AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-25, 20:48   Link #841
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
'Basketball' can mean anything you want it to be

That said guys, my basketball is stronger than your basketball !
The girls should be taught to handle two at a time. Airi could have made a good training doji if there are no basketballs around - Hentaitron would agree with me on this.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 13:00   Link #842
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Now if only we got to see Subaru's Mommy a bit more: she's easily one of the cutest roles that Noto Mamiko has played since Nogizaka Haruka: She has really taken a turn for the dark, angry and depressing roles of late (Fujino of Kara No Kyoukai, Aisa of To Aru Majutsu No Index and Satellizer of Freezing comes to mind)

So cute... must take Subaru's mommy home with me... (Gets choloroform rag)
Old 2011-09-27, 19:16   Link #843
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/...c.php?t=424397

Some article that I found in ANN
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 20:55   Link #844
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I am actually VERY curious as to if anyone here would have the balls to buy one and wear it.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 21:59   Link #845
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

For a basketball series there wasnt much of basketball just a lot of lolicons in swimsuits and Aoi kicking Subaru but just so good but its a shame that its not getting dub maybe Sentai there minds

8/10
Old 2011-09-28, 00:02   Link #846
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Not a bad way to wrap up the series. Thought the Aoi scenes in 11 were pretty nice. Actually some nice development between them. Sure nothing concrete, but a fun sauna scene. Plus thought Aoi talking about only needing her basketball to reach Subaru was good. If he's not playing then she wants to be involved in this to stay close to him. She's done well after all in helping Airi out. Thought Tomoka had it won, but Aoi's come on strong in the second half of the series.

Good move with Saki taking on that role. Need someone rational since Tomoka might be a bit too nice and just pass always when Maho asks for it. Besides letting their best player focus all on the attack was their best shot.

Too bad they lost, but really coming that far was pretty good. Both sides cost themselves points by losing their heads anyways.
Old 2011-09-28, 06:53   Link #847
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I am actually VERY curious as to if anyone here would have the balls to buy one and wear it.
I sure would.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-09-28, 10:33   Link #848
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Well, you could always claim that you are or are studying to be a teacher. Or simply that you like working with children and that elementary schoolers are your favorite kids to work with.

As long as people don't think too much of it, it shouldn't really matter.
Old 2011-09-28, 13:30   Link #849
tsunade666

as long as you don't do anything suspicious it's alright to wear that kind of dress.
Old 2011-09-28, 13:44   Link #850
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'd have to say that wearing a shirt proclaiming your love elementary school girls is pretty suspicious all by itself...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 21:08   Link #851
tsunade666

but if your a teacher and your not the type to be a suspicious person then their is no problem at all.

for example a respected man wearing that would just give an impression that he loves children but if you make a weird or someone with a suspicious behavior wear that like an otaku -_- then that's plenty to be a problem.
Old 2011-09-29, 01:00   Link #852
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
but if your a teacher and your not the type to be a suspicious person then their is no problem at all.
If you're wearing that shirt, you're a suspicious person.

Doubly so if you start lying about your occupation and pretend you're a teacher.

Triply so if you've got an unmarked van and claim to have candy for said schoolgirls in it.

Quote:
for example a respected man wearing that would just give an impression that he loves children but if you make a weird or someone with a suspicious behavior wear that like an otaku -_- then that's plenty to be a problem.
A respected man... like a Catholic priest?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 04:14   Link #853
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

To my knowledge, shirts like these still fall under freedom of speech. Unless a judge or the law itself says that you can't wear such a shirt in public, there should be no one stopping you from wearing it. You may get people looking funny at you, or even cops stopping you for what your shirt says, but unless they have reasonable suspicion of you being an actual child molester, they cannot do anything about it. If other people have a problem with your choice of clothing, that's their problem.
Old 2011-09-29, 05:43   Link #854
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Putting the shirt topic aside, I thought the show was extremely pleasant to watch, it had some great humour, a lot of ridiculous moments that just made you want to laugh. Sadly to say, the most boring character for me was Aoi, I don't know if she had been done differently perhaps I would have liked her more. She seemed far to generic as a character that she fell flat for me. Although there were some moments that she came on very strong and that was when her character become likable.

On the other hand the basketball team had very nice dynamics with each other and the other characters, especially Subaru which made them very fun to watch. Tomoka and that jump shot... easy to see why Subaru is so hooked on it.
Old 2011-09-29, 08:34   Link #855
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

There are few things as sublime as watching an elegantly executed, game winning 3-Point Shot. A joy that for Football Fans is akin to watching a game-saving touchdown.

That sublimity is a blessed privillige few basketballers have the honor of witnessing in their youths, and Subaru is one of the fortunate few who have thanks to Tomoka.

Ah, those were the days.
Old 2011-09-29, 08:41   Link #856
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I sure would.

Spoiler:
Please wear one and work at a childcare centre. Thank you.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 09:51   Link #857
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
If you're wearing that shirt, you're a suspicious person.

Doubly so if you start lying about your occupation and pretend you're a teacher.

Triply so if you've got an unmarked van and claim to have candy for said schoolgirls in it.

A respected man... like a Catholic priest?
but I don't find that t-shirt that much suspicious unless the one wearing it do something suspicious in my eyes. And I don't find trouble wearing that type of dress because at least it's not the same as the type of lewd or slutty wording in the dress which I find irritating when I saw it. Like they are proclaiming she/he is a pervert.

Maybe it's in one owns perspective but if I wear that and go to school no one will find it troublesome. And maybe it can be also use as a cheering type of dress. You know when Subaru said that. He meant it in a nice way because the girls are following his instruction.

And respected people aren't priest. I respect philosophers and scientist or teachers/professor more than priest and I hate politicians -_-
Old 2011-09-29, 10:19   Link #858
justsomeguy

I typically don't watch loli shows, but Ro-Kyu-Bu was mostly well done.

Pros:
* The team loses one game. I was gonna complain if they had won every single one despite having relatively less experience.
* "Oh~~"
* Tomoka was one of the cutest girls this season. The others were somewhat generic archetypes though.

Cons:
* Aoi gets the shaft (or doesn't). Does Subaru even have any idea that she likes him?
* Takenaka, the only other major male character, gets too little focus for his role. Heck, he's mostly absent after the game against the boys' team and the sleepover training camp.
* Noticeable art fails at times.

Final score: 8/10. A pretty solid show for what it is. There were certain people complaining about this show being something anime does not need, but they're just prejudiced against the genre/concept and judging based on other shows, something they don't do for any other shows.

Addendum: Yeah, that "Primary school girls are great" T-shirt is calling out to me, though I would never wear it.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 14:41   Link #859
judasmartel
*Author

Who was that Meido at the end of Episode 12? Aoi?

Is there an indication of a Season 2 and the girls acquiring a sixth man later on?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 17:21   Link #860
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Who was that Meido at the end of Episode 12? Aoi?

Is there an indication of a Season 2 and the girls acquiring a sixth man later on?
Don't know if there'll be a season 2. But one would hope these girls get more than just a sixth, since they need to have a tenth if they're going to have any real games. Couldn't they get some kouhai in? It's pretty common to have underclassmen in a club so it'll keep going, and the fact that they're underclassmen means they have less room to complain about being benchwarmers. We already have one good candidate there, and if Kage can get a few friends together they'll be good to go.

BTW I believe the first BD should be out. I'm rather curious.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basketball, ecchi, loli