AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-05, 10:24   Link #21
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I just discover this game recently, so you can say I'm pretty much looking forward to the anime. I mean, who wouldn't after seeing this?

Old 2012-09-05, 10:53   Link #22
EnOfEridu
a.k.a Enki

I like transforming cars. But the card mechanics reminds me too much of bakugan. This really screams media tie in to capitalize on viewers wallet.
EnOfEridu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 10:58   Link #23
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnOfEridu View Post
I like transforming cars. But the card mechanics reminds me too much of bakugan. This really screams media tie in to capitalize on viewers wallet.
But the show could be nice....
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 00:12   Link #24
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
I don't know why is it a bad thing. As long as:

- The show is good.
- The game is fun.

Why would it bothers you if they can cash in bit of money?
Old 2012-09-06, 00:32   Link #25
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
So it's par for course than?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 01:33   Link #26
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

With Takamatsu Shinji supervising and Satou Dai writing, this series is worth consideration. Those are serious talents, no matter what the premise looks like.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 12:54   Link #27
OkamiNoKaze

They don't look old enough to drive though
Old 2012-09-26, 16:02   Link #28
Midonin
Last Engage

While I was at first hesitant about dealing with Battle Spirits-level CGI from week to week, I am also easily suckered in by transforming robots. So the robots win out. (And it fills my Tuesdays with something easy to follow, so it's cool.)
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 20:53   Link #29
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
With Takamatsu Shinji supervising and Satou Dai writing, this series is worth consideration. Those are serious talents, no matter what the premise looks like.
The director Kunihiro Mori is pretty experienced in doing shounen action shows too, so I'm pretty optimistic about how the show is going to turn out. I really enjoyed the fun vibe of Mars Daybreak.
Old 2012-10-02, 07:12   Link #30
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 1

This is 500% a pure unadulterated kids cartoon. The entire setting and premise is kid-focused. There is new technology in the world which allows children to be trained in driving AI-assisted cars. There's an entire school academy in this city dedicated to that focus! The academy also doubles as a secret defense agency! The main character is a gung-ho kid who loves to show off his driving skillz and loves pro-wrestling! He is selected to pilot the transformable robot-car test machine! There is an evil organization out to cause trouble! There's an ancient prophecy involved in all this secret advanced tech! Loool!

That said, this is surprising enjoyable if you approach it from the kids cartoon angle. It's not super amazing or anything, but there's some charm in how honest it is about what it is. The most disturbing thing about this show is how much CG there is, and how bad most of it is. There are many CG backgrounds, all the cars are CG, and this is a show about cars, so there are cars in almost every scene! And it's all mostly pretty bad!

Oh and here's the best part: The ending is a totally crazy Precure style motion captured full CG ED sequence where all the 5 main mechs are dancing to the beat of the music. No, I'm not kidding. Dancing mechs. Full CG. Motion captured. Lots of moves too. It's nuts. Lol.
Old 2012-10-02, 09:17   Link #31
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 01 - Let's Driving!

In retrospect, I have a fair amount of experience with modern kids' anime. Digimon, Precure, Super Hero Time, all the big franchises. Gyrozetter will test my ability to handle TV-quality CGI, but enough of it is traditional animation that I can let it slide. And most importantly - robots. Super robots, of a sort, if on the small side. The CG robots here, the CG dance sequences in the upcoming Aikatsu!, they're basically the same thing.

And this is the only show this season that has a character named Mikeman Seki, voiced by Tomokazu Seki himself, so it has that going for it. Mostly setting up the premise so far, though considering recent advances in technology, the idea of a car even a kid could drive may not be that far off.

Still working on the robot thing.
Old 2012-10-02, 11:36   Link #32
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Oh and here's the best part: The ending is a totally crazy Precure style motion captured full CG ED sequence where all the 5 main mechs are dancing to the beat of the music. No, I'm not kidding. Dancing mechs. Full CG. Motion captured. Lots of moves too. It's nuts. Lol.
Reading that last part of your post made me remember a certain kids-anime about fighting dinosaurs which also has terrible dancing CG-Dinosaurs as its ED .

I haven't seen it myself but from your post, it looks like this one is heavily for kids and leaving nothing for the adults. Oh well, I guess I can go back watching Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal for my healthy dose of merchandise-related anime with decent story .
Old 2012-10-02, 11:36   Link #33
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Sadly, this is probably one of those series that gets tarred with the unforgivable sin of being a "kids show" and doesn't get a subber. With the prominence of streaming there just aren't many true subbers left.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 12:13   Link #34
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Reading that last part of your post made me remember a certain kids-anime about fighting dinosaurs which also has terrible dancing CG-Dinosaurs as its ED .

I haven't seen it myself but from your post, it looks like this one is heavily for kids and leaving nothing for the adults. Oh well, I guess I can go back watching Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal for my healthy dose of merchandise-related anime with decent story .
There isn't really much for someone looking for a more "all ages" sort of show, or something more "serious" so far. It's only the first episode, and they're kinda drawing it out, so we'll see. Looks like they plan on introducing one new hero car/mech per episode for now. The heroine gets hers next week.

Meanwhile everyone can enjoy dancing robots since someone uploaded it to youtube, lol:

Old 2012-10-02, 12:38   Link #35
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Meanwhile everyone can enjoy dancing robots since someone uploaded it to youtube, lol:

Oh, no! My eyesss!!

Btw, here's the dancing equivalent from Dinosaur King that I mentioned before. It's hilarious.

Old 2012-10-02, 13:03   Link #36
Midonin
Last Engage

I find it amusing that the OP is by Masahiko Kondo, who is both a singer and a race car driver/the owner of a racing team. They couldn't have chosen anyone better.
Old 2012-10-02, 14:43   Link #37
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
I wonder if this is going to be picked up by a kids' company like Saban and be broadcast on Nick.
Old 2012-10-02, 23:21   Link #38
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
honestly, i think the OP style is better than Transformers Prime's retarded j-rap song by Big Bang despite not having a better art quality than that series......
http://youtu.be/

i think Mr Bay should watch this before he's doing the 4th movie......... XD
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 09:46   Link #39
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Sadly, this is probably one of those series that gets tarred with the unforgivable sin of being a "kids show" and doesn't get a subber. With the prominence of streaming there just aren't many true subbers left.
Don't forget it has to get past having robots too even to have a functional thread. Mecha shows seem to attract a lot of rage these days if they attract any interest at all. Not a lot working for this show right now. One thing I do notice that's interesting though is despite having the CGI mecha all of the designs in the opening and ending are fairly unique and not the same generic Valkyries design I keep seeing rehashed over and over again in some recent shows. That's always nice.

Also the main one kind of reminds me of Getter Robo....maybe it's the color scheme, but that's the first thing I thought when I saw it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 10:31   Link #40
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
to me the red carbot guy reminds me of DagFire from the 7th Yuusha series Brave Command Dagwon, who transforms from a Lancia Stratos custom police cruiser, who's robot mode design is obviously based on a phoenix legend
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a-1, square_enix