Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-04-11, 15:48   Link #21
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
lol @ the main guys being all mature and much much taller
nah it just that hababi is too small and hiyama is smaller than aoi, I think takao and aoi are about the same height, takao being a little taller.

Spoiler for episode 2:
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 07:07   Link #22
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
the boys are so annoying
Most of us are at that age
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-16, 01:31   Link #23
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 02

Holy smokes ... talk about adorabludgeoning! Uwah ... I suddenly feel extremely itchy.

That being said it is sacchariney and sweet (in a good way for me), and thus far it has touched on more "serious" or "growing up" subjects rather lightly, but it is there. Hopefully it will expand its subject matter and the like. I am okay with such cute, sparkly, saucer eyed shoujo stories and whatnot, but I also like it when it gets a bit more involved story wise.

Either way I will enjoy it, but I would like for there to be more to enjoy, if you get what I mean. Fluff is nice and all, but ... well, it is still fluff. ^^
Old 2016-04-16, 12:00   Link #24
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I could handle it either way. They could add in some conflict, but there's nothing wrong with it staying small and tame and being more a simple celebration of young love. It'd fit well with the opening song there, just an expression of the joy of falling in love. It'd also be cool to show one of the pairs continue on into junior high, high school, or even beyond. Some might roll their eyes, but I'll never reject the idea that love can last, even if it starts when one's not yet mature enough to understand it.

On a different note, I've seen that fitting scene a few times now, where an attendant just grabs one girl after another, drags/carries her into a room and has her way with her. There's actually been a few different series with that same gag. Just what sort of store would do this? Can it really be considered normal and acceptable to grab little girls, take them against their will into a small room and strip them down to look at their breasts? And if they're actually helping them try it on there's likely to be a lot of grabbing involved as well. I know it's supposed to be "helpful", and I know they're grown women, but you'd still have a lot of people talking about the store where your daughter gets dragged off, stripped and groped by complete strangers.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-16, 13:37   Link #25
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Honestly I do think the show is pretty good just how it is right now. Could stay on this tone and be a really good show. Doesn't have to be a show that goes too far. The ups, downs, and conflicts surrounding that first relationship. Seems like there will be enough conflict as it is. These characters managing their feelings, the reactions of their classmates, all seem full of chances for things to get interesting, but not go far beyond where these first few episodes have been going.

If we're talking seriousness, how about how badly that bathhouse seems to be doing? I mean they apparently can't afford enough staff to run the counter :P. Nor apparently are there many people actually going there .

Good episode for Hiyama and Aoi. In some ways with their personalities, they will probably be the couple I most enjoy watching. Will probably clash on occasion. Plus kind of the funnier duo. The shorter guy going with a "hide behind me (even though it's totally not possible to)" . Certainly a technically questionable choice to pick a fight when he did....but I'm not surprised he couldn't keep his cool there. At least the confessions at the end worked out alright. Slow road ahead for those two, but got on the road at least.
Old 2016-04-16, 15:08   Link #26
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Honestly I do think the show is pretty good just how it is right now. Could stay on this tone and be a really good show. Doesn't have to be a show that goes too far. The ups, downs, and conflicts surrounding that first relationship. Seems like there will be enough conflict as it is. These characters managing their feelings, the reactions of their classmates, all seem full of chances for things to get interesting, but not go far beyond where these first few episodes have been going.

If we're talking seriousness, how about how badly that bathhouse seems to be doing? I mean they apparently can't afford enough staff to run the counter :P. Nor apparently are there many people actually going there .

Good episode for Hiyama and Aoi. In some ways with their personalities, they will probably be the couple I most enjoy watching. Will probably clash on occasion. Plus kind of the funnier duo. The shorter guy going with a "hide behind me (even though it's totally not possible to)" . Certainly a technically questionable choice to pick a fight when he did....but I'm not surprised he couldn't keep his cool there. At least the confessions at the end worked out alright. Slow road ahead for those two, but got on the road at least.
Concerning the bath house, judging from anime at least it's not at all uncommon for a family-run bath house to have family members chip in a few hours here and there. It's just seen as a demonstration that a child cares about his family and is willing to pitch in and help out. I guess it's sort of like over here seeing a boy do the yard work without asking anything in return: it shows responsibility and integrity and demonstrates that even if the boy's a bit of a "bad boy" at school he's still really a good kid at heart.
Old 2016-04-16, 18:05   Link #27
MCAL

1-2:
Its a very pleasant anime to watch, though I hope we get things from the guys perspective too.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 16:20   Link #28
grecefar

I have to say... there are some funny parts in this chapter, come on the fountain was too much xD but I was yelling KISS HER!, nah they are going at the slow pase, they don't need to rush. Fluff as ever chapter 3.

but damn I didn't want a love triangle... it was to much to ask?, hope it just that one and over with it.
Old 2016-04-20, 13:39   Link #29
Ulin

I just hope for a non annoying childhood (ok, more childhood ) friend.

The one thing I didn't like very much is the lack of tsun tsun on Aoi's part, she just melted too easily
Old 2016-04-20, 13:46   Link #30
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
I just hope for a non annoying childhood (ok, more childhood ) friend.

The one thing I didn't like very much is the lack of tsun tsun on Aoi's part, she just melted too easily
There's nothing wrong with a deredere, or I believe her behavior here might qualify as "hajidere"? (hajidere is dere mixed with a lot of shyness and embarrassment if I got the definition right) I myself love the tsun girls, but they can't all be like that. And this works too. Whatever the case, they're still adorable. I had to stop a couple of times because it was too sweet to handle, though I naturally couldn't quit it. Also, I don't know why but that mask gave me my first spit take in some time. I knew she was going to pick up something weird by accident, but that?
Old 2016-04-22, 01:49   Link #31
HandofFate

watched episode 2
wow, the last half was very very hammy.
Old 2016-04-24, 12:43   Link #32
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Episode 3 was pretty good. The double date did give a chance to show the various qualities of the 4 main characters. Both of the guys and the girls have their own uniqueness, but in the end all are pretty nice kids .
Old 2016-04-25, 17:32   Link #33
grecefar

I watched episode 4 and well, there was the fluff as always but there was the popular girl teasing hanabi and that new boy being an asshole more than hiyama in the first chapter. I hate they did add the fucking triangle and more with that guy because he's an ass, for his personality he's going to be forceful.

I still hope they end this soon and that guy get his heart broke already in the next chapter.
Old 2016-04-26, 13:04   Link #34
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I can't imagine this triangle thing's going to go too terribly far. I'll bet there'll be a while with Hanabi obliviously acting friendly without realizing how tortuous the situation is for him, and then she'll find out that he likes her. This will then give her some angst over breaking his heart, and her confused feelings will force a little bit of reassessment. Ultimately, I don't think it'll go too far; I can't really this story having cheating, breaking up for someone else, or other such stuff. And that's for the best, because that stuff's used TOO often. I understand teens and preteens are likely to shift and change, and to break up and go out with someone else, but far too many times in dramas worldwide it seems less a matter of showing a natural occurrence and more forcing a change for a bit of extra drama. Yes, it's dramatic to see someone kiss someone besides their boyfriend/girlfriend, and even more if the real boyfriend/girlfriend sees, but if it's just shoed in because the story needs conflict then that's just wrong.

On a different note, I get a bit of a feeling that Takao's a little too perfect. I mean, ever since he started going out with Hanabi he hasn't made a single misstep. He's always in the right place at the right time, says the right things, does the right things, and maintains his cool no matter what. I like that he's a gentleman and not the sort of stereotypical sadistic bad boy you often see in Shoujo, but it frankly takes a bit from his character for him to simply lack flaws. Here's hoping we'll see him trip up sometimes say or do things to embarrass himself or something.
Old 2016-04-29, 05:37   Link #35
Ulin

Tsutsumi-kun seems to be a cool tsundere in the end. We'll see but I agree that Takao is a bit too perfect, so much that for me he is a bit plain, Hiyama is much more interesting.
Old 2016-05-05, 19:45   Link #36
grecefar

I skipped through this chapter, only thing it was funny to see takao pissed at the end and hanabi can't read the mood.

again I hope this end in the next chapter.
Old 2016-05-11, 05:52   Link #37
Ulin

We'll see... I liked the first two episodes, but now I'm really struggling with it... I guess, quoting the great Murtaugh "I'm too old for this sheet"
Old 2016-05-11, 08:24   Link #38
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, I still like it. It's fluffy compared to more "mature" romances, but frankly most of those romances are too soapy for me. I can't really think of a romance series (besides My love Story) where the pair don't break up at some point and go out with someone else. At the very least someone goes out on a serious date with someone else or has a serious moment. I'm hoping that this one won't do that, will continue to have its couples believe in themselves, each other, and the feelings they share. As I said previously, it feels like this is meant to be above anything else a sort of celebration of young, innocent love. And I'm still hoping that they imply at least one romance to continue on into the distant future. While they're rare, there actually are cases of people going from childhood sweethearts to mature couples and staying together. I guess I'm a bit like that "Destiny ****er" fellow from "I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying": those that are happy should stay happy and those that are unhappy should find a way out of it. Even if it's sappy, I'll still take happy over sad.

That said, having a couple remain firmly in love and faithful to their love doesn't mean making them perfect. There's still plenty of room for hiccups and misunderstandings and personal failings. In that sense I'm a little happier about Takao now. He's still a little too perfect, but he's started to become a bit more human to me. Just a little more work is all it takes. Still, even though it was a little on the perfect side, I loved Takao's response to Tsustumi's behavior: "If you love her, don't hurt her". Well said, Takao.

One other thing. I seriously hope that in the near future we see Cocoa develop a bit more as a character. All we've seen so far is a diva and a jealous you-know-what who has no problem hurting people to the core if it means getting what she wants. No one's that one-sidedly evil and mean, though I've met some people who came close. But Cocoa's only 12, maybe 11, so give her a little bit of good, and a little chance at happiness as well. I'm tired of her doing things that make me mutter "somebody slap her". It wouldn't take all that much to have someone finally break through that stupid arrogance and force her to grow up a bit. Maybe something makes her shift and develop a somewhat less shallow love for Tsutsumi, and then she realizes through this that there's more to Hanabi than her cuteness that makes the boys fall for her. It'd be a delight to see her struggle to change and become a girl who deserves the sort of love she currently thinks is owed to her.
Old 2016-05-11, 11:18   Link #39
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm still enjoying it - there just aren't a lot of series that attempt to deal with the issues kids this age are dealing with. My biggest problem is that Takao is pretty much a mannequin so far, a Ken doll. I either want him to show a dark side or the new kid to win the love triangle, but I think the former is much likelier than the latter.

The more focus on the B couple the better. They're way more interesting.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-12, 23:57   Link #40
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

It seems consistent for this kind of thing....but the B couple really does seem more entertaining .

I don't know, the new kid creating a love triangle still doesn't seem that interesting. But, the show itself remains enjoyable. It is a rare thing to have a show like this tackling these first feelings of romance for kids (and not have them be in their later teens).