AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-04, 01:18   Link #61
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I thought that was supposed to be a Spear, not a rapier. How are you supposed to stab anybody with that thing other than at a significant range. You can't fence with it so the things a spear.
Old 2007-03-04, 01:19   Link #62
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
The PVC is based on this art:

You're right. From the looks of it, the blade length is shorter than the PVC.
The angle on the hilt edges seems different, too... A very big miss, if you ask me.

Quote:
I thought that was supposed to be a Spear, not a rapier. How are you supposed to stab anybody with that thing other than at a significant range. You can't fence with it so the things a spear.
In the game, they call it a rapier.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-03-04, 01:32   Link #63
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
The angle on the hilt edges seems different, too... A very big miss, if you ask me.

In the game, they call it a rapier.
If she manages to stab with it well, that's kind of a turn on actually. It looks like it would be more effective as a spear that you use while mounted on a horse. Then again weapons in anime inspired games never made much sense.

This is still the first Spear Rapier I've ever seen though.
Old 2007-03-04, 01:39   Link #64
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Yeah, you hit on the spot with there with the gunblade... I was always puzzled at where the hell was the gun cannon, and why the hell didn't they use it for ranged combat.

Cloud's FFVII AC sword seems a bit more plausible, though... but still pretty crazy stuff. Though it's always been stupid to go for uber-huge weapons, mainly because they'd be too bothersome to carry around, and more importantly, to unsheathe xD. I mean, how the hell does Cloud unsheathe a sword that big, FROM HIS BACK!?

Old 2007-03-04, 03:32   Link #65
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm thinking magnetic lock =P
Old 2007-03-04, 04:00   Link #66
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Yeah, you hit on the spot with there with the gunblade... I was always puzzled at where the hell was the gun cannon, and why the hell didn't they use it for ranged combat.
If you're talking the Gunblade's barrel, it doesn't exist. The purpose of the gun contraption on the Gunblade was so that during offence, the Gunblader uses the gun's trigger to cause an internal explosion within the gun's chamber, and the vibrating shock from the shot gives the Gunblade a temporary psuedo-vibration sword feel, increasing the damage on the enemy....which is still retarded. I mean...they have technologies for flying airships for god's sake! How hard would it be to install a vibromotor into the sword to make it a permanent vibroblade. Not only would it effectively more powerful fiction-wise, it eliminates the need for a lousy gun contraption...What the hell, it's obviously there just to look cool.

I mean...vibration within a sword via gunshot shock to increase damage...which also affects the user....wtf?

I'd say Buster Six is just as ridiculous though. :P

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-03-04, 05:05   Link #67
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
If you're talking the Gunblade's barrel, it doesn't exist. The purpose of the gun contraption on the Gunblade was so that during offence, the Gunblader uses the gun's trigger to cause an internal explosion within the gun's chamber, and the vibrating shock from the shot gives the Gunblade a temporary psuedo-vibration sword feel, increasing the damage on the enemy....which is still retarded. I mean...they have technologies for flying airships for god's sake! How hard would it be to install a vibromotor into the sword to make it a permanent vibroblade. Not only would it effectively more powerful fiction-wise, it eliminates the need for a lousy gun contraption...What the hell, it's obviously there just to look cool.

I mean...vibration within a sword via gunshot shock to increase damage...which also affects the user....wtf?

I'd say Buster Six is just as ridiculous though. :P
I always wondered why they didn't explode actually. There must be some vent to release the pressurized air that is forced outward in the explosion as it has to go somewhere.
Old 2007-03-04, 21:55   Link #68
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Oh yeah, could someone that has finished the game tell me how many episodes comprise a single ending play? I just want to have an idea of how long it's going to take me... I'm on episode 3 and it's taking quite a long time >.>

Old 2007-03-04, 23:00   Link #69
BatAttack
Gaou!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post

A spear has a long shaft that you can hold with both hands, and a spearhead with a blade or point at the end.

This weapon has a short handle.. long for a sword, but way too short for a spear.
It also has a guard, which spears generally do not.

If anything, it looks like a very slender (too slender to be practical) two-handed sword, like a claymore.
Old 2007-03-04, 23:19   Link #70
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Oh yeah, could someone that has finished the game tell me how many episodes comprise a single ending play? I just want to have an idea of how long it's going to take me... I'm on episode 3 and it's taking quite a long time >.>
Spoiler for Story Arcs:
Old 2007-03-05, 00:26   Link #71
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Each story arc itself isn't that long, although that could just be the result of everything being more or less relevant to the story, or interesting/funny, and not filler.

The game can be long, but fortunately it's never felt like it just dragged on and on for me like some other games sometimes have.
Old 2007-03-05, 12:58   Link #72
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
The game can be long, but fortunately it's never felt like it just dragged on and on for me like some other games sometimes have.
*nods*

Also, everytime you complete an arc, new scenes, choices, and dialogue appears so you rarely get bored on your second run *remembers the onigiri-bomb incident* XD
Old 2007-03-05, 13:01   Link #73
NeoSam

Here's the official site for the anime:

http://www.p-ark.tv/
Old 2007-03-05, 13:04   Link #74
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Well the anime designs don't appear to look incompetent compared to the game designs, but I wonder how they'll look in action.
Old 2007-03-05, 13:04   Link #75
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Can anyone read who's doing the animation?
Old 2007-03-05, 13:11   Link #76
NeoSam

Animation is by Frontline >.<
Old 2007-03-05, 13:13   Link #77
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Can anyone read who's doing the animation?
Good question! Front Line. Never heard of them, but that's probably because most of their work comprised of doing in-between animation. Prism Ark is apprently their first ever anime production of a full fledged TV series.

edit: NeoSam beat me to it. *shakes fist.
Old 2007-03-05, 15:54   Link #78
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
I think this is a better entry for Frontline. Hmm, Masami Obari is directing this also. This is going to be fun.
Old 2007-03-05, 16:07   Link #79
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Is it me, or the anime designs look more... you know, loli? Just look at Precia's bust size...

Old 2007-03-05, 16:20   Link #80
NeoSam

Quote:
Is it me, or the anime designs look more... you know, loli? Just look at Precia's bust size...
Yeah I was thinking that too she was lolified (I think)

Tags
adventure, bishoujo, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, pajamasoft, romance, rpg, seinen