AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-22, 10:07   Link #141
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Ah, it's been a while since I've had so much fun watching a serious drama series since Honey and Clover. Not surprising that it's the same people behind H&C for this production, they even put the preview scenes in the credits.

I've been aware of Kawasumi Ayako's talents for some time now, as the series I've watched so far had characters played by her, but so far not in a lead role (I didn't bother watching Fate/stay night). Anyway, I think I'm in love with her voice now. ~Gyabo~

Not much to say about the story as I've neither seen the manga or the live action series, but if I can enjoy H&C, I can certainly enjoy this.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 10:29   Link #142
Jer
(((( _°Д°)))~hwat!?

Send a message via MSN to Jer
^ You definitely will. No doubt about it. I'm enjoying every single moment of this series, especially the music pieces. They're just wonderful. Ohh and.. the animated version is as good as the live action, vice versa. But I'm still trying to get used to the VA of Nodame though Ayako did a splendid job in bringing out her character. Whenever it's Gyabo! I'm reminded of Ueno Juri's voice. XD
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 10:56   Link #143
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

ANyone noticed the Wedding March playing in the background of ep2? Was playing when Nodame mentioned what it is to have a married life
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 11:36   Link #144
kauldron26
Med Student

LMFAO... funniest lines... pathetic Nodame: "Are you hot for me????" lmao... Serious Nodame: " You play like ur jacking off" LMAO... LMAO...
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 12:02   Link #145
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Haha, episode 2 was great aswell! For one thing I really liked all the parallels to the first episode:

- Mine's "Run of the mill. Run of the mill. Everyone's run of the mill" vs Chiaki's "Sucks. Sucks. Everyone sucks." in the first ep.
- Chiaki's "I hate losers" was a great way to get back at Saiko for her "I hate losers" when the situation was reversed.
- Chiaki saying "Play freely" to Mine instead of Nodame.
- Chiaki thinking "I'll keep up" referring to Mine instead of Nodame this time.

Apart from that there were alot of funny moments, Nodame's reactions and exclamations in particular. Great performance by the VA, that screamy voice when Nodame is excited cracks me up. After she tripped, when she was eating Chiaki's food, when she was eating at the chinese place, great stuff. My favorite moment was probably when she was sick but said she might get better if her prince would give her a kiss, Nodame pursing her lips like that made me laugh out loud.

Also had one thought about the name "Nodame", it seems Chiaki for one has trouble refusing her whims such as coming over for dinner, he can't say "dame" to her, so "no dame". Perhaps she has that effect on everyone who knows her.

Anyway, this is definately one of my current favorites, highly anticipating the next episode yet again. Gyabo!

Last edited by Trax; 2007-01-22 at 12:40.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 16:51   Link #146
NaweG
Just some guy

Yup, was starting to wonder what I'd watch with Asatte and Otome winding down, but this looks like a real winner!
NaweG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 17:04   Link #147
False Dawn
Florsheim Monster
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Also had one thought about the name "Nodame", it seems Chiaki for one has trouble refusing her whims such as coming over for dinner, he can't say "dame" to her, so "no dame". Perhaps she has that effect on everyone who knows her.

Ha! Sorry to correct you, but she's called Nodame because it's a contraction of Noda Megumi (her full name)

I also have to agree with Lunacy. Despite being a staunch opposer of subbing sounds, Nodame is different in the way that the sounds she makes are unique to her character and therefore merit translation (or rather, subbing instead of translation as I doubt there's an "english" way of saying those words).

Nodame wouldn't be half as interesting as she is if not for her persistent shouts of "Dokya!" and "Gyabo!" - or think of it another way... it's the same as Ayu in Kanon, whose "uguu" has now received some form of cult status amongst fans

Quote:
just wanted to note that she actually can't read music. she learns from hearing the songs played instead.

Just noticed someone said this a page or two back - that's not entirely true. There are some pieces later in the series that she learns by moving her fingers along her score as if it were a piano, so I think she can probably read music (in fact, she wouldn't have been able to play the first few bars of Mozart's Klaviersonata in the first episode if she couldn't read music...)
False Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 17:16   Link #148
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Dawn View Post
Ha! Sorry to correct you, but she's called Nodame because it's a contraction of Noda Megumi (her full name)
I already knew that, I was just conveying a thought I had that happens to apply to her name. Besides, we don't really know the real origin of that callname. Perhaps it was originally a nickname given to her which incoorporates her full name aswell as her behavior.

About the music reading thing: she *can* read music, just not very good since she's used to learning her music by ear.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 18:56   Link #149
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
LMFAO... funniest lines... pathetic Nodame: "Are you hot for me????" lmao... Serious Nodame: " You play like ur jacking off" LMAO... LMAO...
LOL that line killed me XD but yea her problem with playing the piano while making her "face" would be annoying to Chiaki especially when he finds her annoying in the first place ~ but lol i find that kinda cute ^__^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 05:17   Link #150
Soshen
Kanjisub ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore View Post
I hope you mean that because of the speed of our release, because that's quite an insult. The translation is correct.
never mind, i won't start any flames... I just read on 2ch... maybe it's better if you read on it by yourself

We need a Editor!
Soshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 07:29   Link #151
Slice of Life
eyewitness

I really like the show. A real surprise actually because I would have thought it would be more about Chiaki and his dream instead of the funny Chiaki/Nodame interaction I've got. I just hope it stays that way.

I've noted that Nodame has made it from a dog to a cat in Chiaki's eyes. Promotion or demotion?
Slice of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 08:20   Link #152
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
I've noted that Nodame has made it from a dog to a cat in Chiaki's eyes. Promotion or demotion?
Well, dogs are classed as mans best friend.. :3
Old 2007-01-23, 11:16   Link #153
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well i say its a demotion lolol ~ now chiaki just thinks that nodame is a backstabber going off to whoever gives her food

i just cant get rid of the feeling that everytime i hear nodame's scream(?) she is either 1) eating or 2) doing something out of this world ^__^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 19:58   Link #154
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Fantastic. I watched 1 and 2 in rapid succession and it is an instant hit with me.

I'm a musician and have played with both instinctives (probably
closer to my own style) and schooled people and there are valid
approaches to both.

Great - there's a little bit of the wild feral girl child who will go through a
sort of finishing school approach with Chiaki at the helm, great.

Last edited by aliensporebomb; 2007-01-23 at 22:42.
aliensporebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 20:55   Link #155
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
And as for the nickname "Nodame," I'd like someone who really knows to be more specific than just "of course you know what that means," but I think the idea is right, that people are always telling her "da-me," which means "no," or "bad," or "don't do that," or "fouled up."
ha! i always wondered what that meant! Now I get it, lol. Man, you should t/l or something heh
PEDOS_GRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 22:28   Link #156
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Enjoying the anime immensely, even though I know how music school types feel about "sloppy, play by ear" musicians like myself, who take a while in reading sheet music.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 04:52   Link #157
chibi_star1
will you dance with me?

just saw episode 2 and i just can't stop laughing!!! nodame is just awesome!! i give this series a ten out of ten at this point!
chibi_star1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 09:41   Link #158
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
I know this series is good when I keep watching the two episodes that
C1 subbed again and again - many good things about it.

My wife is a bit of a neat freak so I had to show her the section where
Chiaki recoils in fear at seeing the garbage piling up with juice leaking
and ants being attracted and the bit with the fruit flies flying out of the
empty can of fruit juice. She liked the section where she kept trying to
return Chiaki's belt very loudly and publicly.

In fact, Nodame reminds us a bit of a friend of ours so it's doubly
funny in some ways.

I can't wait for episode 3.
Old 2007-01-24, 11:23   Link #159
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
I liked the first two eps of the anime so much that I decided to watch the drama. It is so amazingly funny I'm practically falling off my chair at some points.

Nodame in the drama reminds me of a younger version of one of my Japanese professors and it's kind of scary. She has that same quirky attitude as Nodame (and looks really similar too...) She even makes weird catch-phrase like noises...
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 17:32   Link #160
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Just caught episode 2 Im amazed at how well its written. The characters are easily likable and the humor is pretty damn good. Needless to say i will be following this one closely. Thats 2 series with musical themes that have got me hooked this season Though Nodame Cantabile is way more outrages than La Corda D'Oro ~primo passo i see the similarities in them. Nodame Cantabile animation is a lot sharper than i thought it would be.

I also like the idea of the show using real pieces of classical music from composers like Chopin and Mozart Instead of making scores up but the improve in the show is quite nice too. I think with this episode the 3 main characters have been introduced i cant remember his name the guy who played the violin.

Tags
comedy, nodame cantabile, noitamina, romance