oh well~~... Haphazard translation. Here I come.
Old 2010-04-05, 20:30   Link #54
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

I've finally finished Day 13! This includes a new automatic scene (10), a new scene with Milly at the Student Council Room, a scene with Mao at the public park, and finally another one again with Zero and C.C. at the command center. Check them out through the Scene Directory. Just to make things interesting, I chose the "X" option of the Mao one in my game, which, if you look at it, contains some pretty foreboding stuff there. Hopefully I won't die too soon. Heh, heh..

Also, Arbitres, for the PS2 and Blue Moon, I suggest not to worry about it for now. This project still has a LOT of translating to do even without that, so I don't think that particular route is going to be missed, at least for a while. (Although the fans of Blue Moon might disagree.) By the way, does ANYONE know why it's called Blue Moon. (Sounds like a Megaman game to me.) I've never been able to figure out that part. If anyone knows, please tell me. I'm quite curious about that little detail.

And by the way, interesting chapters in your LC fanfiction. I won't say anymore about it on this thread, but I look forward to seeing more of your work. (That first one from Rai's perspective was very...interesting)

In any case, that's all for now. I have a bunch of new scenes to translate this time around, so it'll probably take a week or more before I update again. And Arbitres, good luck with your haphazard translation! (It was exactly the same for me, until I eventually developed a system using various internet sites and good old common sense and intuition. So if you ever need any advice about that kind of thing, just ask.)
Old 2010-04-05, 22:53   Link #55
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Finished that much already ED? Very cool... Eh? What does 'X' say?... I use that option alot because then he smiles. Isn't that a positive reaction?... (Ahh hell. Should've figured when Mao smiles, it isn't good.)

I guess your right, ED. It's just I have gained a interest in BM because of.. uhh.. several reasons. Also, this is my metaphorical side, but Blue Moon might be 'once in a Blue Moon.' as in, maybe true love? Since it's the Ashford drop-off route.

Arigatou! I appreciate the praise. (Cerulean Sunset is also my favorite chapter... Just because I like the atmosphere :P)

Haphazard is putting it mildly. Then again, I don't mind. Helping with this is pretty cool, and hopefully by the time I get into college, there will still be translation to do. (thanks for the words, I appreciate them. I'll ask for help once I do a pitfall. Other then that, I don't want to bother you, since your the working mule at the moment. Hopefully me and Palad could help alot more in the future.)
Old 2010-04-13, 10:29   Link #56
Paladinoras
Pancakes

As a note, I do have a modded PS2, but I don't have the game itself... and there is just no way I can buy online... I don't have PayPal and I have no idea how Western Union works, so yeah.

And take your time, ED, I am busy with college work right now myself and I shamefully confess that I have not touched my PSP for the past month...maybe two. X(

Well, good luck to the both of ya, I'll try to translate a scene very soon.

Old 2010-04-13, 10:44   Link #57
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Oh, how lovely. See? Palad has a modded Ps2, but it also seems we are up the creak without a paddle. imagine that.

I'm rough drafting the boxed lunch scene, actually. The most I got is out of Kallen, /\ is positive response and 'X' is negative.

FYI I'm not doing negative until much later. By the way, Paladinoras.... Eternal dreamer gave me leave to do the entirety of Kuro no Kishidan route </3

Nah, Much as I would love to do that... All I'm really after is Kallen specific scenes... (I don't care if it's a death trap, I so wanna do the Black Knight hot spring trip. lovely.)

...How much have you translated again, Palad? Okay, I'll be quiet now.
Old 2010-04-14, 11:09   Link #58
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Nada, zip, zilch! XD

I have just been so preoccupied with so much stuff lately that Code Geass has been tossed to the back of my head, and so...my priorities list. X(

Old 2010-04-20, 21:06   Link #59
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Well, it's been a while! Sorry for taking so long to update again; I had a LOT of new scenes to translate for Day 14. In fact, I haven't even finished all of them. I've only managed to get as far as all the scenes from Morning to Midday, which includes (Morning Scenes) another scene with Mao in the park (shudder), a scene with C.C. at the hangar, Ohgi in the Shinjuku Ghetto, Kallen and Lelouch in the courtyard, Nunnally on the rooftop (that one's really sweet), (Midday scenes) an automatic scene with C.C., Cecile in the courtyard, Sugiyama in the hangar, Ohgi in the lounge, Zero in the command center, Lelouch and Nunnally on the rooftop (FINALLY we hear the truth about them being royalty!)...You can see how much I had to do. Even after all that, I still have a LONG automatic scene to do. (The one with the battle at the docks.) Since I found this was taking a while, I decided to just post these ones now and continue what I'm doing, as I'm probably going to take a while with just this one scene. Hopefully I'll get it out soon enough!

Also, Palad, I perfectly understand that you have things in your life. (Believe, I know ALL too well. ) As for the PS2 version...Well, I don't know what we're going to do on that count, but we'll figure something out. (Eventually. ) I myself had to buy my PSP game on Ebay with help from my parents (had to pay them back later, but it was worth it), so if you can't buy it online, I'm not sure that there's many other ways to get it. Sure there isn't anyone you know with Paypal or something who would be willing to help you out? (Though that's none of my business, really. )
Old 2010-04-24, 03:54   Link #60
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Well, I have a friend, but he charges me extra... like, 20% for each transaction I use with his account. I mean...not a lot, but in my terms, it very well is.

Plus the game itself is pretty rare.