Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-07-04, 23:28   Link #1
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Gundam Seed: EA vs Zaft II

Anyone play this yet?
I thought the Windam with nuclear missiles would be amazingly cheap like the first VS's Ginn with heavy missiles but I guess I was wrong...The range of damage is huge but it is extremely slow.

I played with my friend using the older suits(Sword Impulse and Force Impulse) against other people, the new suits we played against seemed cool but there seems to be a learning curve on using them because we made short work of Strike Freedom(+Grunt unit) , and Akatsuki(+ Grunt unit). I didn't see any difference between the Legend and Providence except for the dragoon Spike attack which works like normal Dragoons

Destiny seems like an awsome unit!
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 06:40   Link #2
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
I don't even think there's a machine with it in all of Europe. Curse you westlanders and your arcades!

Quote:
the new suits we played against seemed cool but there seems to be a learning curve on using them because we made short work of Strike Freedom(+Grunt unit) , and Akatsuki(+ Grunt unit).
It's always easier to beat inexperienced players using high powered suits than experienced ones using medium power suits. They probably need to learn to play the suits to their advantage and make sure they don't go and die .

The Nuclear Windam will probably be my favourite suit to play versus my friends with when - and if- this game gets a PS2 release. I sure hope so, no arcades here .
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 06:48   Link #3
El_Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
I don't even think there's a machine with it in all of Europe. Curse you westlanders and your arcades!

It's always easier to beat inexperienced players using high powered suits than experienced ones using medium power suits. They probably need to learn to play the suits to their advantage and make sure they don't go and die .

The Nuclear Windam will probably be my favourite suit to play versus my friends with when - and if- this game gets a PS2 release. I sure hope so, no arcades here .

I'm also waiting for a ps2 release since there isn't a decent arcade hall in the whole of Belgium. The murasame and windam will probably be my favourite suits. Victory will be ours

For now we'll just have to settle with the few gameplay movies that can be found on the net.
El_Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 09:07   Link #4
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Truth. But the new suits are, IMHO, pretty fun; it's a good thing they are so expensive! I haven't tried the nuclear-armed Windam yet, but if they are as slow as the DOM Trooper's bazooka rockets, pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
I'm hoping for a PS2 [Japanese] release in the winter (Yeah, right; keep dreaming!), but realistically, probably not till spring to give the arcades a chance - and perhaps have a few other suits released on a timer or something.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 09:29   Link #5
srb
I can see time itself!

Yeah, I'm sort of wondering if they snuck the Strike Noir in there as a secret unit, but probably not.

Hopefully they'll bring back the campaign mode from FvZ, because in CE it'll feel right to blow up 10 enemies in each battle.
Old 2006-07-05, 09:36   Link #6
Kikuchi

Last year, the PS2 version of OMNI vs ZAFT came out in november if my memory serves me right.

It'll probably be the same this year, but i seriously hope they add a campaign mode, i'm getting tired of OMNI vs ZAFT 1 Arcade and Versus modes (the only ones the game had)

And since last year there was a lot of Destiny MS in the PS2 version, I think it's almost safe to assume that this time the PS2 version will include the Stargazer units...
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 10:30   Link #7
LynnieS

November 2006 would be a very quick release for a PS2 version of the game considering the arcade version only came out last week (very end of June), I think. If there is a time-released suit every month, say, to get people to stay interested, a late winter/spring 2007 release might be doable. The Stargazer suits might be seen, but I'm hoping they include the Astray Blue/Red/Gold units instead. (the Astray Blue Frame with the positron cannon might be a nice sniping unit to see on the field... )

There are already a lot of mobile suits in the game (40 listed in the July issue of "Arcadia" - 9 for EA, 7 for Orb, and 24 for ZAFT) so far, so I wouldn't expect to see a campaign mode for PS2; they also need to put in the BGM and such onto the disc.

A campaign would be a very nice-to-have, though, esp. if they port the game across to the PS3 with its Blu-ray drive and HD.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 11:04   Link #8
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
November 2006 would be a very quick release for a PS2 version of the game considering the arcade version only came out last week (very end of June), I think.
If it is really based on the system 246, it won't surprise me if it release that quick.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 11:09   Link #9
Kikuchi

Last year too, the game came out in early summer. And the PS2 version came out in November. We even got a playable demo with every suit from the full version (unlockable with a Codebreaker) around late September IIRC.
And when I say all suits, I mean the Destiny ones too (Zaku W, G Zaku W classic and Luna, B Zaku P, S Zaku P, the 3 Impulses, Gaia, Chaos, Abyss, Saviour)
So, if the game is so easy to port on the PS2, I suppose they could just as easily implant a campaign mode and still release the game around late autumn/early winter...

And Astrays probably won't make it once again, because these are suits coming from side stories... Otherwise, they probably would have make an apparrence in last year version.
It's just like suits coming from other UC shows than MSG, Zeta and ZZ never made any apparence in the previous arcade games (with the exception of the [G] Gundam)

Err, thinking about it now, it also means that chances to get the Stargazer suits in that game are rather low -_-

(BTW, how's Arcadia? I remember reading the first issue 2 or 3 years ago, it was not bad. But i never read it again :/)
Old 2006-07-05, 14:19   Link #10
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

I think it's possible that it could be released in November 06 if they just port it, it's same system but with more MS and character which would probably take up more size.

Well surprisingly, the people we played against were the best in the First Seed VS, it wouldn't be that much different using Strike Freedom if you've used Freedom right? There's just the added Dragoon attack and duel beam rifle attack. Akatsuki can't be that much different either, from what I see, it only has the basic beam rifle, beam sword, cannon and head vulcan(this one not sure about).

I'm just trying to figure out how to transform in this version, the Saviour's run speed was extremely slow...Its probably double boost + double directional movement. Yea the Saviour's cost range has been moved down to the middle row with the medium costing MS(Impulse, Strike, Zakus) instead of being in the Stirke Freedom and Akatsuki row.

LOL! Everybody used Lacus atleast once as their pilot that we've faced.
Old 2006-07-05, 23:25   Link #11
flamingtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn13
I'm just trying to figure out how to transform in this version
Is the same as how you transform in Zeta. Jump + double direction. This I think is a much better improvement than the old Seed vs game. I was often frustrated by how i became a MA when I just want to move away to shoot .
If they were to add a secrect suit in PS2 version, they should add Meer's zaku I also hope Destroy will be usable in the ps2 version.
flamingtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 00:26   Link #12
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Yup, found that out tonight with the Murasame.

I'm confused to what I want to use now out of the 450 costing MS. The Dom was pretty fun...Surprised to see no previous Seed MS except for the Strike Rouge, maybe they are all unlockable(Blitz, Freedom, Buster, Strike, etc...).

I'm still stuck on Gundam's being the best buck for the bang from the previous game.
Old 2006-07-06, 00:47   Link #13
hanxthre
Banned

Could we perhaps get some screenies of the game??
hanxthre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 00:50   Link #14
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Nuclear Windam is massive lol according to what people said.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 00:55   Link #15
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanxthre
Could we perhaps get some screenies of the game??
http://seed-vs.com/
^Official site

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct
Nuclear Windam is massive lol according to what people said.
It was funny when my friend was hiding behind a building being covered by enemy fire and for no reason then I saw a giant pink bubble engulfing him...
I dunno but I don't think the Nuclear Windam has any other sub attack(maybe nead vulcans?), it was slow so we teamed up on the Akatsuki that he was teamed up with.
Old 2006-07-06, 04:29   Link #16
flamingtroll

Quote:
Yup, found that out tonight with the Murasame.

I'm confused to what I want to use now out of the 450 costing MS. The Dom was pretty fun...Surprised to see no previous Seed MS except for the Strike Rouge, maybe they are all unlockable(Blitz, Freedom, Buster, Strike, etc...).

I'm still stuck on Gundam's being the best buck for the bang from the previous game.

Go wiht DINN or GINN OCHER. They are awesome fodder suits. Silly gundams are no match for them.
flamingtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 06:06   Link #17
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
They must be there somewhere, it would be ridiculous of them to release a version without them when they've already made them. Besides, I could've sworn that I've seen them on the site before.
Old 2006-07-06, 06:56   Link #18
Kikuchi

MS from Seed that doesn't show up in Destiny aren't on the website :/
I hope too that they put these back in the ps2 version....

And curse them for the nerfed Saviour >_>
Old 2006-07-06, 07:48   Link #19
El_Capitano

Quote:

LOL! Everybody used Lacus atleast once as their pilot that we've faced.
I gotta know this. What are her lines in the game? What does she say when she shoots someone down?

And what songs/music have you heard so far?
El_Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 08:13   Link #20
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

So far, I didn't heard anything for Lacus since I was against her.
The BGM so far seems to be typical Seed Destiny fight music and the Theme(Ignited) once.

I'm thinking the Original MS(s) will be an unlockables...Its too bad I dunno how it works. If they get unlocked by finishing the game, then I think its gonna take a while since there's only 1 line and its 90% vs so far...The owner plays it too so I guess he'll finish it during the day time.

One more added thing to the rank/score is the Faith symbol, I guess its something like the "Seed" ranking in the previous game.