AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the ultimate shinobi?
The 1st 24 5.99%
The 2nd 3 0.75%
Sarutobi 117 29.18%
The 4th 119 29.68%
Jiraiya 27 6.73%
Orochimaru 10 2.49%
Tsunde 4 1.00%
Itachi 73 18.20%
Other...[Please State Who] 24 5.99%
Voters: 401. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-05-21, 21:30   Link #1
Naruto714
Kinjutsu Master

Send a message via AIM to Naruto714 Send a message via MSN to Naruto714 Send a message via Yahoo to Naruto714
Who Is the Strongest/Best Ninja in their Prime? [Manga]

Who was or is the best shinobi in there prime?

When I say I prime I mean like when:

Sarutobi: When he was younger
Orochimaru: With all his jutsu's still

I'd personally say The 4th because he seems to be the strongest as Sarutobi, Jiriaya, Kakashi, and others said. Also he came up with some great jutsus

Spoiler:

And he could control Frog Boss the best and sealed Kyuubi in Naruto
Naruto714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 21:31   Link #2
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Another one...? Sigh, this one is no different: it's Sarutobi. End of thread.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 21:35   Link #3
Naruto714
Kinjutsu Master

Send a message via AIM to Naruto714 Send a message via MSN to Naruto714 Send a message via Yahoo to Naruto714
I searched and didn't see one like this. Are you sure of it? If so please provide a link.

Also why did you choose Sarutobi?
Naruto714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 22:14   Link #4
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Yondaime = dead ... so why is he up there.
Sarutobi = dead ... so why is he up there.
1st = dead ... so why is he up there
2nd = dead ... so why is he up there
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 22:25   Link #5
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Yondaime = dead ... so why is he up there.
Sarutobi = dead ... so why is he up there.
1st = dead ... so why is he up there
2nd = dead ... so why is he up there
Hey good point...

Im guessing Itachi Will dominate this poll...but I may be wrong.

EDIT: I voted Jiraiya btw...
Lunchboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 22:34   Link #6
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto714
I searched and didn't see one like this. Are you sure of it? If so please provide a link.
Because they were all deleted -_-;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto714
Also why did you choose Sarutobi?
God of Shinobi. Professor. Hokage.
Old 2004-05-21, 22:35   Link #7
HoboGod
Necromancer

the 3rd hokage was considered the greatest hokage and was nicknamed the professor because of his great knowledge of jutsus. the hokage is considered the greatest of all kages, and thusly the 3rd hokage is the greatest ninja.... this has been discussed countless timed before, and i believe there was a thread that asked everyone's opinion of the 5 greatest ninjas.

i think my list was something like:

1) 3rd hokage in prime
2) Itachi
3) Orochimaru (before his arms were sealed)
4) 4th hokage
5) Jiraiya
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 22:43   Link #8
EbonySeraphim
Phat Poster/Thread Killer

Send a message via AIM to EbonySeraphim
Assuming the thread won't be closed:

Lexander - It doesn't matter who is dead. The thread asks for the best shinobi in their prime. If they died, that doesn't mean they were any worse when they were alive.

I think Sarutobi is supposed to have been the strongest in his prime and was perhaps matched by only the 4th. Sarutobi is definitely strong when he is capable of doing what he did to Orochimaru at his age; especially considering Orochimaru is extremely powerful and much younger. The 4th is only up there because of what he was able to do to Kyuubi and other "anime suggestions" that at least I picked up on (or imaged) that make him so.

My biased opinion and not much to prove it - I'd say Jiariya is up there with the 4th and Sarutobi. I guess it is backed up by the fact that Jiariya taught the 4th. I can't tell if Jiariya is after his prime or not. I'd think not. He is 50 but still kickin and pimpin.
Old 2004-05-21, 23:26   Link #9
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
the 3rd hokage was considered the greatest hokage and was nicknamed the professor because of his great knowledge of jutsus. the hokage is considered the greatest of all kages, and thusly the 3rd hokage is the greatest ninja.... this has been discussed countless timed before, and i believe there was a thread that asked everyone's opinion of the 5 greatest ninjas.

i think my list was something like:

1) 3rd hokage in prime
2) Itachi
3) Orochimaru (before his arms were sealed)
4) 4th hokage
5) Jiraiya
Its interesting how you place Jiraiya at the buttom when Itachi is scared to fight him. and you even put Itachi before the 4th... Do you know how strong the 4th actually was? wow!

Itachi did a few tricks with his eyeballs and all of a sudden he's being ranked higher than the Hokages >_<...

My list would be something like this

1)3rd Hokage when he's young (He was able to take on Orochimaru who is alot younger so i'm sure he would have been ALOT more powerfull when he was in his prime days)

2)Jiraiya (I place him second mainly because Itachi is scared to fight him, and he's the teacher of the 4th Hokage

3)Orochimaru/Itachi
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 23:29   Link #10
Final

Sarutobi has my vote.

I'd still like to see more of the forth and what he was capible of.
Final is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 23:35   Link #11
Rasho
Go-Pro

I have a theory,(*Or more accurately,my opinion*)
That the Fourth is stronger then Itachi,i dont' say this because of facts,etc.
But rather(*This may sound stupid,and it IS*),usually in Manga there is usually one guy stronger then the most powderfull character,
Take Orochimaru for example(b4 the intro of Itachi)he was the strongest character,but With the intoducton of Itachi we learned that Itachi was more powderfull then Orochimaru,
so,i think,The Fourth should be stronger then Itachi.

(*I warned you it Was stupid*)
Rasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 23:47   Link #12
sarcasteak
WAHA~

I would like to remind a certain member here that no matter how strong someone is, a jutsu that directly attacks that person mentally with absolute control is undefendable if it hits no matter how strong the target is. Of course, a summon that seals the opponents' souls is absolutely deadly too, but it is a double-KO technique...just not as good.
Old 2004-05-22, 01:02   Link #13
Eshu
Junior Ninja

It's the 3rd really for one simple reason. He knew EVERY technique that was employed in Konaha. Which means, if he was younger (and had to lay it all on the line for one fight) He could have busted out with the extreme lotus and laid waste to just about everyone else.

It's possable others know the technique...but I'm running off what's been said. As for less sucidal techniques....he knew ALL of them. Every last one, and he had a deal with Kakashi (I think) that all the ones Kakashi copied out in the field he would teach to the 3rd. Plus Enma, while obviously not as huge as Gamabunta, is a hell of a summon, and size isn't all that matters.
Eshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 02:37   Link #14
DracoBattousai
Within the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson
Its interesting how you place Jiraiya at the buttom when Itachi is scared to fight him. and you even put Itachi before the 4th... Do you know how strong the 4th actually was? wow!

Itachi did a few tricks with his eyeballs and all of a sudden he's being ranked higher than the Hokages >_<...

My list would be something like this

1)3rd Hokage when he's young (He was able to take on Orochimaru who is alot younger so i'm sure he would have been ALOT more powerfull when he was in his prime days)

2)Jiraiya (I place him second mainly because Itachi is scared to fight him, and he's the teacher of the 4th Hokage

3)Orochimaru/Itachi

Spoiler:

Anyways I'm gonna go with Sarutobi, he was considered the best by everyone during his prime, and could still kick some ass even when he was old. He gets my vote.
DracoBattousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 03:11   Link #15
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoBattousai
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 03:33   Link #16
sarcasteak
WAHA~

I definitely think Jiraiya is up there, it's just that he's not always serious (and the two times he was, either the baddies ran or he was in terrible condition). A ninja doesn't need special bloodline or forbidden jutsu to be considered good; Jiraiya has his own set of prefered jutsus that are just as distructive. And as for being a Hokage, Jiraiya simply does not display the heart and the responsibility to carry the load.
Old 2004-05-22, 05:36   Link #17
DAyGO

Send a message via AIM to DAyGO Send a message via MSN to DAyGO Send a message via Yahoo to DAyGO
in thier prime right???

ok welll i say itachi since he hasnt really got to his prime yet(hes still a teenager). since hes 17/18. i say that his prime will be while hes 30-50 years old(the 3 legendary nins age is about 50)

or

3rd/4th never seen the 4th fight...
DAyGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 06:05   Link #18
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

This thread is really silly, the 3d would not know as much as he knew if it wasnt for the 4th. The 4th invented the most powerfull jutsu(The sealing one). And ofc the rasengan. And he did most likely find up more. And the monkey king would stand no chance against Gamabunta, that is for sure, or maybe you think that staff would kick a giant frogs ass ? O.o(If yes then please explain me why)

And yes the sarutobi knew every single jutsu in Konoha. BUT that doesn't mean he can master them. As we have heard before, the 4th and Jiraiya was the onlyone able to master the rasengaen. So saying for sure that Sarutobi could just open all his 8 gates is just BS.
Anyway if they were all enemyes the 4th would ofc not tell the 3d all the jutsus, he did invent, and then he could just seal everyone.(He was able to seal the Kyuubi, so saying he would not been able to seal the others is also just BS.)
Anyway we also need to know when Sarutobi was at his strongest ? was it before or after the 4th became Hokage, if it was before that means he didn't know as many jutsus as he does now.
Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 06:14   Link #19
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

As a testement to Sarutobi's immense skill, he was able to very very nearly defeat one of the lengedary three despite his very old age AND the fact that forbidden techniques were being used against him. I mean for god sakes Oro summoned the first and the second to fight Sartutobi.

Even in his old age, if Oro had not used that SUPER CHEAP technique, and fought Sarutobi himself, he would have defnitely lost. I have no doubt about that.
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 06:38   Link #20
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonySeraphim
Lexander - It doesn't matter who is dead. The thread asks for the best shinobi in their prime. If they died, that doesn't mean they were any worse when they were alive.
Which still doesn't make sense cause we haven't seen all the ones that are dead in their prime. All speculation with little to no facts. It comes down to how good you imagine the 3rd was or how good you imagine the 4th was. Also I don't think those dolls of the 1st and 2nd accurately showed how good the real ones were.

So ... Why are they listed?!
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote