AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 140 25.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 154 28.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 133 24.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 82 15.07%
6 out of 10 : Average 22 4.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 1.29%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.37%
Voters: 544. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-19, 16:57   Link #221
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
So far all the "good" anime that I'm not interested in from reading its synopsis was actually good. Next to tackle is Death Note, so wish me luck everyone!
chibamonster is absolutely right, I suggest you should read Claymore manga ASAP^^

(by the way, imho you won't be disappointed by Death Note )
Old 2008-01-20, 00:49   Link #222
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore_Obsessed View Post
chibamonster is absolutely right, I suggest you should read Claymore manga ASAP^^
I totally would, but I've never read a manga before, and is there an English version of it?
Old 2008-01-20, 02:06   Link #223
Valduran
Riful For President
*Artist

There is an english version up to something like volume 8 I think, and you can get translated scans for the rest.
Old 2008-01-20, 10:58   Link #224
Casshern

I seriously think the anime is being unfairly trashed. The ending was as decent as it could possibly get, considering the ongoing storyline of the manga.

They could have gone for a completely open ending like Berserk, but they opted to give some closure in the likes of Gantz. Of course a manga reader would hate the second type because it alters the story, but an anime only watcher would prefer it over the first any time.

For the type of ending the chose to give, it was well executed.
Old 2008-01-20, 11:22   Link #225
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
I seriously think the anime is being unfairly trashed. The ending was as decent as it could possibly get, considering the ongoing storyline of the manga.

They could have gone for a completely open ending like Berserk, but they opted to give some closure in the likes of Gantz. Of course a manga reader would hate the second type because it alters the story, but an anime only watcher would prefer it over the first any time.

I thought so as well but even before reading the manga I thought the Raki interference part wasn't good. The whole of beating Priscilla who was obviously superior by just remembering Teresa wasn't good either.
It's not that bad but it wasn't that good either.
Old 2008-01-20, 11:50   Link #226
Mord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post

Berserk is a bad example as they choose a poor place to end the anime. With Claymore, there were a few spots they could have choosen to end it at without any real problems if they just stuck to the manga.
Old 2008-01-20, 13:07   Link #227
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mord View Post
Berserk is a bad example as they choose a poor place to end the anime. With Claymore, there were a few spots they could have choosen to end it at without any real problems if they just stuck to the manga.
The anime followed the manga all the way up to about chapter 61 so there was only 12 chapters left uncovered. The anime had to slow down its pacing, use fillers, add flashbacks, and create a new ending in order to extend it to 26 episodes. Also there was no real "happy" spot they could left it at. A lot fans want them to follow the manga, but I can understand why they choose to do what they did.
Old 2008-01-26, 00:53   Link #228
Captain Spyro
Captain of the Dragonfury

Send a message via ICQ to Captain Spyro Send a message via AIM to Captain Spyro Send a message via MSN to Captain Spyro Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Spyro
Among the fantasy-based anime that I know of, I would rate Claymore below the two Lodoss series, but above Crystania, the Escaflowne movie, and Inuyasha (haven't seen all of the Escaflowne series and haven't seen Berserk at all). With that said, Claymore was one hell of a series. The character drama, intensity, and plot were all top notch. Just when I thought I had certain things guessed, it surprised me. Love it when a series does that.

Now, as for ratings:

Animation Quality: 9.5 - Not as detailed as Haruhi, but damn-well effective and intricate. Gotta love the effort.

Voice Actors: 10 - Spot on. Tis all I can say.

Script: 8 - Awesome early on, but fell off slightly towards the end.

Editing: 9 - Not sure how to comment here...

Emotional Involvement: 10 Annoyance, sadness, love, anger, happiness...yep, all covered.

As for all episodes combines, I give it an 8.5. As I said earlier, Claymore was brilliant through the beginning and middle, but I felt it kinda fell off towards the end. It almost felt...DBZish or Naruto-ish there. I'm not saying it was terrible. No, I actually thought it was a nice way to give the series some closure. I just feel it could've been done more effectivly. Overall, and job well done.

Note: I have not read the manga. In fact, I only watched Claymore after randomly picking it off the list of anime on the frontpage of this board. Man, my senses must've been guided.
Old 2008-01-26, 03:39   Link #229
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Trust me, your senses are telling you to read the manga Captain Spyro.
Old 2008-01-26, 10:14   Link #230
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
My summary

Ep 1 - 22 FTW anime
Ep 23-26 WTF anime

Sighs.
Old 2008-01-26, 16:51   Link #231
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

That's a pretty solid analysis stormy. They better OAV or do a second series in a few years when Claymore is done. I must see my Abyssal Ones.
Old 2008-01-27, 10:37   Link #232
Lights of Euphoria
Ilene's Squeaky - Toy...

Send a message via MSN to Lights of Euphoria
I'd give Claymore a total of 8 out of 10.
As Captain Spyro said, the Voice Acting, Emotional Environment all of that were as good as they could possibly get.
The series lacks most humor. Helen can't do it all on her own, Irene's nose lost it, and there's only so many dismembered bodies you can put in there...
Raki, I can never stop laughing at truth be told, and something so pathetic as him is not worth of anything more then being laughed at; maybe once Clarice comes along (if she even does) there'll be more humor.
Old 2008-01-27, 13:25   Link #233
Zsych

I gave it a 9, despite my extreme pain at the mutilation that was the ending. Stopping it with the Claymore's waking up after Pieta would've been perfectly respectable and would've left decent hope for a season 2.

If those second rate writers who wrote the ending, couldn't come up with a decent ending they just shouldn't have touched anything... although it might've overall been okay, if they'd just killed Priscilla(with the ending the way it was though Priscilla and Raki both definitely Need to Die!!!!.. actually just Raki dying would've made the ending less diseased.. hopefully eaten by Priscilla, comforting her while his guts were eaten so we could laugh at the moron)
Old 2008-01-28, 05:54   Link #234
Lights of Euphoria
Ilene's Squeaky - Toy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsych View Post
.. actually just Raki dying would've made the ending less diseased.. hopefully eaten by Priscilla, comforting her while his guts were eaten so we could laugh at the moron)
Thank you!
Old 2008-01-29, 22:40   Link #235
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsych View Post
I gave it a 9, despite my extreme pain at the mutilation that was the ending. Stopping it with the Claymore's waking up after Pieta would've been perfectly respectable and would've left decent hope for a season 2.

If those second rate writers who wrote the ending, couldn't come up with a decent ending they just shouldn't have touched anything... although it might've overall been okay, if they'd just killed Priscilla(with the ending the way it was though Priscilla and Raki both definitely Need to Die!!!!.. actually just Raki dying would've made the ending less diseased.. hopefully eaten by Priscilla, comforting her while his guts were eaten so we could laugh at the moron)
I second this. I liked Raki UP UNTIL THE POINT WHERE HE MET PRISCILLA. Then he became a goddamn angst-ridden moron. Why didn't he kill Priscilla? Because he felt pity. PITY. Pity for a monster that was eating some poor person's guts right in front of him. Yet he still befriended her. *twitch*

And Priscilla killed Teresa. 'Nuff said.

That is why they both must die.
Old 2008-01-30, 08:47   Link #236
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
overall impression

quickly followed by

cant remember where i saw thoses img but these 2 pretty much summarize what i hoped all serie long, i m in total agreement with the guy that came up with these 2 pic
Old 2008-01-31, 04:11   Link #237
Lights of Euphoria
Ilene's Squeaky - Toy...

IF only it happened...Maybe Clare will start feeling so much pity for the loser to actually kill him in compassion.
Oh, and Spectacular... That scene was actually funny...
Old 2008-02-19, 15:31   Link #238
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

This anime was easily top 3 in my list. Storyline was pretty fresh and action was pretty good too. I knew its good because I couldn't stop watching and never got bored. Compared to other anime, this series had the least "fillers" in my opinion. Teresa and Clare is awesome, and i'm happy about the end (happy ending haha...). Looking forward to the next season already! They should make another season.... I hope.

Clare FTW!
Old 2008-02-26, 19:18   Link #239
Pinion

7/10

Animation Quality: 8

With that many women I was happy the staff didn't focused on their looks.

Voice Actors: 8
Nothing to say here, I was happy there was no one with a voice that can make me turn off the sound.

Script: 6
Since it didn't give any kind of closure, I was left with a 'what-a-heck, where is your victory or loss?". Claire didn't accomplished anything and I think it was too poor wrapped up. Will there come a season 2 when the manga is done?

Editing: 7
Nothing to say there either

Emotional Involvement: 5
I was moved in the start of the show, but it just went downhill after Teresas arc.
Old 2008-02-26, 21:53   Link #240
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

emotional involment- im sure Raki showed a lot of that XD