AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-12-31, 11:47   Link #121
Father Hentai

No, the last part doesn' t really sound similar. Or at least I find it fitting to to the game.
Old 2008-12-31, 17:42   Link #122
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Not really, the Netherlands became a kingdom in 1815, and many changes to uniforms were introduced in the years to come. With the rise of William the 2nd for example, the grey parts of the uniform were replaced with blue ones. The tri-colors need not necessarily be French, as Netherlands have a red-white-blue flag as well. But considering the country is named 'Galia' they could very well have used the French occupation as reference. Nice find!
During the roman times the area where holland, belguim, luxemburg and parts of the rhineland (north west part of germany) lies today were known as Gallia Belgica. You really need to get back in time, where todays nations didn't exists. And as a matter of fact bruehl (one of them at least) lies in rhineland, i think the No.18 Strassenbahn from cologne takes you there.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 07:01   Link #123
Girsej

Re-release in Japan

"A budget re-release of Sega's Valkyria Chronicles will go on sale in Japan in early March. The new release of last year's popular PlayStation 3 title will include the Edie Nelson mission, which is currently only available for download (in Japan). The PlayStation 3 the Best re-release of Valkyria Chronicles will be available in Japan on March 5th for 3,990 yen ($43.78 USD)." Rpgfan

That should be right about the time for the anime to start airing right? Hope it will sell a bit more with the extra push.
Girsej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 14:14   Link #124
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Just finished the game and I am so incredibly happy. This was such a great game. Easily one of the best I've ever played.

The ending was really, really nice. I wish there was an easier way to see the what-now profiles of the main characters instead of watching the credits over and an easier way to see the final cutscene, which was incredibly cute.

I think I'm going to take a few days break before attempting to move through the story again and doing all the skirmishes on Hard. I'm pissed, though. My available squad members to restart the game don't include Freesia, my favorite scout, or Marina, the best sniper. At least I've got Nina, Jane, Dallas, Catherine, Lynn, and Audrey. That's a pretty decent small squad already.

I'll just have to burn through until I regain Freesia and Marina...

Man, such a fantastic game. Can't wait for the anime.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 18:31   Link #125
Girsej

After finally finishing the game, all I can say is that it was the best game of 08. It was so awesome that I feel kinda empty now that I've finished it :/

Anyway, for those who haven't played/bought it, do so ASAP! ^^
Girsej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 08:21   Link #126
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I hadn't cried playing a game since Takeshi's bad endings from Ever17.

Such a great game.

It's like a lobster knife fight. Words cannot express the awesome.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 18:54   Link #127
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Do we have an ETA on the DLC yet? It was said to come out 'early' this year, which is a tad vague.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 23:38   Link #128
ShinGundam

^
^
“Soon we’ll be announcing a date for the first batch of Valkyria Chronicles downloadable content…”
Source

Sack Selveria

Fake and Cute XD

Last edited by ShinGundam; 2009-01-22 at 00:49.
ShinGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 04:12   Link #129
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

If the breasts don't bounce around like jelly it couldn't be called Selvaria...

Old 2009-01-22, 23:29   Link #130
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Is that a sack for Little Big Planet?
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 02:43   Link #131
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Is that a sack for Little Big Planet?
It's not real.

Old 2009-01-30, 09:52   Link #132
videoman190

Accoding to the sega blog the three DLC are getting a NA release http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2009/01/14...rizes-at-nycc/ the date is TBA for now!
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 10:44   Link #133
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Cool

Man, I wish I could get a limited edition art book...

And for those interested, RPGamer.com named Valkyria Chronicles:

Best RPG for PS3 - 1st Place
Best Battlesystem - 2nd Place
Most Original - 3rd Place
Best Graphics - 1st Place
Most Overlooked - 1st Place

and... drumroll, please......

RPG of the Year - 1st Place

RPGamer.com 2008 Awards Complete Listing

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 16:28   Link #134
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Glad it continues to get praise. Hopefully it helps expose even more gamers to this wonderful game.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 23:32   Link #135
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Glad I managed to grab a copy of this sine I had been looking forward to it. Though probably missed the discussion boat .

Haven't quite finished it yet, but definitely an amazing game to this point. Feeling a bit off after a major story death. But doesn't change that I've enjoyed getting into this one (and saying goodbye to hours of my life ).
Old 2009-03-18, 07:33   Link #136
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

It's been mentioned in the anime thread, but it goes better here (Oops):

The downloadable content for the US has been officially announced... but it's very much a tease. It tells us what we're going to get, but not when we're going to get it.
Old 2009-03-18, 16:46   Link #137
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
It tells us what we're going to get, but not when we're going to get it.
Yeah. I at least hope it's sometime in 2009. Would be quite funky if they were released the week the anime begins to air.
Old 2009-04-05, 00:38   Link #138
Clarste
Human

I kind of wonder how this anime is going to handle battle scenes. In the game, thanks to the magical mechanic of hit points, there can be a certain level of tension in battle even if everyone survives. The anime however, seems reluctant to show people getting shot, even faceless generic enemy soldiers. So far anyway. So, uh, how can they do a war anime without showing violence?

Also, there's quite a bit of mood dissonance. How can people cheerfully make jokes immediately after throwing a grenade and (presumably) killing three people? Not to mention the fact that they're still in mortal danger, and their hometown is under attack (everyone they know and love is at risk, blah blah blah). Maybe experienced soldiers would, but civilians? And Alicia probably doesn't have much real war experience either.

I understand that the game wasn't exactly a gritty war drama, but it took itself seriously in a way that doesn't seem to have happened yet in the anime. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 00:57   Link #139
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Also, there's quite a bit of mood dissonance. How can people cheerfully make jokes immediately after throwing a grenade and (presumably) killing three people?
To be fair, Alicia wasn't in a position to witness first-hand the results of her grenade toss, and they were all covering their ears when it went off.

I agree that the game came off as more serious than the anime, but I suspect it's just the result of the anime trying to rush through the plot while still giving airtime to the banter and interplay between the characters. If they have to cut some of the off-duty interactions due to time constraints, some of that dialogue (like Alicia talking about her bread) is probably going to end up in the battle scenes instead.

One of my favourite aspects of the game was that it spent time exploring the characters as people, rather than having everything on and off the battlefield revolve around war and fighting, and I hope the anime continues that trend.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 01:04   Link #140
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

what are the chances they...

game related spoiler thingy...
Spoiler:

Last edited by Manji Midou; 2009-04-05 at 02:07.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote