AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-31, 11:41   Link #921
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
So... there are multiple endings to a game. Take Clannad and Air. The anime series got one ending. The movies got another ending. And with Clannad, some of the other endings got OVAs.
Endings in R;N works different then in standard VN. There is arc for each girl and only their endings cut story short. After credits game is resumed to start another "route". We had Nae arc skipped - really small relevance to story, Junna's was resolved and Frau's in latest episode. Two girls and 8 episodes left.
Quote:
In the end, the ending that you are used to viewing is prob the most profitable ending to animate. The anime is just a promotion for the franchise. They can say "Watch this ending and play the game for your favorite ending." or "Watch this ending and read the manga and buy the audio dramas for more from the ending that you like.".
Sales for both game and anime (1st vol. is out) are terrible. Nothing will help them.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 11:47   Link #922
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Endings in R;N works different then in standard VN. There is arc for each girl and only their endings cut story short. After credits game is resumed to start another "route". We had Nae arc skipped - really small relevance to story, Junna's was resolved and Frau's in latest episode. Two girls and 8 episodes left.

Sales for both game and anime (1st vol. is out) are terrible. Nothing will help them.
Then Frau had better kiss Kai more in the last 8 episodes.

Frau is a better female MC imo anyways. Besides after that kiss, it would be hard to believe that they are going to restart from ground zero. Anime adaptations don't work that way. Frau is prob going to be worked in for the duration.
Old 2013-01-31, 12:09   Link #923
bastek66

Quote:
Frau is a better female MC imo anyways. Besides after that kiss, it would be hard to believe that they are going to restart from ground zero. Anime adaptations don't work that way. Frau is prob going to be worked in for the duration.
No she isn't. Suicide attempt only confirmed that.
Looking at pictures from episode looks like it happened. He probably doesn't know about kiss unless she told him. You don't know how adaptations work either.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 12:27   Link #924
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
No she isn't. Suicide attempt only confirmed that.
Looking at pictures from episode looks like it happened. He probably doesn't know about kiss unless she told him. You don't know how adaptations work either.
She overcame her suicide attempt, reversed her hikkimori status and doing something to promote her mother's franchise. And..she's actively pursuing a guy. That is an immense amount of progress for a character to do. Especially for a 16 yo. Kai is supposedly 18 yo according to wikia.

She was on top of him about to kiss him the first time before the cops intervened. He knows.

We can agree to disagree.

Last edited by orion; 2013-01-31 at 12:50.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 15:57   Link #925
Algent

Spoiler for episode 15:

Last edited by Algent; 2013-01-31 at 16:42.
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 16:02   Link #926
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 15:
Old 2013-02-01, 12:47   Link #927
Midonin
Last Engage

R;N 15 - The Power of Justice Calls a Storm

Though Frau/Kona has moved out of her room, she's still taking small steps towards readjustment. Most of her time outside was spent in the shade, and her computer base is still important to her. But seeing her use it for Airi was a nice, purely altruistic move, and, considering her history, not completely unprecedented. I think it's a little suspicious that Airi would be done away with so quickly, and I don't think she's gone for good. As the person with the most direct connection to Kou, she needs to stick around.

So Airi's in kind of a Masato Jin situation. I know Kai called the police, but I wonder what happened to her real body, and if a cure does exist in this time for whatever it was that ailed her. With the seventh and final report on the way (and those weird solar storms), she could be really useful here. Glad to see the overplot of GB-2 is still progressing, in this case with the monopole getting attached to it. A lot was revealed, but there are also several more questions, so I'm excited for next week.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 12:52   Link #928
ookamigirl

A lot of weird things happening.
Even Airi was acting odd, really odd.
Seems like the solar flare thing did a number of a lot of things.
Kai surfing... now that was kinda LOL
Wow, never thought Airi was a real person!
Seems like this anime is less and less about robots..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 14:11   Link #929
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:

Haha, poor Nae, had her stories cut in both S;G & R;N.
BTW as I remember the game's sales were solid.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 14:53   Link #930
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow never expected Airi to be a real girl. Wonder what they'll due now that they found her. Nice job by Frau of making it snow for her. Looks like Mizuku know about Airi's real body as well.
Old 2013-02-01, 19:14   Link #931
jte742

Very sweet. Airi was just so cute through the whole episode. Lots of surprises, too - I wasn't expecting Airi to be real, and I definitely wasn't expecting her to have such a relationship with Kimijima, nor was I expecting him to look or act like he does. I certainly hope we see more of Airi (as opposed to Geji-nee) - perhaps the real one now, instead of the AR version (and based on the ending sequence, we just might). Finally, it appears that the shop owner is not very happy with Kai still looking for the reports...

Also, as an aside, to me it was kind of neat to see the Iru-O alpha. Very limited in comparison to the version they're using now.

Images
awww...
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
jte742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 19:24   Link #932
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Airi was just too freaking cute. Kugimiya Rie is amazing when it comes to adorable lolis.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 19:34   Link #933
sikvod00

^ Yeah, she is. I'm glad to hear her in non-tsundere-overly-abusive roles!
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 22:50   Link #934
Darthtabby

Am I the only person who found the stuff with Kimijima and Airi to be kind of creepy? I know it's probably supposed to come across as sweet, but...
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 00:08   Link #935
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
Am I the only person who found the stuff with Kimijima and Airi to be kind of creepy? I know it's probably supposed to come across as sweet, but...
Only in the sense that It felt like kimijima put her consciousness in the Iru-o and it got erased in the maintenance due to the solar flare.

I'm suprised no one else has thought about it like that.

Oh, and also Makise Chrisu made an appearance. . .but you gotta find it, I'm not telling.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 02:35   Link #936
MasterVampire

So I havnt watched this yet but Im planning to but can anyone tell me:

1. Is there some kind of end of the world stuff happening?

and

2. Is there any romance?

Thanks
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 04:57   Link #937
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
Oh, and also Makise Chrisu made an appearance. . .but you gotta find it, I'm not telling.
Eh... does it really count if she doesn't visually appear in person?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 08:16   Link #938
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
^ Yeah, she is. I'm glad to hear her in non-tsundere-overly-abusive roles!
Agreed.

Quote:
Only in the sense that It felt like kimijima put her consciousness in the Iru-o and it got erased in the maintenance due to the solar flare.

I'm suprised no one else has thought about it like that.
Maybe because there might be a chance a part of Airi might be in Sister Centipede.
Old 2013-02-02, 08:31   Link #939
Algent

Quote:
I found creepier the fact that he actually had a little girl in cold sleep in his basement.

By the way they clearly say the Airi on Iruo is an AI made to keep company to the original, I'm not sure how I would react to having my virtual clone keeping me company .

Makise was here ? I guess it was on Tweepo like the others but I missed that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Sister Centipede
Please stop translating names into their meanings, this is bad .
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 11:27   Link #940
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algent View Post
Makise was here ? I guess it was on Tweepo like the others but I missed that one.

Please stop translating names into their meanings, this is bad .
Christina makes an appearance at the start through Tweepo, with the same account name as her 2channel name in S;G.

I can't remember if Gejine was ever mentioned in the anime, but she was there in C;H and S;G.

Tags
science fiction