AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-01, 08:03   Link #2041
Serpit

I quit OMK before the last major overhaul (1.10, I think).

Just wondering, does CROSS still have terrible keyboard support? If so, is there a working fix already? IIRC, OMK got one within a few days.
Old 2012-01-01, 08:19   Link #2042
Walterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpit View Post
I quit OMK before the last major overhaul (1.10, I think).

Just wondering, does CROSS still have terrible keyboard support? If so, is there a working fix already? IIRC, OMK got one within a few days.
You can always buy a gamepad and go with it. I'm debating buying one for this game.

In anycase, you will have fun with cross.

In related news, encoding the video and soon uploading it. I may have forgotten quite a bit of stuff, so my apologies. If my voice is hard to understand, it's because I'm heavily accented and that causes me to sound like I have some issues.

I will link the video here when it's done uploading and all.

If you have any experiences that are worth sharing, please do so because this game is awesome.
Old 2012-01-01, 08:43   Link #2043
Serpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walterion View Post
You can always buy a gamepad and go with it. I'm debating buying one for this game.

In anycase, you will have fun with cross.
Well, I could also play with a PS3 or 360 controller, but I honestly prefer the keyboard. I remember the key rebind used to circumvent the original bad keyboard support no longer working after the patch, but I never really found out if they made a new version. Really, I'm just asking if anyone knows if the old version somehow works or if a new one is coming out or anything.
Old 2012-01-01, 08:45   Link #2044
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
I'm actually rather disapointed in the lack of Arcade endings for B.Battler...the only one i've found is B.Battler/Shannon...which was a good mindscrew. That "I know your a virgin" picture from Ryu's blog hasn't appeared yet, so maybe I missed an ending...
These are the ones i've found. Does anyone know of the rest? Preferably ones from Ougon X :b

Jessica/Kanon
Jessica/George
George/Shannon
Battler/Rosa
B.Battler/Shannon
Ange/Erika
Dlanor/Virgilia
Dlanor/Erika

@Keybinder question
There will probably be a keybinder, but i've found that playing in Princess Mode more than makes up for the keyboards flaws.
Old 2012-01-01, 09:08   Link #2045
Walterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azule View Post
I'm actually rather disapointed in the lack of Arcade endings for B.Battler...the only one i've found is B.Battler/Shannon...which was a good mindscrew. That "I know your a virgin" picture from Ryu's blog hasn't appeared yet, so maybe I missed an ending...
These are the ones i've found. Does anyone know of the rest? Preferably ones from Ougon X :b
I have a few pairs here:

Erika-Dlanor
Erika-Ange
Dlanor-Virgilia
Rosa-Battler
Rosa-Beatrice
Rosa-Eva
Rosa-Siesta
Jessica-Shannon
Jessica-Kanon
Jessica-George
George-Beatrice
George-Ronove
George-Shannon

Now, regarding Black Battler's quotes, they only trigger if he delivers the finishing blow. Probably in your case you got Shannon doing the job more than Black Battler.
Old 2012-01-01, 09:12   Link #2046
Serpit

Got a bit of a problem with installation. Or rather, the game seems to have installed, and when Is atrt it, I get the CROSS opening, but it still seems to be OMK 1.10, with the same characters as before.

Last edited by Serpit; 2012-01-01 at 09:50.
Old 2012-01-01, 10:08   Link #2047
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpit View Post
Got a bit of a problem with installation. Or rather, the game seems to have installed, and when Is atrt it, I get the CROSS opening, but it still seems to be OMK 1.10, with the same characters as before.
Someone apparantly solved this by manually copying the files from the CD instead of using the installer.
Old 2012-01-01, 10:19   Link #2048
Serpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMoonMist View Post
Someone apparantly solved this by manually copying the files from the CD instead of using the installer.
Thanks. I actually solved the problem myself - somehow, by deleting all excess files in the original 1.10 folder, including the keybinder stuff. Then it suddenly worked.

Anyway, I can't really figure out how to actually play a decent game in Princess mode, so i guess I'll wait for the next keybinder anyway <_<
Old 2012-01-01, 10:27   Link #2049
Walterion

And I thought this game wouldn't be hard at all.

Spoiler:

I guess I'm wrong and should go back to the strategy board.
Old 2012-01-01, 11:00   Link #2050
James Lame
ahaha.wav

Man I'm really liking that 2 bar super from B. Battler.
Old 2012-01-01, 11:36   Link #2051
Azule
Golden Witch

I'm thinking that might explain why there's a distinct lack of B.Battler, Erika and Dlanor Arcade Runs - there's two arcades. Also explains why B.Battler never shows up in the arcade..

And when there's 511 things in the artbox, there's probably going to be more than 35 CG's...look in the OP, there's clearly a B.Battler/Kanon CG there.
Old 2012-01-01, 11:41   Link #2052
Walterion

And my other video finished uploading, detailing new stuff added an all the features.
It's more like an informative video with a little bit of gameplay added. Posted in the next spoilers.

Spoiler:

Have fun, and my apologies if my voice is hard to hear and/or understand.
Old 2012-01-01, 11:59   Link #2053
Mitsu Aoi
Undine in the box T_T

Send a message via Yahoo to Mitsu Aoi
Any news on the new cast Seiyuu?
Really Curious on Dlanor :3

Canned Tomato Soup and Avocado Flavored Noodles are her favorites.
Old 2012-01-01, 12:06   Link #2054
Azrail
Storm Vanguard

Most "remixed" songs seem to only have a few parts skimmed off but a few of them are fairly different. Although I like the originals more, for the most part. Are any of these in the PS3 Chiru or are they unique to Ougon?
Old 2012-01-01, 12:19   Link #2055
Snow_Storm
Welcome to primetime!

Is it bad that I'm hoping that the ultimate Umineko troll (Bernkastel) winds up becoming bottom tier and complete shit?

Old 2012-01-01, 12:20   Link #2056
SonozakiUshiromiya
Reading your tale. :)

@Azule
Actually, that's the Battler/Kanon ending from X. I always figured his eyes meant moreso depressed, than LOL evil. Plus the clothes don't match. I assumed it was kinda Bolivian Army Ending-ish, but we'll see.
Old 2012-01-01, 12:21   Link #2057
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsu Aoi View Post
Any news on the new cast Seiyuu?
Really Curious on Dlanor :3
It's been confirmed ever since the PS3 cast was:

Natsuko Kuwatani as Erika
Miyuki Sawashiro as Dlanor
Shizuka Ito as Gertrude
Risa Asaki as Cornelia
Mitsuki Saiga as Zepar
Eri Sendai as Furfur
Michiko Neya as Hachijo
Hiroki Takahashi as Will
Ayako Kawasumi as Lion

(While only three of these are playable characters, practically all of these characters appear in the game in some other form.)

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2012-01-01, 12:41   Link #2058
battle22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow_Storm View Post
Is it bad that I'm hoping that the ultimate Umineko troll (Bernkastel) winds up becoming bottom tier and complete shit?
Lol. dont care . i just want to hear that sexy scream of hers when i kick her ass with culprit battler. omg.... BERN IS MAH BITCH
Old 2012-01-01, 12:45   Link #2059
Azule
Golden Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow_Storm View Post
Not really. But I really doubt that'll happen. I can see her being a souped-up version of Erika if they go with the Episode 7 one, but in Episode 8 she'll have cats and possibly ever a Featherine assist...it would be funny to see her at bottom tier, though. :b
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonozakiUshiromiya View Post
@Azule
Actually, that's the Battler/Kanon ending from X. I always figured his eyes meant moreso depressed, than LOL evil. Plus the clothes don't match. I assumed it was kinda Bolivian Army Ending-ish, but we'll see.
Oh, right. I never had a look at the X endings, and I didn't think they'd make new endings with existing characters. If that makes sense.
Old 2012-01-01, 13:19   Link #2060
Serpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azule View Post
Not really. But I really doubt that'll happen. I can see her being a souped-up version of Erika if they go with the Episode 7 one, but in Episode 8 she'll have cats and possibly ever a Featherine assist...it would be funny to see her at bottom tier, though. :b
Pretty sure she'll have her Episode 8 moves (since we got stuff like Erika's pirate hat and ship), although the cats already appeared in Episode 7. Well, not the universe-busters, but the regular ones <_<
Closed Thread