AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-06-20, 05:21   Link #20861
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboy928 View Post
well, it's not entirely finish, i just finish the booster part, but when i put that on the stand..... i totally see the balance issue. and the booster.... sure didn't feel like i'm putting together a PG kit..... it feel more like putting a GP03D. it's detail enough, but not enough pcs.......
yeah, the balance issues are insane with this kit as it seems.
whats your impression of the locking mechanisms in the joints?
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 07:53   Link #20862
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
yeah, the balance issues are insane with this kit as it seems.
whats your impression of the locking mechanisms in the joints?
well, guess i will have to get back to on that question later, since all i finish is just the booster, i just finish both feet (not the entire leg). but base on the booster itself..... i'm not that impress....... for a PG kit i always expect many little tiny pcs interlock each other. but all they seem to be doing with the booster is simply make couple big pcs and snap them together. from the design stand point, yes it does look like the anime. but looking at the design of this kit, one would think the booster wasn't part of the original plan.

anyway, one thing surprise me is they actually come with battery for the GN Drive
the last kit that come with battery, if i remember correctly, it's the Zeta Gundam's light saber.
skyboy928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 09:46   Link #20863
Appel

Quote:
anyway, one thing surprise me is they actually come with battery for the GN Drive
the last kit that come with battery, if i remember correctly, it's the Zeta Gundam's light saber.
that IS kinda surprising^^

man, i really want another PG... but the ones they have dont really appeal to me :T the only ones i MIGHT want to have are the strike freedom and the sky grasper... but i already have the MG strike freedom XP but at HLJ they have it 40% off and EMS shipping for just 65€, thats hard to resist for me^^
Old 2011-06-20, 09:54   Link #20864
skyboy928

Quote:
that IS kinda surprising^^

man, i really want another PG... but the ones they have dont really appeal to me :T the only ones i MIGHT want to have are the strike freedom and the sky grasper... but i already have the MG strike freedom XP but at HLJ they have it 40% off and EMS shipping for just 65€, thats hard to resist for me^^
well, out of all the one that i put together so far, i say Striker is the most impressive one so far, very sturdy, part won't fall off easy, but if you want to get the Sky Grasper, i say pick up the Striker Rouge, since they did bundle together.

but out of all the PG, i still like RX78 the most. i guess i'm pretty old school, nothing ever beat the original.
Old 2011-06-20, 10:52   Link #20865
Appel

Quote:
well, out of all the one that i put together so far, i say Striker is the most impressive one so far, very sturdy, part won't fall off easy, but if you want to get the Sky Grasper, i say pick up the Striker Rouge, since they did bundle together.

but out of all the PG, i still like RX78 the most. i guess i'm pretty old school, nothing ever beat the original.
strike rouge is actually a pretty good idea... i was just a little hesitant about that because i already have a MG aile strike and a 1/100 NG launcher strike. plus, it has the same frame as the PG astray. but ill think about it^^
Old 2011-06-20, 11:42   Link #20866
skyboy928

Quote:
strike rouge is actually a pretty good idea... i was just a little hesitant about that because i already have a MG aile strike and a 1/100 NG launcher strike. plus, it has the same frame as the PG astray. but ill think about it^^
yes, that is a major problem, which is some time i wonder if Bandai do that on purpose. there's plenty of kit should be made PG, but they skip them here and there, ended up just release what's popular......

anyway, if you don't want to the same kind frame for your next PG, there's really limited choice. but if you don't mind anything old, i still gonna suggest RX78, if you're into mod kit, i bet you could turn RX78 into Gundam 0,
Old 2011-06-20, 14:24   Link #20867
Appel

Quote:

anyway, if you don't want to the same kind frame for your next PG, there's really limited choice. but if you don't mind anything old, i still gonna suggest RX78, if you're into mod kit, i bet you could turn RX78 into Gundam 0,
yeah, my choices are limited, thats true =T i dont really want an RX-78 so i really might go with the strike rouge.
Old 2011-06-20, 14:49   Link #20868
skyboy928

Quote:
yeah, my choices are limited, thats true =T i dont really want an RX-78 so i really might go with the strike rouge.
one thing i'm not sure if Strike Rouge come with a stand.
since my stand for Striker is coming from Sky Grasper and i still haven't open my Striker Rouge

anyway, i'm kinda hoping Bandai would release some more non-Gundam PG.
after all there are plenty good one out there.

by the way, did any of you put together a HY2M kit? i would like to know more. since the only thing i know is the kit come with a lot of LED, that's about it. i wonder if the inside is like a HG 1/60 or actually like a PG.
Old 2011-06-21, 04:50   Link #20869
Appel

Quote:
one thing i'm not sure if Strike Rouge come with a stand.
since my stand for Striker is coming from Sky Grasper and i still haven't open my Striker Rouge

anyway, i'm kinda hoping Bandai would release some more non-Gundam PG.
after all there are plenty good one out there.

by the way, did any of you put together a HY2M kit? i would like to know more. since the only thing i know is the kit come with a lot of LED, that's about it. i wonder if the inside is like a HG 1/60 or actually like a PG.
i just watched an unboxing video, it does include a stand^^ so thats a plus. with the aile striker pack it would be bad if they wouldnt give us a stand XP
i found it at ishop2go for about 170€, thats even cheaper than at HLJ^^
http://www.ishop2go.com/productUR_00...64_Prt_en.html
so yeah, i might do that next month :P

about the HY2M kits, i have no experience with those. but it appears to me that they have about the same articulation as MG or good HG kits but a crap ton of details on PG level or maybe even more than that! the rick dom alone contains 15 or so LEDs :P you should watch some youtube videos about it^^ there are build videos and reviews for it.
Old 2011-06-21, 08:25   Link #20870
skyboy928

Quote:
i just watched an unboxing video, it does include a stand^^ so thats a plus. with the aile striker pack it would be bad if they wouldnt give us a stand XP
i found it at ishop2go for about 170€, thats even cheaper than at HLJ^^
http://www.ishop2go.com/productUR_00...64_Prt_en.html
so yeah, i might do that next month :P

about the HY2M kits, i have no experience with those. but it appears to me that they have about the same articulation as MG or good HG kits but a crap ton of details on PG level or maybe even more than that! the rick dom alone contains 15 or so LEDs :P you should watch some youtube videos about it^^ there are build videos and reviews for it.
thanks for the info, hopefully i remember to watch them when i get home tonight.
as of now, there's only 2 kinda of kit that i never try yet. which is the RG (possible getting them by Aug.) and the other is HY2M. the main reason to wanna get those HY2M is simply they are the same size as PG, but they do feature more Zeon's suit. but first thing first, i will need to clear out some more space. i could barely display all my collection in the living room now....
Old 2011-06-21, 08:59   Link #20871
Appel

im not a big fan of the RG line. my RG RX-78-2 is really flimsy and armor pieces pop off all the time XP the HY2M kits look really interesting though and i too like that they have a lot of zeon MS kits. i also like their line of LEDs for MG kits!

edit: alright, new project for the rest of the month^^ i just went out and bought the USS Voyager from revell :P not exactly a gundam but hey, i always wanted to try a model like that XD

Last edited by Appel; 2011-06-21 at 11:38.
Old 2011-06-21, 13:41   Link #20872
skyboy928

[QUOTE=Appel;3660806]im not a big fan of the RG line. my RG RX-78-2 is really flimsy and armor pieces pop off all the time XP the HY2M kits look really interesting though and i too like that they have a lot of zeon MS kits. i also like their line of LEDs for MG kits!

edit: alright, new project for the rest of the month^^ i just went out and bought the USS Voyager from revell :P not exactly a gundam but hey, i always wanted to try a model like that XD[/QUOT

RG kit really that bad? i guess i could save some money on that and put toward some other MG that i don't have it yet.
Old 2011-06-21, 15:15   Link #20873
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

the stop motion is amazing
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 15:46   Link #20874
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

^ Plamoo has always done amazing stop motion works with his models and figures, stop motion work that we mere mortals can only dream of emulating Also, Asuka with glasses

And now, pics of the HG 1/144 Gundam AGE-1 Normal, which gives us a first look at what it looks like from behind:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 16:19   Link #20875
Appel

[QUOTE=skyboy928;3661137]
Quote:
im not a big fan of the RG line. my RG RX-78-2 is really flimsy and armor pieces pop off all the time XP the HY2M kits look really interesting though and i too like that they have a lot of zeon MS kits. i also like their line of LEDs for MG kits!

edit: alright, new project for the rest of the month^^ i just went out and bought the USS Voyager from revell :P not exactly a gundam but hey, i always wanted to try a model like that XD[/QUOT

RG kit really that bad? i guess i could save some money on that and put toward some other MG that i don't have it yet.
i wouldnt call it bad, im just not as impressed by it as other people^^
like i said before, mine is flimsy and falls apart and i dont like 1/144 kits
Old 2011-06-21, 16:45   Link #20876
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
^ Plamoo has always done amazing stop motion works with his models and figures, stop motion work that we mere mortals can only dream of emulating Also, Asuka with glasses

And now, pics of the HG 1/144 Gundam AGE-1 Normal, which gives us a first look at what it looks like from behind:

somehow the booster kinda remind me G-Gundam series.
so now it's kinda look like RX-78-2+Wing Gundam's chest pcs, + G-Gundam style's booster pack
Old 2011-06-21, 16:56   Link #20877
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

Spoiler:
The AGE-1 looks a lot better from behind than I thought it would.
Old 2011-06-21, 19:54   Link #20878
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
The AGE-1 looks a lot better from behind than I thought it would.
Yeah. That spoiler is growing on me.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 22:39   Link #20879
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

The spoiler thing is still...eh with me. What's it for?

I like the booster placements though, AGE has a nice back side.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 00:20   Link #20880
Sworra

You know at first i hated it the Age-1 normal but now its growing on me.. have to see how the show is?

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy