AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2010-12-11, 10:41   Link #601
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
well mikoto can even summon thunder from the sky, also there are gods with the thunder element she migth not get super-saiyan phase 2 like accel, but i think she may awaken, or at least get into a stronger berserk-like state.
Just thought that I'd say something about this...

Mikoto is able to control electricity, and about the lightning strike... if according to the nature's process of how lightning forms, it is by the gathering of multiple polar opposite charges beneath her intended location of the lightning strike, which will attract the opposite charges from the sky which will form the lightning strike as we know how it will be.

... well technically I am reluctant to say "summon" though, but it's better if we know how she "summoned" it...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 11:08   Link #602
tsunade666

she can't summon lightning or natural lightning all the time. The time when she barrage lightning strikes at touma in episode 1 up until to the point the whole city had a shut down on electricity has a natural weather with it.

I hate naruto but it's probably the best way as an example. Remember the fight of itachi and emo-king sasuke. When he use amaterasu to gather storm clouds and use his own charkra to control the path of lightning it's almost the same though different in a way. Mikoto isn't limited to one strikes. As long as the air stays low and the environment is right. She can summon storms all she like. Just like how she can fly in top of bodies of water.
Old 2010-12-11, 11:59   Link #603
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Then both Touma and Mikoto will die, Touma can't negate her attacks you know?
............what......

Fianma blasting almost every spell in the 103 000 grimoires at Touma did nothing, absolutely nothing until he summoned that giant sword to slice off his arm.
Old 2010-12-11, 12:09   Link #604
Miraluka
Banned

The light sword was effective indeed, but remember Fiamma said that long range attacks can be deflected (not negated) so, close range attacks will be effective to cause damage on Touma like the sword attack or that spell which was torturing his legs.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 12:18   Link #605
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
The light sword was effective indeed, but remember Fiamma said that long range attacks can be deflected (not negated) so, close range attacks will be effective to cause damage on Touma like the sword attack or that spell which was torturing his legs.
Said spells were being boosted by Holy Right.....
Old 2010-12-11, 12:55   Link #606
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
............what......

Fianma blasting almost every spell in the 103 000 grimoires at Touma did nothing, absolutely nothing until he summoned that giant sword to slice off his arm.
I always wonder why Touma's opponents don't just acquire a firearm and just shoot him.
Old 2010-12-11, 12:56   Link #607
Miraluka
Banned

Lets move the talk to the novel thread!
Old 2010-12-11, 15:05   Link #608
Saten_
佐天涙子

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
what ever, we want it, do you have it?, if not tell us where we can obtain it, I'll sent some fellow criminal to rob that person house/store
Lol! Would be nice have it.

Quote:
oh btw, I'm stuck with To Aru Pantsu no Railgun doujin game, a game about Mikoto struggle to get her Gekota panties back, I'm always die in the first boss, anyone can help?
I want to at least meet Saten with her groping stance
Managed? Or still need help?
Saten_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 17:51   Link #609
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
I always wonder why Touma's opponents don't just acquire a firearm and just shoot him.
There have been black ops after him.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 18:39   Link #610
Saten_
佐天涙子

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
There have been black ops after him.
Besides, wouldn't they hate use technology developed by science?
Saten_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 19:55   Link #611
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saten_ View Post
Besides, wouldn't they hate use technology developed by science?
No as in literally, a covert special force from Academy City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
In the first place, most of the villains aren't exactly out to get him, it's just that he so happens to get in their way. And the ones who ARE out to get him wield firepower greater than any firearms.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 20:26   Link #612
Miraluka
Banned

This is not Touma's thread....
Old 2010-12-11, 20:33   Link #613
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
This is not Touma's thread....
deleted =3
Old 2010-12-12, 02:03   Link #614
all_flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Just thought that I'd say something about this...

Mikoto is able to control electricity, and about the lightning strike... if according to the nature's process of how lightning forms, it is by the gathering of multiple polar opposite charges beneath her intended location of the lightning strike, which will attract the opposite charges from the sky which will form the lightning strike as we know how it will be.

... well technically I am reluctant to say "summon" though, but it's better if we know how she "summoned" it...
How lightning formed is still debatable.

Well, I'm more interested at why Mikoto's lightning could cause a blackout. FYI, even with 5 x 3 billion volts of lightning, it wouldn't cause a blackout that easily. Maybe this is a side effect or it would be a different story if she could emit a large scale of NN/EMP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
she can't summon lightning or natural lightning all the time. The time when she barrage lightning strikes at touma in episode 1 up until to the point the whole city had a shut down on electricity has a natural weather with it.

I hate naruto but it's probably the best way as an example. Remember the fight of itachi and emo-king sasuke. When he use amaterasu to gather storm clouds and use his own charkra to control the path of lightning it's almost the same though different in a way. Mikoto isn't limited to one strikes. As long as the air stays low and the environment is right. She can summon storms all she like. Just like how she can fly in top of bodies of water.
Didn't you know, lightning still could be formed even at clear sky?
all_flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 03:11   Link #615
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_flying View Post
Well, I'm more interested at why Mikoto's lightning could cause a blackout. FYI, even with 5 x 3 billion volts of lightning, it wouldn't cause a blackout that easily. Maybe this is a side effect or it would be a different story if she could emit a large scale of NN/EMP.
Well about that EMP bit... Go read the intermission at the end of Vol22 Ch9 on Bakatsuki - dealing out EMP is her specialty
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 03:28   Link #616
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_flying View Post
Didn't you know, lightning still could be formed even at clear sky?
I know

Quote:
  • A "Positive Giant" is a lightning strike that hits the ground up to 20 miles away from the storm. Because it seems to strike from a clear sky it is known as "A Bolt From The Blue". These "Positive Giant" flashes strike between the storm's top "anvil" and the Earth and carry several times the destructive energy of a "regular" lightning strike.
but the environment still needs to be met for it to happen.

Quote:
The bottoms of adjust storms can discharge to the tops of others and vice versa, which is also deemed IC lightning. Lightning can occur in many forms - the most dangerous of which is called a Positive Giant, or "bolt from the blue". This is when a discharge occurs between the positive CB top and the relatively negative charge of outlying surface areas away from the thunderstorm. This is rare because of the great distances (sometimes up to 20 miles!) that such lightning has to travel, but when it occurs it is by far the most deadly. Positive giants have many times the destructive power of normal lightning and as its nickname denotes, strikes where no thunderstorm is overhead. You can get struck by lightning under a clear blue sky, by a thunderstorm twenty miles away! Contrary to popular belief, it is quite common for people to be struck by lightning, and in fact lightning is a very poor killer.
Mikoto can do EMP blast. She did do it on the latest volume rendering a whole russian military base machine toast.
Old 2010-12-12, 06:57   Link #617
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
what ever, we want it, do you have it?, if not tell us where we can obtain it, I'll sent some fellow criminal to rob that person house/store
It's from Dengeki h&p (電撃 h&p). You can easily find it on Japanese auction sites.
cubicjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 13:34   Link #618
Kenta Maebara
It's Kenta Misaka! DAMMI-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Quote:
The bottoms of adjust storms can discharge to the tops of others and vice versa, which is also deemed IC lightning. Lightning can occur in many forms - the most dangerous of which is called a Positive Giant, or "bolt from the blue". This is when a discharge occurs between the positive CB top and the relatively negative charge of outlying surface areas away from the thunderstorm. This is rare because of the great distances (sometimes up to 20 miles!) that such lightning has to travel, but when it occurs it is by far the most deadly. Positive giants have many times the destructive power of normal lightning and as its nickname denotes, strikes where no thunderstorm is overhead. You can get struck by lightning under a clear blue sky, by a thunderstorm twenty miles away! Contrary to popular belief, it is quite common for people to be struck by lightning, and in fact lightning is a very poor killer.
With all that enormous power and being 3rd of all level 5's in Acdemy City, I find it rather strange that she hasn't shown any symptoms of "awakening".

Spoiler for Accelerator, Kakine, Touma:
Old 2010-12-12, 14:00   Link #619
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta Maebara View Post
With all that enormous power and being 3rd of all level 5's in Acdemy City, I find it rather strange that she hasn't shown any symptoms of "awakening"
ah that's a misunderstanding on your part.

the only one who "CAN" awaken are

Spoiler for awaken:
Old 2010-12-12, 14:17   Link #620
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta Maebara View Post
With all that enormous power and being 3rd of all level 5's in Acdemy City, I find it rather strange that she hasn't shown any symptoms of "awakening".

Spoiler for Accelerator, Kakine, Touma:
Its like accelerator said in the SISTER arc. They are both level 5 but he's wayyyy beyond her level.
Spoiler for touma:

If you want her to have wings she did get some i hear in an SS