AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-01-30, 16:49   Link #201
Uchiha_Gaara
Ultimate sand beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Since Gaara has sand which is a type of Earth. I will go with Water.
Whe don't know if the sand is Doton based. We only know that he could use Fuuton tecniques. But he was already turning to Shukako so maybe it was Shukako's affinity and not his, since Shukako uses wind based attacks !

Quote:
Which make sense since Wind > Lighting and Water > Fire.
with this I agree
Uchiha_Gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 17:43   Link #202
cani
Thatīs my way of ninja

Spoiler for ch340 spoiler:

dont know if its true though...
cani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 17:55   Link #203
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckcsf View Post
So what then is your definition of genius? I think Naruto is a genius... He seem that have accomplished a lot more than any of his peers in regards to power.... except for maybe Sauske but it is too early to say since we haven't really seen Sauske's real powers and we haven't completely seen the changes in Naruto.
Well, as it has been stated, the definition of genius is vague in this serie.

For me, a genius is something with a lot of inborn talent. It doesn't reflect the strenght of the opponent. Somone who has to work his way to become Genin is not a genius. I don't consider Sasuke, Neji or Lee as geniuses as geniuses because they spent years to reach their levels. Less is even the antithesis of my definition. As opposite, Kakashi was super badass very young (chuunin at 6), but his growth is far from spectacular (there is not much difference between the Kakashi of chapter one and the one of Kakashi Gaiden)
So, in my book :
Kakashi, Itachi and the sannins (all graduated early IIRC) and Shikamaru (obviously born with his brain, could probably have graduated earlier if this wasn't so "troublesome").
Sasuke, Neji, Lee, Naruto, Sandaime (on that picture, he looked like he was at least 13-14 years old and Nidaime was still patting him) = not geniuses. But they are all among the strongest characters of their age class, if not the strongest. So for me genius <> strong (except for kids obviously)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Since Gaara has sand which is a type of Earth. I will go with Water.
Which make sense since Wind > Lighting and Water > Fire.
That would give Naruto too much of an advantage over Sasuke. (it's fine currently. Sasuke has 2 elements, one weak and one strong against Naruto's Wind). I think Kishimoto will try to make them the most even possible till the end of the manga. If Naruto learns another element, I think it would be something not affecting sasuke. I think the next training session will be with Jiraiya (since the last ones were with Yamato and Kakashi) and Jiraiya's favorite element is fire. (even if that swamp thingie he did against Orochimaru's snakes was probably Earth). Also Naruto has to become able to use the frogs' oil.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 20:13   Link #204
Negs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cani View Post

cripes. that doesn't sound to great to me.
Negs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 21:52   Link #205
Nuu
Teh Sauce

@ Cani

Hmm second person to cast that one so its possible it might be, is the source reliable?
Nuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 23:02   Link #206
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

That sounds anti climatic
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 23:21   Link #207
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:

Spoiler for manga chapter 340:
Old 2007-01-31, 00:32   Link #208
LoOnatick
1ne Love

Quote:

Spoiler:
LoOnatick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 02:27   Link #209
Ero-Senn1n

That's too lame to be true. How in the hell would Kakuzu run away from Yamato, no chance. Kakuzu has already demonstrated that Kakashi, Yamato or any other from the group have no chance against him, except Naruto of course. Actually Kakuzu would probably be very interested in Yamato's heart too when he sees his bloodline jutsu. There's another possibility connecting to Naruto and Yamato, but i hope that's not true: if Kakuzu got the heart of the 1st hokage, then he can suppress Naruto's kyuubi powers and simply win, and also he would outpower Yamato's wood jutsu with his own wood/forest jutsu.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 02:44   Link #210
Nuu
Teh Sauce

well if he overpowered yamato and took his heart he wouldnt have the power to supress the kyuubi as there is no genetic gene from the heart it would just give him the wood jutsu
Nuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 03:06   Link #211
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuu View Post
Hmm second person to cast that one so its possible it might be, is the source reliable?
For what it's worth, it's the only spoiler the Japanese fandom believes at this point. It has all the markings of Kishimoto.

But it still has not been confirmed at this point.

We've had a high amount of fakes this week. Everything from Hidan coming back and then getting killed by Shika. That spoiler was so poorly written it even got Hidan's name wrong.

Another one had Kakuzu tentacle raping Ino.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 11:00   Link #212
chuckcsf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuu View Post
... it would just give him the wood jutsu
hehe that's funny... On a more serious note, maybe this is Kishimoto's ways of reminding us that Naruto is the #1 unpredictable ninja? Providing a little bit of comedy since it's been so serious? I don't think it's funny though since I've been waiting to see what changed in Naruto!
chuckcsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 11:04   Link #213
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Form Kekkashi's flashback, the 4th was no dummy. He was everything that Naruto isn't. I don't know if he was a genius but he was no dummy either.
It would logical that he was a genius but....i havent seen anyone else who is dumber then Naruto ...so it's easy to claim that everyone else is smarter/brighter then Naruto
Old 2007-01-31, 11:14   Link #214
chuckcsf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
It would logical that he was a genius but....i havent seen anyone else who is dumber then Naruto ...so it's easy to claim that everyone else is smarter/brighter then Naruto
I wouldn't say Naruto is dumb... He has proven himself to be a lot smarter than what the show portrays him to be! He has helped and inspired a lot of people and has powerful jutsus that even surpasses Kakashi and the 4th.
Old 2007-01-31, 11:39   Link #215
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
I wouldn't say Naruto is dumb... He has proven himself to be a lot smarter than what the show portrays him to be! He has helped and inspired a lot of people and has powerful jutsus that even surpasses Kakashi and the 4th.
-I don't think Mr. Johnny 5 was referring to that. I think he was referring to Naruto's lack of common sense and his inability to understand the basics clearly immedietly, which is what everyone else in the series is capable of doing. Then again Naruto has never been the type to go about his progress in the conventional sense to begin with.
Old 2007-01-31, 11:58   Link #216
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Spoiler:

Quote:
You can have high charisma and still be dumb. Helping and inspiring people isn't really an indication of strength. Also for the last sentence, I would be careful of the wording. Both Kakashi and the 4th have jutsus (the MS and the Death God summon respectively) that can in theory even deal with Kyuubi one way or the other.

Back to the topic though, Naruto has alot of 'street smarts' although he does has that clumsy side of him.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-01-31 at 12:17. Reason: Don't double post.
astayanax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 12:11   Link #217
chuckcsf

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax View Post
Spoiler:
Well, I wouldn't say that Kakuzu was fighting at his full potential since 2 of the masks were already destroyed. Also, I am sure that there are huge differences in power between Akatsuki members and Hidan and Kakuzu were the weaker ones. I mean, would you say Shikamaru is at Akatsuki level for beating Hidan by himself? I think Hidan is an exemption and so is Kakuzu. 1 on 1, I would think Kakashi would beat Kakuzu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax View Post
You can have high charisma and still be dumb. Helping and inspiring people isn't really an indication of strength. Also for the last sentence, I would be careful of the wording. Both Kakashi and the 4th have jutsus (the MS and the Death God summon respectively) that can in theory even deal with Kyuubi one way or the other.

Back to the topic though, Naruto has alot of 'street smarts' although he does has that clumsy side of him.
So would you consider Naruto a smart dumbass?
Old 2007-01-31, 12:23   Link #218
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Well, I wouldn't say that Kakuzu was fighting at his full potential since 2 of the masks were already destroyed. Also, I am sure that there are huge differences in power between Akatsuki members and Hidan and Kakuzu were the weaker ones. I mean, would you say Shikamaru is at Akatsuki level for beating Hidan by himself? I think Hidan is an exemption and so is Kakuzu. 1 on 1, I would think Kakashi would beat Kakuzu.

I would say Kakuzu is pretty powerful. One on one my money is on Kakuzu.

Quote:
So would you consider Naruto a smart dumbass?
The best way to describe Naruto is that he lacks common sense and perception. His lack of common sense could and probably is a result of him being a orphen and being raise without a familiy to teach these things.

A lack of perception doesn't always equal a lack of intelligence. Once someone points out something to Naruto he usually does get it then. He really would be dumb if he can't learn when someone points out something to him.

So i suppose Smart dumbass would be a good way to describe him. He is smart and talent in some areas and dumb as a rock in others.
Old 2007-01-31, 13:06   Link #219
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Did you notice that Kakuzu much more powerful and smart than Hidan? Not only is Hidan relatively weak, but most importantly he is an arrogant and dumb guy. Probably this pair is the one where there's the largest difference in level. Also notice that Kakashi is one of the strongest ninja of Konoha, and he was able to destroy only one heart, also Kakashi was again overpowered by an akatsuki member and being saved as in the case of his fight against Itachi.

It's pointless to compare Shikamaru and Hidan, they are completely different.

In the Kakuzu vs Naruto fight i want to see the huge battle experience as a strong point for Kakuzu. He is the oldest known kage level ninja, he was fighting the 1st hokage when all the others (ninja like Chiyo, Sarutobi, Orochimaru,...) didn't even exist. Also it would be cool if his last heart was a bloodline heart, something cool like Kimimaro or the 1st hokage or the 3rd kazekage was.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 13:38   Link #220
chuckcsf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Did you notice that Kakuzu much more powerful and smart than Hidan? Not only is Hidan relatively weak, but most importantly he is an arrogant and dumb guy. Probably this pair is the one where there's the largest difference in level. Also notice that Kakashi is one of the strongest ninja of Konoha, and he was able to destroy only one heart, also Kakashi was again overpowered by an akatsuki member and being saved as in the case of his fight against Itachi.

It's pointless to compare Shikamaru and Hidan, they are completely different.

In the Kakuzu vs Naruto fight i want to see the huge battle experience as a strong point for Kakuzu. He is the oldest known kage level ninja, he was fighting the 1st hokage when all the others (ninja like Chiyo, Sarutobi, Orochimaru,...) didn't even exist. Also it would be cool if his last heart was a bloodline heart, something cool like Kimimaro or the 1st hokage or the 3rd kazekage was.
Yeah I know what you mean. What I was trying to point out is, even if Naruto beats Kakuzu, it doesn't necessarily mean that he is at Akatsuki level. Also, this current battle, Kakashi had too many distractions like saving Ino and Chouji with is Raikiri instead of just avoiding the attacks. Even though Kakuzu has had an encounter with the 1st Hokage, doesn't mean he is at Kage level. Maybe the first owned him with 1 finger and was left alive.

Also in this arc, people have been dogging Kakashi but he hasn't even used his MS and his true powers. This arc was made for Shikamaru to shine and for Naruto to use his latest Jutsu. This doesn't mean Kakashi is weak.