AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-12-16, 02:39   Link #9861
solomon

As long you don't reveal you're a communist, drop your bank number or let it slip out that youve been eyeing her cleveage for 20 minutes, just TALK. Any random old thing, don't over think.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 06:53   Link #9862
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
As long you don't reveal you're a communist, drop your bank number or let it slip out that youve been eyeing her cleveage for 20 minutes, just TALK. Any random old thing, don't over think.
I disagree, I've had the most success just coming out with my communism. I even referred to one girl as 'comrade,' instant ticket to the bedroom.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 06:58   Link #9863
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I disagree, I've had the most success just coming out with my communism. I even referred to one girl as 'comrade,' instant ticket to the bedroom.
Smooth.
Old 2011-12-16, 07:33   Link #9864
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
What if I'm Made in China!?!

(Still not a communist however)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy
You deserve a 80ft gold statue carved in your name.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 11:51   Link #9865
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
This. People overthink and overcomplicate dating and relationships. Girls (and guys, for the ladies reading) are just people. Talk to them like you'd talk to your friends and you'll do fine.
Old 2011-12-16, 12:28   Link #9866
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I have to agree about simply talking to people. I used to be pretty shy and quiet around people, especially girls. It was really getting me nowhere. Fortunately I broke out of my shell in senior year of high school and I learned to talk to people. It seems hard, but it's really quite easy. Just talk about anything (within reason - no need to talk about underwear fetishes with random strangers) to anyone, even when you're standing in line at the check-out.

How can one learn anything about someone without talking to them?
Old 2011-12-16, 13:07   Link #9867
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
How can one learn anything about someone without talking to them?
Scared of talking? Try stalking!
Old 2011-12-16, 13:35   Link #9868
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
We've probably all tried that some point in our lives
Old 2011-12-16, 13:40   Link #9869
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
You can't say Stalking without talking.
Old 2011-12-16, 14:10   Link #9870
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
You can't say Stalking without talking.
You refer to the kind of stalking, where the stalking person tries to remain in contact with you... sending you unwanted SMS (text messages), calling your number...??? Its annoying like hell, I tell you.
Old 2011-12-16, 16:26   Link #9871
Who

It's like not I haven't talked to her randomly. Just this one instance and I walked away with her looking disappointed. Overexaggeration on the above post on my part.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 16:43   Link #9872
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
You refer to the kind of stalking, where the stalking person tries to remain in contact with you... sending you unwanted SMS (text messages), calling your number...??? Its annoying like hell, I tell you.
No sir. I was pointing out that the word talking is inside the word stalking. That's all there is to it.

Endless "Bad Joke" Soul
Old 2011-12-16, 18:02   Link #9873
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
No sir. I was pointing out that the word talking is inside the word stalking. That's all there is to it.

Endless "Bad Joke" Soul
Indeed a bad joke, if that was all there is to it. I thought about a second meaning of this (of something that actually makes sense)
Old 2011-12-16, 20:15   Link #9874
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

With all this talk going around, it makes me realise that I have to get back in the game.

It's been at least a year since I properly stalked a girl! Got to figure out a good one first though, then I got to get back into the whole "gathering info" cycle! So much fun!
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 23:59   Link #9875
HasuMasu
*Artist

"And thus, my secret life as a stalker was discovered..."
Old 2011-12-19, 05:39   Link #9876
Shinji01

I gotta say, getting a "yes" from someone out of you league is cool, but also finding someone who understands your love for anime is also important too.

Many couples in Japan nearly divorce because the wife does not understand why the husband collects figurines, and throws them away, or forbids them from investing in more DVDs etc (you get the picture)

I have a dilemma right now that i am in the best realationship ever, but i have no one to go watch the next Evangelion movie with me. I probably will go by myself.
Shinji01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 06:22   Link #9877
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Hobbies ... aren't everything.

I'm probably leaning in the direction of not wanting to go out with an anime fan. Though a tolerance to it would probably be a reasonable thing to expect.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 07:03   Link #9878
solomon

While those sterotypical Japanese reactions are knee jerk and unnecessary, the Don is right.

People make connections for things more deep than just similar hobbies you know. You have to discover that, and you'd be surprised where you can find it. Otherwise, you may have to go with the ol' "live and let live" approach as far as certain hobbies and pastimes are concerned.

As Homer said "Our differences are only skin deep, but we share a deep mystical connection! WOOHOO WE'RE NUMBER 1! IN YOUR FACE SPACE COYOTE!!!"

Marge: "Space Coyote?"
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 07:28   Link #9879
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

That's not a simple hobby, that's more of an obsession. If my girlfriend likes firearms, that's one thing. Having a depository of 50 assault rifles and going to the shooting range twice a week is another story, and I'd be a creeped out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon
People make connections for things more deep than just similar hobbies you know. You have to discover that, and you'd be surprised where you can find it.
You mean they have to discover that. The one jumping to conclusions and doing the rejecting would be the other person who doesn't appreciate your anime/manga 'hobby'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji01 View Post
I gotta say, getting a "yes" from someone out of you league is cool
Make sure when you view people of other 'leagues', that you don't assume their position is in anyway superior. They're simply different and riskier (exciting) than someone who is very similar to you.

As an asian person who lives in an area that's 99% caucasian. I'm in my own league =( And I understand how awesome it is to get a 'yes' from someone who is so different.
Old 2011-12-19, 11:12   Link #9880
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji01 View Post
I have a dilemma right now that i am in the best realationship ever, but i have no one to go watch the next Evangelion movie with me. I probably will go by myself.
Really? THAT'S a dilemma?

Relationships should be built on a deeper connection with shared interests. If you want someone to like based on their interest in your hobbies, look to your friends. That's why they're your friends - they like the same things you do. If you're satisfied with your romantic relationship, on the other hand, it's matters little that your partner isn't into anime. You like the person, right? You're attracted to them? They feel the same about you?

That's enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
You mean they have to discover that. The one jumping to conclusions and doing the rejecting would be the other person who doesn't appreciate your anime/manga 'hobby'.
Not in this case. If I understand Shinji01 correctly, the rejection is in his mind, not in his girlfriend's. The mindset I interpreted from his post was, "I think this may not work out because we have different hobbies," not, "She thinks this may not work out because we have different hobbies."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Make sure when you view people of other 'leagues', that you don't assume their position is in anyway superior. They're simply different and riskier (exciting) than someone who is very similar to you.
Another concern is from the other person's perspective. If they also think they're out of your league, it's very possible that they'll put less effort into the relationship because they don't believe they have to. Sadly, I know this from personal experience.

Last edited by Gamer_2k4; 2011-12-19 at 11:24.
Gamer_2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom