AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-03-14, 22:23   Link #661
Matt122005

Quote:
Sorry Matt but u Failzerz nobody is cuyrrently registered for Volume 5 Chapter 2
Then somebody removed him, and they shouldn't have.

Quote:
by the way, Seven Seas Entertainments release of volume 1 will become a looooong wait: Zero's Familiar: Volume One Street Date: December 2008
It's our plan to be at volume 13 by then.

-Matt
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 22:29   Link #662
Oxtail

Just wanted to give thanks to all the people working on getting these novels translated. Since I've watched the anime, I've read everything that's been done so far on baka-tsuki as well as all the great summaries by Sushi-Y and others on this and the other forum. I appreciate all the work you guys are putting into it.

Even when you guys finish everything, I plan to buy all the Seven Seas novels just to support light novels in the US. Between ZnT, Haruhi, FMP, and Saiunkoku novels, I feel like I've discovered a whole new medium I'd never known about before. I really regret forgetting all the Japanese I learned when I was in college.
Oxtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 23:52   Link #663
Matt122005

Quote:
Even when you guys finish everything, I plan to buy all the Seven Seas novels just to support light novels in the US.
I'd hope you would, cause as soon as the official Seven Sea's books come, Baka-Tsuki's translations are going down. When vol. 1 comes out officially, vol. 1 on baka-tsuki will go down, and so on.

I'm going to pre-order my copy in December. I want to be one of the first to own it.

-Matt
Old 2008-03-15, 00:23   Link #664
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Matt122005, do you read the discussion I, Const2K and GTO had about registering?

We decided to to make more strict rules about the registering (because there were quite an amount of registered chapter that were never worked on , but were abandoned by the active translators as they were registered).

If you want to register a tittle you have to produce a an amount of translation for it now (doesnt have to be big, but it has to show that you are working).

You registered Vertiful without giving any translation, thus it was instantly deleted from registering page and will be deleted as long as you do not produce some amount of the translation.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 00:30   Link #665
Matt122005

Um, Dark, why do you sound so.......angry? Your kind of uptight for no reason.

I told you, Veritful said he'd send it to me Sunday, the whole first part of ch 1. So why are we not letting that chapter have his name on it for 2 more days? I'm just confused that's all.

-Matt
Old 2008-03-15, 00:47   Link #666
Darknemo2000

I am not angry, though I guess it might sound to you...

Again - we were registering translators right and left before, happy that someone do register and will do translation...

Look at where it brought us. Volume 2 ch 7-9 not finished, volume 3 chapters 1 and 3 are also not, and these holes appeared because someone was registered for the chapters while active translators were translationg.

So even if he promised to send you - it doesn't matter as long as he didn't. Remember how Magus were saying - soon, soon, I upload the translation? heck he even say that in 24 hours it will be up.

And after almost a year we still do not have his chapter.

So yeah no one is registered until some value of translation txt is provided (ask Const2K and GTO for details on this respect).

but the fact is - you can't register someone just because he promised. he might have the best intentions but other things may get in the way and it will never be translated and other potential translators will shy away because the chapter is registered to someone else...
Old 2008-03-15, 05:44   Link #667
Vaelis
Black Panther

I am the one who unregistered veritful and it was for 3 reasons:
- his name isn't veritful but vertiful
- the new rules for registration
- the fact that vertiful has a baka-tsuki wiki account. People registering for someone else, people posting translations for someone else, I think this shouldn't become a habit and shouldn't be done without a really good reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Last thing:

If someone from Baka-Tsuki is here, two corrections on the titles:

The Flame Red Jewel of Atonement --> The Ruby of Atonement
It does indeed say "Flame Red Jewel", but the furigana above the kanji says "Ruby".
I guess it's more of a translator's choice.

The Door of the Holy Land --> The Holy Country's World Door/The World Door of the Holy Country
聖国の世界扉
This is more of a mistake.
国=Country
世界扉=Definitely is "World Door"
I don't mind doing it but since anyone can edit the wiki, you can edit it when you see a mistake (but to edit the main page of ZnT you need to create a baka-tsuki wiki account but it takes 5 sec to create one)

Last edited by Vaelis; 2008-03-15 at 10:49.
Vaelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 09:45   Link #668
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelis View Post
I am the one who unregistered veritful and it was for 3 reasons:
- his name isn't veritful but vertiful
- the new rules for registration
- the fact that vertiful has a baka-tsuki wiki account. People registering for someone else, people posting translations for someone else, I think this shouldn't become a habit and shouldn't be done without a really good reason.

I don't mind doing it but since anyone can edit the wiki, you can edit it when you see a mistake (but to edit the main page of ZnT you need to create a baka-tsuki wiki account but it takes 5 sec to create one)
Since Serenade said that it's world door, I tried changing it, from World Gate of the Holy Country, to World Door of the Holy Country, and my edit got changed back why is that???
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 11:39   Link #669
Vaelis
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Since Serenade said that it's world door, I tried changing it, from World Gate of the Holy Country, to World Door of the Holy Country, and my edit got changed back why is that???
扉 can mean Gate or Door, it's the same and I thought that in the context Gate sounded better.
But since the furigana above the kanji is ドア I have change it back to Door everywhere

Last edited by Vaelis; 2008-03-16 at 13:51.
Vaelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 01:21   Link #670
Matt122005

Vetiful came through, and now chapter 2 is 25% translated.

Like I said, Serenade, you can start on ch. 3 after your finished with the last part of ch. 1

-Matt
Old 2008-03-17, 16:32   Link #671
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post

Like I said, Serenade, you can start on ch. 3 after your finished with the last part of ch. 1

-Matt
That's good thanks Vertiful.

Anyways for anyone that actually wanted to skip the translations ahead to Volume 8, your dream has come true ArchMageXin had decided to start translating Volume 8, and is currently in the process translaing Volume 8 Chapter 1.

I just hope that volume 3 translations get done sometime soon, especially since there's only two chapters left to be translated in the Volume T_T
Old 2008-03-17, 16:36   Link #672
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

What's the stat on volume 3? It seems the novel translation is going full blast, although bits and pieces here and there are missing.
Old 2008-03-17, 16:40   Link #673
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
What's the stat on volume 3? It seems the novel translation is going full blast, although bits and pieces here and there are missing.
Volume 3 Chapters 1, and 3 are still left untranslated......if those were translated then I could read up until volume 4, and the novel translations aren't going in full blast...they still need more translators, as many as we can get.
Old 2008-03-17, 16:46   Link #674
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Volume 3 Chapters 1, and 3 are still left untranslated......if those were translated then I could read up until volume 4, and the novel translations aren't going in full blast...they still need more translators, as many as we can get.
ah i see, volume 2 certain chapters has also been left undone too. I heard it's because different translators assign different chapters for themselves and no one else will touch them. Is that true?
Old 2008-03-17, 16:59   Link #675
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post

-Matt
Quote:
Hmm... After I finish chp. 1 of Volume 5, I'd prefer a different chapter (other than V.5/Chp.3) like Volume 3's untranslated chapter or the final chapter of Volume 6 (because it sounds so fun to translate that pyromaniacs' lines...) because chp3 of volume 5 focuses on... well... those two (Henrietta and her emo swordswomanAgnes)...

Well, first I should get to translating chapter 1 though... Ahh, if only Super Smash Bros. Brawl wasn't so fun...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 17:00   Link #676
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
ah i see, volume 2 certain chapters has also been left undone too. I heard it's because different translators assign different chapters for themselves and no one else will touch them. Is that true?
While that is true, that's not the case for this project it's just because we don't have enough translators, and each translator works on what ever chapter in whatever novel they want.
Old 2008-03-17, 18:00   Link #677
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Volume 2 chapter 5's scripts are completed.

Volume 7 Epilogue completed.

Volume 8 chapter 1 or 2 (maybe both at sametime) is my next project.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 21:35   Link #678
Darknemo2000

DeotoxSlayer, it is true in a sense, while the active translators were translating some of those chapters were registered to some other poeple, who sadly never worked on them...

Thats how all of them missed a chance to be translated...

ArchmageXin you are not willing to help with those chapters aren't you? Jumping towards 8th volume is too much. Nothing is translated in between and it is not like people would know everything what happens in the novels as anime is far from being faithful so quite a few points will be lost and your translations would be nothing but an spoilers and would make the project even more scattered.
Old 2008-03-17, 23:26   Link #679
Matt122005

As much as I want vol. 5-7 completed, it's his right to skip to vol. 8 if he wants. I just wish we had more translators.

Oh, good news, vol. 9 and beyond ARE NOT liscensed by Seven Seas yet, meaning AnimeSuki shouldn't stop links to translations of vol. 9 and beyond when we reach there.

-Matt
Old 2008-03-17, 23:48   Link #680
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Ok, you need to stop bothering me about this. Like I said, I can do it, or I can stop doing it, read the raw and move on. Right now my interest in this manga is 7.5/10, and I am reading/translating parts that amuse me so I would keep my interest in this thing. If interest slide below 5, I give up and go do something more amusing.

You can always refuse to read the stuff I translated if it bugs you. And regarding earlier chapter you can

1) Wait for another translator to do the earlier chapter for you.

2) Wait for I eventually get around to it (It will happen)

3) Translate it you self.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, light novels, shounen