AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-10-01, 10:40   Link #261
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
At the very least, it would give her a pretty big hint.
I hope the author makes the Shah pick up on that by the next chapter, at least.

Quote:
Of course you're right that his knowledge and skills as a marebito can and have saved him at times when he didn't have an Ambrosia carrier nearby, but I just think it would've been cool if he could also have been combat-ready even without an Ambrosia.
This issue could have been resolved if Kai just reached out to someone like Ligia to teach him how to fight without using Ambrosia. Or even Doronea, since she's been shown to kick 20 kinds of ass in battle. In fact, the author really ought to consider having Ligia teach Kai martial arts as a way to get them closer.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-02, 02:39   Link #262
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

I can see him trying to use Kai 's food to poison the Shah , then put the blame on Kai while he takes control of everything .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-21, 12:17   Link #263
Morilinde

Ok I am confused. What the actual f.. did the Shah do to Gil? I expect brainwashing which will at least save Kai from being discovered for the mean time
You think you have defeated us? You think you have defeated the Master's Chosen? Your efforts are for naught, Prince! We are Domini! I am Domini! We are ethereal! we are eternal! We will fight until the heavens burn and the skies fall
Morilinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-21, 15:00   Link #264
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morilinde View Post
Ok I am confused. What the actual f.. did the Shah do to Gil? I expect brainwashing which will at least save Kai from being discovered for the mean time
Sadly we'll have to wait for the next month to find out exactly what the Shah did to Gil. At least we got some fanservice this time around. The real question remains, however, about how exactly Kai is going to find out about Aldia's being an Ambrosia Carrier, since the plot thus far hasn't shown a way to detect them beforehand.

Technically Kai's mission is only to deliver a message to the Shah, but that has to come with a catch. There's no telling at this point in time how the Shah will react to such a message, and we don't even know its contents right now.

Last edited by Mazryonh; 2021-10-26 at 20:54.
Old 2021-10-26, 09:29   Link #265
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^Yeah. But isn't there a chance that the Albion queen somehow noticed the bad stuff the Shah's doing and wants to end their friendly relations, which is what the letter's about? Though if that's the case, I think we can all kind of guess how the Shah will react to that.

About Aldia being an Ambrosia carrier: we don't even know for sure if she is, though I do think she is.

Speaking of Ambrosia. Aldia noticed him sneaking out that time those thugs attacked the brothel and he went to get the God Curse power from Shierra, and she thought he was a huge coward and weakling. It's good she saw his strength this chapter, but she still doesn't know about the God Curse, about him being a marebito, or about him having a whole harem of Ambrosia carriers. How is she going to react when she finds out about each of those things? Especially the harem thing, given how much she likes Shierra and her knowing that Shierra loves him. I'm kind of worried.

I'm also curious what exactly the Shah did to Gil. Hopefully he can still be saved.
Old 2021-10-26, 21:06   Link #266
Mazryonh

Quote:
^Yeah. But isn't there a chance that the Albion queen somehow noticed the bad stuff the Shah's doing and wants to end their friendly relations, which is what the letter's about? Though if that's the case, I think we can all kind of guess how the Shah will react to that.
Yeah, I think we're all expecting a "shoot the messenger" reaction here once Kai delivers the message.

Quote:
About Aldia being an Ambrosia carrier: we don't even know for sure if she is, though I do think she is.
There's no in-universe reason to believe she is, but the way she had the spotlight on her after the whole school arc concluded made us all think she was "Kai's next pair."

Quote:
Speaking of Ambrosia. Aldia noticed him sneaking out that time those thugs attacked the brothel and he went to get the God Curse power from Shierra, and she thought he was a huge coward and weakling. It's good she saw his strength this chapter, but she still doesn't know about the God Curse, about him being a marebito, or about him having a whole harem of Ambrosia carriers. How is she going to react when she finds out about each of those things? Especially the harem thing, given how much she likes Shierra and her knowing that Shierra loves him. I'm kind of worried.
Yeah, I don't think Aldia, once she regains her memories, will be that happy as a clan chief that she'll be sharing Kai. And that's assuming she'll be falling for him in the first place, which is not guaranteed.

Quote:
I'm also curious what exactly the Shah did to Gil. Hopefully he can still be saved.
Here's hoping.
Old 2021-10-28, 17:05   Link #267
Morilinde

You know I am thinking that Kai actually "recruited" the tribesmen with his speach in the brothel. He made clear how bleak their situation is but he also made them taste his food. I get the feeling he is making a plan using them as a means to break Dhala's impending victory. After all warriors need a full stomach to fight
You think you have defeated us? You think you have defeated the Master's Chosen? Your efforts are for naught, Prince! We are Domini! I am Domini! We are ethereal! we are eternal! We will fight until the heavens burn and the skies fall
Morilinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-31, 11:04   Link #268
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morilinde View Post
You know I am thinking that Kai actually "recruited" the tribesmen with his speach in the brothel. He made clear how bleak their situation is but he also made them taste his food. I get the feeling he is making a plan using them as a means to break Dhala's impending victory. After all warriors need a full stomach to fight
That sounds plausible. Perhaps during the five-day timeskip he gave the tribesmen a plan to attack at a specific time so as to drive off Dhala.
Old 2021-11-02, 21:27   Link #269
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That does sound like something he'd do and something he could come up with.

About the harem, though. When Aldia regains her memories she might not agree to share him, I guess that's true. Though maybe she'll like Sakura enough when she meets her to agree. But right now there's also the issue of how fond she is of Shierra, like I said.

She kind of has to join the harem if she's an Ambrosia carrier, so she has to fall for him. So she will, even if it seems unlikely right now.
Old 2021-11-03, 11:28   Link #270
Mazryonh

Quote:
About the harem, though. When Aldia regains her memories she might not agree to share him, I guess that's true. Though maybe she'll like Sakura enough when she meets her to agree. But right now there's also the issue of how fond she is of Shierra, like I said.
I'd like to see what Aldia thinks of the other "haremettes" once she meets them and regains her memories.

Quote:
She kind of has to join the harem if she's an Ambrosia carrier, so she has to fall for him. So she will, even if it seems unlikely right now.
I think there was at least one Ambrosia carrier who didn't fall for Kai. I believe it was the female head of the Hasas who can transform between a younger form and an older form. I could be remembering wrong.
Old 2021-11-04, 10:46   Link #271
DragonOsman
Dragon King

No, you're right about the leader of the Hasas. The High Mother. She did tease Kai to get a reaction out of him, Sakura and Doronea, but I don't think she's serious. Most of the Ambrosia carriers love him, though, so I think the chances of Aldia falling for him--if she is one too--are higher because of that. We'll see.
Old 2021-11-25, 14:17   Link #272
Mazryonh

Welp, things so far did not go at all like I expected they would in Chapter 58. The author also decided to leave off on a really frustration-inducing cliffhanger too for this chapter, since so little happens in it.

But this chapter does, however, make me think that the author has almost certainly heard of the story of "Roman Charity." That scene of Shiera "offering" herself through a jail cell wall is practically stolen from that old story!
Old 2021-11-25, 18:35   Link #273
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It's good to know that Gil hasn't really been brainwashed. Him lying about the food being poisoned was a huge hint.

Quite surprising that Kai chose to meet the Shah as Grey, though I guess it makes sense he would. Not only because of the connection between Grey and the Kingdom of Albion, but also because meeting her as Kai would've been dangerous. He better just hope she doesn't find out that he's Kai.

But at least he can finally do what he came to do, now. I'm really curious as to how this will turn out.
Old 2021-11-25, 23:11   Link #274
Mazryonh

Quote:
It's good to know that Gil hasn't really been brainwashed. Him lying about the food being poisoned was a huge hint.
The author missed out on an opportunity to have the Shah out Kai as a Marebito from the taste of his "alien" food. Or maybe that might happen in a later chapter.

Quote:
Quite surprising that Kai chose to meet the Shah as Grey, though I guess it makes sense he would. Not only because of the connection between Grey and the Kingdom of Albion, but also because meeting her as Kai would've been dangerous. He better just hope she doesn't find out that he's Kai.

But at least he can finally do what he came to do, now. I'm really curious as to how this will turn out.
Yeah, we're all dying to know the contents of that message from Albion to the Shah. The fact that we didn't get to find out in this chapter (where not much actually happened) is a crying shame. The fact that we've still made no progress towards detecting or outing Aldia as an Ambrosia carrier makes me wonder what kind of plan the author has in mind for her, assuming he has one at all.
Old 2021-11-27, 15:53   Link #275
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, Aldia does have someone she's engaged to, doesn't she? When she gets her memory back, that will also come into play somehow. If the author's planning on having her marry that guy, then she can't be an Ambrosia carrier or a harem member. Though she could be at least the latter, and maybe also the former, if the guy she's engaged to is a bad person that she needs to be saved from.
Old 2021-12-05, 22:48   Link #276
Rekkusu

Gotta give it to Gil for that amazing performance.

Aldia being chosen as Rahu's wife foreshadows her being the next Ambrosia? that sounds like her job in her tribe was also being some kind of priestess, funnily enough, in the brothel she was given the name of one of his wives already.
Rekkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-06, 13:38   Link #277
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekkusu View Post
Gotta give it to Gil for that amazing performance.
Gil's "recovery" seems to be glossed over to me. There should have been a chapter where Kai gets Gil back to his senses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekkusu View Post
Aldia being chosen as Rahu's wife foreshadows her being the next Ambrosia? that sounds like her job in her tribe was also being some kind of priestess, funnily enough, in the brothel she was given the name of one of his wives already.
We don't know what being "Rahu's wife" involves. Maybe bloody sacrifice?
Old 2021-12-07, 08:44   Link #278
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Gil was just pretending the whole time, so there's no need for something like that.
Old 2021-12-08, 18:58   Link #279
Mazryonh

Quote:
Gil was just pretending the whole time, so there's no need for something like that.
Then it's a missed opportunity for drama in the story, and it also shows that the Shah's torturers clearly didn't do their job correctly. Maybe it'll be explained in the upcoming chapter, maybe not. But in any case, Gil's "recovery" seems too easy for me. Real-life people who go through torture and survive, even if they aren't permanently maimed, end up with serious mental illnesses that are often lifelong.
Old 2021-12-08, 19:04   Link #280
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Then it's a missed opportunity for drama in the story, and it also shows that the Shah's torturers clearly didn't do their job correctly. Maybe it'll be explained in the upcoming chapter, maybe not. But in any case, Gil's "recovery" seems too easy for me. Real-life people who go through torture and survive, even if they aren't permanently maimed, end up with serious mental illnesses that are often lifelong.
The torturer came with Gil to release Kai, didnt he? I thought the implication was that Gil was never tortured because the torturer was on his side for some reason.

Tags
disguise, harem, industrial revolution, milk-powered, oppai