AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-06-22, 08:09   Link #32701
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ he'll be good at it too, but he will lampshade behind the scenes that even he is not that idealistic. (Self depreciation/mockery much?
Old 2012-06-22, 08:13   Link #32702
Eratas123

Rather than the regular date event, Ichika gets asked to do a small skit from a manga with a shonen hero and his love interest. He grabs kanzashi and asks her to help.
Old 2012-06-22, 08:21   Link #32703
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Good idea

Which reminds me, Rito is occasionally helping his father drawing manga in canon, do the math....
Old 2012-06-22, 08:26   Link #32704
Eratas123

What, Kanzashi's a huge fan?
Old 2012-06-22, 08:29   Link #32705
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
That's exactly it: Most people call ichika a loser who can't fight for shit, but he nearly beat a trained pilot while he was stuck in training wheels mode. Need to give him more credit.
Eerr... you do aware that we are talking about a trained IS pilot versus an untrained IS pilot....

Rather than giving Ichika more credit... it is more like we should give Cecilia less credit.....
Old 2012-06-22, 08:32   Link #32706
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Would it be creepy if instead of a one off ability, the 2nd shift was a mutation that caused the IS frame to be fused with the pilot?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 08:36   Link #32707
Eratas123

@ Treme - Again, I don't wanna argue on it. Everyone should make their own decision on how they view it.

@ Demi - Look at Twisted Metal where one of the Driver's is fused to his vehicle. It's extremely painful and degrading, not to mention horrific.
Old 2012-06-22, 08:38   Link #32708
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, Rito was surprised that Kanzashi read it at all (it's published in Monthly Shonen magazine after all, though to be fair it has a lot of romance)

It's odd though, the manga writing process itself is a mix of xanatos Gambit. Kanzashi even wonder how the hell the family still can publish the manga, in spite of Saibai being a friggin rear admiral in UNSF, and Rito being self explanatory.

The catch? Saibai drew two page per day, 75% complete usually, during his work as military officer(which mean war time = hiatus). With time taken to solve the issue with editor and draft delivery, there's usually 30-35 pages Rito has to finish per month. In fact, sometimes Saibai spend more money than he acquire from this side job. Old habit die hard, he said.
Old 2012-06-22, 08:42   Link #32709
demino_hellsin
That one guy

What if the transformation didn't monstrously deform you? Just make you inhuman who still remains in human shape perhaps?
Old 2012-06-22, 08:44   Link #32710
Eratas123

Reading "The World God Only Knows" has made me think of something: Does an Idol confessing to you really turn your social life with peers down the drain?

@ Demi - That's just it: He's not deformed. His arms are attached to big wheels, but his entire body is still whole.

http://twistedmetal.wikia.com/wiki/Axel

Here's his pic.
Old 2012-06-22, 08:46   Link #32711
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ I don't see why that has to be the case.
Old 2012-06-22, 08:49   Link #32712
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Some will see it as a blessing, most other will see it as a curse.

@ Eras
Not so simple in real life, where Idol themselves are ... well, rarely gather much sensation like fiction portray them. At least in number, since fanatics, though at much smaller size, do exist.

In fiction though, that seems to be universal rule (how severe your friendship broken is depending on the overall mood and theme)
Old 2012-06-22, 08:49   Link #32713
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Reading "The World God Only Knows" has made me think of something: Does an Idol confessing to you really turn your social life with peers down the drain?
Not necessarily.

Also Box, PM'ed a scene :3
Old 2012-06-22, 08:56   Link #32714
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Basically if someone took the IS core from them, they'd be stuck with a high density body... in one way of looking at it, the IS' gravity control keeps the body from collapsing on itself. Or is that irrelevant?
Old 2012-06-22, 08:58   Link #32715
Eratas123

What I don't undertsand is why. Why does this put your life down the toilet? It's not like you murdered someone or ate a baby or soemthing.
Old 2012-06-22, 09:01   Link #32716
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ One of the greatest sin: Envy and Wrath

Idol is supposed to be pure and energetic, having the innocence of a child, for them to date someone made them 'tainted' in a way (and on the other side of coin, means the fans can't fantasize being with them anymore)

If you need an example, read "Kannagi Fandom Incident". She's a fictional character true, but still... people IRL is hysterical.

Source: a friend working in manga industry.
Old 2012-06-22, 09:04   Link #32717
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Edelweiss's IS, Platinum Knight's One-off ability is over-powered....

First it generate a defensive bubble similar to AIC (that stop/freeze everything caught up within the bubble and function as a shield to prevent anything from getting in..... then repair and recharge the IS and the pilot back to original condition.

Defensive One-off ability to go against Ichika's Offensive One-off ability.

Name of One-off Ability: Emergency Procedure
The only weakness is cooldown time (recharging the back-up power supply that made it possible) and being immobilized....
Justification: It is an Emergency Procedure (for space exploration using IS)
An IS is damaged during operation.....
Pilot's life may be in danger
PIC functioning at full capacity to prevent any possible collision as well as preventing any important tools from drifting away.
Then energy shield is deployed to protect the pilot.
Life support activated (refresh the pilot)..... Damaged part is being repaired.
Back to work.
==

Joan's IS, Gabriel Warning's one-off ability.... I want to keep it a secret. But still useless against Byakushiki's One-off.....

==

The number of Male IS pilot in ISA is still limited to 3 (It is a good number....as the probability of finding another Male IS pilot after combing through the male population within Ichika's age range.... 1 is to ?millions?. Considering the fact the other than Joan, the other two male pilot cheated....).

==

Edit: I think is apply to some real Japanese idol as well......
Old 2012-06-22, 09:10   Link #32718
Eratas123

.....What's the Kannagi fandom incident?
Old 2012-06-22, 09:10   Link #32719
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

Good thing you're still into these guys~

BTW, does animesuki have Thread for Angel Beats! Fanfiction discussion? I think none?
Old 2012-06-22, 09:12   Link #32720
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachiyo View Post
Good thing you're still into these guys~

BTW, does animesuki have Thread for Angel Beats! Fanfiction discussion? I think none?
Here <--- it is.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest