AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-06-04, 08:30   Link #1
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Exclamation This new season's been chaotic for me!

Many new anime series were aired this spring, and I started following about 13 of them, which is a big number for me anyway. Then series like Kamisama Kazoku, Inukami, Demonbane and Saiunkoku got subbed and it made the number even bigger. Not to mention I'm also following two drama series (teru teru ashita and Gal Circle) as well! I doubt I'll drop any of them.

I'm quite a disorganised person, so it's been difficult to keep up to date and remember the last episode I downloaded. I'm used to following 3 or 4 new series each season. What I'm happy about, however, is that my interest in anime has been revived because of the new season. I'm genuinely interested in every series I'm watching, and there's a range of genres. And it looks like I'll be adding a few series in Summer to my roster (Looks like a very good year for anime).
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 09:14   Link #2
Vaines
Imagination's fool

Send a message via MSN to Vaines
I suggest you try making an excel sheet where you mark all watched episodes, it'll make your life easier and remind you of what shows you still got to watch on your computer, what episodes you have dled, etc.
Vaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 09:43   Link #3
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Hey! Me too! I have a lot of old and new anime piling up ... damn it. But it's all good, because there's a lot of great shows right now like Kamisama Kazoku.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 10:01   Link #4
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
I suggest you try making an excel sheet where you mark all watched episodes
If only for that reason - its easier to use anidb "my list" function. Even easier with offline anidb client.

I use excel sheet only to keep my anime archive organized.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 12:10   Link #5
lavielove

No,this is a bad season for me,everybody become the anime reviewers.They wrote alot of first impressions made me dizzy.Sometimes I coudn't even figure out the story line of a particular series when I looking up into the threads in the forum.I don't know how much time they spend on each anime series.That's frustrating.May be I'm too pessimistic at this moment >.>
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 12:25   Link #6
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm lazy... I just put up a whiteboard by my "download center" (an old box with a large drive).
Old 2006-06-04, 12:32   Link #7
LytHka
Banned

Well, I can understand Scribble. There were over 50 new series started this season afterall. Moreover, around half of them looked very promising to me before they've started. Currently, I'm following ten of the new ones plus the old ones from previous seasons. This season was definitely a surprise in the right direction. The last fall and winter season kind of sucked for me. :\

But why the hell are you making an excel sheet to enter what you've watched and when? You're just making your life more complicated.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 13:01   Link #8
Nei

keep in mind that AniDB has users submit all the information in the database but forbids the database to be freely downloaded, and claims the ownership of all submitted data.
Whether you want to support such practices I cannot decide for you of course.
Nei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 22:29   Link #9
Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
Well, I can understand Scribble. There were over 50 new series started this season afterall. Moreover, around half of them looked very promising to me before they've started. Currently, I'm following ten of the new ones plus the old ones from previous seasons. This season was definitely a surprise in the right direction. The last fall and winter season kind of sucked for me. :\
I believe the final count I did had the total number of new spring shows listed on MOON PHASE at over 70.
Quote:
But why the hell are you making an excel sheet to enter what you've watched and when? You're just making your life more complicated.
I personally don't make a spreadsheet for each week, but I do make one to plot out all the shows at the start of any given season. It's a good way to see which shows you think you'll want to watch while weighing it against the other series that are airing on that same day.
Usually after a few weeks into the season I'll have decided on what shows I want to follow and will have more or less memorized the airdates and times for those series. So basically the spreadsheet is useless for me except at the beginning when there's just too much stuff to keep track of in your head.

I guess this would be a bad place to say that the next season is less than a month away?
At least there's not nearly as many new shows starting this summer as there were in the spring.
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 08:42   Link #10
Vaines
Imagination's fool

Quote:

I don't put down when I've watched things : only which series I've watched, am watching or wish to watch (in different types of colors), with the number of episodes watched, etc. I can keep track of what episodes I am at of a certain show (I watch lots of them at the same time and I can stop watching some for years, this makes it easier to go find which episodes i still need to watch). I also have marks for the shows, so I can check if I liked that show or not, I have a type of system which tells me if i've missed some episodes and if i've watched all episodes orderly, etc. It can be very useful, especially if you keep forgetting things like I do
Old 2006-06-05, 08:50   Link #11
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I love chaos if it means more good shows, actually. The more the merrier, especially if the ones becoming more are the good anime.
Old 2006-06-05, 09:13   Link #12
DaFool
Resident devil

Get a headstart by researching shows before the season actually begins. Also, grabbing raws during the lull before the fansubs come out help weed out the truly nasties (i.e. Gun Musashi)

I just use a text file listing the show name and the episode I am on. Saving the file helps should I decide to resume a show I had dropped along the way.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 09:30   Link #13
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Well, I use Notepad to collate shows I watch and love and shows I plan to watch. It works, though I seriously need to burn ...
Old 2006-06-05, 11:19   Link #14
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I just pick one group, then stick with them. That way I don't need to remember the episode number, as I just download the latest releases. It works pretty well, though to be honest, I'm used to following a lot of series, so I don't really have much trouble keeping track anymore. When I first started with fansubs I kept a list, but it just got too long to manage.
Old 2006-06-05, 15:15   Link #15
Vaines
Imagination's fool

Just to point out : my excel includes all anime I've watched, including TV, at conventions, friend's places, and all of that since I was born etc, so yeah I'm really crazy
Old 2006-06-05, 20:33   Link #16
lavielove

I keep a list of the girls in the animes now I'm watching instead of the name of the anime ^^;; Actually I'm thinking about a time table for animes now I'm watching.Still I'm just planning to doing so because I can't hold back not to watch if ppl start talking about a particular episode ^^;;
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote