AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-14, 16:50   Link #21
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Uh... Luffy is strong and still getting stronger. Usually his first fight with a superior foe doesn't go too well, which makes him grow. Then he comes back even stronger and straight up fair and square beat them. Oh, and Luffy didn't beat any of the big boys? Where have you been? F'ed the marines up over and over, well I guess that doesn't count since I'm not naming individuals. But um, did Luffy not beat 2 Warlords? I don't know of any other super rookie who did or can.

ANYWAYS, dropping that. I can't wait for this chapter! It's going to be awesome! It killed me last week knowing it wasn't coming out until this week...
When i say big boys i mean the 3 admirals and WB right now in this war. I think luffy is strong look what he did and he only been on seas for less than a year. But right now i don't expect him to beat any of god tier chars. But i would be happy if luffy was able to hit a logia user in this war without knowing his weakness that make his name ever bigger .
Old 2009-09-14, 17:18   Link #22
Big Daddy

I kinda hope buggy doesn't actually become a seriously big pirate...Like i really hopes he doesn't get a 300K+ bounty..because it would just be irritating for some reason. I think the Buggy being the savior joke has gone too far :/, to the point that it's just kind of annoying. I hope that one way or another buggy doesn't get credit for impel down or Marineford.

Maybe that's just my buggy hate though.
Old 2009-09-14, 17:19   Link #23
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Awesome!!!!!! That's all I have to say.

And Sengoku whining "Why is it always your family?" was priceless!!
Old 2009-09-14, 19:03   Link #24
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
KIZARU is the only one with the right idea...Sending all these suckas to hell.

And Akainu also saying that he wants to destroy Luffy doesn't count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
I kinda hope buggy doesn't actually become a seriously big pirate...Like i really hopes he doesn't get a 300K+ bounty..because it would just be irritating for some reason. I think the Buggy being the savior joke has gone too far :/, to the point that it's just kind of annoying. I hope that one way or another buggy doesn't get credit for impel down or Marineford.

Maybe that's just my buggy hate though.

Oda stated a long time ago that Buggy was his favorite villain, so I doubt that our red-nosed friend is going to lose momentum in the amount of infamy that he'll gain when this storyline is over (it'll end up being quite the opposite, I reckon)......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Yeah, I thought that Crocodile would want to be a little more sneaky or at least cautious in his assault on Whitebeard, since he is very calculating and not the reckless type of fighter.

My thoughts exactly. Croc is usually pretty calm and collected (and not to mention downright devious) when he's in a battle, so I just find it strange that he would simply rush towards Whitebeard as soon as he landed in Marineford. I could understand his actions if he had some kind of trump card on him, but otherwise...... eh?

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-09-14 at 19:16.
Old 2009-09-14, 19:12   Link #25
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Crocodile will need to find another target, for now. It is certain that Luffy saved Crocodile's life there, I guess we need to wait for a better matching opponent to arrive for Crocodile (though I am assuming among the strong opponents, many should have heard about his weakness related to his fighting ability).
Old 2009-09-14, 19:23   Link #26
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Crocodile has not shown to be sneaky as person, I dont think Crocodile fears others so much, and guy falled from sky and everyone was staring them, hes cower was blown up there.
Are you kidding me? The WG was left completely in the dark about his plans all because of his genius intellect. He put up a facade of being the savior for the people of Alabasta. No one knew that he was the president of Baroque Works. Before Project Utopia even began, none of his subordinates had even met him before all because of his lack of trust in anyone. He did all of this in an inconspicuous manner in an attempt to acquire Pluton and consequently gain enough military power to supposedly surpass that of the WG itself. He had everyone fooled up until the very end when Luffy foiled his plans. He is an inconspicuous, conniving bastard.

As a fighter, he is normally very reserved, confident, observant, and calm, unless someone really upsets him. He received no provocation from Whitebeard at all, so that is the reason why I found it a little surprising for him to just rush Whitebeard like that. He doesn't become reckless until he's pushed over the edge.
Old 2009-09-14, 19:36   Link #27
james0246

^Whitebeard has become his "dream", so Crocodile jumping the gun is somewhat understandable (maybe we will finally learn something of their past together). That being said, do we know yet if he actually was launching an attack, or if he was simply walking in Whitebeard's direction?
Old 2009-09-14, 20:09   Link #28
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Croc's attitude doesn't suprise me that much, I mean right now he don't really have nothing to lose so he could basically do whatever he likes right now.

But Luffy has lost his mind on this one. He's in a place surrounded by enemies, and he chooses to talk crazy to Whitebeared of all people. He should really just take it easy or he will get beat down pretty badly here.
Old 2009-09-14, 20:41   Link #29
tetsuo69

This what makes one piece so great !!!!! ^^
Old 2009-09-14, 20:55   Link #30
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
But Luffy has lost his mind on this one. He's in a place surrounded by enemies, and he chooses to talk crazy to Whitebeared of all people. He should really just take it easy or he will get beat down pretty badly here.

Luffy's there to rescue Ace just like Whitebeard's posse, so those guys can't really be considered his enemies..... for now. Of course, the marines are a different story, but most of them will be too busy fighting against Whitebeard's forces to concern themselves with Luffy. Also, despite the fact that Luffy may have talked smack to Whitebeard, he wasn't exactly picking a fight with him like Crocoboy did. I'm pretty sure that Luffy's going to concentrate on avoiding fighting as much as he can in order to rescue Ace, though that obviously won't be easy now that two of the admirals have set their sights on him......
Old 2009-09-14, 21:49   Link #31
Rainbowman

My review:

Mini-story: Brook's turn meaning Zoro is the only member left to get his own coverstory and hopefully after that, the whole crew will reunite soon. To refresh my memory, is next week a holiday week? If it is, not only would there be no new chapter then but probably no anime episode either.

Main Story: Luffy telling off Whitebeard like that, I'm not sure who is more arrogant. I hope Luffy doesn't get stuck with Kizaru again. Best have him face Akainu so that we could get the introductions aside. All and all, I would like to at least see Doflamingo try to interfere with Luffy's attempt in rescuing Ace.
Old 2009-09-14, 22:33   Link #32
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

^Who's going to stop luffy from rescuing ace? We have no idea, could be any one of the enemies, even moria..., but ya its about time to introduce both akainu and doflamingo now, considering the build-up of these characters. Unless Luffy learns how to properly control his haki, there is no way he will fare any better against kizaru than the last time. Though I'm sensing he would be fighting kuma out of revenge.

Nah, WB pirates wont fight with luffy, they noe they have the same goal. Although luffy is issuing a challenge to WB, he isnt going to fight him yet, not until his objective is done.

EDIT: Ah yes, good ol' perverted brooks returns
Old 2009-09-15, 00:03   Link #33
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
^ Why do you bother?, you know that is part of His routine to call a One Piece Chapter weak.
Spade is a spade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige
Check His routine to call a Bleach chapter great.
Its been more enjoyable, then canon fodder spams, and One hit OKs, while one or 2 at most of named characters toss a jab at each other and call it quits or call for a Time Out during a war. In any case whats up with you tossing up Bleach every time phenom has a problem with a One Piece chapter? it must be that inferiority complex, One Piece fanbois get when every One Piece is in yet another dry season.

As for the spoilers...........Luffy's home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
That's a plus.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-09-15 at 00:28. Reason: marvelB had a good post.
Old 2009-09-15, 02:22   Link #34
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
marvelB you are absolutely correct.^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
We have no idea how close luffy is to WB , so even if he wanted to strong pimp hand him he might not be able to reach. Of coruse luffy is going to say what ever he want .
He wants to be Pirate king you can't be pirate king being a bitch . Plus luffy not able to beat any of the big boys but the WG does see luffy as a threat .
Luffy is no threat to a Kizaru or a Whitebeard, ect, you feel me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
Why do you bother?, you know that is part of His routine to call a boring One Piece Chapter with the world power members calling timeout just to stand and look at Luffy and say some lame strawhat hype lines the whole ENTIRE chapter weak.
Get it right Rurik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige
Check His routine to call a Bleach chapter great
Nah, that would be for Naruto chapters!! as Kishimoto is whooping your boy Oda up and down Entertainment lane...Oh, Kubo brought out the street sweeper too this week that's double trouble!

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-09-15 at 02:38.
Old 2009-09-15, 02:51   Link #35
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
Spade is a spade.
So if Phenomenal's a Spade...does that make you a ho[e]?

Sorry, bad joke, but you set yourself up for it...

That being said, why is everyone overreacting to info that covers, at most, 10 pages out of 17-18 pages? Unless this info is supposed to represent the entire chapter (in which case, the presentation better be great or else I will agree that this is a boring chapter), we should expect more info in the next day or two. So, how about we all chillax for awhile and not predetermine badness based on a dozen lines of translated dialogue...

That being said, even if this is boring, this is still a fairly "par for the course" re-introduction for a Shounen character into the current storyline, so the animosity that is popping up is a little ridiculous...

Last edited by james0246; 2009-09-15 at 03:04.
Old 2009-09-15, 09:14   Link #36
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Get it right Rurik.
Lol, well, I didn’t want to post that, so I decided to left that part out… either way, is not that I like One Piece better than Naruto anyways (while I do think OP has better writing), but, You are just too harsh on Oda…Sometimes I think you hate him

Back on the thing that people really care, Spoilers seems a bit of a bridge for Next Chapter, I have to agree on Master Mold about what has happened until now, while is good to see this all vs. all fight, I think Oda should had used a fight between two named character.

But it doesn’t surprise me either, to tell the truth, I’m not expecting an epic fight between two Named characters, Is possible that this arc was created to just show a glimpse of the powers of various characters.
Old 2009-09-15, 10:51   Link #37
Big Daddy

you guys probably don't understand this...

but Whitebeard is here to save ACE, Ace loves LUFFY, so why the hell would whitebeard attack Luffy?..I mean cmon, there is a 0% chance that whitebeard tries to kill the man who is closest to the guy he i trying to save.

Also...how much do you wanna bet hancock and Luffy did some haki training on the ship to impel down..
Old 2009-09-15, 11:49   Link #38
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Also...how much do you wanna bet hancock and Luffy did some haki training on the ship to impel down..
I doubt that they would take the risk of being discovered just for this,maybe she explained it to him and because our Luffy is genius he won't need any training to control his Haki.

And i wouldn't take Phenomenal serious,everyone admits that Naruto is loosing it,some people just don't like to admit that OP is just better
Old 2009-09-15, 11:50   Link #39
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So if Phenomenal's a Spade...does that make you a ho[e]?

Sorry, bad joke, but you set yourself up for it...

That being said, why is everyone overreacting to info that covers, at most, 10 pages out of 17-18 pages? Unless this info is supposed to represent the entire chapter (in which case, the presentation better be great or else I will agree that this is a boring chapter), we should expect more info in the next day or two. So, how about we all chillax for awhile and not predetermine badness based on a dozen lines of translated dialogue...

That being said, even if this is boring, this is still a fairly "par for the course" re-introduction for a Shounen character into the current storyline, so the animosity that is popping up is a little ridiculous...
Could be due to the break Oda took, and to come back at us this soft, well....should have took another break IMO.

Smoker got a line in this chapter.
Old 2009-09-15, 12:21   Link #40
zrexe
Lurker

I think it's a fantastic chapter. It's ok if phenom and the moldy dude doesn't think so. I guess it's just your loss if you cannot appreciate good manga
Closed Thread